HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Importance of finishing 1st

Old
03-20-2013, 09:56 PM
zytz
lumberjack

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
Remember how excited we were when we got Phoenix in the 1st round? The playoffs are tough. You have to beat great teams and beat them on the road too
I was not excited about this.

Though to be fair, I was hoping for SJ or LA

zytz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 11:26 PM
Sarava

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Neither the Flyers or the Kings were "average" teams. Both were expected to make the playoffs and both were expected to challenge for their divisions in each season - they simply had disappointing regular seasons.

Kings 2012 roster - Kopitar, Brown, Richards, Carter, Doughty, Williams, Stoll, Quick; That's not "average" talent.

Flyers 2010 roster - Pronger, Richards, Carter, Briere, Giroux, Hartnell, Timonen; Again, not "average" talent.

No matter who you face in the 1st round, it's going to be tough. It's the toughest series to win, no matter how talented a team you are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
The Flyers got healthy right before the playoffs. The Kings played really well after the deadline deal for Carter
While your posts can be debated because every team faces adversity and injuries in their season, it still furthers the point I was trying to make. Facing the 8th seed is no guarantee of being an easier time than the #7. The odds probably aren't any better or worse with facing either seed.

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 01:30 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

really, I don't care who we play and if we end up as #1 before or #2 behind the Ducks. We would have home ice in round 1 & 2. After that in the WCF it really doesn't matter much if you have that home ice or not. 09/10 hawks proved this in their series with the Sharks and the core is still the same while the depth is better than the last 2 years

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 04:01 AM
TheSlovenian

How important? See last years playoffs.

TheSlovenian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 04:49 PM
HockeySensible
NHL Says...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
While your posts can be debated because every team faces adversity and injuries in their season, it still furthers the point I was trying to make. Facing the 8th seed is no guarantee of being an easier time than the #7. The odds probably aren't any better or worse with facing either seed.
Yep. I agree. The first round is going to be Chicago's toughest test, no matter who they face, IMO at least.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote