HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

What would it take for Montreal to get David backes

Closed Thread

Old
03-20-2013, 12:24 AM
johnnyp17

vCash: 500
What would it take for Montreal to get David backes

This is exactly the type of player the Habs need what would it take to get him I'm thinking

What is St. Louis needs their defense seems good what would it take Danny Kristo + 2nd rounder + Rene bourque would that be possible or is they're a better proposals because I ain't to sure of the blues need

Old
03-20-2013, 12:25 AM
bleedblue1223
Fire Army

vCash: 130
You really don't want to know.

Old
03-20-2013, 12:30 AM
KirkOut
EveryoneOut

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyp17 View Post
This is exactly the type of player the Habs need what would it take to get him I'm thinking

What is St. Louis needs their defense seems good what would it take Danny Kristo + 2nd rounder + Rene bourque would that be possible or is they're a better proposals because I ain't to sure of the blues need
seems like an overpayment

Old
03-20-2013, 12:31 AM
CanadianSharks

Quote:

As a Habs fan, I apologize to any Blues fans for this proposal.

Old
03-20-2013, 12:43 AM
johnnyp17

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienShark View Post

As a Habs fan, I apologize to any Blues fans for this proposal.
That's why I'm asking what would be the value I didn't proposed that exactly I'm asking what it would take so what would you offer

Old
03-20-2013, 12:44 AM
HooliganX2

Galy plus Gorges. Is that overpayment? Possibly but we are trying to make a playoff run of our own and He is our Captain and best defensive forward and has a pretty reasonable contract. He also is a big part of the local community.....

Old
03-20-2013, 12:45 AM
domaug*

a bribe, blackmail, or a ton of praying.

Old
03-20-2013, 12:47 AM
DKQ
Generic User Title

Ryder+Kaberle+2nd?

Old
03-20-2013, 12:47 AM
Gobo
Stop looking Gare

Galchenyuk +
Subban +

Start with those 2

Old
03-20-2013, 12:48 AM
BostonBob
4 Ever The Greatest

As a Bruin fan I can honestly tell you that David Backes is exactly the type of player I don't want to see Montreal get. That being said - I just can't see St. Louis trading him unless they get a massive overpayment since he is probably their most versatile forward.

Old
03-20-2013, 12:49 AM
Winning Unlimited

St Louis probably asks for Galchenyuk and Andrei Markov. The Blues would want a center coming back, and a left handed D-man.

Old
03-20-2013, 12:51 AM
DeuceMN
Really?

Why do threads liek this get started?! The Blues are right in the playoff hunt, and are a pretty strong team. Why the hell would they even consider trading one of their key players, who just happens to also be their captain

Old
03-20-2013, 01:06 AM
TMLFC
Registered abuser

vCash: 50
Price + Subban
for
Backes + Halak + Cole

Old
03-20-2013, 03:03 AM
Greenstickytoes*

O P so we don't want Backes.

Old
03-20-2013, 03:16 AM
Cory Trevor
Smokes, Let's go

St. Louis trades their extremely American first line 30 goal scoring backchecking physical Captain center in the midst of a playoff hunt to Montreal??

Those are some of the reasons all piled into one terrible question/sentence that are the first of many hurdles. Add the fact that it will take any player you are unwilling to give up+considerable returns. Danny Kristo a second rounder, and Rene Bourque will not get your parking validated.

Start with Subban plus. Rightfully or wrongfully, that's the starting point.

Old
03-20-2013, 03:44 AM
Kwayry

Kudos to the OP for at least not throwing Weber in the proposal?

Old
03-20-2013, 07:00 AM
Vladys Gumption
Global Moderator
Colt55

Quote:

Galchenyuk. It ain't gonna happen.

Old
03-20-2013, 07:01 AM
Vladys Gumption
Global Moderator
Colt55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Trevor View Post
St. Louis trades their extremely American first line 30 goal scoring backchecking physical Captain center in the midst of a playoff hunt to Montreal??

Those are some of the reasons all piled into one terrible question/sentence that are the first of many hurdles. Add the fact that it will take any player you are unwilling to give up+considerable returns. Danny Kristo a second rounder, and Rene Bourque will not get your parking validated.

Start with Subban plus. Rightfully or wrongfully, that's the starting point.
Actually, as much as I love Subban, it wouldn't be him. We've got Petro and Shattenkirk. If backes goes anywhere I think it would be for a better center.

Old
03-20-2013, 07:09 AM
416Leafer

Well St. Louis doesn't want to move a Centre, that's the first problem. So even though Subban for Backes is probably prettty good value, it's still not something St. Louis would want to do for positional reasons.

Essentially I think it would take Galchenyuk+. And the "+" would have to be pretty decent. Any proposal without either Galchenyuk or Subban in the deal shouldn't even be in this thread.

I'll leave it with the following words, regarding how Galchenyuks ceiling is unknown, but essentially Montreal is hoping he becomes a player as good as Backes. Backes is already proven to be Backes, so he holds quite a bit more value.

"A boat's just a boat, but the mystery box could be anything! It could even be a boat!"

Old
03-20-2013, 07:20 AM
PerryTurnbullfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 416Leafer View Post
Well St. Louis doesn't want to move a Centre, that's the first problem. So even though Subban for Backes is probably prettty good value, it's still not something St. Louis would want to do for positional reasons.

Essentially I think it would take Galchenyuk+. And the "+" would have to be pretty decent. Any proposal without either Galchenyuk or Subban in the deal shouldn't even be in this thread.

I'll leave it with the following words, regarding how Galchenyuks ceiling is unknown, but essentially Montreal is hoping he becomes a player as good as Backes. Backes is already proven to be Backes, so he holds quite a bit more value.

"A boat's just a boat, but the mystery box could be anything! It could even be a boat!"
Galchenyuk and Tinordi...ha ha.

Old
03-20-2013, 07:22 AM
Prairie Habs

Holy crap is Backes overrated. I know he is a good American player but some people need to take a deep breath.

Old
03-20-2013, 07:25 AM
PerryTurnbullfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Habs View Post
Holy crap is Backes overrated. I know he is a good American player but some people need to take a deep breath.
He brings all the intangibles that you want and our heart and soul guy. You rip our heart out, then you better be prepared to relpace it.

Old
03-20-2013, 07:43 AM
Brooklanders*

Quote:
And what has Galchenyuk done in this league?

I heard he is a good American player.

Old
03-20-2013, 07:44 AM
Captain Wolverine

More than the Habs would be willing to pay. No need to toss names around.

Old
03-20-2013, 07:45 AM
416Leafer

Quote:
He's the #1 C on a team that was 2 pts away from being the President's Trophy winner last year, he's a reigning Selke nominee, he's big and physical, he's their Captain, St. Louis is thin at C, he's lead them in points the past two seasons, and they're in a "win now" or "win soon" mode.

Safe to say, he's going to cost a LOT in a trade. Is he a PPG centre? No. But he's very strong defensively, very physical, and able to put up 25+ goals and 55-65 points. Those are the types of players that are very valuable on winning teams.

Galchenyuk? He's a rookie and was a 3rd overall pick in a weak draft. I like Galchenyuk, he's who I wanted in the draft, but his value is in potential, which he may not hit. I would say he has slightly higher offensive potential compared to Backes, but very likely won't be as good defensively and isn't as physical. So IF he hits his potential, he will probably have comparable value.

Closed Thread