HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Max Talbot Available

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-21-2013, 02:57 PM
  #26
TorstenFrings
wieder zuhause!!!
 
TorstenFrings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Germany
Posts: 3,577
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL17 View Post
Does Pittsburgh get in on this???
Probably not. They didn't like that deal for him then and it goes on for several more years. Plus as nice as some hustle and depth scoring are, the supply of players like Talbot should be good enough to avoid dealing with PHI. If he was any good at faceoffs, I could see him be a real hot deadline commodity. He isn't though.

TorstenFrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 02:58 PM
  #27
NeedleInTheHay
Registered User
 
NeedleInTheHay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,182
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
I shudder to think what Holmgren would want from Pittsburgh for Talbot.
I wouldn't want him back for free honestly, he was horrible his last year in Pitt.

3 more years of almost 2 million for a 4th liner? no thanks

NeedleInTheHay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 02:58 PM
  #28
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline
 
CS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lumberton, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 13,997
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs87 View Post
What would the price be on Meszaros ?
In order of Flyers wants for anyone:

High-end defensive prospects
1st round picks
Decent defensive prospects
2nd round picks

Not saying what Meszaros could fetch. Healthy, he's easily worth a 1st. He's not healthy though.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 03:01 PM
  #29
ramstoria
Registered User
 
ramstoria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sacramento
Country: United States
Posts: 903
vCash: 500
Murray+ for Talbot?

Seems like just the kind of guy we need.

ramstoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 03:02 PM
  #30
tdadanny
Registered User
 
tdadanny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 91
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripod View Post
Maybe a Talbot-Coburn for Shatinkirk
no thank you.

tdadanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 03:03 PM
  #31
Luigi Lemieux
Registered User
 
Luigi Lemieux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 13,075
vCash: 500
Pens would've re-signed him themselves if they wanted him for that cap hit. Good heart and soul player, but still a fourth liner.

Luigi Lemieux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 03:03 PM
  #32
CarvinSigX
Registered User
 
CarvinSigX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Illinois
Country: United States
Posts: 7,929
vCash: 2616
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripod View Post
Maybe a Talbot-Coburn for Shatinkirk
I assume the smile is because you know how stupid the Blues would have to be to consider that.

CarvinSigX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 03:04 PM
  #33
day1devilsfan
Registered User
 
day1devilsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Interwebz of NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 408
vCash: 500
For Tallinder straight up! No take backs haha!

day1devilsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 03:06 PM
  #34
SnS
Mod Supervisor
 
SnS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 11,807
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramstoria View Post
Murray+ for Talbot?

Seems like just the kind of guy we need.

Too old, not the type of dman we need.


Quote:
Originally Posted by day1devilsfan View Post
For Tallinder straight up! No take backs haha!
..No.

__________________
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/nemesis15/SnS-Sig.gif

Props to Nemesis for the signature and avatar.
SnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 03:10 PM
  #35
ramstoria
Registered User
 
ramstoria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sacramento
Country: United States
Posts: 903
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0otnSc0re View Post
Too old, not the type of dman we need.


How about Braun? I think he's the one young d-man people on our board are willing to give up. Cap hits are pretty identical and he's signed for two more years.

ramstoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 03:12 PM
  #36
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline
 
CS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lumberton, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 13,997
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramstoria View Post
How about Braun? I think he's the one young d-man people on our board are willing to give up. Cap hits are pretty identical and he's signed for two more years.
These are not the defensemen we are looking for.

Anyway, we need young PMDs.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 03:12 PM
  #37
SnS
Mod Supervisor
 
SnS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 11,807
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramstoria View Post
How about Braun? I think he's the one young d-man people on our board are willing to give up. Cap hits are pretty identical and he's signed for two more years.
Don't know enough about him to comment on him.

SnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 03:12 PM
  #38
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window
 
PocketNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Crested Butte, CO
Posts: 9,298
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
In order of Flyers wants for anyone:

High-end defensive prospects
1st round picks
Decent defensive prospects
2nd round picks

Not saying what Meszaros could fetch. Healthy, he's easily worth a 1st. He's not healthy though.
Appreciate the prioritization. Most I could go is Fairchild (decent defensive prospect, PMD) and a 2d. Talbot really isn't some huge priority; it's well behind LHD and a scoring line center for us. He'd be a good addition in the playoffs but he's a complementary piece. Talking Talbot to Blues is mostly a thought exercise in what the value would be.

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 03:16 PM
  #39
ramstoria
Registered User
 
ramstoria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sacramento
Country: United States
Posts: 903
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
These are not the defensemen we are looking for.

Anyway, we need young PMDs.
For some reason our management hates Demers, even though we all love him. He's a pending RFA and it would not shock me in the least if he ended up getting traded before the deadline. I'd have mixed feelings about a Demers/Talbot deal.

ramstoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 03:17 PM
  #40
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline
 
CS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lumberton, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 13,997
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
Appreciate the prioritization. Most I could go is Fairchild (decent defensive prospect, PMD) and a 2d. Talbot really isn't some huge priority; it's well behind LHD and a scoring line center for us. He'd be a good addition in the playoffs but he's a complementary piece. Talking Talbot to Blues is mostly a thought exercise in what the value would be.
Fairchild seems to have regressed. Last year I would have considered it, but it doesn't seem like he's progressing very well.

Schmaltz and Cole are the guys I have interest in from your more touchable young blueline pieces.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 03:20 PM
  #41
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline
 
CS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lumberton, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 13,997
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramstoria View Post
For some reason our management hates Demers, even though we all love him. He's a pending RFA and it would not shock me in the least if he ended up getting traded before the deadline. I'd have mixed feelings about a Demers/Talbot deal.
What about something around Talbot + Meszaros for Demers + 2nd/3rd?

Demers is EXACTLY who we need.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 03:21 PM
  #42
SnS
Mod Supervisor
 
SnS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 11,807
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
What about something around Talbot + Meszaros for Demers + 2nd/3rd?

Demers is EXACTLY who we need.
I would LOVE Demers on our backend.

SnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 03:22 PM
  #43
BigHabs
Registered User
 
BigHabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,784
vCash: 500
Ryan White is a favorite of mine..... But Talbot would be a perfect complimenting player to complete our 4th line. PK, faceoffs guy.

With Armstrong off the books at years end and White added to the trade, we could accommodate Talbot's salary.

I would like to maybe offer a package of:

Ryan White
Yannick Weber
3rd round pick'13(Montreal)

For

Maxim Talbot
Eric Wellwood/Tye McGinn

Montreal completes the bottom 6 with 4th liners who can play 3rd line if need be. Philly has 2 RFAs and whether they re-sign them or not they save some cap space off of Talbot's which they will need going into the offseason.

BigHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 03:23 PM
  #44
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 13,133
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hero View Post
Sounds like they agree?
Sort of.

There's general agreement on Talbot's value as a player, but not on what it would cost to get him out of Philadelphia, considering that he isn't a UFA.

The presumption before was that the Flyers weren't shopping Talbot. If true, this report would seem to change that.

Jack de la Hoya is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 03:24 PM
  #45
I Am Number 28
Registered User
 
I Am Number 28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 116
vCash: 500
Mez + 1st round draft pick
for
Shatty

I Am Number 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 03:25 PM
  #46
Pens1566
Registered User
 
Pens1566's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: WV
Country: United States
Posts: 11,613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeDude View Post
He was pretty much run out of town when he was playing for half the cost he is now.

No.
Not that I recall. He basically priced himself out of what Shero was willing to pay him.

Pens1566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 03:25 PM
  #47
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline
 
CS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lumberton, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 13,997
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peso View Post
Ryan White is a favorite of mine..... But Talbot would be a perfect complimenting player to complete our 4th line. PK, faceoffs guy.

With Armstrong off the books at years end and White added to the trade, we could accommodate Talbot's salary.

I would like to maybe offer a package of:

Ryan White
Yannick Weber
3rd round pick'13(Montreal)

For

Maxim Talbot
Eric Wellwood/Tye McGinn

Montreal completes the bottom 6 with 4th liners who can play 3rd line if need be. Philly has 2 RFAs and whether they re-sign them or not they save some cap space off of Talbot's which they will need going into the offseason.
I'd rather get Thrower than a package of White + Weber + 3rd.

We don't really need/want White either honestly. It's probably better if we stick to defensive prospects.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 03:25 PM
  #48
SolidSnakeUS
Registered User
 
SolidSnakeUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pipersville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 29,396
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Number 28 View Post
Mez + 1st round draft pick
for
Shatty
Noooo. Especially if we do still suck it up and become last overall, we'd have a great chance to get Jones.

Not saying Shatty is bad (he's awesome), just the thought of possibly getting Jones is pretty awesome.

SolidSnakeUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 03:25 PM
  #49
SnS
Mod Supervisor
 
SnS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 11,807
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peso View Post
Ryan White is a favorite of mine..... But Talbot would be a perfect complimenting player to complete our 4th line. PK, faceoffs guy.

With Armstrong off the books at years end and White added to the trade, we could accommodate Talbot's salary.

I would like to maybe offer a package of:

Ryan White
Yannick Weber
3rd round pick'13(Montreal)

For

Maxim Talbot
Eric Wellwood/Tye McGinn

Montreal completes the bottom 6 with 4th liners who can play 3rd line if need be. Philly has 2 RFAs and whether they re-sign them or not they save some cap space off of Talbot's which they will need going into the offseason.
Philly says, No.


Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Number 28 View Post
Mez + 1st round draft pick
for
Shatty

StL says go jump in a lake.

SnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 03:26 PM
  #50
I Am Number 28
Registered User
 
I Am Number 28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 116
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Noooo. Especially if we do still suck it up and become last overall, we'd have a great chance to get Jones.
I don't see it happening. And I don't see us being top 3 either. So with that notion in mind, you still say no to a PP QB like Shatty?

I Am Number 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:31 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.