Trade Proposals and Rumors Thread

Closed Thread

Old
01-30-2013, 03:51 PM
TherapyforGlencross
I'm the Man

vCash: 500
Trade Proposals and Rumors Thread

Post any proposals that you have made or any trade rumors.

To start off:

Craig Custance ‏@CraigCustance

Quote:
Teams around the league very aware of Andrei Loktionov's availability. Currently not much interest in him out there.
Dennis Bernstein ‏@DennisTFP

Quote:
League source who knows talent: Loktionov can definitely play in NHL, Kings depth at C is glass ceiling

What could the Flames get for him?

Old
01-30-2013, 04:15 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 57
I don't see where Lotionov fits right now he isn't amazingly defensively I don't think I would be willing to give up what I think the Kings would want.

Old
01-30-2013, 04:44 PM
TherapyforGlencross
I'm the Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
I don't see where Lotionov fits right now he isn't amazingly defensively I don't think I would be willing to give up what I think the Kings would want.
I don't think that the Kings would be asking for too much. Maybe a 2nd or a 3rd?

Old
01-30-2013, 04:51 PM
DBU
We Think We Know You

vCash: 132
Some guy on the main board proposed Loktionov + Bernier for Bouwmeester and a pick.

Old
01-30-2013, 04:52 PM
TherapyforGlencross
I'm the Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Sauce View Post
Some guy on the main board proposed Loktionov + Bernier for Bouwmeester and a pick.
And the Boumeester hate continues...

Old
01-30-2013, 05:08 PM
Svensational
THANK YOU IGGY

I wouldn't make any changes to the team right now. If we play like we did against the OIlers we will be OK. (minus the PK) I am impressed by Stajan. He has basically no pressure on him now. He's played above my expectations so far. If he keeps it up, he could be a guy used at deadline in a bigger trade.

Old
01-30-2013, 05:11 PM
Flames92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svensational View Post
I wouldn't make any changes to the team right now. If we play like we did against the OIlers we will be OK. (minus the PK) I am impressed by Stajan. He has basically no pressure on him now. He's played above my expectations so far. If he keeps it up, he could be a guy used at deadline in a bigger trade.
Thats if they don't have cap issues and are willing to take his 3.5M. Hes playing great, but at that price I dont know if theres that much demand for him.

Old
01-30-2013, 05:32 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames92 View Post
Thats if they don't have cap issues and are willing to take his 3.5M. Hes playing great, but at that price I dont know if theres that much demand for him.
We can eat half his caphit and pay so a team would only have to worry about 1.75 mil, Stajan is easily worth that.

Old
01-30-2013, 05:33 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesrule View Post
I don't think that the Kings would be asking for too much. Maybe a 2nd or a 3rd?
I refuse to trade another 2nd rounder, I could live with a 3rd(assuming its next years) but where does he play and I think another could beat it.

Old
01-30-2013, 05:50 PM
tfong

Loki is a top 6 or bust player, not sure where you would put him. Highly skilled slightly smaller guy that likes to pass. Probably akin to Hudler really.

Old
01-30-2013, 06:06 PM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

vCash: 1000
The abundance of top-9 forwards on the Flames, so much so that the team can't even find a proper spot for it's best prospect in Baertschi, makes the acquisition of tweener like Loktianov unlikely. Even if it does look like he has NHL talent, and perhaps better offensive potential than Horak.

Any trade therefore would have to see at least one forward roster player shipped out as well. Those candidates being Comeau or Stempniak.

Old
01-30-2013, 06:41 PM
tfong

Stemps has pretty high value currently, if we dont make the playoffs he should fetch something nice.

But we really don't want anymore 2nd/3rd line players, imo we have an abundance of those.

Old
01-30-2013, 08:08 PM
Flames92

Quote:
We can eat half his caphit and pay so a team would only have to worry about 1.75 mil, Stajan is easily worth that.
If the deal is right I wouldn't hesitate to do this. But I don't wana eat up almost 2M if its just an average deal

Old
01-30-2013, 08:31 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames92 View Post
If the deal is right I wouldn't hesitate to do this. But I don't wana eat up almost 2M if its just an average deal
He is only signed for 1 more year I won't really care as we would have almost 16 million free with only Backlund,Brodie,Cervenka,Iginla and a backup goalie to sign and all together should be about 12 million.

Old
01-30-2013, 10:02 PM
Flames92

Quote:
He is only signed for 1 more year I won't really care as we would have almost 16 million free with only Backlund,Brodie,Cervenka,Iginla and a backup goalie to sign and all together should be about 12 million.
True, I have no concern about resigning our players, I would however like some extra $ for a possible free agent.. Although if the deal is right I wouldn't hesitate.

Old
01-30-2013, 10:44 PM
MarkGio

I wonder what kind of hometown discount we would see from Iginla if he resigns.

Old
01-30-2013, 11:26 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

vCash: 50
I'm going to predict Iginla's next contract is a 3yr deal at 6, 5.5, and 5 million per.

I'd like Loktionov, but right now we don't have the assets to make that deal. If the Flames moved some players out for futures, prior to the deadline (Stemps, Stajan, Babchuk, Butler), then we would have some assets to make a deal with the Kings. The don't need players right now, they would want futures. Again the problem is Tanguay is our only veteran guy down the middle and he's not really all that experienced there.

I could see Feaster having interest as he was interested in Turris and Loktionov is the age that I think Feaster would like as he is young and NHL right now.

Old
01-30-2013, 11:36 PM
Noori

vCash: 1673
I'm not in a rush for the Flames to make a move right now. With how much roster turnover we've had, I think it's best to let the pieces fall where they may. We're not in a position to sell because our expiring UFA players are little more than fourth liners and reserve defensemen. We're not in a position to buy either. Let the season play out and see which players can be part of the solution moving forward and which players need to be off the team next fall.

Old
01-31-2013, 10:48 AM
MarkGio

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
I'm going to predict Iginla's next contract is a 3yr deal at 6, 5.5, and 5 million per.

I'd like Loktionov, but right now we don't have the assets to make that deal. If the Flames moved some players out for futures, prior to the deadline (Stemps, Stajan, Babchuk, Butler), then we would have some assets to make a deal with the Kings. The don't need players right now, they would want futures. Again the problem is Tanguay is our only veteran guy down the middle and he's not really all that experienced there.

I could see Feaster having interest as he was interested in Turris and Loktionov is the age that I think Feaster would like as he is young and NHL right now.
I think if Iginla resigns with the Flames, he'd take a Tangauy type of contract. 2 years with an average of 3.5 - 4 million. I think Iginla knows you need cap space to build a successful club and Iginla would look at guys like Tangauy and Glencross when accepting a contract.

Old
01-31-2013, 12:46 PM
TheHudlinator

Zach Boychuck claimed by Pitts.

Old
01-31-2013, 03:32 PM
BVicious

I bet Feaster waits until Jerome makes his decision. Unless something crazy pops up on waiver wire, we can really trade anybody away under contract if Iggy leaves. He wll bring us picks and prospects at the most. If u trade Stempniak we all of a sudden don't have any RW.

I say stand pat unless the #1 center becomes available. Even then other teams like TOR have more to offer to fill that need.

Old
01-31-2013, 06:36 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGio View Post
I think if Iginla resigns with the Flames, he'd take a Tangauy type of contract. 2 years with an average of 3.5 - 4 million. I think Iginla knows you need cap space to build a successful club and Iginla would look at guys like Tangauy and Glencross when accepting a contract.
There is no way out of principle Iggy signs for less than 5. If he leads the team in points this year again he will be north of 5 maybe 6. The PA also heavily frowns on star players taking discounts like that.

Don't get me wrong I won't be complaining if it happens, but for everything Iggy has done for the Flames he is going to get a nice contract going into the end of his career.

Old
01-31-2013, 06:47 PM
Stewie Griffin
Driving a Bandwagon

vCash: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
There is no way out of principle Iggy signs for less than 5. If he leads the team in points this year again he will be north of 5 maybe 6. The PA also heavily frowns on star players taking discounts like that.

Don't get me wrong I won't be complaining if it happens, but for everything Iggy has done for the Flames he is going to get a nice contract going into the end of his career.
I think he might sign for between $4 & 5 million, but it wouldn't be for two years. It would be more like until he's 40.

Old
01-31-2013, 07:08 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
I think he might sign for between $4 & 5 million, but it wouldn't be for two years. It would be more like until he's 40.
That I could see, personally I'm expecting him to sign a 3 year with a higher cap. But if he signs a longer term deal for guaranteed money, that might be smart to. It would give him a lower cap hit and still allow him to get his money now.

Maybe something like: 6, 5, 5, 4, and 4. Cap hit equals 4.8 million, I like it.

Old
02-01-2013, 12:01 AM
TheHudlinator

Lets get it over with already and put this team down, move Iginla (don't want to) for Maatta +1st, Cammy for a defensemen from Nash and rights to Radulov, Kipper to TO for Reimer + Franson (still wish we had got Kadri this summer), move Gio for ROR

Tanguay - ROR - Radulov
Hudler - Stajan - Cervenka
Glencross - Backlund - Sven

Last edited by TheHudlinator: 02-01-2013 at 12:37 AM.
Closed Thread