HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Worcester Sharks / San Francisco news thread III

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-12-2013, 09:22 PM
  #126
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go
 
LadyStanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: North of the Tank
Country: United States
Posts: 60,481
vCash: 500
http://www.leaderpost.com/sports/Sch...515/story.html

Schwartz trying to acclimate to pro life

LadyStanley is offline  
Old
04-12-2013, 09:52 PM
  #127
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go
 
LadyStanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: North of the Tank
Country: United States
Posts: 60,481
vCash: 500
SFBullsInGame 7:49pm via HootSuite The first period of play in Game 4 is in the books. The Bulls lead 1-0 on a short handed goal by Dean Ouellet!
#BULLieve

LadyStanley is offline  
Old
04-13-2013, 12:23 AM
  #128
CJL182
Registered User
 
CJL182's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,412
vCash: 500
That was one helluva game tonight. It's too bad a stupid bounce and a soft goal cost the Bulls this one. They looked pretty good though. If they can clean up some things with the quick turnaround and keep playing at the same level, they should be able to extend the series.

CJL182 is offline  
Old
04-13-2013, 07:12 AM
  #129
210
Registered User
 
210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Worcester, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 10,429
vCash: 500
4/12/13 Norfolk 4, @WorSharks 3

From telegram.com:
Worcester Sharks’ surge just not enough
MVP honors for Sharks' Bracken Kearns

From hamptonroads.com:
Admirals take over 8th place in East

From Sharkspage.com:
WorSharks miracle comeback falls short; Brace scores in third consecutive game

From sharksahl.com:
Sharks fall short despite three unanswered goals

From norfolkadmirals.com:
Admirals Hold on for Win in Worcester, Take Sole Possession of Eighth Place with Five Games to Play

From theahl.com:
Game Summary
Game Report

210 is offline  
Old
04-13-2013, 08:32 AM
  #130
210
Registered User
 
210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Worcester, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 10,429
vCash: 500
Bobby Howard of the Power Play Post Show interviews Matt Nieto (audio)...

http://pppshow.net/2013/04/11/sn-9-e...in-matt-nieto/

210 is offline  
Old
04-13-2013, 08:57 AM
  #131
spintheblackcircle
Global Moderator
s'all good, man.
 
spintheblackcircle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 37,712
vCash: 500
3 goals in 3 games for Brace.

__________________
Devil inside, devil inside, every single one of us, the devil inside.
spintheblackcircle is offline  
Old
04-13-2013, 09:24 AM
  #132
sr228
Registered User
 
sr228's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 6,326
vCash: 500
I thought this game was closer then the score showed through the first 20 minutes, as the Sharks actually played pretty well. The 2nd period was another story...It's good that this "new" group fights back as that was a great 3rd period.

I do not at all understand how Andersen is as quick as he is considering his size...

I'm not sure if it's the competition for ice time or if someone had a "chat" with Petrecki but he's been really good for the past couple of weeks. Doherty too.

For the recently added players, that wasn't Nieto's best game but I liked Schwartz, Hayes & Brace (again). Scheidl looked pretty good as well. I also really like DeMelo puck moving, skating, offensive game - his D still needs work. I'm really hoping Lalancette gets into the game tonight, though I'll be watching both the W and SJ Sharks play at the same time.

sr228 is offline  
Old
04-13-2013, 10:13 AM
  #133
210
Registered User
 
210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Worcester, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 10,429
vCash: 500
The stats say Andersen is 6'4" 250#. I gotta tell you, he looks every bit of that and maybe more. Only players heavier than him in the whole AHL are defensemen Boris Valabik (POR) who is 6'7" 255# and Nolan Yonkman (SA) at 6'6" 251#, but both are basically pylons. Defenseman Jamie Oleksiak (TX) is also bigger 6'7" 254#, and he's pretty athletic for a big guy.

Funny thing is Norfolk has another huge goaltender on the roster...Igor Bobkov. 6'6" 230#

210 is offline  
Old
04-13-2013, 10:19 AM
  #134
sr228
Registered User
 
sr228's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 6,326
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 210 View Post
The stats say Andersen is 6'4" 250#. I gotta tell you, he looks every bit of that and maybe more. Only players heavier than him in the whole AHL are defensemen Boris Valabik (POR) who is 6'7" 255# and Nolan Yonkman (SA) at 6'6" 251#, but both are basically pylons. Defenseman Jamie Oleksiak (TX) is also bigger 6'7" 254#, and he's pretty athletic for a big guy.

Funny thing is Norfolk has another huge goaltender on the roster...Igor Bobkov. 6'6" 230#
It's the "girth" of Andersen that's surprising - he's the size, if not bigger, of Douglas Murray, and then the added (ridiculous) size of goalie gear, it's just surprises me every time I watch him...Those other guys you listed are all at least a couple of inches taller, and as mentioned, the only decent one among them is Oleksiak (and he's more then decent).

sr228 is offline  
Old
04-13-2013, 09:52 PM
  #135
sr228
Registered User
 
sr228's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 6,326
vCash: 500
210 is tweeting about him right now - but Hayes was superb tonight. It was a tough loss for the Sharks, especially since the GWG came off of a really dumb penalty.

Brace continues to impress as well, I'd imagine he'll be getting himself an ELC at some point in the next month or two.

sr228 is offline  
Old
04-13-2013, 09:57 PM
  #136
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks
 
TheJuxtaposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 29,903
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by stalockrox View Post
210 is tweeting about him right now - but Hayes was superb tonight. It was a tough loss for the Sharks, especially since the GWG came off of a really dumb penalty.

Brace continues to impress as well, I'd imagine he'll be getting himself an ELC at some point in the next month or two.
I saw, did he really get 10 shots?!?!?! That's amazing!

TheJuxtaposer is offline  
Old
04-13-2013, 09:57 PM
  #137
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go
 
LadyStanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: North of the Tank
Country: United States
Posts: 60,481
vCash: 500
EJHayes25 7:47pm via Twitter for iPhone Good to get that first one out of the way tonight. Wanna thank everyone for the support.

LadyStanley is offline  
Old
04-13-2013, 10:03 PM
  #138
spintheblackcircle
Global Moderator
s'all good, man.
 
spintheblackcircle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 37,712
vCash: 500
2 more assists for Brace.

spintheblackcircle is offline  
Old
04-13-2013, 10:06 PM
  #139
Negatively Positive
Stop Lying!
 
Negatively Positive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 6,384
vCash: 500
Forget Brace and Hayes. Pelech got goals in back to back games?

Negatively Positive is offline  
Old
04-13-2013, 10:06 PM
  #140
sjshark91
Registered User
 
sjshark91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country:
Posts: 27,195
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark Fin Soup View Post
Forget Brace and Hayes. Pelech got goals in back to back games?
Lindros 2.0

sjshark91 is offline  
Old
04-13-2013, 10:13 PM
  #141
spintheblackcircle
Global Moderator
s'all good, man.
 
spintheblackcircle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 37,712
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjshark91 View Post
Lindros 2.0
Brett?

spintheblackcircle is offline  
Old
04-13-2013, 10:29 PM
  #142
sjshark91
Registered User
 
sjshark91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country:
Posts: 27,195
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinTheBlackCircle View Post
Brett?
Yea. Although was he an enforcer? Don't remember.

sjshark91 is offline  
Old
04-14-2013, 06:01 AM
  #143
210
Registered User
 
210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Worcester, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 10,429
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stalockrox View Post
210 is tweeting about him right now - but Hayes was superb tonight. It was a tough loss for the Sharks, especially since the GWG came off of a really dumb penalty.

Brace continues to impress as well, I'd imagine he'll be getting himself an ELC at some point in the next month or two.
I detest the new "don't let the puck hit your hand off the faceoff" rule. It is by far the most moronic rule in hockey. Absolutely no reason for it to exist at all.

Lots of these kids I want signed, and if they dump Sommer this team could be right there with the best of them.

210 is offline  
Old
04-14-2013, 06:02 AM
  #144
210
Registered User
 
210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Worcester, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 10,429
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark Fin Soup View Post
Forget Brace and Hayes. Pelech got goals in back to back games?
From nearly the same exact spot...two booming slap shots.

210 is offline  
Old
04-14-2013, 09:38 AM
  #145
sr228
Registered User
 
sr228's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 6,326
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 210 View Post
I detest the new "don't let the puck hit your hand off the faceoff" rule. It is by far the most moronic rule in hockey. Absolutely no reason for it to exist at all.

Lots of these kids I want signed, and if they dump Sommer this team could be right there with the best of them.
I'm guessing you're referring to Urban and maybe Comrie? I would bet if they're signed it'll be on AHL deals and both would be good moves.

Sommer & (mostly) his staff have done a good job developing d-men. But there's a group of forwards in Worcester right now that have very promising tools and some good upside. It would be a really smart move by Thomas (and DW) to replace Sommer with a young, up and coming coach. If they're as loyal to Sommer as they seem, give him another job in the org.

sr228 is offline  
Old
04-14-2013, 09:47 AM
  #146
210
Registered User
 
210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Worcester, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 10,429
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stalockrox View Post
I'm guessing you're referring to Urban and maybe Comrie? I would bet if they're signed it'll be on AHL deals and both would be good moves.

Sommer & (mostly) his staff have done a good job developing d-men. But there's a group of forwards in Worcester right now that have very promising tools and some good upside. It would be a really smart move by Thomas (and DW) to replace Sommer with a young, up and coming coach. If they're as loyal to Sommer as they seem, give him another job in the org.
I'd like both Urban and Comrie, but I was more referring to Brace and Scheidl...if I had to guess I'm thinking Walters doesn't get one.

210 is offline  
Old
04-14-2013, 09:57 AM
  #147
sr228
Registered User
 
sr228's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 6,326
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 210 View Post
I'd like both Urban and Comrie, but I was more referring to Brace and Scheidl...if I had to guess I'm thinking Walters doesn't get one.
I think Brace gets an ELC. The org really liked him last year and he didn't disappoint in dev. camp. Scheidl might get the Tarasov treatment and sign an AHL contract, if he continues to play well San Jose will sign him.

The WorSharks are going to have LOTS of rookies again next season, I think I counted 10 as of now.

sr228 is offline  
Old
04-14-2013, 10:47 AM
  #148
sharksohnoes!
yeahokayidiot
 
sharksohnoes!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 3,871
vCash: 500
Well. That's all she wrote for the Bulls. They fall to Alaska 4-1. Really proud of the guys though. The series was MUCH closer than anyone thought it would be. It's hard to tell when you lose a series 4-1, but Bulls could have easily won one or two more.

All in all, it was a great season. Obviously they need to work out a lot, 25-47 is nothing to brag about, but I thought they looked pretty good at the end. Especially for a first year team.

There is something really great about minor league hockey, especially when it's only 10 mintes away from your house. I'll always care way more about how the Sharks do, but I think I generally like attending ECHL games more. You really feel like you're a part of it as opposed to just being dollar signs. The accessibly to the front office staff, the players, the coaches and everything in between is great. You can really tell that they are really busting their ***** for you. Let's face it, no one wants to be seeing/playing games at the Cow Palace. It's pretty much a dump, especially compared to what they have going on at other ECHL arenas, but it's all we got. They did a nice job cleaning it up a bit between the first time I went there to pick out my seats in March 2012 and last night. It was a kind of a bummer watching the attendance dwindle as the lockout ended, but ~4k average is nothing to scoff at for a first year minor league team in a major sports market. I did the 12-game-pack this season and decided to go the distance next year and do the full season tickets. I've never been a season ticket holder for anything before and I'm pretty pumped. It's only minor league hockey, but it's something that I can cross off of my bucket list. Good times.

BULLS.

sharksohnoes! is offline  
Old
04-15-2013, 08:18 PM
  #149
Kmshrkx
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 97
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharksohnoes! View Post
Well. That's all she wrote for the Bulls. They fall to Alaska 4-1. Really proud of the guys though. The series was MUCH closer than anyone thought it would be. It's hard to tell when you lose a series 4-1, but Bulls could have easily won one or two more.

All in all, it was a great season. Obviously they need to work out a lot, 25-47 is nothing to brag about, but I thought they looked pretty good at the end. Especially for a first year team.

There is something really great about minor league hockey, especially when it's only 10 mintes away from your house. I'll always care way more about how the Sharks do, but I think I generally like attending ECHL games more. You really feel like you're a part of it as opposed to just being dollar signs. The accessibly to the front office staff, the players, the coaches and everything in between is great. You can really tell that they are really busting their ***** for you. Let's face it, no one wants to be seeing/playing games at the Cow Palace. It's pretty much a dump, especially compared to what they have going on at other ECHL arenas, but it's all we got. They did a nice job cleaning it up a bit between the first time I went there to pick out my seats in March 2012 and last night. It was a kind of a bummer watching the attendance dwindle as the lockout ended, but ~4k average is nothing to scoff at for a first year minor league team in a major sports market. I did the 12-game-pack this season and decided to go the distance next year and do the full season tickets. I've never been a season ticket holder for anything before and I'm pretty pumped. It's only minor league hockey, but it's something that I can cross off of my bucket list. Good times.

BULLS.
I upgraded from a 6 game package to a 12 game package for next season. Agree about the Cow Palace, but the Bulls make it a fun atmosphere even when the crowds are small.

Kmshrkx is offline  
Old
04-17-2013, 07:19 AM
  #150
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go
 
LadyStanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: North of the Tank
Country: United States
Posts: 60,481
vCash: 500
Grant to Worcester

LadyStanley is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:02 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.