HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blues Trade Proposals - Part 5

Closed Thread

Old
04-24-2013, 05:32 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 50
Regarding Lehtera: I think there's hope there, but I don't see the Blues moving players out of the line-up in advance of him establishing himself as an NHL player. He could make a player trade-expendable next season, but not this off-season.

Old
04-24-2013, 05:35 PM
Hooliganx3

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
Wow, there have to be people who think Allen will be on the NHL roster and have to be people who think Berglund will be part of a trade. I can understand the center thing being unanimous but I feel like I've detected differing opinions on the others. I genuinely don't know on Allen and I would say yes to the other two. I'm asking it now because whenever the Blues get knocked out there will be anger at that goalie, and if only one of the other goalies were in the Blues wouldn't have lost, natch. And that goalie folks are angry at will likely be one of Elliott or Halak and people will demand he be gone and they'll pencil Allen in as the NHL backup. Also the consideration that the Wolves aren't likely going to house two Blues goalies and Binnington's done with juniors ...
I wouldn't be surprised if we move Halak depending on our budget next season and the RFA signings. He really doesn't play enough for us to pay him what he will be making. I'm actually someone who has supported Halak pretty much but if we can win a couple rounds in the playoffs with Elliott no real point in keeping Halak. I am perfectly happy with Allen as our backup next season.

It's crazy how much things change as I was ready to dump Elliott on waivers earlier.

Old
04-24-2013, 05:59 PM
puckerdude10

Recently looking on the trade boards it seems Dallas fans think Erikson may be expendable. I know center is our priority but if we could not find a suitable fit would anyone consider a Perron + for Erikson swap. Yes the wings are our strength but I personally think Erikson is a better more well rounded player and would add another shooting threat. We would add a 400,000 in payroll and change but personally I think it would give our offense a slight boost. What do you guys think?

Old
04-24-2013, 06:04 PM
superblues
:sarcasm: implied

Quote:
QUESTIONS / quick answers so we can get a rough tally:

1. AHL or NHL, where does Jake Allen start the season next year?

2. Yes or no, do you agree with the statement: "The highest priority position to upgrade in the offseason is center."

3. Yes or no, Patrik Berglund will be on the Blues next year.
1. AHL
2. Yes
3. Yes, he scored a goal last night. The Blues can't trade someone who just scored.

I could waffle on any of these points with a moderately convincing argument.

Old
04-24-2013, 06:06 PM
Alklha

vCash: 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Minute Minor View Post
From what I've seen of Armstrong, and the fact that the Blues held onto Elliott when it would have been more convenient to expose him to waivers or trade him, I think they have a similar mindset with Halak. The end of the season (including playoffs) remains to be seen...but I think the current goalies probably play out their contracts in place, with Allen as the heir apparent for one of those spots the year after. Yes, I could see Halak traded, I just think its less likely.
The situation with Elliott was a little awkward though. Had we waived him, then we'd only have had Halák, Allen and McKenna. Any injury to Halák or Allen could have destroyed the season, and sure enough Halák ended up getting injured.

Armstrong sees Halák as the starter, and Elliott has earned his place again... so, as you say, all about playoff performance and next season for them now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Minute Minor View Post
Regarding Lehtera: I think there's hope there, but I don't see the Blues moving players out of the line-up in advance of him establishing himself as an NHL player. He could make a player trade-expendable next season, but not this off-season.
We need Lehterä over just to give us our 4 centres. As you said in your other post, knowing Sobotka is capable in the top 9 is great, but he should be starting as the #4C next season. Lehterä makes nobody expendable, just fills a need. Even if Berglund was moved during next season, we'd need another centre coming back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckerdude10 View Post
Recently looking on the trade boards it seems Dallas fans think Erikson may be expendable. I know center is our priority but if we could not find a suitable fit would anyone consider a Perron + for Erikson swap. Yes the wings are our strength but I personally think Erikson is a better more well rounded player and would add another shooting threat. We would add a 400,000 in payroll and change but personally I think it would give our offense a slight boost. What do you guys think?
Why would they consider that? Unless the + is Berglund, then it doesn't really fill their needs. Eriksson is a great player on a great contract, if he was available then 29 teams would be really interested.

Old
04-24-2013, 07:32 PM
Bluesman91

Goaltending situation relies on entirely how Elliott and Halak do in the playoffs. The first one to blow it, is gone in the off-season.

Old
04-24-2013, 08:34 PM
nicholas89alex

Quote:
yeah ill take the most underrated player in hockey for perron and a prospect

Old
04-24-2013, 08:48 PM
Falco Lombardi
AKA Dolph Ziggler

vCash: 103
Quote:
Remember how people reacted earlier to Jay Bo for N. Schultz + 2nd?

Stars fans would react similarly and rightfully so.

Old
04-24-2013, 09:05 PM
Thallis
"more effort"

vCash: 499
Quote:
Wow, there have to be people who think Allen will be on the NHL roster and have to be people who think Berglund will be part of a trade. I can understand the center thing being unanimous but I feel like I've detected differing opinions on the others. I genuinely don't know on Allen and I would say yes to the other two. I'm asking it now because whenever the Blues get knocked out there will be anger at that goalie, and if only one of the other goalies were in the Blues wouldn't have lost, natch. And that goalie folks are angry at will likely be one of Elliott or Halak and people will demand he be gone and they'll pencil Allen in as the NHL backup. Also the consideration that the Wolves aren't likely going to house two Blues goalies and Binnington's done with juniors ...
I think with the way both Allen and Elliott finished the season, Army's going to want him getting more starts in the AHL over a backup position. I don't think they're ready to give up on Jaro yet. I think if he does get traded, it would be next year after a disappointing start/stretch. I'm a big Bergie fan and always have been, I just figure that he'll have a good playoffs and make everyone quiet down about trading him like what usually happens (sans playoffs obviously) when everyone wants to trade him.

Old
04-24-2013, 09:09 PM
Bluesman91

So after 3 seasons with the Blues. If Jaro was healthy, do you believe he could play EVERY game it took for us to win a cup? No he can't even play half of that kind of stretch in the regular season. I don't want him here, he doesn't give this team the best chance at the cup.

Old
04-24-2013, 09:24 PM
Falco Lombardi
AKA Dolph Ziggler

vCash: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesman91 View Post
So after 3 seasons with the Blues. If Jaro was healthy, do you believe he could play EVERY game it took for us to win a cup? No he can't even play half of that kind of stretch in the regular season. I don't want him here, he doesn't give this team the best chance at the cup.
Yes I think he could.

Old
04-24-2013, 09:57 PM
puckerdude10

Quote:

Today 08:34 PM
I completly agree and that is how I would react if Erikson was my player. I have just been surprised how many stars fans are open to trading him right now. I thought with Perron and picks and prospects we could make a pitch. Doubt anything would actually ever happen but would love to know his value. I guess Im a little shocked by the way the Dallas fans have been talking about him lately and I wanted to think outside the box a bit to try and improve the team.

Old
04-24-2013, 10:04 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesman91 View Post
I think he could. He needs to be healthy, but he has a higher gear in post-season play...at least that's what I believe. Frankly, if Elliott falters I wouldn't be shocked if Halak came in and surprised some people, going on a legendary run. But right now its Elliott's job and Halak is just going to be an emergency back-up whose probably too rusty to make any difference.

Old
04-25-2013, 12:43 AM
BadgersandBlues

I think AHL, Yes, Yes.

1) I think the only way we move Halak is if it's to a team as part of a quantity for quality trade where we get a really really good Center in return. I'm telling you, Florida needs an NHL goalie something fierce. I've watched 10-15 Panthers' games this year (Huberdeau is my dream) and Markstrom isn't ready. They need someone for 2-3 years while Markstrom gets his game to the NHL level. (For comparison, Allen is MILES ahead of him right now) That being said, Halak is probably at the bottom of his value right now. Armstrong usually doesn't move players at that time when looking at his history. I see us holding on to him unless someone like Florida offers us the moon. Binnington starts the season in the ECHL, unless the Wolves are so impressed by Allen's stint in the NHL this year they decide to keep on both goalies. Not the worst thing in the world for Binnington to play one season in the ECHL, it's pretty obvious we won't keep both of Halak/Elliott after next season as Allen is ready for an NHL job at that point and Binnington moves up to the AHL.

2) I think that Center is the only real position we need an upgrade. Defense and Goalie seem pretty obviously set for next season and we have more Wingers then we know what to do with. An off-season with NHL experience for Tarasenko, Schwartz, Jaskin et. al, not to mention Rattie has for the last couple of years come to STL and worked with Ayotte, plus a full training camp and pre-season will do wonders for those kids. If Lethera comes over as well, we're pretty much stocked on depth everywhere except we need that true #1 C.

3) I say yes for two reasons. A) He's still young, and my GOD does he show that when he moves his god damn feet, uses his body, and fires pucks at the net, he can be a super effective hockey player. His issue, as it has always been, is consistency. B) As I said before, Armstrong doesn't move players when their value is low. Right now I feel like Berglund's value is pretty low. Unless he has a MONSTER play-offs, I see us signing him to a 1 year prove-it contract a' la Oshie and making a "final" decision on him during next year.

I don't want Stastny or Thornton. I want someone from Ottawa or Florida.

Last edited by Celtic Note: 04-25-2013 at 07:04 PM. Reason: Keep it clean
Old
04-25-2013, 09:13 AM
Vladys Gumption
Global Moderator
Colt55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falco Lombardi View Post

No the reaction wouldn't be that bad. Nick Schultz is a pylon. Would they still say no? Absolutely. But Perron is a much more valuable piece than Nick freaking Schultz.

Old
04-25-2013, 06:01 PM
MarleauApologist
#FireDougWilson

I think Thornton for Perron and one of 1stRdPick/Rattie/Schwartz, and a 2nd round pick is great for both sides. You guys agree on this?

Old
04-25-2013, 06:06 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great 88 View Post
I think Thornton for Perron and one of 1stRdPick/Rattie/Schwartz, and a 2nd round pick is great for both sides. You guys agree on this?
No .

Old
04-25-2013, 06:07 PM
EastonBlues22
Mod Supervisor
Team ϶(°o°)ϵ

Quote:
For one year of Thornton? I can't see the Blues doing that from a value standpoint.

Old
04-25-2013, 06:22 PM
bleedblue1223
Fire Army

Quote:
Nope.

Old
04-25-2013, 06:30 PM
Lord Helix
CarvinSigX

vCash: 200
Quote:
Do you kiss your mother with that mouth? Look at what past veterans have fetched in trades. Starting out with Perron is nicer than any trade I can think of as far as established talent.

Old
04-25-2013, 06:42 PM
bleedblue1223
Fire Army

If Perron is being used as the main piece for Thornton, then Schwartz, Rattie, or a 1st won't be the additional piece. Jaskin won't be used as well.

Old
04-25-2013, 07:23 PM
MarleauApologist
#FireDougWilson

What about if JT is traded at half salary, or traded with an extension attached?

Old
04-26-2013, 03:59 PM
bluesfan94
#PetroforNorris

Quote:
What about if JT is traded at half salary, or traded with an extension attached?
For one year I don't think half-salary will be that valuable. An extension is iffy, because he is getting older.

Old
04-26-2013, 08:03 PM
BlueNote57

I still wouldn't mind the Halak+ for Ryan Miller trade. I think he could do great things with the Blues' stingy defensive system. As long as the + isn't too much.

As far as JT goes ... It wouldn't be terrible as we need a playmaker, but I don't think we would be able to financially keep a couple of our key RFAs. Also, I just don't like him. ;P

Old
04-26-2013, 08:11 PM
bluesfan94
#PetroforNorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNote57 View Post
I still wouldn't mind the Halak+ for Ryan Miller trade. I think he could do great things with the Blues' stingy defensive system. As long as the + isn't too much.

As far as JT goes ... It wouldn't be terrible as we need a playmaker, but I don't think we would be able to financially keep a couple of our key RFAs. Also, I just don't like him. ;P
Assuming we traded Perron to get JT, we'd be dandy if Stillman is willing to spend near the cap for one year, and Armstrong does as he normally does.

Closed Thread