HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bolts @ Leafs - March 20 - hail to our leader, kadri. thunder speaks

Closed Thread

Old
03-20-2013, 10:22 PM
Mindrust
TradeKessel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
I bet he's getting ready to put Kadri with Kessel soon. That is going to be something else..do we even need a LW on that line?
Yes, because Kessel doesn't play hockey... and I hope they're never paired together.

Old
03-20-2013, 10:23 PM
Flowzak
I saw, I conquered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepatient View Post
As much as I like Lupul with Kadri, I think we need to get Lupul back with Kessel. Kadri has been awesome all season, no matter who he is playing with. It seems like the only time anything happens is when he is on. Putting Lupul with Kessel will give us two lines that can bring excitement
Despite JVR kind of cooling down, he and Kessel have some good chemistry going on. I think it'll be soon that they start producing again. Better to have 2 great scoring lines than 1.

Old
03-20-2013, 10:24 PM
LeafShark

Now we just need The Colborne!

Old
Duffman955

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Berezin View Post
Anyone have a .gif of Kessel hitting Carle?

That, alone, made my night.
It was a beauty, nearly scored right after too.

Another good one was kadri on conachar

Old
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
lupul-kadri-kessel would be lethal.. but doubt it happens

Old
03-20-2013, 10:25 PM
Pi

vCash: 50
Kadri+Kessel will be one of the best duo's in the league IMO..

If you want to balance the scoring...put Kulemin on Kadri's line, switch him to LW.

It's amazing how good Kulemin looks when he's not playing with Grabovski.

Grabo has turned into a puck hog this season...he does the Ovechkin circle skate and then shoots a low percentage shot.

Kulemin has sniped a goal in two straight games. You know he has the shot and vision to snipe goals...

Old
03-20-2013, 10:26 PM
The Mentalist
2016 Clayton Keller

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafShark View Post
Now we just need The Colborne!
Yep, #FreeJoeColborne

Mac and Frattin will suddenly look good again with a new Center.

Old
03-20-2013, 10:27 PM
thepatient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowzak View Post
Despite JVR kind of cooling down, he and Kessel have some good chemistry going on. I think it'll be soon that they start producing again. Better to have 2 great scoring lines than 1.
I agree, but Kessel's line never seems to bring much to the table. There is never any sustained pressure, I never seem to be on the edge of my seat. Kadri's line brings that every game (just about), whether its been with Lupul, MacArthur or Frattin is line seems to shine. I think putting Lupul back with Phil will give us 2 solid lines. Maybe do Lupul - Bozak - Kessel, JVR - Kadri - Kulemin, Mac - Grabo - Frattin, or switch Mac with JVR

Old
03-20-2013, 10:28 PM
Pi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
Yep, #FreeJoeColborne

Mac and Frattin will suddenly look good again with a new Center.
Doesn't Carlyle love those big centres?

I hope he can get Colborne to go more into the dirty areas...Colborne can be a #2 guy and perfectly compliment Kadri.

2 "homegrown" centres.

Old
03-20-2013, 10:29 PM
Koolboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadasTeam View Post
Do you mean a high-five like this?

This made my night better
Cant stop laughing

Old
03-20-2013, 10:33 PM
ryno23

Quote:
I can't wait to see Kadri in the playoffs.

If you ever watched London in the playoffs, you would know how ****ing clutch he is. He outshone Tavares in the playoffs and had 27 points in 12 games.

I love how people STILL put a cap on this guys potential.

First...let him make the NHL, he could be a top six guy or bust.
Then...he'll be a good 3rd liner..needs to get slim though. FAT LOL
Then...he'll be a good #2C.
Now he's proving to be a PPG player that is responsible defensively.

Face it guys. After 1-2 more years...the Leafs won't be looking for a #1C because they already have one.
I grew up playing with and against another guy who they doubted he would make it

Wait till he plays midget too small, wait till junior too small, oh too small to pay AHL oh now really too small to pay NHL. He won a mem cup in the soo, Calder in Albany and now has played 1000 games in the NHL

His name Steve Sullivan and kadri has similar skills and road to the show

Old
03-20-2013, 10:33 PM
TheLeastOfTheBunch

Quote:
Kadri+Kessel will be one of the best duo's in the league IMO..

If you want to balance the scoring...put Kulemin on Kadri's line, switch him to LW.

It's amazing how good Kulemin looks when he's not playing with Grabovski.

Grabo has turned into a puck hog this season...he does the Ovechkin circle skate and then shoots a low percentage shot.

Kulemin has sniped a goal in two straight games. You know he has the shot and vision to snipe goals...
Lovin' the fact that our top 6 is dynamic and highly skilled. Need an upgrade over Bozak, but so far, JVR-Bozak-Kessel is the 6th most productive NHL line. Perhaps the Kadri-Lupul duo eventually takes the pressure off of Kessel, so much so that Phil starts to see less of guys like Chara every shift

Old
03-20-2013, 10:38 PM
Pi

Quote:
“I knew I could provide this type of offence and it was just a matter of when," Kadri said. "I worked my butt off the last three years to put myself in this position and I know for a fact a lot of people didn’t think I could do it which made me push even harder.”
That's vintage Tom Brady when he came into the NFL. People thought he was a one year fluke...and he worked his butt off to prove how good he is...and now he's arguably the greatest QB to play the game.

I love how Kadri is putting journalists all over Toronto to shame.

Mirtle said Kadri would be a 45 point guy not too long ago

The Sun sucks, The Star can suck it, and all the Brayden Schenn fans here can take this to the bank: Kadri is BETTER.

I'm glad we picked 7th instead of 5th.

Old
03-20-2013, 10:38 PM
Leafswillrulesometim

I also think that Lupul should go back on Kessel's line... Let's not forget here guys that Lupul and Kessel were both PPG players last year and even with Bozak centering them they were still a great offensive threat...

I would really like to see them put JVR on Kadri's wing, I have no doubt in my mind that Kadri would get him back scoring goals like crazy...

Old
03-20-2013, 10:39 PM
The Mentalist
2016 Clayton Keller

Quote:
Doesn't Carlyle love those big centres?

I hope he can get Colborne to go more into the dirty areas...Colborne can be a #2 guy and perfectly compliment Kadri.

2 "homegrown" centres.
I was really stoked when Kule was praticing with Kadri and Lupul. I did say try Kule on that line when Lupul came back. Really good line with all the right elements to be a top line.

The same people who will probably say Colborne isn't ready said Kadri wasn't ready or never scored 51 points in the NHL, I remember a poster from Windsor saying that to me, when I suggested Kadri should be the #2 C this year, because you have to play him in that role to get the best out of him.

Joe is ready, he has been for awhile, the act he has to follow is not much to improve on, he has chemistry with Frattin and he gives us a new dimension at C, a big bodied guy up the middle.

It may happen if Grabo continues to tank it out this season, we are where we are with zero contributions from him this year, Joe Colborne is a RC guy, he and Frattin can give us a boost. Mac can be the vet presence on this line. Another potentially good line. Want to see it, cuz I want playoffs.

Need that 3rd line. If not it's going to be tough.

Old
03-20-2013, 10:39 PM
Mikeyg
Best in the World

Grabro on the powerplay is disgusting. that is all. otherwise great game!

Old
03-20-2013, 10:40 PM
LeafShark

Quote:
That's vintage Tom Brady when he came into the NFL. People thought he was a one year fluke...and he worked his butt off to prove how good he is...and now he's arguably the greatest QB to play the game.

I think he meant 45 points this season. I mean not even a point per game!

Old
03-20-2013, 10:40 PM
ryanwb

Quote:
Grabo has turned into a puck hog this season...
I'd say Grabo has been a puck hog for a good while longer than that. He has his flashes where he makes some nice plays, but he's definitely a guy who wants to have the puck on his stick.

Old
03-20-2013, 10:41 PM
Aplayaz2000

am sorry but the Leafs have great players
thanks Burkie

Kessel
Lupul
Kadri
Gardiner
JVR
Phaneuf

and plenty of cool prospects too

Old
03-20-2013, 10:43 PM
FlareKnight

vCash: 100
Quote:

The Sun sucks, The Star can suck it, and all the Brayden Schenn fans here can take this to the bank: Kadri is BETTER.

There's no doubt he's proving plenty of people wrong and I say props to him. Can remember plenty of articles or podcasts from the media talking about what Kadri wouldn't be able to be at this level and that expectations had to be lowered to just a decent NHLer. He's been making a statement all year and it's fun to see.

In the end glad the Leafs drafted that guy who I hadn't really heard of going into the draft. (Though to be fair wasn't big on the draft that year anyways).

Old
03-20-2013, 10:45 PM
Kessely Snipes
Great White North

Hopefully this was the game the leafs needed to get back on track.

Old
03-20-2013, 10:45 PM
Pi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanwb View Post
I'd say Grabo has been a puck hog for a good while longer than that. He has his flashes where he makes some nice plays, but he's definitely a guy who wants to have the puck on his stick.
He's just trying too hard...he needs to just relax and distribute the puck more.

His move is as predictable as Ovechkin/Kessel coming down the wing and shooting top shelf...those guys have the talent and can do it over and over again.

Grabovski just gets the puck on his stick, goes for a lap, and then just loses the puck or shoots from a terrible angle.

That line is good for one thing only: Cycling the puck.

Look how MacArthur and Frattin don't even get scoring chances anymore...when they played with Kadri, they looked a LOT better.

Old
03-20-2013, 10:47 PM
Snip Genos
GO LEAFS GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryno23 View Post
I grew up playing with and against another guy who they doubted he would make it

Wait till he plays midget too small, wait till junior too small, oh too small to pay AHL oh now really too small to pay NHL. He won a mem cup in the soo, Calder in Albany and now has played 1000 games in the NHL

His name Steve Sullivan and kadri has similar skills and road to the show
Are you from Timmins too?

Old
03-20-2013, 10:48 PM
The Mentalist
2016 Clayton Keller

Quote:
He's just trying too hard...he needs to just relax and distribute the puck more.

His move is as predictable as Ovechkin/Kessel coming down the wing and shooting top shelf...those guys have the talent and can do it over and over again.

Grabovski just gets the puck on his stick, goes for a lap, and then just loses the puck or shoots from a terrible angle.

That line is good for one thing only: Cycling the puck.

Look how MacArthur and Frattin don't even get scoring chances anymore...when they played with Kadri, they looked a LOT better.
Grabo would be a better playmaker if he put a blindfold on, that's how inferior his ice vision is to Kadri's.

Old
03-20-2013, 10:51 PM
Flowzak
I saw, I conquered.

Quote:

Sure Kadri's been great, but let's not discount Brayden Schenn yet. He was the top prospect for a while for a reason. But yeah, atm, Kadri > Schenn

Closed Thread