Also Per Stephens Blackhawks potential line-up

Brandon Saad-Jonathan Toews-Daniel Carcillo
Jimmy Hayes-Dave Bolland-Patrick Kane
Viktor Stalberg-Andrew Shaw-Bryan Bickell
Brandon Bollig-Marcus Kruger-Michael Frolik
Duncan Keith-Brent Seabrook
Niklas Hjamarsson-Johnny Oduya
Nick Leddy-Sheldon Brookbank

As much as I'd hate to break up our 3rd and 4th lines which happen to be amongst the best in the game, any lineup that gives Carcillo top 2 minutes is completely unacceptable. Last year he could play on the top line, and while not being top-line talent, could contribute. This year he has been flat out awful on just about every line and in every scenario. If Q puts him in a top 6 or even 9 role he'd be doing you guys a huge favor.

Looking forward to the game tonight as it should be awesome. It's unfortunate Hossa is out as the Saad/Toews/Hossa line was probably the best 2 way line in hockey. I'm exciting to see how we come out as we looked awesome these last two games. Really seems like we got our legs back.

Good luck.

zac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 03:36 PM
gratefulyours
Great 8 = T. Selanne

vCash: 483
should be a good game. will be nice to see how we stack up without perry tonight.

please hit kane over and over...it really throws him off.

gratefulyours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 03:37 PM
Kalvinators
Mindholm!!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damn Skippy View Post
I actually think that he is completely soft. But he might be the best choice even so.
I would take the ''completely'' out of it.

PS
i looked up his stats and he actually have more hits this season than Allen
despite playing 4 games less. Wow
He`s 8th best hitter on the Ducks, despite playing only 19 games

Kalvinators is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 03:39 PM
Kalvinators
Mindholm!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zac View Post
As much as I'd hate to break up our 3rd and 4th lines which happen to be amongst the best in the game, any lineup that gives Carcillo top 2 minutes is completely unacceptable. Last year he could play on the top line, and while not being top-line talent, could contribute. This year he has been flat out awful on just about every line and in every scenario. If Q puts him in a top 6 or even 9 role he'd be doing you guys a huge favor.
We`ll galdly introduce you with our 3d line

Old
03-20-2013, 03:40 PM
gratefulyours
Great 8 = T. Selanne

vCash: 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by zac View Post

Looking forward to the game tonight as it should be awesome. It's unfortunate Hossa is out as the Saad/Toews/Hossa line was probably the best 2 way line in hockey. I'm exciting to see how we come out as we looked awesome these last two games. Really seems like we got our legs back.

Good luck.
i asked about carcillo on the top line a few games ago in the hawks gdt...fantasy research.

they said he is only up there when the hawks feel they need more physical play on the top line...to protect towes and saad from undue attention i guess? anyway, they said he typically isn't up there.

gratefulyours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 03:48 PM
zac

Quote:
Originally Posted by gratefulyours View Post
i asked about carcillo on the top line a few games ago in the hawks gdt...fantasy research.

they said he is only up there when the hawks feel they need more physical play on the top line...to protect towes and saad from undue attention i guess? anyway, they said he typically isn't up there.
Q likes to do stuff like this when the reality is the guys that are willing to take runs at our star players aren't afraid of guys like Carcillo. That's inherently why they take those runs in the first place.

For that reason I am expecting that's what he will do. He did the same thing when playing John Scott last year and it cost us probably a couple of games. Goons that are worthless hockey players shouldn't see the ice/get more time over the guys that actually produce. Last year Carcillo was serviceable, but this year he's been a zero. I hope Q buries him on the 4th line.

zac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 03:55 PM
Getz2perry

Do we have a pool on which one of our players gets elbowed tonight, and if the league will review and how many games that player gets?

If not i think we should start one

Getz2perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 04:03 PM
Kalvinators
Mindholm!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getz2perry View Post
Do we have a pool on which one of our players gets elbowed tonight, and if the league will review and how many games that player gets?

Luca Sbisa will unaccidentally throw a puck over the glass in 2nd period PK, which will lead to 2 hawks fans fighting for the puck.

2 days after the game Sbisa will be called by Jaromir Jagr (said that Shanahan made the decision) and will get 5 game suspension, instead of 2 minutes, for ''unacceptably and irresponsible'' throwing puck over the galss.

Last edited by Kalvinators: 03-20-2013 at 04:08 PM.
Old
03-20-2013, 04:21 PM
Getz2perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalvinators View Post
Luca Sbisa will unaccidentally throw a puck over the glass in 2nd period PK, which will lead to 2 hawks fans fighting for the puck.

2 days after the game Sbisa will be called by Jaromir Jagr (said that Shanahan made the decision) and will get 5 game suspension, instead of 2 minutes, for ''unacceptably and irresponsible'' throwing puck over the galss.
I honestly think if that happened wed turn into the sharks fans after they lose, not even mad.... just to the point of laughing.

Old
03-20-2013, 04:21 PM
DuckJet
Destiny pls

vCash: 69
Quote:

Part two of that game is pointless.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 04:25 PM
Getz2perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
Part two of that game is pointless.
Its more of a free throw, you can guess games and likely get it wrong... or you can just take the free basket and say 0 games.

Old
03-20-2013, 04:29 PM
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

vCash: 50
Weird:

Quote:
Most of the talk centered on the enormity of the game. This is the first time two teams with a win percentage better than .800 have met at least 25 games into the regular season, according to Elias Sports Bureau.
Not sure if that's really all that meaningful. Battle of the unsustainables? Or is it just Anaheim that can't play an .800 season?

Spicy Porkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 04:36 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
Weird:

Not sure if that's really all that meaningful. Battle of the unsustainables? Or is it just Anaheim that can't play an .800 season?
When you have intangibles it cancels out unsustainable and you're left with a team so good your records are counted even if they took place in another season with different players. Also, every one of your games will be on national tv.

Ducks DVM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 04:42 PM
Sojourn
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
Weird:

It applies to both. Those numbers are just obscene. I don't think any team can be expected to maintain that over the long term. The best teams in the league are usually just under .700, with some teams occasionally being a tad over. Both teams are finding ways to win, even at times when you could say they would be lucky to do so.

If we're talking win percentage, that's one thing the statmongers have right. It's also completely irrelevant. By all rights Chicago should not have been able to break Anaheim's record, and not only did they do exactly that, but they blew it away. There isn't going to be an asterisk next to their record that says "This was improbable." One of the great things about sports is that pretty much anything can happen. Neither team is likely to finish the season above .800, but it could absolutely happen, because the game is played on the ice where the players decide the results.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 04:43 PM
Realize

Send a message via ICQ to Realize Send a message via MSN to Realize Send a message via Skype™ to Realize
<hmm.. does anyone know if this game will be blacked out for me in Germany tomorrow?
I want to watch it on demand tomorrow morning ..

Realize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 05:32 PM
Sojourn
Where's the kaboom?

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=6...id=DL|NHL|home

It's interesting seeing Anaheim favored here.

Old
03-20-2013, 05:39 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=6...id=DL|NHL|home

It's interesting seeing Anaheim favored here.
NHL.com has had Anaheim at #1 in their power rankings 2 weeks running. You'd suspect they're embarrassed about it.

Old
03-20-2013, 05:41 PM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

I'll miss the game, hopefully we can send a message to the league, and to fenwick tonight

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 05:47 PM
Sojourn
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
NHL.com has had Anaheim at #1 in their power rankings 2 weeks running. You'd suspect they're embarrassed about it.
Well, Chicago has stumbled a bit recently. It isn't much of a stumble, but it was a stumble just the same. Anaheim has just marched on. In that context, I can understand why Anaheim got bumped up to #1. Tonight may decide whether or not Anaheim can hold that #1 spot in the power rankings, or if Pittsburgh or Chicago jump past them.

Old
03-20-2013, 05:58 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Hradek just picked the Ducks on NHL Live. Clearly Bettman has put out a directive to jinx us.

Old
03-20-2013, 05:58 PM
douglast5
PS3 GMC Comish

vCash: 797
Don't worry guys, according to EA they simmed the game, Mcmillan gets 2 goals(on 3 shots), Getz gets 1 for a 3-2 win, with Fasth in net. LOL

douglast5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 06:02 PM
Getz2perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglast5 View Post
Don't worry guys, according to EA they simmed the game, Mcmillan gets 2 goals(on 3 shots), Getz gets 1 for a 3-2 win, with Fasth in net. LOL
Well that's surprising due to the fact our team is terrible and only having success because of unsustainable stats.

Old
03-20-2013, 06:04 PM
douglast5
PS3 GMC Comish

vCash: 797
Quote:
Well that's surprising due to the fact our team is terrible and only having success because of unsustainable stats.
They probably programmed in the luck

douglast5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 06:10 PM
Papaspud
Bring on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gratefulyours View Post
should be a good game. will be nice to see how we stack up without perry tonight.

please hit kane over and over...it really throws him off.
So does painting the zambonis to resemble taxis.

Just saying

Papaspud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 06:12 PM
Getz2perry

I am kinda hoping for a chippy game tonight, more of a playoff style game, im hoping for intensity, pushing after the whistle maybe a couple fights, we shall see, man im excited.

Is it bad that i am planning on ordering tonys pizza(chicago style pizza, owner is a big blackhawk fan).... im sorry but california pizza sucks.