HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All-inclusive Bud Holloway Love/Hate Fest

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-02-2013, 04:01 PM
  #676
Brad Doty
Moderator
Compliance Hero
 
Brad Doty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: I.E.
Country: United States
Posts: 11,269
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by santiclaws View Post
We're probably nowhere close to the depth of discussion which took place regarding the great Scott Parse.
That's more of a commentary on how bad we've been at LW for like...forever.

Brad Doty is online now  
Old
07-02-2013, 04:33 PM
  #677
damacles1156
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 12,981
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DP View Post
It's my guess that DL did not offer a one way contract. I can see their side, have him come in a win a spot. Makes sense.
I doubt it, Two way contracts are more for ELC players.

Bud is a Rule Five UFA. No team is going to offer the guy a two way contract. Bud wouldn't sign one, everyone knows that. So no one would offer one.

It probably has more to do with Term and Money. Bud can get more on the open market.

The most the Kings could sign him for (if scuds re ups) is 900k.

Bud could get 1.5 to 2m (possible) on the market, I would wait till July 5th as well if I was him.

damacles1156 is offline  
Old
07-02-2013, 04:49 PM
  #678
tsanuri
Registered User
 
tsanuri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Grants Pass OR
Country: United States
Posts: 2,333
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
I doubt it, Two way contracts are more for ELC players.

Bud is a Rule Five UFA. No team is going to offer the guy a two way contract. Bud wouldn't sign one, everyone knows that. So no one would offer one.

It probably has more to do with Term and Money. Bud can get more on the open market.

The most the Kings could sign him for (if scuds re ups) is 900k.

Bud could get 1.5 to 2m (possible) on the market, I would wait till July 5th as well if I was him.
I agree about the two way contract.
What scares me is that you are probably right about what he might get on the open market. An unproven NHL prospect, which is still what he is. He hasn't played a game and some team might give him that type of money. And then the owner will scream all over about how player salaries are out of control. And they are the ones making them that way. He needs to agree to a one year deal for right at or under 1M. Prove himself and then he will get a raise.

tsanuri is offline  
Old
07-02-2013, 05:11 PM
  #679
Herby
Culture Changer
 
Herby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 15,348
vCash: 500
Why would he sign a one year deal for 1m when three days later he can get more money and more security. To many idiots like Torres in the league to risk a career threatening injury.

He needs to look out for what's best for him, not what's best for the Kings.

Herby is offline  
Old
07-02-2013, 05:19 PM
  #680
tsanuri
Registered User
 
tsanuri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Grants Pass OR
Country: United States
Posts: 2,333
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
Why would he sign a one year deal for 1m when three days later he can get more money and more security. To many idiots like Torres in the league to risk a career threatening injury.

He needs to look out for what's best for him, not what's best for the Kings.
I should have said all he should be offered is 1M or just under. I know he must look out for his interests. And have no problem with that.
But I have no doubt someone will offer him more.

tsanuri is offline  
Old
07-02-2013, 07:08 PM
  #681
Ollie Weeks
Registered User
 
Ollie Weeks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sioux Lookout, NWO
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,174
vCash: 500
I think we would be able to offer/match just about anything he'd find around the league. If Mitchell were healthy once more, and Scuderi walks, (our ideal scenario at this point) 3ish million is more than enough to bring somebody like him on board short term. Damien Bruenner style.

Ollie Weeks is online now  
Old
07-02-2013, 07:45 PM
  #682
Fishhead
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 2,142
vCash: 500
Very few guys who put up points in the SEL do anything close to similar in the NHL. The names you recognize on their top scorer tables are players who didn't stick in the NHL or went to the SEL later in their careers. There are a few exceptions, but overall it's not even close to a useful gauge of NHL success.

If I am DL, I offer 900K-1M, 2 years, on a two-way contract. Two-way's are not uncommon for guys who are in their mid-20's who haven't established themselves. If he wants a one way deal, it's for substantially less than that.

I'm sure Bud would turn that down and look elsewhere, and he should evaluate his options. I'm sure he realizes that if nothing better is out there, the Kings, along with most other teams, are going to be filling up their rosters quickly come UFA time. He can always go back to the SHL, which he seems to really like, but if he doesn't sign in the NHL this year his chances of ever landing a spot are going to diminish rapidly. T

Not every player has that "NHL at all costs" mentality, he's just one of them. No fault to him whatsoever.

Fishhead is offline  
Old
07-02-2013, 08:34 PM
  #683
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: staples center
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 16,404
vCash: 500
Can we get some real Holloway update? This sucks

KingKopitar11* is offline  
Old
07-02-2013, 09:00 PM
  #684
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 31,953
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
Can we get some real Holloway update? This sucks
Here's your update: there is no update. Holloway will be free to sign wherever he wants. He'll probably get a one-way offer from non-playoff teams. No contending team is going to try to guarantee anything to him.

Ziggy Stardust is offline  
Old
07-02-2013, 09:20 PM
  #685
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry
 
Rorschach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 6,670
vCash: 500
I bet Calgary or Dallas signs him.

Rorschach is online now  
Old
07-02-2013, 09:38 PM
  #686
CNS
A World Alone
 
CNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 10,305
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
I bet Calgary or Dallas signs him.
Flyers offer him an 8 year, $32M offer.

CNS is offline  
Old
07-02-2013, 09:58 PM
  #687
markisonfire
Registered User
 
markisonfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 3,723
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
Flyers offer him an 8 year, $32M offer.
And he wins the Rocket Richard trophy next to Lecavalier.

markisonfire is offline  
Old
07-03-2013, 05:23 AM
  #688
HolyShot*
Sniper
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Glendale, CA
Posts: 2,015
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by santiclaws View Post
We're probably nowhere close to the depth of discussion which took place regarding the great Scott Parse.
Too bad we didn't give him a longer look. DL didn't have the patience for him.

HolyShot* is offline  
Old
07-03-2013, 05:28 AM
  #689
HolyShot*
Sniper
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Glendale, CA
Posts: 2,015
vCash: 500
Call me crazy, but I think he just might be our answer on 1st line LW.

HolyShot* is offline  
Old
07-03-2013, 06:02 AM
  #690
agentfouser
Playoffs?!?!
 
agentfouser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Ireland
Posts: 2,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman47 View Post
Too bad we didn't give him a longer look. DL didn't have the patience for him.
He couldn't stay healthy. Parse had some skill, no doubt, but the guy couldn't keep his body together long enough to win a full-time spot on a scoring line.

agentfouser is offline  
Old
07-03-2013, 06:27 AM
  #691
JohanYlinen
Registered User
 
JohanYlinen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Skellefteć, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 9
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BallPointHammer View Post
^^^
Interesting with all the soda and ice cream in the frig.

And the breath-analyzer (sp.?) thingy for driving the car? What am I missing?

Based on the YouTube comments he seems to be well liked and accepted in his home away from home.
Skellefteć AIK had an incident a few years back when a player (Chad Hinz) got busted for DUI, after that all players have cars with breath analyzers built-in. It's quite common here in sweden, especially in company/goverment vehicles.

JohanYlinen is offline  
Old
07-03-2013, 06:35 AM
  #692
Trolfoli
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,463
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie Weeks View Post
I think we would be able to offer/match just about anything he'd find around the league. If Mitchell were healthy once more, and Scuderi walks, (our ideal scenario at this point) 3ish million is more than enough to bring somebody like him on board short term. Damien Bruenner style.
Why would you throw 3 million at this guy instead of throwing 3 million at like McArthur on the UFA?

Trolfoli is offline  
Old
07-03-2013, 08:34 AM
  #693
Evgeny Oliker
Registered User
 
Evgeny Oliker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 3,424
vCash: 500
Since as of 12:01am teams can agree in principle on a deal with UFAs, I'm thinking we may find out about Holloway sooner than we think. If he did decide to sign with another NHL team, we should know soon. If so , good for him. I think LA has again not shown him much respect in these negotiations.

Evgeny Oliker is online now  
Old
07-03-2013, 09:40 AM
  #694
Ollie Weeks
Registered User
 
Ollie Weeks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sioux Lookout, NWO
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,174
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino 350 View Post
Why would you throw 3 million at this guy instead of throwing 3 million at like McArthur on the UFA?
Never said I would throw 3 million at him. Just making a point that that's how much we have.

Ollie Weeks is online now  
Old
07-03-2013, 09:40 AM
  #695
damacles1156
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 12,981
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evgeny Oliker View Post
Since as of 12:01am teams can agree in principle on a deal with UFAs, I'm thinking we may find out about Holloway sooner than we think. If he did decide to sign with another NHL team, we should know soon. If so , good for him. I think LA has again not shown him much respect in these negotiations.
Didn't deserve any from my point of view.

But that is just my opinion. The Kings are a Cup contender, Bud is a prospect in their eyes still.

damacles1156 is offline  
Old
07-03-2013, 09:41 AM
  #696
Ollie Weeks
Registered User
 
Ollie Weeks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sioux Lookout, NWO
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,174
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evgeny Oliker View Post
Since as of 12:01am teams can agree in principle on a deal with UFAs, I'm thinking we may find out about Holloway sooner than we think. If he did decide to sign with another NHL team, we should know soon. If so , good for him. I think LA has again not shown him much respect in these negotiations.
What exactly is he owed?

Ollie Weeks is online now  
Old
07-03-2013, 10:45 AM
  #697
Evgeny Oliker
Registered User
 
Evgeny Oliker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 3,424
vCash: 500
...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie Weeks View Post
What exactly is he owed?
He had 2 excellent seasons in the AHL and I do believe he deserved at least 1 call-up during that time. Much lesser prospects than him got call-ups during that time.

If he does sign with another NHL team, I think you will be surprised by how little money he gets...I doubt he is asking for a lot here.

Evgeny Oliker is online now  
Old
07-03-2013, 11:25 AM
  #698
Fat Elvis
Registered User
 
Fat Elvis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: The Money Pit
Country: United States
Posts: 5,307
vCash: 500
I have Holloway fatigue. Don't care anymore

Fat Elvis is offline  
Old
07-03-2013, 11:37 AM
  #699
BallPointHammer
Franchise Enforcer
 
BallPointHammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Maryland, USA
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 807
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohanYlinen View Post
Skellefteć AIK had an incident a few years back when a player (Chad Hinz) got busted for DUI, after that all players have cars with breath analyzers built-in. It's quite common here in sweden, especially in company/goverment vehicles.
Thanks for the information.

BallPointHammer is offline  
Old
07-03-2013, 12:24 PM
  #700
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh
 
tigermask48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: R'Lyeh, Antarctica
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 2,930
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DP View Post
I have Holloway fatigue. Don't care anymore
Yep, same here. A part of me really wants to repost the same comments I made in probably page ~6 of this thread in regards to this

Quote:
He had 2 excellent seasons in the AHL and I do believe he deserved at least 1 call-up during that time. Much lesser prospects than him got call-ups during that time.
But it just isn't worth it to keep rehashing the same stupid things over and over again. I literally just don't care about any of this any more. Just aint worth talking about at this point.

tigermask48 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:57 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.