HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#30 |Montreal Canadiens vs. New York Islanders| Mar 21 | 7 PM | L 5-2

Old
03-22-2013, 12:48 AM
MattMartin
KillerInstinct™

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to MattMartin
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Pointed Stick View Post
It's hard man. We all want success, to turn that corner and never look back, but so much can be fixed if we had a real owner who put real money into this roster... It just sucks to watch this disappointing pile of **** they call a team sometimes and think anything can change as long as the anti-Midas still owns this club.
I know it's not chump change but if we put in 15 mil we would be at a average team salary. We could bring a #1/2 Dman and a legit RW to play with JT but we have BB and Finley,Hickey, and Martinek filling those roles = ). Also that would be world class players for 15mil or we could go with a real good RW, 2nd line C, and a 2/3 Dman also.
Thinking Horton,Ribiero, and Scuderi instead of Reasoner,Boyes, and Hickey.

Last edited by MattMartin: 03-22-2013 at 12:55 AM.
MattMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 01:23 AM
JTforPres2012

Don't know if this was brought up as I haven't read through the beginning of the thread, but at some point during the second, Subban gave JT a nice, solid elbow to the head, and then was really jawing at him until he went off for a shift, but I mean really letting Tavares hear it.

Does anyone know what that was about because as we all know, they're "supposedly" best of friends for years now. I figured maybe PK was getting angry because Tavares was making him look pretty silly but that may be just me

JTforPres2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 01:23 AM
redbull
movin'on up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMartin View Post
I know it's not chump change but if we put in 15 mil we would be at a average team salary. We could bring a #1/2 Dman and a legit RW to play with JT but we have BB and Finley,Hickey, and Martinek filling those roles = ). Also that would be world class players for 15mil or we could go with a real good RW, 2nd line C, and a 2/3 Dman also.
Thinking Horton,Ribiero, and Scuderi instead of Reasoner,Boyes, and Hickey.
as many of us have pointed out for years, but Wang, disguised as "OlTimeHockey" on these boards , doesn't read our posts.

also Snow, disguised as "PW Junior", seems to think that Reasoner, Boyes and Hickey are the best choice in terms of getting this team to the next level. Because he's said on multiple occasions over the past five years that he has funds at his disposal and is continually trying to improve the team.

So Snow's decisions must be hockey decisions. And hiring Capuano is a part of that because there must be no other coaches available that could do better. Unless Snow believes this team is "good enough" to make the playoffs, in which case Snow (like the last time) will fire the coach.

But free agents won't sign here because of the arena! or is it the losing? either way, no new players will play for this team, through NO FAULT of the owner or GM, of course.

Oh, and trades? Well, we have no marketable players that are over 23 and we cannot trade essential components to this "rebuild" - so that's out of the question. So year FIVE of the rebuild and the team is "just three points" out of a playoff spot. Progress? Maybe.

But wait, isn't the team also "just three points" out of 29th overall?

But why worry. Snow knows what he's doing. He's done this before. As has Capuano. They know best. Clearly.

redbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 01:40 AM
MattMartin
KillerInstinct™

Send a message via MSN to MattMartin
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull View Post
as many of us have pointed out for years, but Wang, disguised as "OlTimeHockey" on these boards , doesn't read our posts.

also Snow, disguised as "PW Junior", seems to think that Reasoner, Boyes and Hickey are the best choice in terms of getting this team to the next level. Because he's said on multiple occasions over the past five years that he has funds at his disposal and is continually trying to improve the team.

So Snow's decisions must be hockey decisions. And hiring Capuano is a part of that because there must be no other coaches available that could do better. Unless Snow believes this team is "good enough" to make the playoffs, in which case Snow (like the last time) will fire the coach.

But free agents won't sign here because of the arena! or is it the losing? either way, no new players will play for this team, through NO FAULT of the owner or GM, of course.

Oh, and trades? Well, we have no marketable players that are over 23 and we cannot trade essential components to this "rebuild" - so that's out of the question. So year FIVE of the rebuild and the team is "just three points" out of a playoff spot. Progress? Maybe.

But why worry. Snow knows what he's doing. He's done this before. As has Capuano. They know best. Clearly.
Not being a wise guy here but i'm missing your point RED. I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed so please take that into consideration = )

MattMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 02:11 AM
redbull
movin'on up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMartin View Post
Not being a wise guy here but i'm missing your point RED. I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed so please take that into consideration = )
poor attempt at sarcasm without enough emoticons....in short, I'm tired of this joke of a franchise, terrible GM, terrible coach, fraud of a "rebuild" and the illusion of progress.

The team's three points out of 29th overall. And even though the point system makes it seem like the playoffs are "oh so close", they aren't any closer than the 2nd overall pick. And with the way this team plays when it "matters" - best to spend time scouting Jones/MacKinnon than to plan for hockey in April.

Snow doesn't know how to build a team. Regardless of budget.

Capuano doesn't know how to coach a team (or match lines, or assemble lines, or motivate, or teach discipline, or even hold players accountable for forechecking, backchecking, blocking shots) - he's clueless

Snow doesn't know enough to hire a coach or fire a coach.

I'm up working late, cranky, that doesn't help. I'm watching Kadri pass Tavares in scoring in the Leafs/Sabres replay. Both these teams look far better than the Isles do. And I won't talk about the pace in the VAN-PHX and DAL-LA game, cuz that's depressing. I can't believe Jagr is still this good, at his age. Wow.

Old
03-22-2013, 03:12 AM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
poor attempt at sarcasm without enough emoticons....in short, I'm tired of this joke of a franchise, terrible GM, terrible coach, fraud of a "rebuild" and the illusion of progress.

The team's three points out of 29th overall. And even though the point system makes it seem like the playoffs are "oh so close", they aren't any closer than the 2nd overall pick. And with the way this team plays when it "matters" - best to spend time scouting Jones/MacKinnon than to plan for hockey in April.

Snow doesn't know how to build a team. Regardless of budget.

Capuano doesn't know how to coach a team (or match lines, or assemble lines, or motivate, or teach discipline, or even hold players accountable for forechecking, backchecking, blocking shots) - he's clueless

Snow doesn't know enough to hire a coach or fire a coach.

I'm up working late, cranky, that doesn't help. I'm watching Kadri pass Tavares in scoring in the Leafs/Sabres replay. Both these teams look far better than the Isles do. And I won't talk about the pace in the VAN-PHX and DAL-LA game, cuz that's depressing. I can't believe Jagr is still this good, at his age. Wow.
Don't worry. Snow can make a trade or two to right the ship. Many said so this past summer. He has no spending restraints.

We're dandy. Just swell.

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 03:15 AM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:

Ya got me.

Ya got the 'Tater.

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 08:25 AM
Snapshotgoal

I'm totally disgusted. I don't know how else to express my disappointment for this organization. I sense a big free-fall but I know Snow isn't going to do a thing..

Snapshotgoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 08:47 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Wasn't able to see the game. It was blacked out - despite having NHL GameCenter. Don't know what that's about, especially considering the game was on Long Island, but it really ticks me off. I can't even watch the condensed version right now. Says I can check back 48 hours after the game. That sure as heck better not happen tonight against Pittsburgh.

But it doesn't look like I missed much.

We're now 10th with Buffalo one point behind and each of TB, Washington and Philly all two points behind. I'd have to say that with 3 losses in the next 5 games, Snow has to be a seller. Actually, what we've seen on the ice here is a mediocre to subpar team. We shouldn't fool ourselves into thinking that anything done at this trade deadline is going to ensure playoff participation one way or the other.

Heck, the team likely has just as much of a chance at making it to the postseason if it moves a few UFAs than if it doesn't.

But I'm suspecting that, as usual, we'll see little happen at this deadline and will watch our team fade back into a spot between 6-12 in the draft pecking order. Once the other teams with more legitimate rosters start really fighting for those last few PO spots with just 12-15 games to go, we're gonna see the real reality of this team. Alas, with a drop in the drafting order, and thus a slight move up in the rankings in comparison to past years, Snow can claim the team has technically improved in the standings... slowly but surely moving upwards.

Chapin Landvogt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 09:30 AM
bvon44

Was at the game last night. The crowd was heavy with Habs fans, and while I expected them I didn't expect THAT many. That being said, the ones in my section were very respectful (even when winning), which is a lot more than I can say for some other fanbases when they "invade" the arena. The team looked abysmal for most of the game, Martin was invisible (a byproduct of his line placement), Poulin looked rusty (understandable), Reasoner and Aucoin are useless, and above all the ice looked terrible, the puck was bouncing constantly. The team came out flat to start the 3rd and stayed that way. The Isles could use some real decent coaching. I must say, if any of you posters here are part of the Loudville group, then I must take my hat off to you. You guys are dedicated! Do you have rehearsals for the chants or something?

bvon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 10:08 AM
PJGooch

On the bright side, betting on the opponent on the 3rd period line is a great way to make some side dough.

PJGooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 11:11 AM
Hipietro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvon44 View Post
Was at the game last night. The crowd was heavy with Habs fans, and while I expected them I didn't expect THAT many. That being said, the ones in my section were very respectful (even when winning), which is a lot more than I can say for some other fanbases when they "invade" the arena. The team looked abysmal for most of the game, Martin was invisible (a byproduct of his line placement), Poulin looked rusty (understandable), Reasoner and Aucoin are useless, and above all the ice looked terrible, the puck was bouncing constantly. The team came out flat to start the 3rd and stayed that way. The Isles could use some real decent coaching. I must say, if any of you posters here are part of the Loudville group, then I must take my hat off to you. You guys are dedicated! Do you have rehearsals for the chants or something?
Habs fans always seem to be pretty good. Toronto and Rangers fans on the other hand....

Attendance was a little over 11,000 last night. Not bad by our standards for a weeknight game, but looks like the Habs fans had a lot to do with it.

Hipietro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 12:39 PM
wingnutks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doshell Propivo View Post
No kidding. Look who she was sitting next to!

I kid I kid....
Well played

wingnutks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 01:14 PM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvon44 View Post
I've heard Canadiens fans are truly great fans to be around.

03-22-2013, 01:22 PM
PWJunior
SUCK IT HATERS!

Quote:

Why do I have to be Garth Snow? I don't know if I should be offended by this or not.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 01:25 PM
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang

Wang needs to sell. Snow and Cappy need to be fired. Start there and then start getting rid of the dead weight on the bench. There is a lot of them. #FCW

IslesFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 02:12 PM
Dan-o16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doshell Propivo View Post
Talent.

When you spend much of your energy simply trying to keep up with your opponent, eventually you will wear down. This team's lack of talent and lack of depth is exposed frequently.
This.

The idea that third period is something the team has failed to "address" is pretty laughable.

Cheers,

Dan-o

Dan-o16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 02:26 PM
redbull
movin'on up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-o16 View Post
This.

The idea that third period is something the team has failed to "address" is pretty laughable.
as though it should be "easier" to prevent goals as the game goes on. Where the opposite is usually true, that when a team is desperate and step up their game, a BETTER TEAM can execute more often than not.

In reality, the third period leads are simply a symptom of a bad team. Just like not stepping up in those "must win" games. This team continually disappoints in that area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
Why do I have to be Garth Snow? I don't know if I should be offended by this or not.
that's what Garth would say, on a message board. Get over it, everyone knows now. You've been outed.

now, fire the coach tonight, before the game, leave Weight as the interim and once he fails (for the remainnder of the year) you can hire a proper coach in the off-season.

And get some players instead of posting.

Old
03-22-2013, 02:28 PM
7:11 of OT
Call my Monkey Butch

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
Check with Wang, he will tell you how you should feel.

7:11 of OT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 03:19 PM
PWJunior
SUCK IT HATERS!

Quote:
that's what Garth would say, on a message board. Get over it, everyone knows now. You've been outed.

now, fire the coach tonight, before the game, leave Weight as the interim and once he fails (for the remainnder of the year) you can hire a proper coach in the off-season.

And get some players instead of posting.
You got me, I've been outed. To go against convention, I will actually divulge information for once.

-We feel this team is good enough to make the playoffs.
-The organization has the utmost confidence that Capuano will be the one to lead this team to a Stanley Cup so his job is safe and Weight will have to wait his turn.
-I have no plans on acquiring any more talent, again... we feel this team is good enough to win the Cup this year.
-We feel that we addressed all our needs this year. Brad Boyes is the elite RW that Tavares has needed.
-We addressed team toughness with Carkner and Boulton. No one can call us soft.
-Brian Strait was the top-4 d-man that we have needed.
-We are planning the parade now.

That's all I can give you at this time, I need to finish reading 'Hockey General Managing for Dummies'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7:11 of OT View Post
Check with Wang, he will tell you how you should feel.
Charles says I'm special and sent me this...

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 03:23 PM
Inquisition13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeland Security View Post
I've heard Canadiens fans are truly great fans to be around.
Not the ones that come to Florida.

Inquisition13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 03:23 PM
ScaredStreit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavaresfan91 View Post
At least were still 3 points out and didnt lose any ground...if we can Manage to beat the peng...who am I kidding were gonna lose
We're close (in points) to 14th place than we are to 8th. Fact.

ScaredStreit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 03:27 PM
ScaredStreit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipietro View Post
Habs fans always seem to be pretty good. Toronto and Rangers fans on the other hand....

Attendance was a little over 11,000 last night. Not bad by our standards for a weeknight game, but looks like the Habs fans had a lot to do with it.
By our standards.....but honestly it's pathetic compared to the rest of the league.

ScaredStreit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 09:23 PM
Alexdaman

vCash: 50
I was looking at your team's time on ice stats...

Why the ******* is Tavares getting less ice-time than Frans Nielsen and Brad Boyes? The way he's playing he should be logging at least 20mins per game.

Last edited by Alexdaman: 03-22-2013 at 09:29 PM.
Alexdaman is offline   Reply With Quote