HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

Players of the Game Are? | Isles @ Caps | 3/26 (Hickey, Grabner, JT, Bailey, Okposo)

View Poll Results: Who are the Players of the Game?
Tavares 19 35.85%
Moulson 1 1.89%
Bailey 16 30.19%
Okposo 20 37.74%
Aucoin 1 1.89%
Grabner 28 52.83%
Nielsen 9 16.98%
Nabby 8 15.09%
Hickey 28 52.83%
Hamonic 7 13.21%
Brad Boyes 0 0%
Other 4 7.55%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-26-2013, 08:21 PM
  #1
PWJunior
Moderator
Beware the POOP!
 
PWJunior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Watertown, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,355
vCash: 500
Players of the Game Are? | Isles @ Caps | 3/26 (Hickey, Grabner, JT, Bailey, Okposo)

Who are tonights Players of the Game?

Multiple votes allowed.

First place gets 2 pts

runner(s) up get 1

If you vote other, post who.

PWJunior is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 08:31 PM
  #2
19NYSports91
Registered User
 
19NYSports91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,172
vCash: 500
Bailey-Nielsen-Okposo line and Hamonic for sure.

19NYSports91 is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 08:35 PM
  #3
KyleBailey12
Registered User
 
KyleBailey12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 1,792
vCash: 500
Hickey gets my vote, he played outstanding.

Nods to Okposo(and his line) and Grabs.

KyleBailey12 is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 08:36 PM
  #4
kuwo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: SVK
Posts: 473
vCash: 500
voted Hickey, Hamonic and Grabner...however the whole second line is up there with them...

kuwo is online now  
Old
03-26-2013, 08:36 PM
  #5
19NYSports91
Registered User
 
19NYSports91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,172
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleBailey12 View Post
Hickey gets my vote, he played outstanding.

Nods to Okposo(and his line) and Grabs.
Interesting because Hamonic was better and he played against the Ovechkin line all game.

19NYSports91 is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 08:42 PM
  #6
camper
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 773
vCash: 500
how can you put anyone off the 1st line?

camper is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 08:45 PM
  #7
Degeneration Rex
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Upstate,New York
Country: United States
Posts: 3,148
vCash: 500
Hickey played a great game, gets my vote.

Degeneration Rex is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 08:48 PM
  #8
SLAPSHOT723
Moderator
Big Brock
 
SLAPSHOT723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Long Island
Posts: 16,380
vCash: 500
The Bailey-Nielsen-Okposo line. You know Bailey played well if I'm giving him props.

SLAPSHOT723 is online now  
Old
03-26-2013, 08:58 PM
  #9
JetsMetsIsles
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,319
vCash: 500
Grabner is my player of the game with HMs to Hickey and Okposo. Bailey played well tonight too. Grabner needs to start playing with Moulson and Tavares. The fact that he's never played with JT in these 3 years is shocking to me. I get you want secondary scoring but the way Okposo Neilsen Bailey are playing you still have that.

JetsMetsIsles is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 09:17 PM
  #10
19NYSports91
Registered User
 
19NYSports91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,172
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsMetsIsles View Post
Grabner is my player of the game with HMs to Hickey and Okposo. Bailey played well tonight too. Grabner needs to start playing with Moulson and Tavares. The fact that he's never played with JT in these 3 years is shocking to me. I get you want secondary scoring but the way Okposo Neilsen Bailey are playing you still have that.
Thats actually not a fact...He played a couple of games with him 2 years ago.

19NYSports91 is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 09:20 PM
  #11
JetsMetsIsles
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,319
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19NYSports91 View Post
Thats actually not a fact...He played a couple of games with him 2 years ago.
Yea and they have the occasional shift together but I mean some extended periods of time. They force Okposo on JT at times when Okposo is ice cold but no matter how well Grabner performs he can't get onto the first line.

JT has never played with any wing that has exceptional strength or speed and I want to see how he does when he has that chance. I think Grabner would make JT even more dangerous.

JetsMetsIsles is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 09:22 PM
  #12
mdurbin1234
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 203
vCash: 500
Caps fan here. GG

But why isn't Mike Green on the list?

mdurbin1234 is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 09:31 PM
  #13
luki here
Registered User
 
luki here's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Vienna
Country: Austria
Posts: 2,249
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdurbin1234 View Post
Caps fan here. GG

But why isn't Mike Green on the list?
i see your point

luki here is offline  
Old
03-26-2013, 09:36 PM
  #14
mdurbin1234
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 203
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by luki here View Post
i see your point
Trade?

Mike Green for some nice skates?

Get back to me quickly, deadline approaching fast!!

mdurbin1234 is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 12:09 AM
  #15
MattMartin
KillerInstinct™
 
MattMartin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 5,079
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to MattMartin
I voted Bailey,Nielsen,JT,Grabner, and Hickey. The JT vote was tough but he got the game winner or else he was invisible BUT that's because of his line mates are not doing s***.

__________________
Go Dye Your Hair
MattMartin is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 05:02 AM
  #16
BillD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 7,028
vCash: 500
Went with Nabby. One very soft goal as usual, the rest very good.

HM Grabs all over the Caps putting fear into them every shift

HM Hickey solid and smart

BillD is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 06:20 AM
  #17
Hyphistos
Registered User
 
Hyphistos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Vienna
Country: Austria
Posts: 324
vCash: 500
I went for Grabner, Hickey and Tavares - but really only because of the game winning goal.

Hyphistos is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 07:54 AM
  #18
IslandersFan17
Registered User
 
IslandersFan17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Myrtle Beach
Country: United States
Posts: 1,572
vCash: 500
I went with Okposo, Hickey and other (Streit).

Streit made some very solid plays to prevent Ovy from getting inside and getting good shooting lanes.

Okposo... Not there yet, but you can tell with Kyle playing with confidence the kid can make things happen. It is clear that Kyle and Bailey play very well together.

Hickey... Not as strong a game as Hammer, but in the same regard, Hickey is a rookie whom the coaching staff feels comfortable throwing out there in a lot of high pressure situations.

IslandersFan17 is online now  
Old
03-27-2013, 12:14 PM
  #19
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
#beLIeve
 
Homeland Security's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NY/FL
Country: United States
Posts: 14,175
vCash: 500
Winners: Hickey, Grabner

Runners up: Tavares, Bailey Okposo

__________________
Homeland Security is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:34 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.