HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Florida interested in Teravainen?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-24-2013, 09:50 AM
  #1
Martini*
Gods Team
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,786
vCash: 500
Florida interested in Teravainen?

Looks like my guy JJ heard what I heard last night about Mueller coming to the Hawks;

FLORIDA

A source out of Canada told me yesterday that former Hawk GM Dale Tallon has his sights set on the jewel of the Hawk talent pipeline, 2012 #1 pick, Teuvo Teravainen.

Tallon has allegedly offered RW Peter Mueller and C Drew Shore to the Hawks. My personal feeling is the Hawks will pass on this specific offer.


If that is the case, and all the Hawks give up is TT and some filler, then by all means, do it, Stan. That's an awful lot for a smaller prospect tho. But that size is just what the Hawks need, imo.

Come on Stan, come on, boy. Get this one done asap.


Last edited by Habsfan18: 03-24-2013 at 09:57 AM. Reason: Thread title
Martini* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 09:55 AM
  #2
Flyerfan47
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 787
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini View Post
Looks like my guy JJ heard what I heard last night about Mueller coming to the Hawks;

FLORIDA

A source out of Canada told me yesterday that former Hawk GM Dale Tallon has his sights set on the jewel of the Hawk talent pipeline, 2012 #1 pick, Teuvo Teravainen.

Tallon has allegedly offered RW Peter Mueller and C Drew Shore to the Hawks. My personal feeling is the Hawks will pass on this specific offer.


If that is the case, and all the Hawks give up is TT and some filler, then by all means, do it, Stan. That's an awful lot for a smaller prospect tho. But that size is just what the Hawks need, imo.

Come on Stan, come on, boy. Get this one done asap.
You must be joking with this post!

Flyerfan47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 09:57 AM
  #3
IceManCat
A New Era
 
IceManCat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Miami
Country: United States
Posts: 2,083
vCash: 500
I can assure you this will not happen..Mueller may be on the way out, no way Shore goes anywhere

IceManCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 09:58 AM
  #4
cyris
On a Soma Holiday
 
cyris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 3rd Planet From Sun.
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,331
vCash: 500
Are you really getting this excited about a hockey buzz rumor?

cyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 09:59 AM
  #5
nhlfan9191
Registered User
 
nhlfan9191's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Saskatoon, Sk
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,504
vCash: 500
We wouldn't trade Shore for TT straight up. Let alone with Mueller added.

nhlfan9191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 10:02 AM
  #6
Martini*
Gods Team
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,786
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceManCat View Post
I can assure you this will not happen..Mueller may be on the way out, no way Shore goes anywhere
Hey, from the basis of the rumor, the Panthers are getting the guy ten GM's passed up on in last years draft. Clearly a future top six player. A miniature Patrick Kane!

I hope this is true. JJ has been quoted a lot in this forum as of late. That should mean something, surely.

Martini* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 10:04 AM
  #7
Martini*
Gods Team
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,786
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlfan9191 View Post
We wouldn't trade Shore for TT straight up. Let alone with Mueller added.
Hey, just quoting the honest, diligent JJ here. If he reported that Tallon offered that, who am I not to believe it?

Maybe Kyle Beach is all that's needed to push this lump out........

Martini* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 10:06 AM
  #8
1972
"Craigs on it"
 
1972's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,928
vCash: 500
I can't see why FLA does this, Shore looks to be a huge part of that teams future and is contributing already.

1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 10:11 AM
  #9
SoupyFIN
Moderator
#character
 
SoupyFIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Country: Finland
Posts: 24,373
vCash: 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlfan9191 View Post
We wouldn't trade Shore for TT straight up. Let alone with Mueller added.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Regier View Post
I can't see why FLA does this, Shore looks to be a huge part of that teams future and is contributing already.
^ These. There's literally no reason for Tallon to do this.

SoupyFIN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 10:15 AM
  #10
Martini*
Gods Team
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,786
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Regier View Post
I can't see why FLA does this, Shore looks to be a huge part of that teams future and is contributing already.
My sarcasm obviously not shown thru.


I know where this rumor started and by whom. Shore and TT wernt even mentioned, nor will StanBo trade TT.

Think Pecker and Mueller.

Martini* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 10:16 AM
  #11
Wingsfan2965*
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 6,610
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyris View Post
Are you really getting this excited about a hockey buzz rumor?
Hey, I'm still on the edge of my seat anticipating Detroit or LA to trade for Ryan Miller!

Wingsfan2965* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 11:05 AM
  #12
McTank
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,823
vCash: 500
I heard buffalo is selling...

McTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 11:27 AM
  #13
Dragon Priest
Elvenlegions
 
Dragon Priest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Metalheaven
Country: United States
Posts: 2,222
vCash: 500
Not sure why Florida or Chicago would do this. Drew Shore looks to be pretty promising and should be an important piece to build around for them going forward. And Mueller has had some pretty good chemistry with Huberdeau and has had a solid bounce back year. If I were Florida, I'd keep him around in the plans going forward as he is still young and fits the direction they are heading. Teravainen is a good prospect. He was a 1st round pick for a reason. With that said, I don't see why Chicago moves him for that package, especially if Mueller ends up being an odd man out after the season(He is a RFA, I believe). I guess there is some value there, its just that I don't think it makes sense for either side.

Dragon Priest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 11:53 AM
  #14
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,294
vCash: 500
Yeah, no way that was offered.

__________________
Noooo, no you can't have Ekblad!
Laus723 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 12:31 PM
  #15
Halifaxhab*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,219
vCash: 500
Im shocked he didnt drop the names of any leaf or habs players trying to push up his hit count

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 12:35 PM
  #16
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 114,093
vCash: 50
Ah JJ still pulling rumors off HF and claiming them as his own I see

At least we haven't had to read his anti-Kane crusade this year

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 12:44 PM
  #17
Martini*
Gods Team
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,786
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Ah JJ still pulling rumors off HF and claiming them as his own I see

At least we haven't had to read his anti-Kane crusade this year
I wouldnt go that far but its pretty close.

What I do know is Hogs management gushes like a fat kid in a Darth Vader suit at a sci-fy convention when TT is mentioned. I highly doubt StanBo is willing to trade off his prized pick so soon.

Not saying JJ is blowing hot air, but certain names just don't seem right.........

Martini* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 12:50 PM
  #18
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 114,093
vCash: 50
I agree about TT

Everyone in Hawks organization has been giddy over the kid and it isn't hard to see why (Very talented young player)

Hawks likely refuse to put him or Danault in any trade talks IMO

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 12:57 PM
  #19
Martini*
Gods Team
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,786
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
I agree about TT

Everyone in Hawks organization has been giddy over the kid and it isn't hard to see why (Very talented young player)

Hawks likely refuse to put him or Danault in any trade talks IMO
I cant see it either without specificly seeing what they have in both on a broader, first hand stage larger then a training/rookie camp.

Still, the Mueller part is intriguing. I really wouldn't put the kibosh on the kid just yet if the price was right, namely Kyle Beach and a pick.

Martini* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 01:05 PM
  #20
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo
 
HockeySensible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,998
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlfan9191 View Post
We wouldn't trade Shore for TT straight up. Let alone with Mueller added.
And the Hawks wouldn't trade TT for Shore straight up either.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 02:06 PM
  #21
SufferingCatFan
Registered User
 
SufferingCatFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: fort lauderdale
Country: United States
Posts: 1,884
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
And the Hawks wouldn't trade TT for Shore straight up either.
You are both right.

TT is a small ("5'9") skilled center playing in Finland with high end potential. Due to his age and size etc., it is a matter of conjecture as to how he will develop.

Shore is a big (6'2") two-center playing in the NHL. Worse case, he translates into a two-way, 3rd line center. Best case, he becomes a solid number 2.

I would argue that Shore today has more value because he has demonstrated that he can play in the NHL and his downside is slotting in as a 3rd line center.

That is not to suggest that the Hawks would have any interest in Shore, because the Hawks already have Bolland and can afford to roll the dice on TT.

SufferingCatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 02:11 PM
  #22
OCPenguin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,684
vCash: 500
I have no idea why Tallon would trade Shore to Chicago for that prospect. Drew looks pretty darn good as a Panther now. Why trade for a question mark?

OCPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 02:18 PM
  #23
Petes2424
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,861
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini View Post
Looks like my guy JJ heard what I heard last night about Mueller coming to the Hawks;

FLORIDA

A source out of Canada told me yesterday that former Hawk GM Dale Tallon has his sights set on the jewel of the Hawk talent pipeline, 2012 #1 pick, Teuvo Teravainen.

Tallon has allegedly offered RW Peter Mueller and C Drew Shore to the Hawks. My personal feeling is the Hawks will pass on this specific offer.


If that is the case, and all the Hawks give up is TT and some filler, then by all means, do it, Stan. That's an awful lot for a smaller prospect tho. But that size is just what the Hawks need, imo.

Come on Stan, come on, boy. Get this one done asap.
That's someone making something up who's never seen Drew Shore and has no idea what type of player he could be. Ridiculously made up.

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 02:18 PM
  #24
canucksPK
Registered User
 
canucksPK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Okanagan BC
Posts: 832
vCash: 500
This is actually very intriguing. Teravainen is an insanely talented prospect, and is really asserting himself this year being close to a ppg in the sm-liiga asides from his injury riddled/center tested 10 game start/slump. I think that its a solid offer from Florida though, Shore already making his mark, Mueller helping immediately. Worth considering for either team, although if I'm the hawks I still hold on to TT.
I think with Trocheck and Bjugstad coming up and looking like potential top 6 Centers, and the possibility of grabbing another center at the draft, they might not need to keep Drew Shore as there is a bit of a potential logjam at C for Florida.

canucksPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 02:20 PM
  #25
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,294
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksPK View Post
This is actually very intriguing. Teravainen is an insanely talented prospect, and is really asserting himself this year being close to a ppg in the sm-liiga asides from his injury riddled/center tested 10 game start/slump. I think that its a solid offer from Florida though, Shore already making his mark, Mueller helping immediately. Worth considering for either team, although if I'm the hawks I still hold on to TT.
I think with Trocheck and Bjugstad coming up and looking like potential top 6 Centers, and the possibility of grabbing another center at the draft, they might not need to keep Drew Shore as there is a bit of a potential logjam at C for Florida.
Not a chance, Shore will be around for awhile. Tallinn didn't make that offer.

Laus723 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:09 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.