HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Targets (Part II)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-27-2013, 03:58 PM
  #226
Juxtaposer
#FreeTimo
 
Juxtaposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bay Area
Country: United States
Posts: 34,589
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilligans Island View Post
Jesus christo DW and his NTC's.

Juxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 04:06 PM
  #227
Arrch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NorCal
Country: United States
Posts: 4,555
vCash: 50
Doubt an NTC affects it much. He'll only waive for cup contenders, and those will be the only ones calling.

He says he wants to stay here, and that's fine. I'd take him back at the right price, but trading him at the deadline to a contender serves to benefit him and the team simultaneously.

Arrch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 04:07 PM
  #228
flyershockey
Registered User
 
flyershockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,441
vCash: 500
Flyers fan here. Pay no mind to the Seravalli article. The guy has very few/if any sources from within the organization, and like most of the Philly sports media, he's clueless when it comes to hockey. Even rational fans on our board know that the Sharks have very little incentive to move Burns.

flyershockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 04:08 PM
  #229
Crazy Joe Divola
Registered User
 
Crazy Joe Divola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,534
vCash: 500
That assumes DW will actually ask a player to waive a NTC. I wouldn't mind re-signing Clowe myself. I think this season is the exception not the rule.

Crazy Joe Divola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 04:11 PM
  #230
hockeyball
Registered User
 
hockeyball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 20,498
vCash: 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Joe Divola View Post
That assumes DW will actually ask a player to waive a NTC. I wouldn't mind re-signing Clowe myself. I think this season is the exception not the rule.
I think he will in a rental situation. It wouldn't fall under his 'disrespectful' umbrella at that point. If he doesn't plan to re-sign him, and Clowe knows that, then it only makes sense for the team and for the player to find another option.

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 04:13 PM
  #231
Lebanezer
I'unno? Coast Guard?
 
Lebanezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New York
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 4,307
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
I think he will in a rental situation. It wouldn't fall under his 'disrespectful' umbrella at that point. If he doesn't plan to re-sign him, and Clowe knows that, then it only makes sense for the team and for the player to find another option.
I'm sure he'll ask Clowe what he would like to do if a team like Boston is willing to pay the price. Give him the option to analyze the situation and see if he thinks he has a better chance to win somewhere else.

Lebanezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 04:15 PM
  #232
Crazy Joe Divola
Registered User
 
Crazy Joe Divola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,534
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
I think he will in a rental situation. It wouldn't fall under his 'disrespectful' umbrella at that point. If he doesn't plan to re-sign him, and Clowe knows that, then it only makes sense for the team and for the player to find another option.
True, I just assumed he would be interested in trying to re-sign him. If, for whatever reason, he has no plans to even offer him a contract next year (which wouldn't make sense, IMO) then I could see him asking if he'd waive for a trade.

Crazy Joe Divola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 04:18 PM
  #233
sweHockeypunk21
Registered User
 
sweHockeypunk21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: CALI
Country: Sweden
Posts: 907
vCash: 500
Anyone else interested in keeping Clowe, leaving Burns at forward (for this season), and picking up another reliable defensman at the price of one of our bottom 6 forwards and a pick (Handzus, Galiardi, Burish, Desjardins, Sheppard, Wingles). Then in the offseason we can pick up a replacement for Burns or a legit 3rd line center to take Pavs spot.

Havlat-Thornton-Burns
Marleau-Couture-Clowe (resign him)
Wingles-Pavelski-Galiardi/Sheppard - depends who gets traded


Boyle-Irwin
Vlasic-Demers
Braun-Stuart
Reliable D - Can take spot of younger D/fill in for injuries in playoffs (Maybe Leopold)

sweHockeypunk21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 04:19 PM
  #234
OrrNumber4
Registered User
 
OrrNumber4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 9,111
vCash: 500
I am 90% sure that Clowe doesn't have an NTC.

OrrNumber4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 04:26 PM
  #235
ChompChomp
My avi is gospel
 
ChompChomp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Dallas, TX (Ugh)
Country: United States
Posts: 9,284
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Joe Divola View Post
That assumes DW will actually ask a player to waive a NTC. I wouldn't mind re-signing Clowe myself. I think this season is the exception not the rule.
Even if he can score again, he's still slow. I wouldn't mind re-signed if Sharks use this season to get him on the cheap. If Detroit or someone like that throws $5M per at him in the offseason, and the Sharks match that and then Clowe decides to stay, I think the Sharks would be insane.

ChompChomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 04:28 PM
  #236
SFSharkie
Registered User
 
SFSharkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: San Francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 86
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweHockeypunk21 View Post
Anyone else interested in keeping Clowe, leaving Burns at forward (for this season), and picking up another reliable defensman at the price of one of our bottom 6 forwards and a pick (Handzus, Galiardi, Burish, Desjardins, Sheppard, Wingles). Then in the offseason we can pick up a replacement for Burns or a legit 3rd line center to take Pavs spot.

Havlat-Thornton-Burns
Marleau-Couture-Clowe (resign him)
Wingles-Pavelski-Galiardi/Sheppard - depends who gets traded


Boyle-Irwin
Vlasic-Demers
Braun-Stuart
Reliable D - Can take spot of younger D/fill in for injuries in playoffs (Maybe Leopold)
so basically you want to give the same core ANOTHER chance... who knows could work. But IMO I don't think the results would be any different. Good, but maddeningly inconsistent.

SFSharkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 04:30 PM
  #237
pappaf2
Registered User
 
pappaf2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bay Area, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,046
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChompChomp View Post
Even if he can score again, he's still slow. I wouldn't mind re-signed if Sharks use this season to get him on the cheap. If Detroit or someone like that throws $5M per at him in the offseason, and the Sharks match that and then Clowe decides to stay, I think the Sharks would be insane.
Agreed. I think something like 2-2.5 mil a year would be a good deal
For the sharks, otherwise he's just not going to fit.

pappaf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 04:31 PM
  #238
Crazy Joe Divola
Registered User
 
Crazy Joe Divola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,534
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChompChomp View Post
Even if he can score again, he's still slow. I wouldn't mind re-signed if Sharks use this season to get him on the cheap. If Detroit or someone like that throws $5M per at him in the offseason, and the Sharks match that and then Clowe decides to stay, I think the Sharks would be insane.
Well obviously he isn't valued for his speed, but the other things he brings to the table are not so easily replaced. Hence why so many teams are interested in trading for him even when he is struggling so badly.

Crazy Joe Divola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 04:31 PM
  #239
hockeyball
Registered User
 
hockeyball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 20,498
vCash: 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChompChomp View Post
Even if he can score again, he's still slow. I wouldn't mind re-signed if Sharks use this season to get him on the cheap. If Detroit or someone like that throws $5M per at him in the offseason, and the Sharks match that and then Clowe decides to stay, I think the Sharks would be insane.
Don't want him no matter what. Team needs to design it's system around transition and speed, Clowe doesn't fit into that anywhere, on any line. Plus, this season is not an 'aberation' it is a continuation of Clowe's massive low's and mediocre highs. A few seasons ago he went about 45 games playing absolutely worthless, I called for his head, lot's of people said he would snap out of it. He did, went on a tear for awhile, now he's right back to a ~40 game lull again. He'll keep doing this, we can't afford a guy making the kind of money he will taking 40 game breaks on a regular basis.

I like Clowe, he's a fun guy, but cya later, seriously.

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 04:37 PM
  #240
SJeasy
Registered User
 
SJeasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: San Jose
Country: United States
Posts: 12,538
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Joe Divola View Post
True, I just assumed he would be interested in trying to re-sign him. If, for whatever reason, he has no plans to even offer him a contract next year (which wouldn't make sense, IMO) then I could see him asking if he'd waive for a trade.
If DW knows that he won't commit the money that Clowe wants, he won't bother offering a contract. He will tell Clowe that he will be cut loose and let him decide if he wants to waive an NTC if he has one. DW will know Clowe's asking price.

SJeasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 04:44 PM
  #241
Crazy Joe Divola
Registered User
 
Crazy Joe Divola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,534
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJeasy View Post
If DW knows that he won't commit the money that Clowe wants, he won't bother offering a contract. He will tell Clowe that he will be cut loose and let him decide if he wants to waive an NTC if he has one. DW will know Clowe's asking price.
Also true but you'd have to think even Clowe recognizes that after his struggles this season he's going to have to take a shorter deal to show he's still got it or take a lower cap hit for more years added on without luxury of NTC.

We'll find out soon I suppose

Crazy Joe Divola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 04:59 PM
  #242
Vaasa
Registered User
 
Vaasa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sacramento, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,696
vCash: 500
Capgeek has updated their info for Clowe to show a full NTC, but are citing the ESPN article. So no idea if they independently verified in any way.

Vaasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 05:10 PM
  #243
pappaf2
Registered User
 
pappaf2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bay Area, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,046
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaasa View Post
Capgeek has updated their info for Clowe to show a full NTC, but are citing the ESPN article. So no idea if they independently verified in any way.
Lebrun seems to be pretty on it when it comes to the sharks, it's very possible that he is right about it.

pappaf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 05:10 PM
  #244
Kitten Mittons
Registered User
 
Kitten Mittons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Francisco
Country: Armenia
Posts: 48,376
vCash: 500
My question is what the hell did he do to deserve an NTC in the first place? DW does not really hand out NTCs on deals longer than 2 years unless he considers them franchise worthy players (Marleau, Thornton, Burns, Vlasic).

Kitten Mittons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 05:11 PM
  #245
hockeyball
Registered User
 
hockeyball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 20,498
vCash: 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappaf2 View Post
Lebrun seems to be pretty on it when it comes to the sharks, it's very possible that he is right about it.
Of course it's legit, this is Doug Wilson, i bet he forces no trade clauses on these guys.

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 05:19 PM
  #246
SactoShark
Registered User
 
SactoShark's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 11,245
vCash: 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrNumber4 View Post
I am 90% sure that Clowe doesn't have an NTC.
I don't see how the past 3 years of Clowe rumors have never surfaced this little tidbit until now.

SactoShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 05:28 PM
  #247
magic school bus
***********
 
magic school bus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: San Jose, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 18,814
vCash: 141
Clowe signed that contract after the 2008-09 season and DW gave him a NTC? Wow, even for him that's impressive.

magic school bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 05:34 PM
  #248
sjshark91
Registered User
 
sjshark91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 31,096
vCash: 500
So a week before the deadline this comes out?

sjshark91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 05:39 PM
  #249
Oppa
#
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 2,549
vCash: 500
I'm calling shenanigans, if LeBrun were accurate about the Sharks, we'd have a cup by now.


Last edited by Oppa: 03-27-2013 at 05:48 PM.
Oppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 05:58 PM
  #250
ramstoria
Registered User
 
ramstoria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sacramento
Country: United States
Posts: 917
vCash: 500
Seems strange that it would come out now, just before the deadline, that Clowe has a NTC. I'm not saying it's not true, it's just bizarre.

ramstoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:36 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.