HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cruise Control Burns the Hawks

Closed Thread

Old
03-20-2013, 11:54 PM
ObeyMashinter

vCash: 500
Caller whining about bolland right now on WGN post game. Glad we are not the only ones seeing this madness.

Old
03-20-2013, 11:55 PM
Sojourn
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
I'd just like to say I'm looking forward to the next game between your boys and Anaheim. They make for entertaining games. I'll leave you guys alone now.

Old
cherrypik

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph0226 View Post
Bolland's been a non-factor much of the season.
He's been terrible for at least he last 20 games. Definitely not a 2nd line center. Very tradeable in the offseason.

Ducks don't scare me. They just use their crappy ice by tossing pucks in the zone and on net for a bounce. Hiller was on his knees way too early a lot.

Old
zac

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanny View Post
But Bollands D allows Kane to.... Don't give a **** about that. A corpse on Kane's line would be piling points up now. Orlando/Keith/Seabs need to get their head out of their *****. I am guessing a wife swap went bad for Keith and Seabs. That is why they are playing poorly.
Keith was excellent out there tonight and I'm the guy who thinks his play this year, at least proclaimed by some, was vastly overrated. But until he can completely, and I mean completely overhaul his shot and work on his stickhandling ability, he needs to shoot and handle the puck as few times as possible. He either makes all the wrong moves or he fails at all the right ones. Either way he shouldn't be on the PP and shouldn't shoot the puck at all. It's embarrassing.

Old
03-20-2013, 11:56 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObeyBollig View Post
Caller whining about bolland right now on WGN post game. Glad we are not the only ones seeing this madness.
Get off the phone MM. Unbelievable. That guy.

Old
03-20-2013, 11:56 PM
Cullksinikers

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
So that means they were going through the motions? No. It means they ****ed up a couple times. It happens. Anaheim's a good team.
Not the whole time, but there could have been better persistence and awareness on a couple plays. They got burned twice.

Old
03-20-2013, 11:57 PM
ralph0226

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrypik View Post
He's been terrible for at least he last 20 games. Definitely not a 2nd line center. Very tradeable in the offseason.

Ducks don't scare me. They just use their crappy ice by tossing pucks in the zone and on net for a bounce. Hiller was on his knees way too early a lot.
Bolland maybe tradeable before the deadline. Seabrook has also been pretty infective much of the season.

Old
03-20-2013, 11:58 PM
zac

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
So that means they were going through the motions? No. It means they ****ed up a couple times. It happens. Anaheim's a good team.
This.

I'm more disappointed with the play of Bolland and to a greater extent Oduya and Seabrook. All things considered, especially impact on the game, I thought Oduya killed us and put us in a lot of bad positions. Keith and especially Hammer were having to do everything in the d zone.

Old
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
Not the whole time, but there could have been better persistence and awareness on a couple plays. They got burned twice.
How many ways are you going to say they ****ed up a couple times? We've established that they had a really bad minute in the third period. It happens. Again, that does not mean they were "going through the motions" or in a "shell".

Old
EmeticDonut

The loss stings since it was just one bad minute in the last five that decided it. But in the larger scheme it just one regulation loss among the two others. Not a big deal, let the Ducks deal with the stupid hype the media has burdened the Hawks with.

And what's with the ire for Carcillo, he had a whooping 3 shifts the whole game, hardly worth getting upset over. Why even dress him if he's not going to play? Why not have someone that will play more than two and a half minutes and perhaps take some of the extra minutes that Kane was forced to play. Sometimes I don't really get Q.

Old
03-20-2013, 11:59 PM
zac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
I'd just like to say I'm looking forward to the next game between your boys and Anaheim. They make for entertaining games. I'll leave you guys alone now.
It was entertaining. Both teams showed they can take it to the other when one doesn't have their foot on the gas.

Old
LarmerSavardSecord

Stupid title. If anything the hawks were playing too aggressively in the last 5. If Shaw had just gone for a change at the end of his shift instead of chasing the puck deep - and then having to change on the fly poorly - their 2nd goal rush would not have happened. And if Saad had simply chipped the puck instead of trying to make something happen, their 3rd goal wouldn't not have happened.

It wasn't Kane's night, -4 and missing an open net that his hands usually slam home. And the Hawks miss Hossa, Sharp and Bolland.

Old
helicon1

I'm not sure what's going on with Seabrookk this year. Slow and tentative are one thing, but his body language just screams "doesn't give a ****". Or at the very least that he's just out of it. Reoccuring concussion issues? It's just odd.

Otherwise I don't read too much into this game. A handful of awful individual plays combined with some bad luck = loss. It happens.

Old
Bring Back GLR
Commit to the Indian

Listening to the post game show is hilarious right now. Judd Serod just argues with everyone. caller is right Bolland is not a Very productive second line centre. He's a skilled guy but he's not good enough.

Old
Chris Hansen
VERSTEEG REDEMPTION

Eh, still need a second line center. Bolland is most effective on a shutdown third line - one of the very best at it.

Liked the effort tonight, things didn't go the Hawks' way and bounces weren't so good. Kand and Toews both missed open nets. It happens. Played a very even game with a great Anaheim team, missing one more all-star than they were. Tough loss, move on to the next one.

Old
03-21-2013, 12:00 AM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarmerSavardSecord View Post
Stupid title. If anything the hawks were playing too aggressively in the last 5. If Shaw had just gone for a change at the end of his shift instead of chasing the puck deep - and then having to change on the fly poorly - their 2nd goal rush would not have happened. And if Saad had simply chipped the puck instead of trying to make something happen, their 3rd goal wouldn't not have happened.

It wasn't Kane's night, -4 and missing an open net that his hands usually slam home. And the Hawks miss Hossa, Sharp and Bolland.
I thought Kane was pretty good tonight. Nothing he could really do about being on the ice for all 4 goals though.

Old
03-21-2013, 12:02 AM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

vCash: 695
Disappointing end to an otherwise good game.

Old
03-21-2013, 12:05 AM
CS85
Tell 'em, Mean Gene!

Send a message via AIM to CS85
This roster is still half baked. With Hossa/Sharp out there's nothing underneath whatsoever. Bollig needs to be dispatched to dig holes in Siberia, Mayers/Carcillo waived, and many bullets bitten.

Anaheim is a far more complete team and it showed.

Old
03-21-2013, 12:06 AM
Atomic Punk
Mean Streets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring Back GLR View Post
Listening to the post game show is hilarious right now. Judd Serod just argues with everyone. caller is right Bolland is not a Very productive second line centre. He's a skilled guy but he's not good enough.
Judd has Bollie nads on his chin I swear.

Old
03-21-2013, 12:06 AM
Bring Back GLR
Commit to the Indian

This is a really hard loss to take. We were taking it to em fairly good and then we just died in a span of a minute.

Old
03-21-2013, 12:07 AM
Penosity

Rookie mistake by Saad was the difference.
He turned it over at his own blue line to Getzlaf and Selanne.

And that was the difference in the game. These things happen. Leddy must've given away 8 games by himself last year.

Old
03-21-2013, 12:08 AM
ObeyMashinter

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanny View Post
Judd has Bollie nads on his chin I swear.
Agreed. What a shill. Is he on the team payroll or does he just not have a clue.

Old
03-21-2013, 12:09 AM
zac

Quote:
Originally Posted by CS85 View Post
This roster is still half baked. With Hossa/Sharp out there's nothing underneath whatsoever. Bollig needs to be dispatched to dig holes in Siberia, Mayers/Carcillo waived, and many bullets bitten.

Anaheim is a far more complete team and it showed.
Far??? Nah, I don't think that's true.

I think they use their roster a little bit better and more wisely than we do. Bollig can do okay against lesser teams, but against teams like this he's a waste. Brookbank shouldn't have seen the ice, and Q should have Carcillo play 4th line if he was going to play at all. As it was we completely misused our roster and it really hurt us out there. Wasn't the sole reason why we lost but it sure as hell didn't help.

Old
03-21-2013, 12:10 AM
Cullksinikers

They'll keep Bolland since he's always ready for a good playoff run.

Old
03-21-2013, 12:14 AM
zac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penosity View Post
Rookie mistake by Saad was the difference.
He turned it over at his own blue line to Getzlaf and Selanne.

And that was the difference in the game. These things happen. Leddy must've given away 8 games by himself last year.
I thought the bigger issue was Oduya whiffing on a clear, which ultimately led to the Saad turnover. As a defenseman one of your biggest responsibilities late in the game is to effectively clear the zone. He didn't and it lead to the game winner. Oduya was whiffing on pucks all night long.

He's also the guy who was soft on the puck when Ryan carried it up for the shot. If you watched the guys that were effective: Keith, Hammer, and Leddy they were hounding the puck all night long. Oduya didn't and it lead to an unecessary shot which led to the rebound/tying goal.

Oduya was easily the biggest culprit for this loss. Not even close IMO.

Closed Thread