HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Bolts @ Leafs - March 20 - hail to our leader, kadri. thunder speaks

Closed Thread

Old
03-20-2013, 09:42 PM
MiniMoose

vCash: 500
If say the Kadri Line against top lines work, does that make Grabovski expendable and a trade asset. He played roughly a 13 minutes today. It doesn't seem like he has a place in the team with Kadri emergence. I would consider trading him for a top 4 D if the Kadri experiment works out.

Old
03-20-2013, 09:43 PM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

James Mirtle ‏@mirtle
“The one thing that we’re going to do is we’re going to test Kadri against the best players,” Carlyle said.

That surprises me. Didn't really think Kadri would earn the trust of Carlyle so quick that he would take an inexperienced young player who was playing sheltered offensive minutes to more of a shutdown role.

Good on Kadri, he certainly deserves a bigger role but this is quite a jump. He did well tonight though shutting down Stamkos so maybe he could succeed in this role as well. Having Kulemin on the wing helps. For them to succeed, they will probably need to continue playing a puck possession game and spend time in the offensive zone and it's possible that's what Carlyle could be thinking as well. This should mean Kadri will see his minutes jump up a bit. It also opens up room for Grabovski to focus his game offensively and see some easier minutes. I hope fans don't get on Kadri if his point production declines a bit in this role which it very well could.

Old
03-20-2013, 09:43 PM
Erdinger

Nice to know Lupul is playing with this fire after signing the big contract. Unlike a higher paid dud Leafs signed last season

Old
03-20-2013, 09:44 PM
zeke
#TeamReimer

So Kadri has gone head to head with Stamkos and Tavares the last couple of weeks, and come out looking great each time.

Tonight, along with his 3pts, he was 50% on draws, +3, and threw in 4 hits and 4 blocks to boot.

Randy post-game: "We're going to test him against the best players. He relishes that and he performed well."

He sure does relish it.

This kid is awesome.

Killer Jr.

Old
03-20-2013, 09:44 PM
KPower

How was Gardiner?

Had company from out of town and only half watched the game.

Old
03-20-2013, 09:46 PM
Didact
Nonis lost his mind

did JVR make the pass to Bozak on his goal? I saw JVR swinging his stick like the made the pass (barely), I ain't sure. For fantasy poolies.

Old
03-20-2013, 09:47 PM
Rare Jewel
Patience

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniMoose View Post
If say the Kadri Line against top lines work, does that make Grabovski expendable and a trade asset. He played roughly a 13 minutes today. It doesn't seem like he has a place in the team with Kadri emergence. I would consider trading him for a top 4 D if the Kadri experiment works out.
With his contract there isn't a lot of value at the moment.

I'm not where Interactif is where he wants him banished from the city of Toronto; But he becomes more expendable with each play Kadri makes.

Old
03-20-2013, 09:48 PM
Interactif

The Bozak line played like the #2 line tonight, the more I look at things, the Kadri line is the new #1 line.

He's got Lupul, and Kule who is a black hole to some centres but is a very good complimentary centre to others, like Malkin and Kadri.

Real nice balance on this line. Naz and Lupul have the fire, and Kule is the cerebral defensive conscience. Think they can even get better when they learn where each other is on the ice, but Kadri is the one that weaves it all together.

Old
Lebanese Leaf

Killer Jr. indeed. Just wait till Kadri sees some playoff action, this guy has a Michael Jordan-esque overdrive gear to his game in the playoffs.

The ACC will be roaring with cheers of "KADRI! KADRI!"

Old
cup67
HAIL TO OUR LEADER

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniMoose View Post
who wants a player, that cant play here, and at a 5.5 mil cap hit. we will have to give our 1st with him for a player.

Old
03-20-2013, 09:52 PM
Daisy Joy
Jerry is Gone :(

I don't think it was a "brain fart" third.
I think it was "we play tomorrow night against a rested team and we're winning." ploy. big difference. (they were still playing sound hockey)

Seriously, I hope next year, that we get a favourable schedule - ie: WE get games in hands for like most of the year, and if we play back to backs, it's against teams who ALSO played the night before. oi.

re: Boston - I think we're going to win against Boston on Saturday - and maybe Overtime it on Monday. Only because the last two games were relatively close. Brain Farts cost us the last game, and it was only a 1-0 game before that. The trick to beating Boston is playing like them. They're too good to try to smuck them around because they'll not bite, and then smack you.

Unlike most of the other teams we play against, where we can smuck them, get under their skin and make it a really good game.

Old
03-20-2013, 09:53 PM
Flowzak
I saw, I conquered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebanese Leaf View Post
Killer Jr. indeed. Just wait till Kadri sees some playoff action, this guy has a Michael Jordan-esque overdrive gear to his game in the playoffs.

The ACC will be roaring with cheers of "KADRI! KADRI!"
If we get to the playoffs and Kadri is able to elevate his play to that level.....the day we hear a Kadri chant, I'll be getting tears with a chill down my spine. It's been so long since we've had a good player. The last player to give me that chill was Sundin. The night Kadri scored that hatty, the chill came back. I have a really good feeling about him.

Old
03-20-2013, 09:54 PM
The Blue Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by notdoneyet View Post
first of year frattin plays with kadri and frattin scores a lot of goals now frattin
plays with grabovski and he disappears

macarthur stars with grabovski first of year and does not score, then he gets on a line with kadri and goes on a hot scoring streak, now with lupul back macarthur goes back with grabovski and gets cold again
kulemin plays with grabovski and gets no points or chances, now he plays with kadri and he is back to the kulemin we know and love
lupul comes back from injury and goes on a tear playing with kadri

can anyone see a pattern here?

time for grabovski to disappear?
Frattin hasn't been good since coming back. Grabo also wasn't the reason for his turnovers or blind offensive plays.

Old
03-20-2013, 09:55 PM
Flowzak
I saw, I conquered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Blue Devil View Post
Frattin hasn't been good since coming back. Grabo also wasn't the reason for his turnovers or blind offensive plays.
Agreed, clearly lost a step. Hopefully he'll get back to that form. However, you have to admit that Kadri definitely jump started that and now that he's not playing with him, he probably won't keep up that kind of production.

Old
03-20-2013, 09:55 PM
Interactif

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Blue Devil View Post
It's never Grabo's fault, -10 on the season says otherwise. He's been trying very hard to prove me right this year, he's been downright awful.

Old
03-20-2013, 09:56 PM
Lebanese Leaf

The dream is now tied for 13th in the league in scoring. He has the lowest TOI/G out of anyone in the top 30.

Old
03-20-2013, 09:57 PM
Nazem Gretzky
Eller 4 Selke

Send a message via AIM to Nazem Gretzky
4 games against the Rangers and Bruins in the remaining 18. I predict that if we get 4 points out of those games, that we make the playoffs.

Old
03-20-2013, 09:58 PM
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazem Gretzky View Post
4 games against the Rangers and Bruins in the remaining 18. I predict that if we get 4 points out of those games, that we make the playoffs.
Have to beat the Rags in both games

Old
03-20-2013, 09:59 PM
Tonka
Diggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilou View Post
Wonder which ass hat put this on the suns front page years back. Eating your words mother effers.

Mark ZUCKERBERG...and yes he is an ass hat.

Old
p.l.f.
mvp

true
it sure seemed like it

1. lupul kadri kulemin
2. jvr bozak kessel
3. mac grab frattin

Old
Nazem Gretzky
Eller 4 Selke

Send a message via AIM to Nazem Gretzky
Quote:
The dream is now tied for 13th in the league in scoring. He has the lowest TOI/G out of anyone in the top 30.
From a fellow long time Kadri supporter to another...Feels good man.

He could be, just could be the next big thing in Toronto. My fingers are crossed. The kid has

1. The skill
2. The confidence
3. The determination/drive

That will enable him to succeed, imo. I have never seen a Leafs player where all 3 are as evident as with Nazem Kadri. Phil Kessel has 1, but sometimes not 2 or 3. Phaneuf is hit and miss. I feel like Kadri has all 3 firing almost every time he plays.

Old
03-20-2013, 10:00 PM
MiniMoose

Quote:
Actually Chris Stewart has the lowest by 10 seconds. Get your facts right son

Old
03-20-2013, 10:01 PM
leafs1habs0
Burn the Boats

This game will mean little unless he can follow it up with a strong performance against a weak Buffalo team tomorrow night.

Not sure why we have so much trouble winning in their barn, especially when there are almost as many Leaf fans in the stands as Sabres fans.

Time to bear down and get those much needed 2 pts.

Old
03-20-2013, 10:02 PM
MiniMoose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonka View Post
Mark ZUCKERBERG...and yes he is an ass hat.
Dude who made Facebook? That *******

Old
03-20-2013, 10:02 PM
Duffman955

Notes on tonight:

-Kadri has unreal vision and playmaking ability. He has strengthened his body quite a bit and is able to play very physical for a guy his size.

-Lupul is a very good all round player who plays with an edge and brings in leadership

-Kulemin's defense, board work and shot, compliment kadri-Lupul very well

-kessel line looked decent

-PK is boss

-Phaneuf looks real good, but Gunnar is still not up to par defensively

-Gardiner+Liles transition game is fantastic, Gards was also quite physical and good defensively

-Reimer was alright. Not great, not bad.

-Franson+Fraser pairing almost playing top4 minutes

-Grabo brings everyone down... I don't know what happened to him. Wouldn't mind him being traded for Bolland or something like that.

Closed Thread