Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Germany
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

World Championship roster TEAM GERMANY

Closed Thread

Old
04-20-2005, 09:02 AM
Sanderson

vCash: 500
Jochen Hecht might miss the WC as well. He has a pulled ligament in his forearm (not sure which one).

He injured himself against Frankfurt and could only play with painkillers against Berlin.

Old
04-20-2005, 11:22 AM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanderson
Jochen Hecht might miss the WC as well. He has a pulled ligament in his forearm (not sure which one).

He injured himself against Frankfurt and could only play with painkillers against Berlin.
Sturm, Kolzig, and now Hecht.

Old
04-20-2005, 12:43 PM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Ustorf also suffered a knee injury last night!!! If Germany plays without Ustorf and Hecht as well, things are going to be REAL tough for the Bundesadler!!!

Old
04-21-2005, 08:00 AM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

Now Ustorf! This is becoming comical. I haven't seen a roster yet. Anyone have it?

Old
04-21-2005, 08:03 AM
rbeeler

The only roster I have seen was a preliminary on the deb website (www.deb-online.de). It did not include players that were still playing in the DEL playoffs.

Old
04-21-2005, 08:38 AM
Sanderson

Andreas Renz might not play as well...

Old
04-21-2005, 09:27 AM
stv11
Global Moderator

According to hockeyfans.ch, Hecht may still play :

http://www.hockeyfans.ch/cgi-bin/newsNG.pl?id=12456

Old
04-21-2005, 11:54 AM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbeeler
The only roster I have seen was a preliminary on the deb website (www.deb-online.de). It did not include players that were still playing in the DEL playoffs.
Man I never thought it would so hard to find a preliminary roster. You can find all the other countries no problem.

Old
04-21-2005, 12:28 PM
Bacchus

So, our ultimate question won't be:
"Will we win tonight?"
but
"Will we shoot a goal tonight?"

Old
04-21-2005, 12:34 PM
rbeeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Galvin
Man I never thought it would so hard to find a preliminary roster. You can find all the other countries no problem.

Yeah, I thought the same myself. It doesnt help that the DEB website is usually 2 or 3 days late. The only other option would be to check sport.ard.de or sport1.de.

Old
04-24-2005, 10:49 AM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

Any word on how camp is going? I would assume these guys are there already,but I am looking for confirmation that they are... M.Goc, Ehrhoff, and Patzold?

Old
04-24-2005, 11:02 AM
Firedriller

Send a message via ICQ to Firedriller Send a message via MSN to Firedriller Send a message via Skype™ to Firedriller
Quote:
Any word on how camp is going? I would assume these guys are there already,but I am looking for confirmation that they are... M.Goc, Ehrhoff, and Patzold?
I don' know about Goc and Ehrhoff but Pätzold played in the 3-3 tie against Latvia and thereafter was discarded from the final roster like Petermann, Sulkovsky, Hommel and Martinovic.

Old
04-24-2005, 11:03 AM
Sanderson

Pätzold was cut yesterday, together with four other players.

I'm not sure if Goc and Ehrhoff were already with the team the last few days, as they weren't supposed to play against Latvia. They will play in the two games against team USA next week.

Right now the team should look like this:

G:
MÜLLER, Robert
JUNG, Alexander
JONAS, Oliver

D:
WRIGHT, Shayne
RETZER, Stephan
DANIELSMEIER, Collin
SCHAUER, Stefan
RENZ, Andreas
KOPITZ, Lasse
SULZER, Alexander
EHRHOFF, Christian
PYKA, Nico
BAKOS, Michael

F:
BENDA, Jan
KATHAN, Klaus
KREUTZER, Daniel
MORCZINIETZ, Andreas
LEWANDOWSKI, Ed.
FURCHNER, Sebastian
MARTINEC, Tomas
FICAL, Petr
BOOS, Tino
ARENDT, Ronny
BARTA, Björn
REIMER, Patrick
FELSKI, Sven
BARTA, Alexander
GOC, Marcel
HECHT, Jochen

That's 29. I might have missed some cuts, because only 27 players are supposed to be on the roster right now...

Last edited by Sanderson: 04-24-2005 at 11:22 AM.
Old
04-24-2005, 12:57 PM
rbeeler

I believe Renz is out (though I am not sure for how long).

Wasn't Kink on the preliminary roster? It would be nice to see the young, offensive minded guys break the lineup (they need offense badly).

What about Ullman? Did he make the roster?

Regards

Old
04-24-2005, 01:27 PM
Firedriller

Send a message via ICQ to Firedriller Send a message via MSN to Firedriller Send a message via Skype™ to Firedriller
Quote:
I believe Renz is out (though I am not sure for how long).

Wasn't Kink on the preliminary roster? It would be nice to see the young, offensive minded guys break the lineup (they need offense badly).

What about Ullman? Did he make the roster?

Regards
Renz' injury isnt as bad as thouht in the beginning, he already played for Germany again.
Kink and Ulmann were in the DEL finals with Mannheim so they weren't in the roster. If they will get there now I don't know.

Old
04-24-2005, 01:28 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Sorry. Forgot to post the link. Here it is....http://live82.ihwc.net/english/uniforms/
Let me know what you think.
Those are pretty cool. Anyone know how long those will be used before they do a new design? I've wanted to get one with Sturm on it, but if he's not at the world championships, and those jerseys don't make it to the next international tourney, there isn't much point in getting this design lettered with Sturm.

Old
04-24-2005, 03:22 PM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis
Those are pretty cool. Anyone know how long those will be used before they do a new design? I've wanted to get one with Sturm on it, but if he's not at the world championships, and those jerseys don't make it to the next international tourney, there isn't much point in getting this design lettered with Sturm.
I don't really know how long,but I would guess a little while. They are nice,but I just ordered a national team jersey a couple of weeks ago with the old design. But it will have my opa's name on it so it's still going to be my favorite anyway.

Old
04-24-2005, 03:28 PM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanderson
Pätzold was cut yesterday, together with four other players.

I'm not sure if Goc and Ehrhoff were already with the team the last few days, as they weren't supposed to play against Latvia. They will play in the two games against team USA next week.

Right now the team should look like this:

G:
MÜLLER, Robert
JUNG, Alexander
JONAS, Oliver

D:
WRIGHT, Shayne
RETZER, Stephan
DANIELSMEIER, Collin
SCHAUER, Stefan
RENZ, Andreas
KOPITZ, Lasse
SULZER, Alexander
EHRHOFF, Christian
PYKA, Nico
BAKOS, Michael

F:
BENDA, Jan
KATHAN, Klaus
KREUTZER, Daniel
MORCZINIETZ, Andreas
LEWANDOWSKI, Ed.
FURCHNER, Sebastian
MARTINEC, Tomas
FICAL, Petr
BOOS, Tino
ARENDT, Ronny
BARTA, Björn
REIMER, Patrick
FELSKI, Sven
BARTA, Alexander
GOC, Marcel
HECHT, Jochen

That's 29. I might have missed some cuts, because only 27 players are supposed to be on the roster right now...
Much appreciated. Been tough to find

Old
04-24-2005, 03:31 PM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

Kind of surprised Patzold didn't make one of the 3 goalie spots. I didn't think he would start,but would make the team. Anyone else mildly surprised?

Old
04-24-2005, 04:49 PM
Sanderson

I wasn't really surprised about that, I never thought that they would even nominate him for these games.

Müller and Jonas were pretty much set. Both were no.1 in their DEL-teams and played in the last few big tournaments as well. Jung had a good season and was Müller's equal in the games against Sweden and Belarus.

Old
04-24-2005, 06:14 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
I don't really know how long,but I would guess a little while. They are nice,but I just ordered a national team jersey a couple of weeks ago with the old design. But it will have my opa's name on it so it's still going to be my favorite anyway.
That's cool. Did your opa play hockey? My Opa was either Czech or Slovak (I'm not sure which, he wasn't very clear on it. Although I think my oma, who is German, said that his family lived in what's now Slovakia until some time after he was born, then they moved to the current Czech Republic.), So I couldn't reliably pick a national jersey for that. So I'll stick with Germany, because that's the only part of my heritage that I can nail down that has some hockey profile (my dad's side of the family is from the UK and France.)

Old
04-24-2005, 06:51 PM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis
That's cool. Did your opa play hockey? My Opa was either Czech or Slovak (I'm not sure which, he wasn't very clear on it. Although I think my oma, who is German, said that his family lived in what's now Slovakia until some time after he was born, then they moved to the current Czech Republic.), So I couldn't reliably pick a national jersey for that. So I'll stick with Germany, because that's the only part of my heritage that I can nail down that has some hockey profile (my dad's side of the family is from the UK and France.)
No my opa didn't play hockey, but he my opa He is the last Kohler in the family and I know that bums him out. So as a tribute to him I got a national team jersey with his name and birth year(22) on it. I plan on wearing it when I play in the few pick up leagues that I play in. I hope he gets a kick out of it. Don't get to see him much since I'm in the U.S. and he is in Germany(won't fly over because he is deathly afraid of planes) as well as the rest of my family. He is probably too old now to fly anyway. Funny thing about your story, but actually my opa was born in what was Germany when he was born, but is now Czech Republic territory. Forget the name of the town he was born in but it is now on the border of the two countries.

Old
04-25-2005, 02:21 AM
mattihp

vCash: 50
Quote:
Funny thing about your story, but actually my opa was born in what was Germany when he was born, but is now Czech Republic territory. Forget the name of the town he was born in but it is now on the border of the two countries.
Probably Karlóvy Vary, used to be called Karlsbad ^^

Old
04-26-2005, 10:42 PM
rbeeler

Yeah, its funny how some Czech players have Germanic surnames (Lang, Kaberle, Schwarz, Brendl, etc., hell even Kuhnhackl was from Czechoslovakia).

What happened to Thomas Greilinger? If I remember correctly, he had a pretty decent season last year, suppossedly turing the corner. Did he regress?

Old
04-27-2005, 07:37 AM
mattihp

vCash: 50
Quote:
Yeah, its funny how some Czech players have Germanic surnames (Lang, Kaberle, Schwarz, Brendl, etc., hell even Kuhnhackl was from Czechoslovakia).

What happened to Thomas Greilinger? If I remember correctly, he had a pretty decent season last year, suppossedly turing the corner. Did he regress?
How about Reichel?

And I might be completly wrong here... But could Jágr be a czeched version of Jäger?

Closed Thread