HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All-inclusive Bud Holloway Love/Hate Fest

Closed Thread

Old
07-13-2013, 10:30 PM
kingsfan
Yes my liege!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
I would be willing to bet that Bud is either signed by us (doubtful but outside possibility) or he is gone from the Kings. That much I would bet quite a bit on.
One more day to find out.

Or is it two days? Does his SHL contract kick in on July 15th, or is July 15th the last day he has to sign in NHL before the contract kick in in the SEL?

Old
07-13-2013, 10:30 PM
TruKingFan
Two-Time Cup Winner

I think Bud's finding out that there really wasn't much interest in him with the rest of the league and that his only remaining options are to sign with the Kings or go back to Sweden. Ooops...save face or the NHL dream. Tough choice.

Old
07-13-2013, 10:32 PM
kingsfan
Yes my liege!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruKingFan View Post
I think Bud's finding out that there really wasn't much interest in him with the rest of the league and that his only remaining options are to sign with the Kings or go back to Sweden. Ooops...save face or the NHL dream. Tough choice.
Or maybe there's plenty of interest, just none guaranteeing as much as the SHL will? The lack of a contract doesn't mean doom and gloom for Bud.

Old
07-14-2013, 12:34 AM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
The only way to guarantee he stays in the NHL all season long is with a No Movement Clause, and if he thinks some team is going to give him one without having played a single NHL game then he's likely also dumb enough to buy ocean front property in Manitoba.

He may get a one-way deal (meaning he gets paid his full salary whether in the minors or NHL) but he won't get a NMC.
Sorry I guess i didnt make myself clear. I ment he wouldnt be sent to the ahl again there no way he would come back here with that as a chance imo. Im sure he wouldnt mind being traded giving him a better shot at a full time job,To him being in sweden would ve alot better then going back to the ahl.

Old
07-14-2013, 12:41 AM
KingsFirstCup

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
Sorry I guess i didnt make myself clear. I ment he wouldnt be sent to the ahl again there no way he would come back here with that as a chance imo. Im sure he wouldnt mind being traded giving him a better shot at a full time job,To him being in sweden would ve alot better then going back to the ahl.
I doubt a team would ever guarantee that to a player. If Holloway signed with the Kings and then went on to produce 5 points in his first 40 games I doubt Lombardi would handcuff Sutter like that and not send him down just because Holloway doesn't want to go. If he doesn't report to the AHL after getting sent down, oh well.

Old
07-14-2013, 12:45 AM
TruKingFan
Two-Time Cup Winner

Quote:
Or maybe there's plenty of interest, just none guaranteeing as much as the SHL will? The lack of a contract doesn't mean doom and gloom for Bud.
Who said anything about doom and gloom?

If there was plenty of interest and Bud's priority is to make it in the NHL( according to some around here), what's the point of having a crutch that is the SEL? You're implying that there's plenty of interest in him in the NHL - I would assume it'd be MORE than what the Kings are offering, yes?

So if what you're saying is true, then Bud's motivation is money first and NHL second. And I think many people have already said as much.

Old
07-14-2013, 12:53 AM
HolyShot*

Lombardi used him as an insurance plan in case we didn't get a LW. Now that we got frattin, lombardi probably wanted to sign him for cheap on a 2 way. No other team is willing to outbid the SEL.

Old
07-14-2013, 05:51 AM
JohanYlinen

Quote:

So if what you're saying is true, then Bud's motivation is money first and NHL second. And I think many people have already said as much.
Bud has turned down offerings with alot of money from the KHL so I don't think you're correct there, I think he wants to play his best hockey and have fun, he did 3 years in AHL without getting a shot in NHL, now he's in the SHL and don't wanna take a step backwards.

Old
07-14-2013, 06:12 AM
Trolfoli

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohanYlinen View Post
Bud has turned down offerings with alot of money from the KHL so I don't think you're correct there, I think he wants to play his best hockey and have fun, he did 3 years in AHL without getting a shot in NHL, now he's in the SHL and don't wanna take a step backwards.
I have the felling Bud is looking for KHL money from the NHL... Filling out the Kings roster from where it stands there is about 1.2 Million left... So unless he is looking at 1M then he can go back to where ever he came from... also if he does come to play for the Kings he should be offered a minimum 2-3 year deal. Don't need someone to play on a 1 year deal to up his value and cash out UFA (not that Bud would ever split on the Kings)... I would rather the experience go to one of the other LW's the Kings have.

Bud's timing on this is terrible.. next year with the cap going up the Kings could probably offer him more, but there isn't a lot of space left.

So the deadline is 5pm Sweden time or something? at around 8 hours ahead that's around 9 hours till this thread ends? Forgot what day it was it may actually be 1 a whole day before this thread ends... now I'm truly depressed...

Last edited by Trolfoli: 07-14-2013 at 06:20 AM.
Old
07-14-2013, 08:45 AM
Evgeny Oliker

vCash: 674
Most SEL contracts have an NHL out clause so I doubt there is an actual deadline. I believe in one of the interviews with Bud he said he has an NHL out clause.

Old
07-14-2013, 08:48 AM
BigBrown
Fly at eleven.

vCash: 1250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evgeny Oliker View Post
Most SEL contracts have an NHL out clause so I doubt there is an actual deadline. I believe in one of the interviews with Bud he said he has an NHL out clause.
I could be wrong but I think the out clause is what's allowing him to have this window until July 15th in the first place.

Old
07-14-2013, 09:13 AM
Peter James Bond

I think New Jersey should sign him. Bud would be their 4th or 5th best forward, on their current roster.

Old
07-14-2013, 09:27 AM
lafan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evgeny Oliker View Post
The dead line is the 15 of july midnight not sure if its there time or ours and Bud is not asking anywere near what he was offered to play in the KHL. Sure hope they can get something done.

Old
07-14-2013, 12:26 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter James Bond View Post
I think New Jersey should sign him. Bud would be their 4th or 5th best forward, on their current roster.
Probably a low risk signing for Lou, and the Debbies probably could use the help on LW.

Holloway would likely get an opportunity to let his skill show on that team.

Old
07-14-2013, 12:45 PM
kingsfan
Yes my liege!

Quote:
Who said anything about doom and gloom?

If there was plenty of interest and Bud's priority is to make it in the NHL( according to some around here), what's the point of having a crutch that is the SEL? You're implying that there's plenty of interest in him in the NHL - I would assume it'd be MORE than what the Kings are offering, yes?

The doom and gloom comment was in reference to you claiming Bud would have to "save face" or take less than he wants on an NHL deal.

I however am not implying anything. There might be zero interest in Bud, You and I know absolutely nothing about the process. All I'm saying is that a lack of a contract doesn't mean Bud has to save face. He could simply be guaranteed more money in Sweden than what he's being offered in the NHL. That does not mean that Bud is just money first, NHL second. He could simply be worrying about securing his financial future, which is the primary goal of almost all players in his situation. It doesn't mean he doesn't want to play in the NHL really bad, but he also doesn't have $10 million in the bank like some other NHL players. He has a responsibility to secure his future, just like we all do who aren't millionaires.

I'd kill to play in the NHL. But if I had a chance to play in the SHL for say $600,000, or in the NHL on a two-way deal that guaranteed me only $100,000, I'm off to the SHL. I can't pass up that much financial security just to pursue my dream, even though it's a huge dream of mine. I could get injured, my career be over, and then what? I'm out $500,000 and have life long concerns over my future.

It's not about being money over NHL, it's about being practical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino 350 View Post
So the deadline is 5pm Sweden time or something? at around 8 hours ahead that's around 9 hours till this thread ends? Forgot what day it was it may actually be 1 a whole day before this thread ends... now I'm truly depressed...
This thread will never end.

Ever.

It's the Hotel California of threads. You can never leave.

Old
07-14-2013, 03:08 PM
TruKingFan
Two-Time Cup Winner

Quote:
The doom and gloom comment was in reference to you claiming Bud would have to "save face" or take less than he wants on an NHL deal.

I however am not implying anything. There might be zero interest in Bud, You and I know absolutely nothing about the process. All I'm saying is that a lack of a contract doesn't mean Bud has to save face. He could simply be guaranteed more money in Sweden than what he's being offered in the NHL. That does not mean that Bud is just money first, NHL second. He could simply be worrying about securing his financial future, which is the primary goal of almost all players in his situation. It doesn't mean he doesn't want to play in the NHL really bad, but he also doesn't have $10 million in the bank like some other NHL players. He has a responsibility to secure his future, just like we all do who aren't millionaires.

I'd kill to play in the NHL. But if I had a chance to play in the SHL for say $600,000, or in the NHL on a two-way deal that guaranteed me only $100,000, I'm off to the SHL. I can't pass up that much financial security just to pursue my dream, even though it's a huge dream of mine. I could get injured, my career be over, and then what? I'm out $500,000 and have life long concerns over my future.

It's not about being money over NHL, it's about being practical.
Well....practical or not, the fact is if an NHL team already offered what he thinks is ENOUGH for him to get a chance to play in the NHL, he'd have signed by now.

What sort of money would it take for you to choose the NHL over the SEL in your own example? $400K? $500K? $800K? At some point, you'd have to choose your dream - if indeed that dream is important to you. But if you'd rather take the money, great! Just don't say that playing in the NHL is most important thing in your life when clearly it isn't.

Old
07-14-2013, 03:09 PM
TruKingFan
Two-Time Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Probably a low risk signing for Lou, and the Debbies probably could use the help on LW.

Holloway would likely get an opportunity to let his skill show on that team.
But you know, the money has to be enough to justify not playing in the SEL where he's a star. Bud don't care if he never plays in the NHL if the money is not there.

Old
07-14-2013, 03:12 PM
TruKingFan
Two-Time Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohanYlinen View Post
But the fact is, he won't sign for anything less than perhaps what the SEL can pay him for him to play in the NHL. Plus, if it turns out he's not good enough to be in the NHL (with whatever team), he wants to go running back to the SEL without consequence. WTF is that?

Old
07-14-2013, 03:17 PM
KingKopitar11*

Isn't it time to lock up this thread. The deadline is almost reached.

Old
07-14-2013, 03:27 PM
drugold
drunk, goals&swagger

vCash: 50
Butt Holiday - 2 1/2 seasons in the AHL, lickedy split

Slava "molten lava" Voynov - 3 1/2 AHL

Some guys deserve to be in the NHL. This guy obviously thinks it is his right. I understand he has a family and its his decision but I have to speculate Internet hardcore that as a good Franchise we are better off without this drama.

Old
07-14-2013, 03:55 PM
Reclamation Project
Still Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by drugold View Post
Butt Holiday - 2 1/2 seasons in the AHL, lickedy split

Slava "molten lava" Voynov - 3 1/2 AHL

Some guys deserve to be in the NHL. This guy obviously thinks it is his right. I understand he has a family and its his decision but I have to speculate Internet hardcore that as a good Franchise we are better off without this drama.
Dead ****ing on.

Old
07-14-2013, 04:11 PM
Raccoon Jesus
8 More Years!

Kinda just wondering...who is his agent?

Old
07-14-2013, 04:16 PM
likid

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
Isn't it time to lock up this thread. The deadline is almost reached.
If deadline is 15. july, this in Europe usually mean till midnight between 15th and 16th. And deadline never end on Sunday. If deadline date is on Sunday, then it will be moved for one day on Monday.

So you'll wait another 24 hours...

Old
07-14-2013, 04:33 PM
Albi

Send a message via MSN to Albi
Here in Europe, 20 minutes to midnight.
Probably Bud is turning into a lycan as I'm typing this...

Old
07-14-2013, 04:36 PM
Basilisk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albi View Post
Here in Europe, 20 minutes to midnight.
Probably Bud is turning into a lycan as I'm typing this...
LoL!

Closed Thread