HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects & Minor League Teams Thread

Closed Thread

Old
04-20-2013, 04:01 PM
LightningStrikes

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by InjuredChoker View Post
Tyler Johnson, AHL MVP.
Nice! Well deserved!

Old
04-20-2013, 04:27 PM
MattM92

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabby Williams View Post
The speed on that Namestnikov goal was insane. Wow.
That's what I was thinking. Where did that gear come from? It looked like everyone else was standing still, and he even kept the speed through the turn. Crazy!

Old
04-20-2013, 07:55 PM
zeykshade

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattM92 View Post
That's what I was thinking. Where did that gear come from? It looked like everyone else was standing still, and he even kept the speed through the turn. Crazy!
That gear is rarely shown by him. He skates pretty well and doesn't typically have to "try" to keep up with folks. When he turns it on, you see what happens. Also bear in mind that that was a turnover so the D was caught flat as well.

Palat is truly the gem imo. Every line he plays on, he makes work. It's uncanny.

Old
04-20-2013, 08:36 PM
Crabby Williams

For anyone who regularly watches the Crunch, how has Brown played this year? Do you expect him to compete for a spot on the Lightning next year?

Old
04-20-2013, 08:38 PM
Steve Yzerman
A Great Season

vCash: 805
Dan Sexton has really surprised me.

Old
04-20-2013, 08:48 PM
zeykshade

Quote:
For anyone who regularly watches the Crunch, how has Brown played this year? Do you expect him to compete for a spot on the Lightning next year?
He'll get a fair shot in camp. He's been solid, but really outshone by others. He'd do well with another year in the AHL imo. He'll never crack top 6 at the NHL level from what I've seen this year. 3rd liner is quite possible though.

Old
04-20-2013, 10:13 PM
Bolts4Life91

4-3 SO win, blew a 3-0 lead but shootout was solid. Connolly with a G and A.

Old
04-20-2013, 10:18 PM
TBLHoser

I don't get to watch AHL games but what is the reason behind Syracuse having to score 3 times in the shootout versus 0 for Worcester? I don't get the purpose of going the full 3 guys (although actually it was 4 for Syracuse because Tanner Richard missed)....

Old
04-20-2013, 10:22 PM
sbears
#goboltsgobears

Send a message via AIM to sbears
They probably go 5 rounds in the SO like they do in the ECHL, but I'm not positive.

Old
04-20-2013, 10:22 PM
TBLHoser

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbears View Post
They probably go 5 rounds in the SO like they do in the ECHL, but I'm not positive.
OK...that would make sense then....did not know that.

Old
04-20-2013, 10:24 PM
MattM92

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucLight View Post
I don't get to watch AHL games but what is the reason behind Syracuse having to score 3 times in the shootout versus 0 for Worcester? I don't get the purpose of going the full 3 guys (although actually it was 4 for Syracuse because Tanner Richard missed)....
I think it's a guaranteed 5 shooters down there instead of 3.

Old
04-20-2013, 10:30 PM
Bolts4Life91

That's correct 5 rounds instead of 3. If tied after 5 its the usual sudden death.

Old
04-20-2013, 10:56 PM
The Wyzerhood
A league of his own

http://theqmjhl.ca/schedule/show/game/64620

Jesus just look at how dominating Kucherov, MacKinnon and Drouin are . And to think, if things continue as they are, we could even add one of the latter two to our prospect cupboard come draft time. #mindblown #pleasetank

Also, are there any feeds for these games? I'd love to see these two offenses go head to head.

Old
04-20-2013, 10:59 PM
Crabby Williams

Drouin is gonna be amazing. I'm probably one of the few on here who would rather him than Jones.

Old
04-20-2013, 11:01 PM
Al Cervick

Quote:
Brown has had a pretty good all around game this year. Earlier in the season he was in more of a finesse offensive role and putting some points up, seeing decent PP time. After the shoulder injury hecame back and is throwing the body, finishing checks and playing more of a grinders type of game. He has great speed and basically doesn't have any weakness to his game. Lately he has been on a line with Ang and Wyman and they have been real good. I personally think he should get a look at training camp but most likely will play in SYR again next year.

Old
04-20-2013, 11:04 PM
Crabby Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Cervick View Post
Brown has had a pretty good all around game this year. Earlier in the season he was in more of a finesse offensive role and putting some points up, seeing decent PP time. After the shoulder injury hecame back and is throwing the body, finishing checks and playing more of a grinders type of game. He has great speed and basically doesn't have any weakness to his game. Lately he has been on a line with Ang and Wyman and they have been real good. I personally think he should get a look at training camp but most likely will play in SYR again next year.
Thanks, he does seem to be playing better when he's playing physical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeykshade View Post
He'll get a fair shot in camp. He's been solid, but really outshone by others. He'd do well with another year in the AHL imo. He'll never crack top 6 at the NHL level from what I've seen this year. 3rd liner is quite possible though.
Agreed, he never really struck me as a top six guy either.

Old
04-20-2013, 11:07 PM
The Wyzerhood
A league of his own

Quote:
Drouin is gonna be amazing. I'm probably one of the few on here who would rather him than Jones.
Good to know great minds think alike (I originally advocated Drouin over Jones). Wait, so where does that leave us?

I would like any of the players in the top 3, don't give a damn who it is.

Old
04-20-2013, 11:12 PM
Al Cervick

Syracuse Crunch are your east division champs. They got lazy in the 3rd but win in a SO.
Wait until you see the hit by Cote. He doesn't get a lot of recognition but he has been a rock all season very consistent every game. We might jump up to the #2 seed if things fall into place tomorrow. Great season. Can't thank Vinik, Yzerman and Briesbois enough for bringing a winner to Syracuse. These players are great on and off the ice.

Old
04-20-2013, 11:16 PM
The Wyzerhood
A league of his own

Quote:
Syracuse Crunch are your east division champs. They got lazy in the 3rd but win in a SO.
Wait until you see the hit by Cote. He doesn't get a lot of recognition but he has been a rock all season very consistent every game. We might jump up to the #2 seed if things fall into place tomorrow. Great season. Can't thank Vinik, Yzerman and Briesbois enough for bringing a winner to Syracuse. These players are great on and off the ice.
Absolutely thrilled that the Crunch continued to have success despite us plucking most of your top players . Let's make it back to back Calder Cups!!!

Did you follow the Admirals last year or are you purely a Crunch fan?

Old
04-20-2013, 11:36 PM
Al Cervick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa Bay Trio View Post
Absolutely thrilled that the Crunch continued to have success despite us plucking most of your top players . Let's make it back to back Calder Cups!!!

Did you follow the Admirals last year or are you purely a Crunch fan?
Die hard Crunch fan. I did follow Norfolk a little bit last year because the run of wins was really amazing. Ironically I lived in Clearwater and Temple Terrace back in 2003-2005. My wife now (girlfriend back then) finished getting her bachelors degree at USF. Got to a few Bolts games when I could but time and resources were not in my favor, Being there for the Stanley Cup run was incredible though.We moved back to Syracuse because I could make a lot more money back here. I still miss Lenny's for breakfast, Tiajuana flats and the Gasparilla parade. It was fun.

Old
04-21-2013, 12:03 AM
The Wyzerhood
A league of his own

Quote:
Die hard Crunch fan. I did follow Norfolk a little bit last year because the run of wins was really amazing. Ironically I lived in Clearwater and Temple Terrace back in 2003-2005. My wife now (girlfriend back then) finished getting her bachelors degree at USF. Got to a few Bolts games when I could but time and resources were not in my favor, Being there for the Stanley Cup run was incredible though.We moved back to Syracuse because I could make a lot more money back here. I still miss Lenny's for breakfast, Tiajuana flats and the Gasparilla parade. It was fun.
Wow, that's a great story! Hope you'll become a bigger Bolts fan now that Syracuse is our AHL affiliate. Plus, it's always nice to see former Crunch players finding success at the pro level, not to mention the infusion of talent we'll undoubtedly be sending your way in the coming years (Kucherov, Koekkoek, hopefully our top 5 pick this year, etc.)

What were your thoughts on Killorn and his potential in what you saw of him at Syracuse this year and Norfolk last year?

Old
04-21-2013, 12:17 AM
sbears
#goboltsgobears

Send a message via AIM to sbears
Quote:
He's been #1 on my list for a while now, I think he is going to be a big star. I'm torn because we have so many awesome prospects right now and really need D, but this guy is so good.

Old
04-21-2013, 01:21 AM
Butchered
Whatchu doin Cooper?

Send a message via AIM to Butchered
Quote:
God yes. I moved from Orlando in 2008. I've been back twice since then. I ate at TF and Pita Pit twice each trip. If I could get those two spots here I'd miss literally nothing about Orlando.

Old
04-21-2013, 01:32 AM
MattM92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butchered View Post
God yes. I moved from Orlando in 2008. I've been back twice since then. I ate at TF and Pita Pit twice each trip. If I could get those two spots here I'd miss literally nothing about Orlando.
Reppin' O-Town! Where'd you move to that is better than being within 20 minutes of Disney and Universal?

Old
04-21-2013, 09:22 AM
Al Cervick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa Bay Trio View Post
Wow, that's a great story! Hope you'll become a bigger Bolts fan now that Syracuse is our AHL affiliate. Plus, it's always nice to see former Crunch players finding success at the pro level, not to mention the infusion of talent we'll undoubtedly be sending your way in the coming years (Kucherov, Koekkoek, hopefully our top 5 pick this year, etc.)

What were your thoughts on Killorn and his potential in what you saw of him at Syracuse this year and Norfolk last year?
I said in a post after the home opener that Killorn and Conacher were NHL ready.
I thought the biggest thing about Killer was his hockey IQ. Always at the right spot on the ice.
Here is a link to that thread.http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...=#post54977891

Closed Thread