HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects & Minor League Teams Thread

Closed Thread

Old
05-20-2013, 11:57 PM
Jacko95

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyer View Post
Habs fan here wanting information on Kucherov. What do you guys see him become in the future in terms of point production and who will play with him on his trio? Thanks in advance!
We/I think he has elite potential and could very well become a first line winger. But right now he is a wild card, because it's hard to predict, how well and fast his style will translate into the pro game, but he has all the talent to be a star in the NHL. I think point product is hard to say, as he could become everything between an average 2nd line forward with maybe 50p or a PPG star player.
As for his linemates, I think he will play next to Namestnikov next season. Maybe with Brown on the other wing. Should be a solid first line in the A next year.

Old
05-21-2013, 04:00 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Heard some rumblings about Gusev, no idea if its true.

Old
05-21-2013, 04:42 PM
2 Weekes Notice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still All In View Post
Heard some rumblings about Gusev, no idea if its true.
What variety of rumblings are those? If they're good, great! And if they're bad, he was a 7th rounder.

Old
05-21-2013, 08:09 PM
Xenophobia Catalyst
Fear The Flash

vCash: 326
Crunch next game regardless of winner is Saturday. Only question is will it be in Rhode Island or Syracuse.

For those who have not been following Providence had been up 3-0 but Wilkes-Barre has come back to tie.

If Providence wins on Wednesday:
Eastern Conference Finals – Series “M”
1-Providence Bruins vs. 3-Syracuse Crunch
Game 1 – Sat., May 25 – Syracuse at Providence, TBD
Game 2 – Sun., May 26 – Syracuse at Providence, 7:05 ET
Game 3 – Wed., May 29 – Providence at Syracuse, 7 ET
Game 4 – Fri., May 31 – Providence at Syracuse, 7 ET
*Game 5 – Sat., June 1 – Providence at Syracuse, 7 ET
*Game 6 – Mon., June 3 – Syracuse at Providence, 7:05 ET
*Game 7 – Wed., June 5 – Syracuse at Providence, 7:05 ET
*if necessary

If Wilkes-Barre/Scranton wins on Wednesday:
Eastern Conference Finals – Series “M”
3-Syracuse Crunch vs. 5-Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
Game 1 – Sat., May 25 – W-B/Scranton at Syracuse, 7 ET
Game 2 – Sun., May 26 – W-B/Scranton at Syracuse, 7 ET
Game 3 – Wed., May 29 – Syracuse at W-B/Scranton, 7:05 ET
Game 4 – Fri., May 31 – Syracuse at W-B/Scranton, 7:05 ET
*Game 5 – Sat., June 1 – W-B/Scranton at Syracuse, 7 ET
*Game 6 – Mon., June 3 – Syracuse at W-B/Scranton, 7:05 ET
*Game 7 – Wed., June 5 – W-B/Scranton at Syracuse, 7 ET

Old
05-21-2013, 10:27 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Weekes Notice View Post
What variety of rumblings are those? If they're good, great! And if they're bad, he was a 7th rounder.
Don't know, hard to say. Gave the impression of coming here, but why (camp, contract, etc)... don't know.

Old
05-22-2013, 04:24 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

Some quotes from Crunch owner Howard Dolgon's Q&A session from earlier today

http://blog.syracuse.com/crunch/2013....html#comments

In past seasons our affiliate has loaned prime prospects to other AHL clubs. The Ducks did that to Norfolk's Ads by loaning Troy Bodie to Portland at the deadline simular to how they had with us by loaning Jaffray after recovery from injury and Parent to the Moose after trading for him. Wanting them to “have playoff experience” while Ads were in the hunt for a playoff spot. It must have made you feel proud to have the Bolts hire a dman for a game just so we could have Gudas back for the first playoff game? What a great parent club your Crunch fans loved it!
Quote:
Now you can understand why we gladly made the switch to Tampa. They are an organization that GETS it. They recognize we are partners and place a high value on the partnership. For us, our entire staff, it is so enjoyable to be able to work with the likes of Steve Yzerman, Julien Brisbois and the entire Lightning organization. I've said many time, and I mean it, that as great a player as Yzerman was for many years in the NHL, he is a better person. A first class guy all the way.

Hello Howard. What's the biggest difference between working with the Lightning organization and some of the other organizations (Ducks, Columbus, etc.) you've dealt with throughout the years. What has it been like working with Stevie Yzerman?

Quote:
The Lightning do a great job of keeping us in the loop on all hockey related issues and we, likewise, keep them informed on all business/league related items. The lines of communication are ALWAYS open. It's a pleasure seeing how they communicate with their coaches, prospects, training staff. This will translate into long-term success on the NHL level. Mark my words.

From the front office perspective how was the transition between Jon Cooper and Rob Zettler?

Quote:
From Cooper to Zettler was going from one great guy to one awesome guy. Each has their own personality but both are always upbeat, positive and a pleasure to be around. I know our staff has enjoyed spending time with both guys and the players would run through a brick wall for either of them.

I know that Steve Yzerman was at the World Championships the last few weeks. Do you know if all the Tampa brass plans on being in Syracuse for the remainder of the playoff run?

Quote:
I think you'll be seeing a lot of Tampa hockey personnel in Syracuse and on the road with the team the rest of the way.

Old
05-22-2013, 08:11 PM
Steve Yzerman
A New Season Begins

He can't be serious.

Old
05-22-2013, 08:14 PM
The YzerJesus
HoseEmAllAround

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior4321 View Post
Its funny, because I read this:

Quote:
He was also pointless in 22 games with the Lightning this season.
As in, he was pointless. Like not held without points, but he was pointless on this team. Useless.

Old
05-22-2013, 08:15 PM
Steve Yzerman
A New Season Begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Klinkhammer View Post
Its funny, because I read this:

As in, he was pointless. Like not held without points, but he was pointless on this team. Useless.
I'm actually surprised that he was also pointless ( as in held without points ) in the AHL. Edit: My bad, he had one assist. (Still surprised).

Old
05-22-2013, 08:40 PM
Follower of Yzlam
#FreeDrouin

vCash: 134
Eh, what do you expect him to say? He's done? I think it's clear Lee is finished, but you've got to pump his tires a bit.

Old
05-23-2013, 12:42 AM
MattM92

The Wilkes-Barre Scranton Penguins beat the Providence Bruins in game 7 5-0. Must run in the organization to cough up 3-0 series leads

Penguins @ Crunch this Saturday and Sunday at 7pm.

Old
05-23-2013, 01:17 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/lightn...-keeps/2122599
Quote:
The Lightning, it is believed, has a potential goaltending star in Andrey Vasilevskiy. And head amateur scout Al Murray did nothing to change anyone's mind in a recent discussion about the 18-year-old Russian.

"This guy is a terrific prospect," Murray said of Vasilevskiy, who was drafted 19th overall in 2012. "I haven't seen a goalie in my time scouting in 20 years as developed at this stage of his development as this guy is.

"That doesn't mean he's going to eclipse Patrick Roy or Martin Brodeur," Murray continued. "But at this stage of his development, at his age, I haven't seen a goalie as good as this guy."
Quote:
The question is, where will Vasilevskiy play next season? He has one year left on his Russian contract, though Vasilevskiy does have a buyout clause. His North American rights are held by OHL Mississauga, who can retain, trade or relinquish them.

"We're hoping he can get out of (the contracts) and come over," said Murray, who added that if Vasilevskiy does come to North America, he also is eligible to play for AHL Syracuse.

"He's right on the cusp of pushing his game to a whole other level," Murray said. "We're just not sure where that's going to be."

Old
05-23-2013, 01:55 PM
Follower of Yzlam
#FreeDrouin

vCash: 134
Excellent news. I want Vasilevski to play wherever he'll get playing time and improve, so I'm not too worried about him coming over next season. I'd like him to get used to the NHL ice, but it's not like he's going to come in as a full starter the season after anyway, so I'm willing to be patient.

So excited for this kid.

Old
05-23-2013, 02:20 PM
zeykshade

I hope he stays as far away from Frantz Jean as possible for as long as possible. Nothing will derail his development like that assclown.

Old
05-23-2013, 03:02 PM
MattM92

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeykshade View Post
I hope he stays as far away from Frantz Jean as possible for as long as possible. Nothing will derail his development like that assclown.
That is something that I am really nervous about. Frantz has damaged the development of every goalie we've had since he came in, I don't want him to mess with Vasya. That's why I want him gone ASAP

Old
05-23-2013, 06:37 PM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

vCash: 50
Looking forward to a good series with you guys. Incredible for us to come back from 3-0 down and personally I think you'll beat us in 5. You're just too good.

Old
05-23-2013, 07:39 PM
MattM92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
Looking forward to a good series with you guys. Incredible for us to come back from 3-0 down and personally I think you'll beat us in 5. You're just too good.
I don't get to watch any AHL games down here, but based solely off of what I've heard via Twitter and stuff, WBS was the team I was most afraid of playing. Best of luck in the series though, should be a good one

Old
05-23-2013, 10:14 PM
zeykshade

Quote:
Hot goalie can change everything.

Old
05-25-2013, 06:55 AM
Al Cervick

Quote:
I'm so ready for game 1 tonight.
http://blog.syracuse.com/crunch/2013..._flyout_sports

Old
05-25-2013, 07:09 AM
ThunderAlleyNomad

I'm kind of nervous about this series. Crunch should win, but what a lift the Pens will have.

Old
05-25-2013, 08:08 AM
BoltSTH

www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGY9FyxSMOo

Old
05-25-2013, 09:27 AM
Al Cervick

Quote:
Originally Posted by albatross View Post
I'm kind of nervous about this series. Crunch should win, but what a lift the Pens will have.
Mentally the Pens have to be feeling good about coming back down 3 games. Physically maybe not so much. Hopefully they're worn down a bit.
If the Crunch use their speed, play physical they will be fine.

Old
05-25-2013, 10:36 AM
MattM92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Cervick View Post
Mentally the Pens have to be feeling good about coming back down 3 games. Physically maybe not so much. Hopefully they're worn down a bit.
If the Crunch use their speed, play physical they will be fine.
The thing I'm most worried about is the rust. Crunch have had a lot of down time, so they'll either be well rested or very rusty.

Old
05-25-2013, 11:03 AM
Xenophobia Catalyst
Fear The Flash

vCash: 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattM92 View Post
The thing I'm most worried about is the rust. Crunch have had a lot of down time, so they'll either be well rested or very rusty.
I think the fact they have home ice tonight will help with that.
The Pens Goalie Thiessen has been playing superb (I think that may be an understatement) But then again so was McElhinney and look what the Crunch did against him.

I am confidant in this team and am looking forward to this series.

Old
05-25-2013, 01:31 PM
Al Cervick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattM92 View Post
I know what you mean. I'm hoping that the experience of the run in Norfolk last year will have them ready for this series. If they come out flat tonight I'll be concerned.

Closed Thread