HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Danny DeKeyser thread of magical mystery

Closed Thread

Old
03-26-2013, 09:02 PM
last_sd

vCash: 500
Again I apologize for some of the Red Wings fans posting in this thread. We have quite a bit of arrogant fans in our fan base that's a known fact.

I agree that we have a slight edge because of his family and home town.
I would like him to sign with us but if he doesn't, it's not the end of the world.

Old
03-26-2013, 09:05 PM
Hero
Raptors 13/14

vCash: 50
He's as good as a wing imo.

Old
03-26-2013, 09:07 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Wing or Oiler IMO.

Leafs don't even need him tbh. Wayyy to many LH Dmen.

We need a top RH guy.

Old
03-26-2013, 09:40 PM
Number1RedWingsFan52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Fiend View Post
Fellow Wings fans, stop being irrational please.

I go to WMU and DD was mine firrrrrst! nana-nana-boo-boo!
and i'll never see him play here again you monsters!
So did I go to Western Michigan? 30 Years ago that Is when I graduated from there and DD was'nt even born yet.

Old
03-26-2013, 09:51 PM
iPunch
Leafs Fan

vCash: 133
Was surprised to see him with Nonis tonight. Didn't even think he was on the radar with Andrew MacWilliam graduating this year.

Old
03-26-2013, 09:59 PM
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North

I'd like to think Toronto is a serious consideration. And I'll point out that place of birth really hasnt been that much of a deciding factor of late for UFAs.

Old
03-26-2013, 10:01 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by last_sd View Post
Again I apologize for some of the Red Wings fans posting in this thread. We have quite a bit of arrogant fans in our fan base that's a known fact.

I would like him to sign with us but if he doesn't, it's not the end of the world.
All of the HF fanbases have arrogance issues. Or some other kind of between the ears problems.

Old
03-26-2013, 10:13 PM
uncleben85
My face is my mask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPunch View Post
Was surprised to see him with Nonis tonight. Didn't even think he was on the radar with Andrew MacWilliam graduating this year.
Management will always at least look and at and talk to the guy.
Having too many quality assets is a problem every GM wants.

And at this point DeKeyser has more immediate upside.

Old
03-26-2013, 10:15 PM
Frozen Fiend
DOUBLE D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number1RedWingsFan52 View Post
So did I go to Western Michigan? 30 Years ago that Is when I graduated from there and DD was'nt even born yet.
Oh, I wasn't being sarcastic. I do go there... graduating in December.

Old
03-26-2013, 10:16 PM
BayStBullies
Burn the Boats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by last_sd View Post

The good ol' "home town" card. Brought up in every thread of this kind; yet only effective like 5% of the time.

Old
03-26-2013, 10:44 PM
sailorjerry96

you really gonna say no to a free hockey game?

Old
03-26-2013, 10:50 PM
TheLeastOfTheBunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorjerry96 View Post
It's a Leafs game though.

Old
03-26-2013, 10:50 PM
last_sd

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayStBullies View Post
The good ol' "home town" card. Brought up in every thread of this kind; yet only effective like 5% of the time.
It's not just the "home town" for Danny though

He attended few Red Wings camp. Also he family is very close to our Assistant GM Nill (Nill actually had to come out and say he would be okay with any decision Danny makes, trying not to pressure him). Our ex-assistant coach/current AHL coach was his coach for 1 year.

Yes still doesn't mean much but better than nothing I suppose.

It's not as bad as oh someone was born here so he must play there kind of thing.

Old
03-26-2013, 10:52 PM
last_sd

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorjerry96 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLeastOfTheBunch View Post
It's a Leafs game though.

I think this game would help Nonis sell TML to Danny.
Although the Leafs won the game, I saw a lot of defensive flaws against a very weak team("Hey Danny look you can easily beat these guys to the line up!")
Just make sure Danny doesn't know that it was 5th game in 7 days and you are golden!

Old
03-26-2013, 10:56 PM
Rinzler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewan McGregor View Post
Considering he's very likely to start in the AHL, I think the Marlies being in Toronto is a good reason to consider them
Yup, also I wonder which AHL team he would feel to be a better fit in. Ironically both the Griffins and the Marlies lead their respective divisions anda re set for a run at the Calder.

Old
03-26-2013, 11:12 PM
Dazed and Confused

For thoses saying the Oilers, I can't see how they'd be an attractive option for DD.

Unlike Schultz, who had a skill set that was none existant within the entire organization, DeKeyser would be going up against other dmen like Klefbom, and Marincin (and to a lesser extent Musil, Gernat, and Davidson) as the guys trying to break the NHL roster next season.

Depth on defence (in terms of young guys breaking into the pro game) isn't an issue for Edmonton, thus it's going to be more difficult to get big minutes guaranteed at even the AHL level, and to be the first call up.

Old
03-26-2013, 11:16 PM
sailorjerry96

it could happen. i want to believe

Old
03-26-2013, 11:30 PM
Antropovsky

Could Caryle be a reason that Toronto may be considered by DeKeyser? I mean, development wise he's a pretty good coach. His system is tailored for Defensive Defenseman, and he's known to be almost too loyal to his tough and\or defensive minded players.

Also, Caryle seems to take pride in developing the underdog, or maybe the underrated, is the better word to use? Beauchemin in Anaheim comes to mind (being his major success), in Toronto he has given very very big opportunities to older Defensive prospects\players in Holzer, Kostka, Franson and Fraser. Three of whom were in the Leafs system last year, two of them were either essentially not used at all (Fraser\Holzer), while Franson was Wilson's regular press-box warmer. Caryle had this to say about the 27 year old AHL Journeyman Kostka, (paraphrasing) "I can't believe that Kostka has never been given a chance in the NHL" seemingly scolding his coaching peers. It Should also be noted that Franson is having a career year under Caryle, Fraser has looked phenomenal as a shut down defenseman and Kostka's play has been steady. Holzer being the only one of the bunch who was sent back to the minors, after inconsistent play.

Detroit on the other hand doesn't have that great of a track record in development, or of Defensemen anyhow.

This is the only reason I could see DeKeyser picking Toronto, I mean depth wise, Toronto is very deep on Defense and obviously that's going to be unappealing to Dekeyser.

Old
03-26-2013, 11:30 PM
Dolph Ziggler
IC Champion

I almost wish the Blues weren't being mentioned. That way I don't get my hopes up for the eventual fact that he's going to the Wings.

Old
03-26-2013, 11:37 PM
topchowda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazed and Confused View Post
For thoses saying the Oilers, I can't see how they'd be an attractive option for DD.

Unlike Schultz, who had a skill set that was none existant within the entire organization, DeKeyser would be going up against other dmen like Klefbom, and Marincin (and to a lesser extent Musil, Gernat, and Davidson) as the guys trying to break the NHL roster next season.

Depth on defence (in terms of young guys breaking into the pro game) isn't an issue for Edmonton, thus it's going to be more difficult to get big minutes guaranteed at even the AHL level, and to be the first call up.
I think hes NHL ready and further along than Musil

Old
03-26-2013, 11:37 PM
blueNwhite89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antropovsky View Post
Could Caryle be a reason that Toronto may be considered by DeKeyser? I mean, development wise he's a pretty good coach. His system is tailored for Defensive Defenseman, and he's known to be almost too loyal to his tough and\or defensive minded players.

Also, Caryle seems to take pride in developing the underdog, or maybe the underrated, is the better word to use? Beauchemin in Anaheim comes to mind (being his major success), in Toronto he has given very very big opportunities to older Defensive prospects\players in Holzer, Kostka, Franson and Fraser. Three of whom were in the Leafs system last year, two of them were either essentially not used at all (Fraser\Holzer), while Franson was Wilson's regular press-box warmer. Caryle had this to say about the 27 year old AHL Journeyman Kostka, (paraphrasing) "I can't believe that Kostka has never been given a chance in the NHL" seemingly scolding his coaching peers. It Should also be noted that Franson is having a career year under Caryle, Fraser has looked phenomenal as a shut down defenseman and Kostka's play has been steady. Holzer being the only one of the bunch who was sent back to the minors, after inconsistent play.

Detroit on the other hand doesn't have that great of a track record in development, or of Defensemen anyhow.

This is the only reason I could see DeKeyser picking Toronto, I mean depth wise, Toronto is very deep on Defense and obviously that's going to be unappealing to Dekeyser.
Good post. I'll be pretty surprised if DeKeyser signs with the Leafs, but if he does he'll fit right into our culture.

Old
03-26-2013, 11:56 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

If anyone can develop a dman and/or coach a great defensive system, it's Trotz and the Preds. No wonder Trotz skipped practice today to fly to Toronto to meet with him. Plus, he'd get to play with one of the best in the game: Shea Weber. Doesn't get much better than that.

Old
03-27-2013, 12:35 AM
Four1 Lead
We got Nylander.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
If anyone can develop a dman and/or coach a great defensive system, it's Trotz and the Preds. No wonder Trotz skipped practice today to fly to Toronto to meet with him. Plus, he'd get to play with one of the best in the game: Shea Weber. Doesn't get much better than that.
I would come back with a smart reply but you're a Preds fan and you guys are awesome.

Old
03-27-2013, 12:35 AM
obey86

Oh yeah?

Quote:
Helene St. James ‏@HeleneStJames 24 Mar
Most importantly, #RedWings can offer DeKeyser opportunity to be teammates with Cleary & discuss whether to go by Dan, Danny, or Daniel.
Well, ha!

Old
03-27-2013, 01:23 AM
WesNichols14

vCash: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by obey86 View Post
Oh yeah?

Well, ha!
that'l get him

Closed Thread