HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Worcester Sharks / San Francisco news thread III

Closed Thread

Old
04-12-2013, 09:22 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

vCash: 500
http://www.leaderpost.com/sports/Sch...515/story.html

Schwartz trying to acclimate to pro life

Old
04-12-2013, 09:52 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

SFBullsInGame 7:49pm via HootSuite The first period of play in Game 4 is in the books. The Bulls lead 1-0 on a short handed goal by Dean Ouellet!
#BULLieve

Old
04-13-2013, 12:23 AM
CJL182

That was one helluva game tonight. It's too bad a stupid bounce and a soft goal cost the Bulls this one. They looked pretty good though. If they can clean up some things with the quick turnaround and keep playing at the same level, they should be able to extend the series.

Old
04-13-2013, 07:12 AM

4/12/13 Norfolk 4, @WorSharks 3

From telegram.com:
Worcester Sharks’ surge just not enough
MVP honors for Sharks' Bracken Kearns

From hamptonroads.com:
Admirals take over 8th place in East

From Sharkspage.com:
WorSharks miracle comeback falls short; Brace scores in third consecutive game

From sharksahl.com:
Sharks fall short despite three unanswered goals

From norfolkadmirals.com:
Admirals Hold on for Win in Worcester, Take Sole Possession of Eighth Place with Five Games to Play

From theahl.com:
Game Summary
Game Report

Old
04-13-2013, 08:32 AM

Bobby Howard of the Power Play Post Show interviews Matt Nieto (audio)...

http://pppshow.net/2013/04/11/sn-9-e...in-matt-nieto/

Old
04-13-2013, 08:57 AM
spintheblackcircle
Global Moderator
s'all good, man.

3 goals in 3 games for Brace.

04-13-2013, 09:24 AM
sr228

I thought this game was closer then the score showed through the first 20 minutes, as the Sharks actually played pretty well. The 2nd period was another story...It's good that this "new" group fights back as that was a great 3rd period.

I do not at all understand how Andersen is as quick as he is considering his size...

I'm not sure if it's the competition for ice time or if someone had a "chat" with Petrecki but he's been really good for the past couple of weeks. Doherty too.

For the recently added players, that wasn't Nieto's best game but I liked Schwartz, Hayes & Brace (again). Scheidl looked pretty good as well. I also really like DeMelo puck moving, skating, offensive game - his D still needs work. I'm really hoping Lalancette gets into the game tonight, though I'll be watching both the W and SJ Sharks play at the same time.

Old
04-13-2013, 10:13 AM

The stats say Andersen is 6'4" 250#. I gotta tell you, he looks every bit of that and maybe more. Only players heavier than him in the whole AHL are defensemen Boris Valabik (POR) who is 6'7" 255# and Nolan Yonkman (SA) at 6'6" 251#, but both are basically pylons. Defenseman Jamie Oleksiak (TX) is also bigger 6'7" 254#, and he's pretty athletic for a big guy.

Funny thing is Norfolk has another huge goaltender on the roster...Igor Bobkov. 6'6" 230#

Old
04-13-2013, 10:19 AM
sr228

Quote:
Originally Posted by 210 View Post
The stats say Andersen is 6'4" 250#. I gotta tell you, he looks every bit of that and maybe more. Only players heavier than him in the whole AHL are defensemen Boris Valabik (POR) who is 6'7" 255# and Nolan Yonkman (SA) at 6'6" 251#, but both are basically pylons. Defenseman Jamie Oleksiak (TX) is also bigger 6'7" 254#, and he's pretty athletic for a big guy.

Funny thing is Norfolk has another huge goaltender on the roster...Igor Bobkov. 6'6" 230#
It's the "girth" of Andersen that's surprising - he's the size, if not bigger, of Douglas Murray, and then the added (ridiculous) size of goalie gear, it's just surprises me every time I watch him...Those other guys you listed are all at least a couple of inches taller, and as mentioned, the only decent one among them is Oleksiak (and he's more then decent).

Old
04-13-2013, 09:52 PM
sr228

210 is tweeting about him right now - but Hayes was superb tonight. It was a tough loss for the Sharks, especially since the GWG came off of a really dumb penalty.

Brace continues to impress as well, I'd imagine he'll be getting himself an ELC at some point in the next month or two.

Old
04-13-2013, 09:57 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by stalockrox View Post
210 is tweeting about him right now - but Hayes was superb tonight. It was a tough loss for the Sharks, especially since the GWG came off of a really dumb penalty.

Brace continues to impress as well, I'd imagine he'll be getting himself an ELC at some point in the next month or two.
I saw, did he really get 10 shots?!?!?! That's amazing!

Old
04-13-2013, 09:57 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

EJHayes25 7:47pm via Twitter for iPhone Good to get that first one out of the way tonight. Wanna thank everyone for the support.

Old
04-13-2013, 10:03 PM
spintheblackcircle
Global Moderator
s'all good, man.

2 more assists for Brace.

Old
04-13-2013, 10:06 PM
Negatively Positive
Stop Lying!

Forget Brace and Hayes. Pelech got goals in back to back games?

Old
04-13-2013, 10:06 PM
sjshark91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark Fin Soup View Post
Lindros 2.0

Old
04-13-2013, 10:13 PM
spintheblackcircle
Global Moderator
s'all good, man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjshark91 View Post
Lindros 2.0
Brett?

Old
04-13-2013, 10:29 PM
sjshark91

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinTheBlackCircle View Post
Brett?
Yea. Although was he an enforcer? Don't remember.

Old
04-14-2013, 06:01 AM

Quote:

I detest the new "don't let the puck hit your hand off the faceoff" rule. It is by far the most moronic rule in hockey. Absolutely no reason for it to exist at all.

Lots of these kids I want signed, and if they dump Sommer this team could be right there with the best of them.

Old
04-14-2013, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark Fin Soup View Post
From nearly the same exact spot...two booming slap shots.

Old
04-14-2013, 09:38 AM
sr228

Quote:
I detest the new "don't let the puck hit your hand off the faceoff" rule. It is by far the most moronic rule in hockey. Absolutely no reason for it to exist at all.

Lots of these kids I want signed, and if they dump Sommer this team could be right there with the best of them.
I'm guessing you're referring to Urban and maybe Comrie? I would bet if they're signed it'll be on AHL deals and both would be good moves.

Sommer & (mostly) his staff have done a good job developing d-men. But there's a group of forwards in Worcester right now that have very promising tools and some good upside. It would be a really smart move by Thomas (and DW) to replace Sommer with a young, up and coming coach. If they're as loyal to Sommer as they seem, give him another job in the org.

Old
04-14-2013, 09:47 AM

Quote:
I'm guessing you're referring to Urban and maybe Comrie? I would bet if they're signed it'll be on AHL deals and both would be good moves.

Sommer & (mostly) his staff have done a good job developing d-men. But there's a group of forwards in Worcester right now that have very promising tools and some good upside. It would be a really smart move by Thomas (and DW) to replace Sommer with a young, up and coming coach. If they're as loyal to Sommer as they seem, give him another job in the org.
I'd like both Urban and Comrie, but I was more referring to Brace and Scheidl...if I had to guess I'm thinking Walters doesn't get one.

Old
04-14-2013, 09:57 AM
sr228

Quote:
I'd like both Urban and Comrie, but I was more referring to Brace and Scheidl...if I had to guess I'm thinking Walters doesn't get one.
I think Brace gets an ELC. The org really liked him last year and he didn't disappoint in dev. camp. Scheidl might get the Tarasov treatment and sign an AHL contract, if he continues to play well San Jose will sign him.

The WorSharks are going to have LOTS of rookies again next season, I think I counted 10 as of now.

Old
04-14-2013, 10:47 AM
sharksohnoes!
yeahokayidiot

Well. That's all she wrote for the Bulls. They fall to Alaska 4-1. Really proud of the guys though. The series was MUCH closer than anyone thought it would be. It's hard to tell when you lose a series 4-1, but Bulls could have easily won one or two more.

All in all, it was a great season. Obviously they need to work out a lot, 25-47 is nothing to brag about, but I thought they looked pretty good at the end. Especially for a first year team.

There is something really great about minor league hockey, especially when it's only 10 mintes away from your house. I'll always care way more about how the Sharks do, but I think I generally like attending ECHL games more. You really feel like you're a part of it as opposed to just being dollar signs. The accessibly to the front office staff, the players, the coaches and everything in between is great. You can really tell that they are really busting their ***** for you. Let's face it, no one wants to be seeing/playing games at the Cow Palace. It's pretty much a dump, especially compared to what they have going on at other ECHL arenas, but it's all we got. They did a nice job cleaning it up a bit between the first time I went there to pick out my seats in March 2012 and last night. It was a kind of a bummer watching the attendance dwindle as the lockout ended, but ~4k average is nothing to scoff at for a first year minor league team in a major sports market. I did the 12-game-pack this season and decided to go the distance next year and do the full season tickets. I've never been a season ticket holder for anything before and I'm pretty pumped. It's only minor league hockey, but it's something that I can cross off of my bucket list. Good times.

BULLS.

Old
04-15-2013, 08:18 PM
Kmshrkx

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharksohnoes! View Post
Well. That's all she wrote for the Bulls. They fall to Alaska 4-1. Really proud of the guys though. The series was MUCH closer than anyone thought it would be. It's hard to tell when you lose a series 4-1, but Bulls could have easily won one or two more.

All in all, it was a great season. Obviously they need to work out a lot, 25-47 is nothing to brag about, but I thought they looked pretty good at the end. Especially for a first year team.

There is something really great about minor league hockey, especially when it's only 10 mintes away from your house. I'll always care way more about how the Sharks do, but I think I generally like attending ECHL games more. You really feel like you're a part of it as opposed to just being dollar signs. The accessibly to the front office staff, the players, the coaches and everything in between is great. You can really tell that they are really busting their ***** for you. Let's face it, no one wants to be seeing/playing games at the Cow Palace. It's pretty much a dump, especially compared to what they have going on at other ECHL arenas, but it's all we got. They did a nice job cleaning it up a bit between the first time I went there to pick out my seats in March 2012 and last night. It was a kind of a bummer watching the attendance dwindle as the lockout ended, but ~4k average is nothing to scoff at for a first year minor league team in a major sports market. I did the 12-game-pack this season and decided to go the distance next year and do the full season tickets. I've never been a season ticket holder for anything before and I'm pretty pumped. It's only minor league hockey, but it's something that I can cross off of my bucket list. Good times.

BULLS.
I upgraded from a 6 game package to a 12 game package for next season. Agree about the Cow Palace, but the Bulls make it a fun atmosphere even when the crowds are small.

Old
04-17-2013, 07:19 AM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

Grant to Worcester

Closed Thread