HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > The Lounge
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Lounge "...Where the parking lot of the Igloo meets the concourse of the Nassau County Coliseum and the bathroom line of the Skyreach..." - Wickedbsfan

My cousins dog died today

Old
03-20-2013, 11:54 PM
ottawa
go habs go

vCash: 69
My cousins dog died today

My cousin is doing a one year training at 4 locations (3 months each location) so its rough moving around and making friends over and over again so he bought a puppy 3 months ago and brought it to our house. Our road isn't that big and there were two cars parked on the street almost across each other, leaving little space in between them, so cars have to slow down going in between them. Well some idiot was going around 50km/hour and drove right in between when our dog sneaked into the road and my cousin put out his arm to warn the driver. The driver ran over the puppy and died within seconds (a bad death but I'll leave the details out) and on top of that the car hit my cousins hand when he was warning the driver to slow down . He stopped at the corner of the road before driving off! My cousin was so devastated and he leaves for Iqualit tomorrow at 9am and all this happened tonight. What a d-bag driver, I'm so angry

It's scary to think there are maniacs out there driving, that don't have the balls to own up to things like this. I hope karma gets him good one day and he gets caught for his careless driving and is off the roads until he learns his lesson. I'm not even sure if he would have stopped if he had hit my cousin instead either .

03-21-2013, 12:02 AM
DRWCountryClub

vCash: 500
That's terrible and tragic when a pet dies like that.

I'm not sure why a puppy was off leash by a road though.

DRWCountryClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 12:25 AM
Bruv
to here knows when

That's awful.. you need to find that driver

Bruv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 12:32 AM
Janks
Pope Janks

vCash: 50
That's awful. Sorry to hear that

Janks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 12:36 AM
ottawa
go habs go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forty View Post
That's terrible and tragic when a pet dies like that.

I'm not sure why a puppy was off leash by a road though.
Yah you're completely right, we all realize its the dog owners fault (we obviously didn't tell him straight to his face but we hinted it out) and he knows it too, he should have been more careful. We're just all shocked at how fast the driver was going in a scenario like that and mostly because he didn't stop in a situation where he killed an animal and almost hurt a human being, that's just wrong on many levels. Our neighborhood is one of the ones that houses the most kids in our city so I hope he's the only one that drives like that, I live between two houses that are daycares too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cudi View Post
That's awful.. you need to find that driver
Yah, as I just mentioned in my first reply, we live between two daycares so both our neighbhours will be on the lookout for the car and they're both protective of their kids (as they should be) so its always worrisome to have someone like that driving on our streets. We live in a neighbhourhood where people usually come to raise families so we have a lot of kids here,as annoying as I find kids are, finding that driver would be ideal not only for my cousin and his dog but also for the many kids (from the daycares) I see everyday on either side of my house almost everyday...last thing you want is another similar accident like that to occur.

ottawa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 01:19 AM
Ek het lief Woef
woof woof woof

vCash: 128
So sorry to hear that. It's never easy to lose a pet.

Ek het lief Woef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 07:29 AM
southpaw24

That sucks man, I know I would straight up lose my **** if my dogs died other than naturally....

My buddy had something similar happen except he lives in the country. They have a German shepard and his brother had a mutt that he had picked up from the pound. One day they were at the other house on their property that is close to the road (the road maybe sees 15-20 vehichles go down it a day) there are some kids that live a ways down the road that like driving their atvs and dirtbikes on the road and one of them ended up hitting the dog and killing it. They didnt bother to stop but it wasnt hard to figure out what happened.

southpaw24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 08:29 AM
beowulf
Not a nice guy.

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Is this the case?

Ontario Provincial Police are looking for the driver of a vehicle that struck a woman and her dog while they were walking in Arnprior over the weekend.

It happened on Saturday afternoon. The woman and her dog were waiting for a walk signal at the southeast corner of Daniel Street and Baskin Drive at noon, according to Upper Ottawa Valley OPP.

At the same time, a white mid-size vehicle was stopped at the light, waiting to turn right onto Baskin Drive.

When the light turned green and the walk signal appeared, the woman and the dog started to cross the street.

They were hit by the vehicle turning right.

The woman suffered only minor injuries but the dog was seriously hurt and later died at a veterinary clinic, OPP said.

The man driving the vehicle stopped at first, then left the scene before police arrived without giving the woman any information.

Crime Stoppers Pembroke/Renfrew County believe someone may have information that could help police to find the driver, and they're asked to call 613-735-8477 (TIPS) or 1-800-222-8477.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 10:47 AM
seafoam
Nielsen, Frans

vCash: 50
Rip.

seafoam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 07:50 PM
Stanley Foobrick
Clockwork Blue

Were both cars legally parked?

Stanley Foobrick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 09:33 PM
Novacane

That's rough. Sorry to hear this. I would be absolutely devastated.

Novacane is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 09:39 PM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

When my dad was just a boy, he wanted a German Shepherd. He had a stuffed German Shepherd toy, big fan of the race and of dogs in general. His dad got him his first dog, a German Shepherd he named Rex. He trained his German Shepherd for weeks-

He went to the neighbors house across the street and being young and proud of his dog-training accomplishments, he was eager to show off to his buddy what he taught his dog. He called over his dog. His dog came running. My dad hadn't checked both ways. Saw his dog get hit. Knew it was his fault, he called the dog. True story.

Point of the story: Owner's fault. Carelessness.

Beaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 12:40 AM
ottawa
go habs go

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
Is this the case?

Ontario Provincial Police are looking for the driver of a vehicle that struck a woman and her dog while they were walking in Arnprior over the weekend.

It happened on Saturday afternoon. The woman and her dog were waiting for a walk signal at the southeast corner of Daniel Street and Baskin Drive at noon, according to Upper Ottawa Valley OPP.

At the same time, a white mid-size vehicle was stopped at the light, waiting to turn right onto Baskin Drive.

When the light turned green and the walk signal appeared, the woman and the dog started to cross the street.

They were hit by the vehicle turning right.

The woman suffered only minor injuries but the dog was seriously hurt and later died at a veterinary clinic, OPP said.

The man driving the vehicle stopped at first, then left the scene before police arrived without giving the woman any information.

Crime Stoppers Pembroke/Renfrew County believe someone may have information that could help police to find the driver, and they're asked to call 613-735-8477 (TIPS) or 1-800-222-8477.
I heard about that, very unfortunate but no I live in the east end (near millennium in Orleans). I hope the driver gets caught, it's pathetic how people can't bother to stop to see if they've hurt someone because of their own mistake, simply because they think the consequences they might suffer are worth more than a persons or pets life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue'sClues View Post
Were both cars legally parked?
Nope, one was parked the other one was stopped in front of the mailbox area, it is a standing zone so nothing illegal. The two ladies in the car tried chasing down the car that hit the dog and my cousin too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by southpaw24 View Post
That sucks man, I know I would straight up lose my **** if my dogs died other than naturally....

My buddy had something similar happen except he lives in the country. They have a German shepard and his brother had a mutt that he had picked up from the pound. One day they were at the other house on their property that is close to the road (the road maybe sees 15-20 vehichles go down it a day) there are some kids that live a ways down the road that like driving their atvs and dirtbikes on the road and one of them ended up hitting the dog and killing it. They didnt bother to stop but it wasnt hard to figure out what happened.
So unfortunate, it must really suck randomly going outside only to find your pet on the ground motionless/dead. I really hope those kids got in trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
When my dad was just a boy, he wanted a German Shepherd. He had a stuffed German Shepherd toy, big fan of the race and of dogs in general. His dad got him his first dog, a German Shepherd he named Rex. He trained his German Shepherd for weeks-

He went to the neighbors house across the street and being young and proud of his dog-training accomplishments, he was eager to show off to his buddy what he taught his dog. He called over his dog. His dog came running. My dad hadn't checked both ways. Saw his dog get hit. Knew it was his fault, he called the dog. True story.

Point of the story: Owner's fault. Carelessness.
Yah I mentioned that in my first reply, tragic story though sorry to hear that.

ottawa is online now   Reply With Quote