HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Max Talbot Available

Old
03-21-2013, 05:53 PM
Esq.

vCash: 500
Before Gagne arrived back in Philly, Talbot was absolutely awful. He's started to put up some nice numbers since he's been playing more with Gagne, though. Ultimately, I'd deal him for the low price of one 2nd round pick. Laughton and McGinn will be ready to fill the holes in our bottom six next year.

Gagne* - Couturier - Read
McGinn - Laughton - Rinaldo

* if re-signed

We don't really need Talbot next year, and he isn't going to help us this year in the playoffs considering we probably won't be in them.

96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 05:59 PM
Zbynek

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL17 View Post
Does Pittsburgh get in on this???
Talbot was absolutely horrid last time he was wearing a Penguins sweater.

Zero chance we have any interest now, especially now that he makes 1.8mil

Zbynek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 06:03 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zbynek View Post
Talbot was absolutely horrid last time he was wearing a Penguins sweater.

Zero chance we have any interest now, especially now that he makes 1.8mil
You're leaving out the major elephant in the room here. These two teams would never help one another out for a playoff run.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 06:09 PM
Sour Shoes
lol u mad cam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
You're leaving out the major elephant in the room here. These two teams would never help one another out for a playoff run.
gotta agree here.

Sour Shoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 06:36 PM
dillyboy93

Chimera for Talbot?

dillyboy93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 06:38 PM
DBU
Gotta Go Fast

vCash: 50
Would take him on the Flames in a heartbeat. I love Talbot. Maybe he could be a part in a trade that sends Bouwmeester to Philly?

DBU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 06:45 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBU View Post
Would take him on the Flames in a heartbeat. I love Talbot. Maybe he could be a part in a trade that sends Bouwmeester to Philly?
Meszaros + Talbot + 35th overall + Cousins?

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 06:48 PM
DBU
Gotta Go Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Admittedly I don't know who Cousins is, and I'm assuming the 35th is... Columbus' pick?

Old
03-21-2013, 06:48 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Admittedly I don't know who Cousins is, and I'm assuming the 35th is... Columbus' pick?
Check the standings. The Flyers are that bad.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 06:51 PM
Jules Winnfield
I gives no ****s!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
You must've forgot about the Tocchet trade.

Jules Winnfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 06:53 PM
DBU
Gotta Go Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
Check the standings. The Flyers are that bad.
My bad. Well I mean it sounds like a fair enough deal. Mesz would have to come back regardless for salary reasons. Again, I don't know Cousins, but a quick Google search says he's probably a future third line center? And again, I love Talbot.

Yeah I'd do it if there weren't any better offers honestly. The 2nd round pick is basically a late first which is what I would normally expect from Philly anyways.

Old
03-21-2013, 06:53 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
There's no way the Flyers should even consider giving that up for Jay Bo-overrated.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 06:57 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Our pick is likely to be 35th overall, and Cousins is a feisty 5'10 forward for the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds of the OHL who has dropped 103 points in 64 games this season (3rd in OHL scoring) as a 19-year-old. He was drafted by the Flyers in the 3rd round of 2011 and has a basement of 4th line pest plus minor scoring with a ceiling of second line scoring center/winger with speed and an edge to his game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
There's no way the Flyers should even consider giving that up for Jay Bo-overrated.
Then take out Cousins or the 35th overall.

I thought the deal was pretty fair.

We don't lose Laughton, Couturier, or our 1st and still get a minute-logging defenseman. It allows us to potentially ship Coburn out for a big-time PMD or package him to get a true #1 defenseman.

Or keep him, trade Laughton+ for Gardiner. Pray for Drouin in the first round .

Hartnell - Giroux - Voracek
Simmonds - Schenn - Read
McGinn - Couturier - Drouin
Rinaldo - Holmstrom - Gagne

Bouwmeester - Coburn
Timonen - Schenn
Gardiner - Grossmann

Bryzgalov
Leighton

Last edited by CS: 03-21-2013 at 07:04 PM.
CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 06:58 PM
DBU
Gotta Go Fast

Quote:
Our pick is likely to be 35th overall, and Cousins is a feisty 5'10 forward for the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds of the OHL who has dropped 103 points in 64 games this season (3rd in OHL scoring) as a 19-year-old. He was drafted by the Flyers in the 3rd round of 2011 and has a basement of 4th line pest plus minor scoring with a ceiling of second line forechecking/scoring center/winger with speed and an edge to his game.
Thanks for the details. Then yes, I'll drive Bouw to the airport.

Old
03-21-2013, 08:18 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5888
Quote:
What does D'Agostini bring to the table to make the Flyers want to move Talbot for him?

I think the Flyers would realistically like a young defenseman.
I don't see the Flyers making a straight dump. They'll take a half-decent player along with the pick just to have him.

Ultimately, I don't think Talbot will be moved because he has term on his contract with a cap that's going down next year. The Flyers also want to have the right attitude within the room, and he is one of those guys. He might be available, but only for what they would consider to be an overpayment in return.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 08:29 PM
Tripod

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
I don't see the Flyers making a straight dump. They'll take a half-decent player along with the pick just to have him.

Ultimately, I don't think Talbot will be moved because he has term on his contract with a cap that's going down next year. The Flyers also want to have the right attitude within the room, and he is one of those guys. He might be available, but only for what they would consider to be an overpayment in return.
Everyone should re-read this. Philly won't dump him but would entertain offers if they are good enough. Personally, if I could get a 2nd rounder + something else...like a #6 offensive D-man I would do it.

Tripod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 08:30 PM
TorstenFrings
wieder zuhause!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield View Post
I'd take Mad Max Talbo in a second again on the Pens. Our 4th line is **** with Glass on it and Max can play anywhere in the lineup. Big game player and great PKer.

Yes, please.

Any Pens fans saying otherwise, give me a ****ing break. I only say to you TANNER GLASS!!!
Honestly he is a goodt 4th liner. I just don't see why you would want a 4th liner for 1.8m and a 2nd+. Give me a ****ing break.

TorstenFrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 08:32 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Columbus may be a good fit.

leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 08:41 PM
Tripod

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorstenFrings View Post
Honestly he is a goodt 4th liner. I just don't see why you would want a 4th liner for 1.8m and a 2nd+. Give me a ****ing break.
Well he did score 19 goals last year...so he has that upside. He is a 3rd liner and a GREAT 4th liner

Tripod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 08:42 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Buff Drinklots

vCash: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL17 View Post
Does Pittsburgh get in on this???
He was atrocious his last two years with Pittsburgh and his contract is absolutely laughable in my opinion...so I'm assuming not.

He was one of my favorite players for a long time and I wouldn't be against it...but I didn't think Talbot was worth re-signing on anything resembling the money or term he got from the Flyers, I'm not about to say we should give them legitimate assets to take that deal on now.

Of course it's a complete non-factor as the Pens and Flyers aren't going to be making any mid-season deals any time soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripod View Post
Well he did score 19 goals last year...so he has that upside. He is a 3rd liner and a GREAT 4th liner
Well...he's 29 with a ton of rough miles on him...I wouldn't say he has 'upside'. Prior to last season he'd had seasons of 8, 2 (45 games), 12, 12, 13, and 5 (48 games) and he's scoring at that pace again this year (4 in 30 is an 11 goal pace over 82 games)...last season was an offensive outlier for him that largely came from getting a decent amount of playing time with more skilled players than he's usually going to play with (as was his 8 goals in the 2008-09 playoffs when he was on Malkin's line).

I think GKJ nailed it though, Philly may listen to offers for him but I highly doubt he gets dealt. Guys like Talbot mean more to a team than they're generally 'worth' on the trade market.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif

Last edited by Big McLargehuge: 03-21-2013 at 08:51 PM.
Big McLargehuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 09:05 PM
TorstenFrings
wieder zuhause!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripod View Post
Well, if we are basing this off of how everyone played a year ago, then PIT really does not need him. Last year Tyler Kennedy was worth his money too.

Old
03-21-2013, 09:07 PM
Shoofyou10

Maybe I'm remembering this incorrectly but wasn't Max battling injuries his final year here? And that was a big reason for his down year. I think saying that you wouldn't want him back is crazy. I would give him Tyler Kennedy's spot on the 3rd line right now and he's an upgrade. And once Kennedy and his 2 mil/yr are gone after this season we would have Max on the 3rd line going forward for slightly cheaper.

I wouldn't give up a ton for him but if you could get him for something reasonable like a 3rd then I have no problems taking him back. a good locker room guy who knows the system and upgrades the bottom 6 isn't a bad pickup.

Shoofyou10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 09:10 PM
TorstenFrings
wieder zuhause!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoofyou10 View Post
Maybe I'm remembering this incorrectly but wasn't Max battling injuries his final year here? And that was a big reason for his down year. I think saying that you wouldn't want him back is crazy. I would give him Tyler Kennedy's spot on the 3rd line right now and he's an upgrade. And once Kennedy and his 2 mil/yr are gone after this season we would have Max on the 3rd line going forward for slightly cheaper.

I wouldn't give up a ton for him but if you could get him for something reasonable like a 3rd then I have no problems taking him back. a good locker room guy who knows the system and upgrades the bottom 6 isn't a bad pickup.
I don't think his value is as high as Flyers fans are suggesting, but they could get a 3rd from more than one team. They are not sending him to the Pens for that.

Old
03-21-2013, 09:16 PM
zeus3007*

What sort of value would he have? The Oilers absolutely need a couple of guys like Talbot. What are the Flyers looking for in return? How long does he have on his current deal?

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 09:23 PM
Jaded-Fan

No one disliked Talbot when he was with the Pens. And he did a great job for the Flyers last year.

But that contract. Five years almost $2 million per, will have three years left after this year ends when he turns 30. This year his pace would translate to 10 goals and 24 points. Which is about the type of player he is. yeah he brings intangibles as well but not $2 million worth of them and he is going to be on the wrong side of 30 now. Philly has a knack for signing guys to contracts that become albatross's eventually and then getting someone to take them off their hands at a good return. Talbot may be another of those. I will be interested to see who steps up and does it this time. I have no doubt that whoever trades for him will regret it before that contract ends. And am very glad it will not be the Pens. That is not a knock on Talbot per se, he just is not worth that and I am pretty sure that he will be less so in coming years.

Jaded-Fan is online now   Reply With Quote