HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blues Trade Proposals - Part 5

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-09-2013, 05:29 PM
  #751
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!
 
bleedblue1223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 23,761
vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
Halak.
Allen or Elliott will have to prove it down the stretch and in the playoffs before Halak is moved.

I still think Berglund would be moved and Sobotka/Lehtera would be the 3rd line center.

bleedblue1223 is offline  
Old
04-09-2013, 05:35 PM
  #752
JustOneB4IDie
Everyone Overpayment
 
JustOneB4IDie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: St. Louis MO
Country: United States
Posts: 3,511
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
Halak.
That would be a start.

JustOneB4IDie is offline  
Old
04-09-2013, 05:38 PM
  #753
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!
 
bleedblue1223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 23,761
vCash: 130
Who would be perfect is Spezza. He is paid 5 million next season and 4 million the season after. Too bad he gets hurt all the time.

bleedblue1223 is offline  
Old
04-09-2013, 05:42 PM
  #754
CarvinSigX
Meh
 
CarvinSigX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: The IL Side
Country: United States
Posts: 9,892
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Who would be perfect is Spezza. He is paid 5 million next season and 4 million the season after. Too bad he gets hurt all the time.
Yep. Ottawa will have to move someone will all of their youth coming in. Maybe even Turris.

CarvinSigX is offline  
Old
04-09-2013, 05:43 PM
  #755
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!
 
bleedblue1223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 23,761
vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarvinSigX View Post
Yep. Ottawa will have to move someone will all of their youth coming in. Maybe even Turris.
Turris is overrated. Backes would still draw the top defenders.

bleedblue1223 is offline  
Old
04-09-2013, 05:45 PM
  #756
HooliganX2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6,505
vCash: 500
Most of the names being thrown around are questionable upgrades at best that you guys are willing to way over pay for. Here I am agreeing with P9 again but really we may be better off at looking at the guys on the free agent market that are the same class of guys you want to trade for.

HooliganX2 is offline  
Old
04-09-2013, 05:46 PM
  #757
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!
 
bleedblue1223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 23,761
vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
Most of the names being thrown around are questionable upgrades at best that you guys are willing to way over pay for.
You are overrating Berglund quite a bit then.

bleedblue1223 is offline  
Old
04-09-2013, 05:54 PM
  #758
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window
 
PocketNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Crested Butte, CO
Posts: 9,298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
Most of the names being thrown around are questionable upgrades at best that you guys are willing to way over pay for. Here I am agreeing with P9 again but really we may be better off at looking at the guys on the free agent market that are the same class of guys you want to trade for.
come over to the dark side

PocketNines is offline  
Old
04-09-2013, 05:58 PM
  #759
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!
 
bleedblue1223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 23,761
vCash: 130
The free agent market, Roy, Weiss, and Ribeiro are all basically the same quality of the potential trade market. Money wise I don't think we stand a chance based on what teams usually overpay for in free agency what the reported demands were of those 3. Those centers are comparable to what the defensive market was last season with Garrison and Carle.

Signing one of them and moving Berglund for futures would be ideal though to keep the prospect pool flowing. Lehtera can come over and be an offensive 3rd line center and if he busts, Sobotka can do it.

If Elliott or Allen take the #1 job, then we can move Halak and Berglund, keep Perron and Stewart.

bleedblue1223 is offline  
Old
04-09-2013, 06:18 PM
  #760
Celtic Note
Not in Ferguson
 
Celtic Note's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 9,167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
come over to the dark side
Is there good beer there?

Celtic Note is offline  
Old
04-09-2013, 06:23 PM
  #761
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window
 
PocketNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Crested Butte, CO
Posts: 9,298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtic Note View Post
Is there good beer there?
No but our motto is "it's 4:20 somewhere"

PocketNines is offline  
Old
04-09-2013, 06:24 PM
  #762
HooliganX2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6,505
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
The free agent market, Roy, Weiss, and Ribeiro are all basically the same quality of the potential trade market. Money wise I don't think we stand a chance based on what teams usually overpay for in free agency what the reported demands were of those 3. Those centers are comparable to what the defensive market was last season with Garrison and Carle.

Signing one of them and moving Berglund for futures would be ideal though to keep the prospect pool flowing. Lehtera can come over and be an offensive 3rd line center and if he busts, Sobotka can do it.

If Elliott or Allen take the #1 job, then we can move Halak and Berglund, keep Perron and Stewart.
It will really be an interesting offseason with the cap coming down. I really don't know what to expect some of the players to get. It could be huge overpayments or they could actually go for reasonable contracts now. It seems like no one wanted the Luongo contract or that matter not many team wanted the Jbow contract.

HooliganX2 is offline  
Old
04-09-2013, 06:29 PM
  #763
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window
 
PocketNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Crested Butte, CO
Posts: 9,298
vCash: 500
It'll be something as simple as signing Weiss or a hockey trade but still needing the data point of who performs in this postseason. What won't change is the need, what might change is which winger is deemed expendable as part of a package.

PocketNines is offline  
Old
04-09-2013, 06:31 PM
  #764
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!
 
bleedblue1223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 23,761
vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
It will really be an interesting offseason with the cap coming down. I really don't know what to expect some of the players to get. It could be huge overpayments or they could actually go for reasonable contracts now. It seems like no one wanted the Luongo contract or that matter not many team wanted the Jbow contract.
True, maybe everything is kind of balanced again. If we could get one of them in the 4.5-5 million range, I would be very happy about it, unfortunately, I think they will demand and get more than that.

bleedblue1223 is offline  
Old
04-09-2013, 06:44 PM
  #765
HooliganX2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6,505
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
True, maybe everything is kind of balanced again. If we could get one of them in the 4.5-5 million range, I would be very happy about it, unfortunately, I think they will demand and get more than that.
It's going to be tough to predict much right now. After the playoffs we should have a clearer idea about what our RFAs will be getting. Also a good playoff run may dramatically increase our budget. JBow may have been the move we really needed to put us over the top.

Also with Lehtera who know he may be able to come over and actually be an impact player. I really have a hard time predicting much of what we should do until after the season is over to see where our team stands. I'll fully trust Armstrong in regards to Lehtera on if he believes he can have an impact in the NHL.

We know Armstrong will do his best to put the best team on the ice as possible next year. There are 3 pretty good UFA centers this year but not great ones. Also it's hard to predict who will be available this offseason for trade. Maybe we will have the budget to make a move for Statsny and get him for a good deal like we got Jbow due to his contract.

HooliganX2 is offline  
Old
04-09-2013, 07:08 PM
  #766
Celtic Note
Not in Ferguson
 
Celtic Note's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 9,167
vCash: 500
Seems like there will be a lot of bartering room on Armstrong's end based on the fact that this is a shortened season and the team in many ways under-performed.

Celtic Note is offline  
Old
04-09-2013, 07:09 PM
  #767
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!
 
bleedblue1223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 23,761
vCash: 130
I could even see Army signing Shatty at 4 million.

bleedblue1223 is offline  
Old
04-09-2013, 07:17 PM
  #768
HooliganX2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6,505
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
I could even see Army signing Shatty at 4 million.
I really hope so. Pietrangelo and Shattenkirk worry me the most about contracts. I'd love to get Pietrangelo to sign a Karlsson like contract. For some reason I thought Karlsson had a cheaper contract. I retract that I would hope for 5.5million to 6.5million range.

HooliganX2 is offline  
Old
04-09-2013, 07:20 PM
  #769
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!
 
bleedblue1223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 23,761
vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
I really hope so. Pietrangelo and Shattenkirk worry me the most about contracts. I'd love to get Pietrangelo to sign a Karlsson like contract. For some reason I thought Karlsson had a cheaper contract. I retract that I would hope for 5.5million to 6.5million range.
I think Pietrangelo gets 6 and Shatty gets 4 now that his production has dropped off.

bleedblue1223 is offline  
Old
04-09-2013, 09:29 PM
  #770
Thallis
DO I LOOK ANGRY
 
Thallis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Behind Blue Eyes
Country: United States
Posts: 4,031
vCash: 499
Send a message via MSN to Thallis
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
The free agent market, Roy, Weiss, and Ribeiro are all basically the same quality of the potential trade market. Money wise I don't think we stand a chance based on what teams usually overpay for in free agency what the reported demands were of those 3. Those centers are comparable to what the defensive market was last season with Garrison and Carle.

Signing one of them and moving Berglund for futures would be ideal though to keep the prospect pool flowing. Lehtera can come over and be an offensive 3rd line center and if he busts, Sobotka can do it.

If Elliott or Allen take the #1 job, then we can move Halak and Berglund, keep Perron and Stewart.
Why are you so eager to move our second leading goal scorer? If he's traded for an upgrade fine, but it doesn't make much sense to trade Berglund for futures.

Thallis is offline  
Old
04-09-2013, 09:58 PM
  #771
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!
 
bleedblue1223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 23,761
vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thallis View Post
Why are you so eager to move our second leading goal scorer? If he's traded for an upgrade fine, but it doesn't make much sense to trade Berglund for futures.
We would have signed Roy, Weiss, or Ribeiro in that scenario.

bleedblue1223 is offline  
Old
04-09-2013, 11:16 PM
  #772
Mike Liut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,996
vCash: 50
A deep playoff would increase the team budget, but a deep playoff run might increase some players worth if they excel.

Mike Liut is online now  
Old
04-09-2013, 11:52 PM
  #773
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!
 
bluemandan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,697
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
No but our motto is "it's 4:20 somewhere"

bluemandan is offline  
Old
04-10-2013, 12:35 AM
  #774
Thallis
DO I LOOK ANGRY
 
Thallis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Behind Blue Eyes
Country: United States
Posts: 4,031
vCash: 499
Send a message via MSN to Thallis
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
We would have signed Roy, Weiss, or Ribeiro in that scenario.
Don't people want to make Berglund the 3C?

Thallis is offline  
Old
04-10-2013, 01:37 AM
  #775
Oberyn
Prince of Dorne
 
Oberyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,127
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thallis View Post
Don't people want to make Berglund the 3C?
Personally, I'm content with leaving Sobotka as the 3C. He's got a very underrated offensive game, he controls the puck along the boards with more strength than Berglund. Whenever I see Sobi going one hand on his stick and fighting off defenders I'm confident he'll retain possession of the puck. Honestly can't say the same for Berglund which is quite sad considering his huge frame.

Oberyn is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:41 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.