HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) XXXIV

Closed Thread

Old
03-25-2013, 01:54 PM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 1848
Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
People remember Murray from 3 years ago, not Murray from the last 1.5 years. I would actually say that ROB > Murray because they are very similar players but ROB is younger and can help for a few years if the team decides they like what they see.
I would agree with you.

Old
03-25-2013, 01:58 PM
iceberg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
People remember Murray from 3 years ago, not Murray from the last 1.5 years. I would actually say that ROB > Murray because they are very similar players but ROB is younger and can help for a few years if the team decides they like what they see.
No team would pick ROB over Murray in this situation. Murray is a seasoned veteran and Pittsburgh is going for the Cup.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:00 PM
henchman24
If and if...

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceberg View Post
No team would pick ROB over Murray in this situation. Murray is a seasoned veteran and Pittsburgh is going for the Cup.
Agreed which is why you only ask for 1 2nd round pick , but as a player I think he has more value. Also it isn't like ROB isn't a veteran, he has been on a playoff run before.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:01 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

HAHAHA two second rounders (one conditional) for Murray who has regressed so much the last two seasons.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:01 PM
AslanRH
Guenin Get Out

vCash: 149
Murray with a legit shot at the cup before Marleau, Thorton and that little imp Pavelski.....Just doesn't seem fair.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:05 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
I would move Hejda for a 1st. (with this draft class, hell yeah)

I understand that we'd be looking for another guy to fill in his shoes on the 2nd pairing come July 1st but at the same time, I believe that Hejda will be pretty much done by the time we become true contenders. Another 1st rounder would be amazing for our team.
Agreed, until today I hadn't even though about moving Hejda as he has been one of our only consistently strong Dmen this year.

But with the return Murray just got, it should definitely be something management at least takes a look at.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:06 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Briere sustained a concussion during practice, if they're still wanting to push for the playoffs, Jones could be the ideal replacement for them.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:07 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Briere sustained a concussion during practice, if they're still wanting to push for the playoffs, Jones could be the ideal replacement for them.
They're not.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:18 PM
Foppa2118
Release Evertroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
If we could do a package deal of Jones+Kobasew that would be amazing.

Going through Bruins list, there are not a lot of high end prospects they're willing to part from (I don't see them trading Hamilton, Khokhlachev, or Subban. Don't know about Spooner). I can see Avs liking Jared Knight, as he brings those type of qualities Sherman & Pracey love. But maybe more on the lines of Caron+1st/2nd for Jones+Kobasew+3rd??? We will probably have to keep close 1 million of Jones salary.
Jones + Kobasew for Boston's 1st? Hell, throw O'Byrne and Hunwick in there too.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:26 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Shero is losing his mind, he shipped out Morrow and 2 2nd round pick for two guys who are over the hill, right now I can't see how we couldn't get at least a 2nd rounder for ROB. This trade deadline will be a golden chance for sellers.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:28 PM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 682
The other 2nd seems to be conditional.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:28 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceberg View Post
Trust me the only thing Crankshaft has on ROB is a little bit of reputation from years past, when you compare the two of them from this season Murray looks like a slower version of ROB.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:31 PM
kento19
@kento19

with the standings so tight, teams aren't willing to sell because they may have a shot. We are one of few teams who know there is no chance for this year. The killer is that our management will likely not take advantage.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:31 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
Trust me the only thing Crankshaft has on ROB is a little bit of reputation from years past, when you compare the two of them from this season Murray looks like a slower version of ROB.
Wouldn't go that far. ROB this year looks like a slower, softer version of ROB. Murray at least has proven he can still clobber.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:32 PM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 682
Mixed reports on that other conditional pick; it turns to 3rd in 2014 if Pens won't make it past second round and/or is conditional if Murray doesn't re-sign.

Won't judge the trade yet as Murray isn't even in Pittsburgh yet but seems like very strong seller's market. Good year to suck and have extra assets.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:35 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
Mixed reports on that other conditional pick; it turns to 3rd in 2014 if Pens won't make it past second round and/or is conditional if Murray doesn't re-sign.

Won't judge the trade yet as Murray isn't even in Pittsburgh yet but seems like very strong seller's market. Good year to suck and have extra assets.
Even if it turns out to just be a 2nd + 3rd that's a hell of a deal for SJS.

Would have expected no more then a 3rd and MAYBE a 6th or 7th for Murray, but more then likely 2 seconds is a huge amount to pay for a severely regressed Murray.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:39 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post
Wouldn't go that far. ROB this year looks like a slower, softer version of ROB. Murray at least has proven he can still clobber.
The point is they both aren't very good, I think Murray got that second 2nd rounder based on his reputation. I could see someone like Carolina try to get ROB + 5th rounder for a 2nd rounder or something like that.

Considering this market, I'd strongly consider moving Kobasew, Mitchell (his trade could be a pretty big coup), RoB and the rest of our bottom pairing d-men, Jones (I know easier said than done), maybe even McGinn and Hejda to some extent.

Last edited by Ivan13: 03-25-2013 at 02:48 PM.
Old
03-25-2013, 02:43 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Only way I would want to see Malkin or Hejda moved is if a 1st rounder is coming back with them. Even then Im not sure I pull the trigger for Malkin.

As for McGinn, it starts with a 1st and goes from there IMO. Or we add to McGinn and get a young Dman with Top pairing potential.

I cant see us moving Ginner and if we do it would be a sign that were drafting a forward with our 1st.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:46 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 50
Mitchell is anything but off limits. This is by all indications the best he will ever be. He's poor defensively, sucks as a center and can't make a pass to save his life. Just like when Svatos had a mini-resurgence and I wanted to trade him then, there is no shame in moving Mitchell for peak value on a rebuilding club.

Hell, he'd probably be happy to get out of here and on a winning club that wants his services.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:46 PM
shadow1

Even if he's regressed, Douglas Murray has allure because he's played in 38 playoff games the past three seasons.

For an elite team like Pittsburgh, giving up a couple draft picks for a rugged defenseman like Murray makes perfect sense.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:47 PM
TwoPadStack
Gross Misconduct

vCash: 900
Ginner? Anybody who thinks Sherman is trading him this soon after coveting him for years is fooling themselves. We won that trade by a wide margin and Ginner will be on this team moving forward. Hopefully The Boss is, too.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:52 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoPadStack View Post
Ginner? Anybody who thinks Sherman is trading him this soon after coveting him for years is fooling themselves. We won that trade by a wide margin and Ginner will be on this team moving forward. Hopefully The Boss is, too.
I personally don't think he'll be moved, but a good GM would try to shop him around a little bit just to see what's he worth around the league, plus you never know, someone might really blow their socks off.

You also forget one thing TPS, Sherman might be on the hot seat and he might not get the final saying when it comes to this deadline, for all we know PL might force his hand in the days leading up to the trade deadline.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:54 PM
JoemAvs

I want Sherman to sell off the deadweight. All of it.
Get picks or prospects. Take the best offer available.

Guys on the "deadweight" list (aka not going to be with the Avs longterm):
Kobasew
ROB
SOB
Hunwick
Zanon
Jones
Mitchell (SELL HIGH)

Maybe even Giguere if one of our young guns is ready and if he is OK with going to a playoff team.

If someone wants to go crazy and pay a 2nd or sth for Bordeleau, fulfill their wishes.

Guys on the "if you offer a 1st+ we should/will do it:
Hejda
Cody Mac ( we would obv need to add but if he is the key piece: Do it! )
Wilson (too injury prone)

Guys on the "Oh Nice! You want to fill all our organisational holes and more" list:

Paul Stastny

Old
03-25-2013, 02:57 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
Mitchell is anything but off limits. This is by all indications the best he will ever be. He's poor defensively, sucks as a center and can't make a pass to save his life. Just like when Svatos had a mini-resurgence and I wanted to trade him then, there is no shame in moving Mitchell for peak value on a rebuilding club.

Hell, he'd probably be happy to get out of here and on a winning club that wants his services.
I'm sorry, what John Mitchell are you watching? Is it this one?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Mi...key_b._1986%29

Old
03-25-2013, 02:59 PM
RobinDIF
Size doesn't matter!

If Mitchell was a pending UFA, then fine. Now it shouldn't even be a discussion. We managed to sign a good player for a steal at 1.1M. Yes, he isn't smart all the time and stuff like that. But that's why he is a bottom six player and that is why he is earning 1.1M and not more than that. Don't know why some seem to have so big expectations on him?

He is not perfect but still a steal at that price and a good player, and we need good players. Can't whine about that we suck if we actually want to trade away the bargains we find.

Closed Thread