HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All-inclusive Bud Holloway Love/Hate Fest

Closed Thread

Old
06-16-2013, 06:48 PM
KingCanadain1976

vCash: 500
Can someone tell me what hes making over there? is it really worth him coming here if he can be sent down to mancheaster I dont see him signing a two way deal. I only see him signing here if its double what hes makeing there and he can stay in la for the year garenteed

Old
06-16-2013, 06:53 PM
funky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
I wonder if a sign and trade is a possibility. A lot of teams can use help on their top six and would like to inquire about him but there's no deal until he's signed. We obviously could use the pick too or even to sweeten any JB deal we might make.
I was thinking this as well. They may not be the greatest sweetners in a trade but the rights to Bud and Scuds could be the tipping point if added to sweeten a Bernier trade.

Old
06-16-2013, 06:58 PM
GrindNMuck

Who cares about this guy, Why is everyone commenting on this... The more attention you give to/about the person the more they will do it.

The guy is playing in sweden, who cares let the guy go. If he wants to come back to the NHL or AHL he will.

Old
06-16-2013, 07:11 PM
Brad Doty
\_(ツ)_/

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrindNMuck View Post
Who cares about this guy, Why is everyone commenting on this... The more attention you give to/about the person the more they will do it.

The guy is playing in sweden, who cares let the guy go. If he wants to come back to the NHL or AHL he will.
What a random comment

He's a Kings property player who would benefit the team. But why chase any free agents, I guess...your philosophy intrigues me!

Old
06-16-2013, 07:18 PM
funky

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN14 View Post
What a random comment

He's a Kings property player who would benefit the team. But why chase any free agents, I guess...your philosophy intrigues me!
This ^

It's asset management

Old
06-16-2013, 07:29 PM
GrindNMuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN14 View Post
What a random comment

Don't get me wrong, he's a good player but why is everyone up this guy's .... B*t

Old
06-16-2013, 07:32 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Quote:
Don't get me:-) wrong, he's a good player but why is everyone up this guy's .... B*t
Because it's an amazing place to be.
Realistically, he's a potential top 6 left Winger, I don't know if you know this but Dwight King doesn't cut it not even Penner. So we might actually need to replace those amazing players.

Old
06-16-2013, 07:40 PM
GrindNMuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
Because it's an amazing place to be.
Realistically, he's a potential top 6 left Winger, I don't know if you know this but Dwight King doesn't cut it not even Penner. So we might actually need to replace those amazing players.
The guy will be a 3rd/4th liner. Just because he tore it up in Sweden doesn't mean he will do amazing in the show.

Old
06-16-2013, 07:51 PM
ZJames

Quote:
The guy will be a 3rd/4th liner. Just because he tore it up in Sweden doesn't mean he will do amazing in the show.
You make a valid point. As there have been plenty of players who were great in Sweden, but did not make an impact in the NHL. But then at the same time there have been impact players in Sweden who have been able to make an impact at the NHL level.

The big thing right now is that he POTENTIALLY fills a gap in our line-up. And with the way the salary cap is going to be next year he could be a big help if he pans out.

Old
06-16-2013, 07:56 PM
KingLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
I wonder if a sign and trade is a possibility. A lot of teams can use help on their top six and would like to inquire about him but there's no deal until he's signed. We obviously could use the pick too or even to sweeten any JB deal we might make.
Your advocating the Kings sign a guy, that is weeks from Free Agency. Then trade him...

?

Cause if you thought the Kings couldn't get good FA's before...

Quote:
Kings don't need an amazing player. They need someone that can plug in next to Richards and Carter and not look lost or disinterested. 40 pts would really be great.

Old
06-16-2013, 08:02 PM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

Quote:
Nobody knows what he'll be until he actually plays. But, he's a guy who has top 6 skill and he has produced at every level he's played. Remember he was also the top point producer in Manchester. He's also stepped up his game in the playoffs. I believe he holds playoff records in both the SEL and AHL.

He could potential be a major contributor on the team. That's why the interest is so high.

Old
06-16-2013, 09:46 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
I disagree. Bud was a top scorer in the AHL and a gritty solid one at that prior to going over the SEL and setting scoring record.

There are tons of players in the NHL who came from the SEL who are star players that couldn't do what Bud has done over there.

He has top 6 O skills and is a solid two way player. That doesn't mean that he would automatically be a great NHLer but I would say that his chances are better then average and much better than the average player coming over from the SEL.

He may indeed end up as a 2nd/3rd line player but if he switches leagues with anywhere near the same manner that he has in every other league he has moved from then Bud could be a very very good player.

There is nothing in Buds past history that says anything else. He has improved at every level he has played in and there isn't any reason to automatically believe that he can't do the same in the NHL.

Old
GrindNMuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJames View Post
You make a valid point. As there have been plenty of players who were great in Sweden, but did not make an impact in the NHL. But then at the same time there have been impact players in Sweden who have been able to make an impact at the NHL level.

The big thing right now is that he POTENTIALLY fills a gap in our line-up. And with the way the salary cap is going to be next year he could be a big help if he pans out.
They already have a strong forward group as of right now, but if they lose Penner, they will need this guy but the real question is can he put up number? As of his stats in the Sweden league it looks good. But i cant see him putting up 30-40 points. He can maybe put up 15 points but that will help a lot if they lose penner

Old
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTKingsFan View Post
Nobody knows what he'll be until he actually plays. But, he's a guy who has top 6 skill and he has produced at every level he's played. Remember he was also the top point producer in Manchester. He's also stepped up his game in the playoffs. I believe he holds playoff records in both the SEL and AHL.

He could potential be a major contributor on the team. That's why the interest is so high.
I should have read your post before posting my own. You are bang on.

Old
06-16-2013, 09:53 PM
Basilisk

Could Holloway be a Chris Drury type? I keep thinking that it's possible....

Old
06-16-2013, 11:19 PM
FrozenKing18
Goongala.

Whoa.

Old
06-16-2013, 11:43 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
Spoken by someone who hasn't seen him play. Bud definitely could end up as a 3rd liner but he will be a pretty damn good one if he does, and that fills one of two major holes for us. At best, he's a 2nd liner for us with Richards and Carter, which ALSO fills a major hole for us. I'm going to guess you're just going off what you read from that idiot Barry who think he's a "Richardson replacement"...which is so wrong. The reason people want to talk so much about it is because it helps the team and very very few people saw him ever coming back.

Old
06-16-2013, 11:51 PM
Fishhead

I always thought the biggest barrier to Bud signing with the Kings would be that DL would consider the bridge burned and not even dialogue with his agent. Since they are talking, I really don't see what would prevent him from signing, outside of a ridiculous contract demand. It's a super low risk move with potentially great rewards. Unless Bud is looking for money that is obviously out of his range, his signing in no way would prevent the Kings from signing other free agents or getting a higher salaried player in a trade.

Old
06-16-2013, 11:54 PM
HYORI 1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Hope he isn't asking for $2.5 million or something of the like. The Kings view him more as a replacement for Richardson than a replacement for Penner. Obviously that could change fast, but I would bet that is how DL is approaching the situation.
I'm actually thinking and hoping as a more of a replacement for King. I see Bud as a tweener, but I think he'll mostly play the 3rd line with the kings with some looks on the 2nd line.

Old
06-17-2013, 12:04 AM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by nki View Post
I doubt the Kings would contact Holloway if they were offering a two-way contract. And I doubt Holloway views the Kings any different than any other 29 teams aside from the fact that they own his rights.

Sounds to me more like if he doesn't get the deal he likes he will stay in Sweden. And that's understandable to me, seems like the view is the Kings are just the middle man between Sweden and open NHL market (which includes them).
That's fine with me. He can rot his whole career away over there as far as I am concerned.

06-17-2013, 12:46 AM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
That's fine with me. He can rot his whole career away over there as far as I am concerned.
That helps nobody out.

It prevents Holloway from making more money and living his dream in the NHL and it leaves the Kings with stiffs like King and Clifford in important spots in the lineup.

Lose, Lose situation.

Old
06-17-2013, 01:19 AM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
That helps nobody out.

It prevents Holloway from making more money and living his dream in the NHL and it leaves the Kings with stiffs like King and Clifford in important spots in the lineup.

Lose, Lose situation.
Holloway can talk to any NHL team he likes after July 5th, He is a rule Five UFA.

Holloway is not going to be out in the cold, he will make plenty of money...

His family is not going to starve, his kids won't have to go to state school like the rest of us stiffs....

Holloway holds all the cards in this deal, he does not have to play for the Kings this year to make the NHL.

Nether side is going to do anything rash or stupid, both sides know the score and where they stand.

Last edited by damacles1156: 06-17-2013 at 01:25 AM.
Old
06-17-2013, 01:58 AM
markisonfire

Are people really that ******** about Holloway? He felt that he wasn't treated well when the Kings left him in Manchester and wanted to ensure that he could make some money. He had great years in Sweden arguably playing against better competition than in the AHL. If he's ready to come back and Lombardi is willing to listen, this guy could seriously help us on the second or third line.

I'm baffled that anyone wouldn't want someone on this team that would help the team excel.

Brown - Kopitar - Williams
Holloway - Richards - Carter
Lewis - Stoll - Toffoli

That's a killer top nine.

Old
06-17-2013, 02:04 AM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by markisonfire View Post
Are people really that ******** about Holloway? He felt that he wasn't treated well when the Kings left him in Manchester and wanted to ensure that he could make some money. He had great years in Sweden arguably playing against better competition than in the AHL. If he's ready to come back and Lombardi is willing to listen, this guy could seriously help us on the second or third line.

I'm baffled that anyone wouldn't want someone on this team that would help the team excel.

Brown - Kopitar - Williams
Holloway - Richards - Carter
Lewis - Stoll - Toffoli

That's a killer top nine.
Someone agrees with my top 9?! Holy ****.

And yeah...that's an awesome group.

Old
06-17-2013, 02:52 AM
markisonfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
Someone agrees with my top 9?! Holy ****.

And yeah...that's an awesome group.
You can swap Toffoli and Holloway, but either way, yes. That's an impressive group.

Closed Thread