Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Finland
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

The next generation of players.

Old
04-27-2013, 11:53 AM
Fin9*

vCash: 500
The next generation of players.

I thought about this and decided to make a list of players who could be NHLers/KHLers/NT players in near future, I didnt include younger guys then the 95 born guys.

Raanta G - 89
Ortio G - 91
Vatanen D - 91
Hakanpää D - 92
Mi.Granlund F - 92
Ma. Granlund F - 93
Salomäki F - 93
Pulkkinen F - 92
Armia F - 93
Barkov F - 95
Ristolainen D - 95
Pesonen F - 88
Komarov F - 87
Haula F - 91
Järvinen D - 89
Hartikainen F - 90
Rajala F - 91
Helenius G - 88
Jokipakka D - 91
Säteri G -89
Joensuu F - 87
Gibson G - 92
Teräväinen F - 94
Määttä D - 94
Pokka D - 94
Korpisalo G - 94
Lindell D - 94
Vainonen D - 94
Ikonen F - 95
Aaltonen F - 91
Ruuttu F - 93
Perhonen G - 93
Lindbohm D - 94
Lehkonen F - 95
Saros G - 95
Eronen D - 90
Aittokallio G - 92
Melart D - 89
Lehterä F- 87
K.Rämö G - 86
Osala F - 87
Enlund F - 87
Ramstedt F - 87
Pakarinen F - 91
Nättinen F - 91
Tuohimaa G - 91
Donskoi F - 92
J.Rask F - 90
Sallinen F - 90
Elo F - 90
Engren G - 88
Näkyvä D - 90
Laakso D - 90
Jormakka F - 90

who said we dont have a future

Fin9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 12:14 PM
Gaps

I don't get that overly negative talk about things being worse than ever in Finnish hockey. Things are actually looking up if you compare our situation to what it was 5 years ago or so. You can't see it yet in the NHL, because all these players are so young, but we have to be patient right now and for a few more years. The doom and gloom makes me roll my eyes. We are not doomed, but there is a gap between our best player generations and that's what we're seeing right now.

Gaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 12:24 PM
Fin9*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaps View Post
I don't get that overly negative talk about things being worse than ever in Finnish hockey. Things are actually looking up if you compare our situation to what it was 5 years ago or so. You can't see it yet in the NHL, because all these players are so young, but we have to be patient right now and for a few more years. The doom and gloom makes me roll my eyes. We are not doomed, but there is a gap between our best player generations and that's what we're seeing right now.
yep.

Fin9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2013, 08:58 PM
FiLe
Mr. Know-It-Nothing

The list is rather unimaginative, as contains no true sleepers (then again, you'd have to be a psychic to see those, I suppose), but I guess it's actually less about recognition and more about making a statement.

Also, putting players such as Komarov, Joensuu, Rämö, Osala and others born in '86 and '87 is a little pointless, as those guys are not our future anymore. They are our present.

Missed some spots as well. At least Sakari Salminen should be on it.

In a sense, it's a bad list. But like I said, it still makes a good point in all its pointlessness. It also reminds me of one of the biggest ironies in Finnish hockey.

Think about it. Players born early to late 70s were technically our "golden generation". Then comes the "gap" Gaps is referring to. Save for one or two years in the early 80s, most players born in that decade were lost into one big hole - mostly thanks to certain badly erroneous general guidelines in the junior development starting from the late 90s.

And the punchline?

The ones born in the 70s had numerous attempts at taking away a major title, always falling just a little short.

Then, then... along comes a team. One that does have some good individuals, but mostly consists of a ragtag bunch of misfits scraped together from the lost crops. They get ONE shot at winning a title... and guess what they end up doing?

Really. If we can do it with players from some of the leanest years we've ever had - how can one say we're heading downwards if THEY could do it and we're obviously picking up speed again?

Last edited by FiLe: 04-27-2013 at 09:16 PM.
FiLe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2013, 09:57 AM
QnebO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaps View Post
True, thought I think those talks were active like 5 years ago or so.. it's not that bad anymore

QnebO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 01:52 AM
edd1e

FiLe you're an optimistic!

Back to the topic:

You got some birth date's wrong and missed some name's but you are on the right path. One thing i miss is NHL players.. We need more!

edd1e is offline   Reply With Quote