HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All-inclusive Bud Holloway Love/Hate Fest

Closed Thread

Old
07-12-2013, 07:42 PM
KingCanadain1976

vCash: 500
I have nothing against Bud but I'm going to say I hope he doesn't sign with us. We could maybe use him this year (althou id rather see clifford or pearson on the 3rd lw spot) but we have at least 3 russian lw coming in a year or two. What happens when they get here and we have to kick bud to the cruve so to speak. I think its better for the team ( also cheaper probley) if they just let one of king pearson clifford win the job in camp.

Old
07-12-2013, 07:48 PM
DontgoZiggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
I have nothing against Bud but I'm going to say I hope he doesn't sign with us. We could maybe use him this year (althou id rather see clifford or pearson on the 3rd lw spot) but we have at least 3 russian lw coming in a year or two. What happens when they get here and we have to kick bud to the cruve so to speak. I think its better for the team ( also cheaper probley) if they just let one of king pearson clifford win the job in camp.
I'd rather they had competition. If Holloway signs and cant fight off the russian rookie invasion, you trade him for something.

Old
07-12-2013, 07:48 PM
lafan

[QUOTE=Evgeny Oliker;69146577]I think there is still a chance that Holloway signs in LA.

Looks like Lombardi was trying hard to re-sign Penner and only now realized it won't happen(could have told him that!).

They have about $5 mill (if you assume Ellerby goes to Minors) for 4 forwards. So Clifford+Lewis is at least $2 combined. That leaves you with $3 mill for 2 forwards...the 2 can be Holloway and Nolan or Holloway and a young guy (like Pearson) if they decide not to keep Nolan. So you can still fit Holloway at around $1 - $1.5.[/QUOT
I can tell you that Holloways asking price is far less than a million.

Old
07-12-2013, 08:00 PM
Raccoon Jesus
Offense Like Girardi

Quote:
Well, if that were true, then we'd have an asset to trade instead of losing him for nothing, right? Lot of hypotheticals there, though.

Old
07-12-2013, 08:00 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontgoZiggy View Post
I'd rather they had competition. If Holloway signs and cant fight off the russian rookie invasion, you trade him for something.
I think pearson clifford andy brown and king is alot of competition personally opps forgot frattin as well

Last edited by KingCanadain1976: 07-12-2013 at 08:07 PM. Reason: forgot frattin
Old
07-12-2013, 08:03 PM
markisonfire

FORWARDS
Dustin Brown ($3.175m) / Anze Kopitar ($6.800m) / Justin Williams ($3.650m)
Bud Holloway ($1.500m) / Mike Richards ($5.750m) / Jeff Carter ($5.273m)
Matt Frattin ($0.488m) / Jarret Stoll ($3.250m) / Tyler Toffoli ($0.870m)
Kyle Clifford ($1.000m) / Colin Fraser ($0.825m) / Trevor Lewis ($1.000m)
Dwight King ($0.750m) / Jordan Nolan ($0.578m) /

DEFENSEMEN
Drew Doughty ($7.000m) / Slava Voynov ($4.167m)
Willie Mitchell ($3.500m) / Robyn Regehr ($3.000m)
Matt Greene ($2.950m) / Jake Muzzin ($1.000m)
Jeff Schultz ($0.700m) /

GOALTENDERS
Jonathan Quick ($5.800m)
Ben Scrivens ($0.550m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $64,151,894; BONUSES: $135,000
CAP SPACE (24-man roster): $283,106

Old
07-12-2013, 08:05 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN14 View Post
Well, if that were true, then we'd have an asset to trade instead of losing him for nothing, right? Lot of hypotheticals there, though.
well your going to have to trust ur farm system eventually and personally imo i think pearson is as good as bud but that only my opinion. I'd rather see a kid get a decent shot at the nhl rather then end in the same spot as bud and oscar etc leaving the team for nothing. If Tanner can make the team and hold his own he can have the same or more trade value being younger then bud. Also at least u would have a year of experience cause ur going to want some veterns on the left side when the russians come in.

Old
07-12-2013, 08:20 PM
kingsfan
Yes my liege!

Quote:
Why does Bud get automatically beat out by three russian wingers, two of which have never played a NA pro game in their lives and the other has only 8 games in the AHL and likely not to be returning here until 2015?

Don't you think performance on the ice should dictate who is kicked to the curb?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafan View Post
I can tell you that Holloways asking price is far less than a million.
Define "far less than a million"

Quote:
Originally Posted by markisonfire View Post
FORWARDS
Dustin Brown ($3.175m) / Anze Kopitar ($6.800m) / Justin Williams ($3.650m)
Bud Holloway ($1.500m) / Mike Richards ($5.750m) / Jeff Carter ($5.273m)
Matt Frattin ($0.488m) / Jarret Stoll ($3.250m) / Tyler Toffoli ($0.870m)
Kyle Clifford ($1.000m) / Colin Fraser ($0.825m) / Trevor Lewis ($1.000m)
Dwight King ($0.750m) / Jordan Nolan ($0.578m) /

DEFENSEMEN
Drew Doughty ($7.000m) / Slava Voynov ($4.167m)
Willie Mitchell ($3.500m) / Robyn Regehr ($3.000m)
Matt Greene ($2.950m) / Jake Muzzin ($1.000m)
Jeff Schultz ($0.700m) /

GOALTENDERS
Jonathan Quick ($5.800m)
Ben Scrivens ($0.550m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $64,151,894; BONUSES: $135,000
CAP SPACE (24-man roster): $283,106
Why does Bud get 2nd line wing ahead of Toffoli and Frattin?

Old
07-12-2013, 08:28 PM
markisonfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
I thought it was established that Toffoli plays right wing? I have Frattin on the third because he would be a good third liner. It doesn't really matter, though.

Old
07-12-2013, 08:30 PM
KingKopitar11*

**** it guys, Im going in Left Wing. Im going in hot. Put me on coach IM ready.

Old
07-12-2013, 08:32 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Why does Bud get automatically beat out by three russian wingers, two of which have never played a NA pro game in their lives and the other has only 8 games in the AHL and likely not to be returning here until 2015?

Don't you think performance on the ice should dictate who is kicked to the curb?

The talent level of the 3 russian to me are greater then bud. You also have brown frattin clifford and pearson and king I don't honestly see him beating out pearson brown and frattin and hes doesnt seem like he would be bottom 6 type. I supose frattin or brown could go rw but i don't see it with williams carter and toffolli there. Then zykov porkins and kytisn please we have to many lw wings now. We need to play the ones we have. Pearson played one playoff game to me that means sutter and dean trust him enuff to play He will make the kings lineup this year, Imo no need for bud

Old
07-12-2013, 08:48 PM
lafan

Quote:

between 700 and 800

Old
07-12-2013, 09:11 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Why won't this thread just go away? I keep clicking when I see a new post expecting to see a decision one way or the other but it's just another handful of posts rehashing the same stupid arguments that have been beaten to death for about ~20 pages now...

Reading previous pages. Do you mother****ers do it? Please try!

Old
07-12-2013, 09:14 PM
Reclamation Project
Why don't you just..

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
**** it guys, Im going in Left Wing. Im going in hot. Put me on coach IM ready.
All hail hfboards #1 prospect!

Old
07-12-2013, 09:18 PM
KingCanadain1976

Another reason for pearson over Bud he has chemistry already with toffolli. No need to spend more money at all. Only possible reason i can think of to have bud over tanner is if bud signs for less money then him but to me i dont see bud coming here for less then 1 million one way contract.

Old
07-12-2013, 09:36 PM
KingKopitar11*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reclamation Project View Post
All hail hfboards #1 prospect!
6'2 210 with a good shot and speed!

Old
07-12-2013, 09:44 PM
Evgeny Oliker

vCash: 674

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafan View Post
between 700 and 800

how do you know this?

Old
07-12-2013, 09:48 PM
HYORI 1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
Why won't this thread just go away? I keep clicking when I see a new post expecting to see a decision one way or the other but it's just another handful of posts rehashing the same stupid arguments that have been beaten to death for about ~20 pages now...

I'm sure if there had been a decision made, you'd see a change in the thread title.

Old
07-12-2013, 09:51 PM
kingsfan
Yes my liege!

Quote:
Originally Posted by markisonfire View Post
I thought it was established that Toffoli plays right wing? I have Frattin on the third because he would be a good third liner. It doesn't really matter, though.
I think Carter is fairly comfortable at all three positions, and I'd think a line of Carter-Richards-Toffoli would be tried, though I think Williams will do better than Toffoli on that line. I could see Toffoli up with Kopi and Brown actually.

Quote:
The talent level of the 3 russian to me are greater then bud. You also have brown frattin clifford and pearson and king I don't honestly see him beating out pearson brown and frattin and hes doesnt seem like he would be bottom 6 type. I supose frattin or brown could go rw but i don't see it with williams carter and toffolli there. Then zykov porkins and kytisn please we have to many lw wings now. We need to play the ones we have. Pearson played one playoff game to me that means sutter and dean trust him enuff to play He will make the kings lineup this year, Imo no need for bud
By the time all three Russians reach the NHL (if they do) is likely 2016-2017, assuming Porkins plays one AHL season after coming over after his contract expires in 2015. So you're talking four years from now for all three Russians to make the line up. The odds that all of Frattin, Clifford, Pearson, King, Williams, Carter, Toffoli, Zykov, Porkins and Kitsyn are still in the system is quite slim and most likely won't happen. Bud's (arguably) ready now, big difference than Porkins whose ready four seasons down the line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post

We do.

You do realize every signing gets its own thread labeled in big bright red letters saying "Confirmed Signing with Link"? If the only reason you are coming in here is to wait for a signing, you're wasting your time because you'll see that thread first almost guaranteed.

Old
07-12-2013, 09:59 PM
Reclamation Project
Why don't you just..

Quote:
6'2 210 with a good shot and speed!
Would look good next to Richie!

Old
07-12-2013, 10:00 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
I think Carter is fairly comfortable at all three positions, and I'd think a line of Carter-Richards-Toffoli would be tried, though I think Williams will do better than Toffoli on that line. I could see Toffoli up with Kopi and Brown actually.

By the time all three Russians reach the NHL (if they do) is likely 2016-2017, assuming Porkins plays one AHL season after coming over after his contract expires in 2015. So you're talking four years from now for all three Russians to make the line up. The odds that all of Frattin, Clifford, Pearson, King, Williams, Carter, Toffoli, Zykov, Porkins and Kitsyn are still in the system is quite slim and most likely won't happen. Bud's (arguably) ready now, big difference than Porkins whose ready four seasons down the line.

We do.

You do realize every signing gets its own thread labeled in big bright red letters saying "Confirmed Signing with Link"? If the only reason you are coming in here is to wait for a signing, you're wasting your time because you'll see that thread first almost guaranteed.
I do agree it will take a while for them to all reach the nhl.Right now it comes down to have pearson or bud. To me they had simlar numbers in the ahl. Bud went away to sweden after some time in the ahl where tanner played his year in the ahl. Tanner is also signed already with chemistry with toffolli as they played on the same line in the ahl. He is also younger. I think hes a better risk to try play him at worse we try and get someone later at the deadline. We need to play our rookies to get some value out of them. This was not done and lost Hickey Lokti etc for next to nothing. We have to start getting them at least a reasonable cup of coffee.

Old
07-12-2013, 10:30 PM
KingKopitar11*

Quote:
Would look good next to Richie!
Yes I think so! But where are you gonna slot? You are top 3 talent, I cant see you not making the cut man.

Old
07-12-2013, 10:34 PM
Reclamation Project
Why don't you just..

Quote:
Yes I think so! But where are you gonna slot? You are top 3 talent, I cant see you not making the cut man.
I'll be the team's blonde inspector. Only the classiest ladies make the cut.

Old
07-12-2013, 10:52 PM
KingKopitar11*

Quote:
I'll be the team's blonde inspector. Only the classiest ladies make the cut.
Ah yes, classy. Very good.

Old
07-13-2013, 12:19 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

I have to say I love the idea of our finally having some truly solid prospects battling it out for a spot on the team.

Sign Bud and let him compete with Pearson Frattin King and Clifford this year and try to keep around next year if he shows anything and let him compete against whoever is left over and Kitsyn for a spot.

I think Bud would earn a spot and do pretty well but if not signing him won't be a bad thing. If we don't that is fine too but we can't have too many talented kids competing for a spot imo.

Closed Thread