HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blues Trade Proposals - Part 5

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-27-2013, 08:21 PM
  #251
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!
 
bleedblue1223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 23,296
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alklha View Post
Coburn has been terrible this season. If there is a chance to buy low, then sure. With how ugly their defense is, I doubt that possibility exists.
Maybe they've given up completely and Schmaltz+1st could get them talking. Maybe Cole+ could spark some interest.

bleedblue1223 is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 08:24 PM
  #252
Multimoodia
Sicker Than Usual
 
Multimoodia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: The Range
Posts: 2,747
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesman91 View Post
He has shown though he is a top pairing defenseman. If we are going to go after a defenseman these are the ones I prefer. I don't think any LHD contract is a concern to Stillman as he has said he is willing to put money into this team in order to make it win. Selling off the Rivermen will allow him to be able to spend more money towards the team.

Yandle
Bouwmeester
Giordono
Sekera
I disagree.
I think selling off the Rivermen and canning JD were what was required to pay the players for this year. He was probably willing to spend some more money until the elder Taylor went through the nasty divorce thus putting more of it on Stillman's dime.

Multimoodia is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 08:38 PM
  #253
BadgersandBlues
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 658
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alklha View Post
Why do you say that? He is the player I'd really want, but I don't think it is possible given how the Sabres fans talk about him.



Coburn has been terrible this season. If there is a chance to buy low, then sure. With how ugly their defense is, I doubt that possibility exists.
Sekera just seems to fit us so well. Only makes 1.75 the next two (TWO!) years. Young. Makes the list of better breakout passers in the NHL. Plays big minutes. Sure, it would be tough to get him. Just saying that everytime I read advanced stats, he just keeps jumping out at me as "The Guy" we could really use for a multitude of reasons.

No to Coburn. He has been brutal this year. I have absolutely zero desire to trade for him anymore.

BadgersandBlues is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 08:40 PM
  #254
BadgersandBlues
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 658
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesman91 View Post
He has shown though he is a top pairing defenseman. If we are going to go after a defenseman these are the ones I prefer. I don't think any LHD contract is a concern to Stillman as he has said he is willing to put money into this team in order to make it win. Selling off the Rivermen will allow him to be able to spend more money towards the team.

Yandle
Bouwmeester
Giordono
Sekera
I would go:

Yandle

Sekera








Bowmeester








Giordano

and it's not even that close.

BadgersandBlues is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 09:10 PM
  #255
Oberyn
Prince of Dorne
 
Oberyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,742
vCash: 500
I would be extremely hesitant to trade our 1st this year with the current state of our team. Lots of good centers in this draft who I would be interested in, and unless we're trading our pick for a young center with potential, I'd rather we keep it.

Oberyn is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 09:31 PM
  #256
STLBLUES44
LehteraschwenkSHoW
 
STLBLUES44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,570
vCash: 500
getting bouwmeester is just dumb financially atleast seems dumb in my eyes. i have a feeling petro is getting 6.5 mill at the very least, shatty with around 4ish, bergy around 3.5, stewart around 3.5-4, and then whoever else we need to sign. I don't know everything about where our budget is and how much money were able/ willing to spend but for a team that's not in a "large" market that seems like to many highly priced players. i feel like we would have to trade Halak for cap relief and see if allen can take the reigns and be the next franchise goalie with elliott backing him up. Idk someone with more knowledge like P9 or someone can you tell me how i'm hopefully wrong?. thanks

STLBLUES44 is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 09:35 PM
  #257
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!
 
bleedblue1223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 23,296
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLBLUES44 View Post
getting bouwmeester is just dumb financially atleast seems dumb in my eyes. i have a feeling petro is getting 6.5 mill at the very least, shatty with around 4ish, bergy around 3.5, stewart around 3.5-4, and then whoever else we need to sign. I don't know everything about where our budget is and how much money were able/ willing to spend but for a team that's not in a "large" market that seems like to many highly priced players. i feel like we would have to trade Halak for cap relief and see if allen can take the reigns and be the next franchise goalie with elliott backing him up. Idk someone with more knowledge like P9 or someone can you tell me how i'm hopefully wrong?. thanks
Bouwmeester's contract wouldn't work, that's why I said if Army believed he could make it work. We have no idea what the actual budget is or what it will be next season. His skill set is a fit, but like I said his contract isn't.

We'd have to either backload some contracts or move a player. Then Army would have to believe that we can resign him closer to 4 million. A lot would have to go right, which makes it not realistic.

We do know that we made offers to Carle and Garrison, so we should have room in the budget. We have been linked to Bouwmeester by multiple sources including JR, so it would make sense to believe that Army thinks he can make it work financially.


Last edited by bleedblue1223: 03-27-2013 at 09:40 PM.
bleedblue1223 is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 10:16 PM
  #258
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window
 
PocketNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Crested Butte, CO
Posts: 9,298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLBLUES44 View Post
getting bouwmeester is just dumb financially atleast seems dumb in my eyes. i have a feeling petro is getting 6.5 mill at the very least, shatty with around 4ish, bergy around 3.5, stewart around 3.5-4, and then whoever else we need to sign. I don't know everything about where our budget is and how much money were able/ willing to spend but for a team that's not in a "large" market that seems like to many highly priced players. i feel like we would have to trade Halak for cap relief and see if allen can take the reigns and be the next franchise goalie with elliott backing him up. Idk someone with more knowledge like P9 or someone can you tell me how i'm hopefully wrong?. thanks
I have always been adamantly against Bouwmeester so I will not be the one explaining to you that it can work.

PocketNines is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 10:25 PM
  #259
CarvinSigX
Meh
 
CarvinSigX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: The IL Side
Country: United States
Posts: 9,419
vCash: 500
Trade this year's first? No thanks...Unless it's for someone VERY good. God forbid this team misses the playoffs and wins the lottery...

CarvinSigX is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 10:35 PM
  #260
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!
 
bleedblue1223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 23,296
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarvinSigX View Post
Trade this year's first? No thanks...Unless it's for someone VERY good. God forbid this team misses the playoffs and wins the lottery...
I want Gauthier, and if we don't win the Cup, we should be in a position to get him.

bleedblue1223 is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 11:06 PM
  #261
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!
 
bleedblue1223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 23,296
vCash: 50
If Flames are going into full rebuild mode, I hope Giordano is available.

Sounds like Iginla to Boston and JayBo to Detroit, and I am fine with that.

bleedblue1223 is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 11:47 PM
  #262
Bluesman91
Registered User
 
Bluesman91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 5,485
vCash: 500
In a perfect world where star players could be traded. Where every sky has a double rainbow and it rains lollipops. I would do something such as Perron+Backes+Stewart/Oshie+1st 2014+1st 2015+Rattie for Malkin+Kennedy

McDonald-Malkin-Tarasenko
Steen-Berglund-Oshie/Stewart
Schwartz-Sobotka-Porter
Cracknell-Nichol-Reaves

Kunitz-Crosby-Stewart/Oshie
Perron-Backes-Neal

But dreams are for kids

Bluesman91 is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 11:50 PM
  #263
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!
 
bleedblue1223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 23,296
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesman91 View Post
In a perfect world where star players could be traded. Where every sky has a double rainbow and it rains lollipops. I would do something such as Perron+Backes+Stewart/Oshie+1st 2014+1st 2015+Rattie for Malkin+Kennedy

McDonald-Malkin-Tarasenko
Steen-Berglund-Oshie/Stewart
Schwartz-Sobotka-Porter
Cracknell-Nichol-Reaves

Kunitz-Crosby-Stewart/Oshie
Perron-Backes-Neal

But dreams are for kids
That's why there is NHL 13, where everyone but Crosby is attainable. Seriously has anyone traded for Crosby?

bleedblue1223 is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 11:51 PM
  #264
Bluesman91
Registered User
 
Bluesman91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 5,485
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
That's why there is NHL 13, where everyone but Crosby is attainable. Seriously has anyone traded for Crosby?
Ovechkin for Crosby

Bluesman91 is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 12:00 AM
  #265
TheOrganist
Don't Call Him Alex
 
TheOrganist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,913
vCash: 500
Jim Matheson just floated that Perron is available for a defenseman. First time I've actually seen that reported by a respected journalist. Could be some fireworks before the deadline after all.

TheOrganist is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 12:21 AM
  #266
BlueDream
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 8,310
vCash: 500
And Iginla is gone to Boston.

Oh boy, here we go. Let the Calgary firesale begin! It's about time they made the right choice.

BlueDream is online now  
Old
03-28-2013, 12:22 AM
  #267
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!
 
bleedblue1223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 23,296
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOrganist View Post
Jim Matheson just floated that Perron is available for a defenseman. First time I've actually seen that reported by a respected journalist. Could be some fireworks before the deadline after all.
Must be after someone good. Should be interesting.

bleedblue1223 is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 12:25 AM
  #268
Bluesman91
Registered User
 
Bluesman91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 5,485
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Must be after someone good. Should be interesting.
If Perron is going somewhere it better involve Yandle. Anything less is overpayment.

Bluesman91 is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 12:35 AM
  #269
fcpremix88
Registered User
 
fcpremix88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Tampa
Country: United States
Posts: 2,896
vCash: 500
Instead of going for a homerun, I think Streit would be a good pickup.

fcpremix88 is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 12:44 AM
  #270
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!
 
bluemandan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDream View Post
And Iginla is gone to Boston.

Oh boy, here we go. Let the Calgary firesale begin! It's about time they made the right choice.
They are only about two years too late.

bluemandan is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 12:45 AM
  #271
Bluesman91
Registered User
 
Bluesman91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 5,485
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcpremix88 View Post
Instead of going for a homerun, I think Streit would be a good pickup.
As log as we don't give up anything of value for him.

Bluesman91 is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 01:11 AM
  #272
BlueDream
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 8,310
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemandan View Post
They are only about two years too late.
Pretty much, and just as I said they made the "right choice" it now looks like a horrendous package they are getting in returning. Dear lord.

BlueDream is online now  
Old
03-28-2013, 01:32 AM
  #273
BlueDream
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 8,310
vCash: 500
LOL at this. He got traded to Pittsburgh instead.

BlueDream is online now  
Old
03-28-2013, 01:34 AM
  #274
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You
 
MattyMo35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO
Country: United States
Posts: 8,663
vCash: 500
Such a bizarre day. There were so many reporters, most of whom are quite respected, that were saying it was a done deal to Boston. Now he's going to Pittsburgh. That's a deadly team. Pitt stole Morrow and Iggy from Boston. They are really going for it.

MattyMo35 is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 01:37 AM
  #275
CarvinSigX
Meh
 
CarvinSigX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: The IL Side
Country: United States
Posts: 9,419
vCash: 500
Pittsburgh is going to be a tough team.

CarvinSigX is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:15 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.