Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Round 2 - Hitmen vs Wheat Kings

Closed Thread

Old
04-18-2005, 02:49 PM
allin4466

vCash: 500
Big Guns

Well game 5 shows you what they can do without their top guns performing. Brandons 3rd line(reaves, leblanc, burki) ran all over calgary, if they can keep that performance up into game 6, and stones line can hold getlzaf/ladd back a bit, you never know.

Old
04-18-2005, 03:20 PM
sbtatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by allin4466
Well game 5 shows you what they can do without their top guns performing. Brandons 3rd line(reaves, leblanc, burki) ran all over calgary, if they can keep that performance up into game 6, and stones line can hold getlzaf/ladd back a bit, you never know.
It was a great performance from the lesser lights, but, no disrespect to them we need the "big guns" to perform. I want to see Fehr dominate as Getzlaff is....
Truth be told, Calgary could have won game 5. I thought Plante just about stole that game, now it's over to Sindell (-3 the other night in a 6 v 4 win), Konsorada and Fehr.
Should be a great game, glad I can see it on TV here in Mb!!
Good atmosphere on friday night wasn't it, those 2 early goals lit up the crowd.
Good to see White's sister doing a dance on her seat when Ryan scored both of his goals, nothing like some loyal family support!!

Old
04-18-2005, 03:35 PM
Jared Ramsden
Hockey's Future Staff

Send a message via AIM to Jared Ramsden Send a message via MSN to Jared Ramsden Send a message via Yahoo to Jared Ramsden
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbtatter
It was a great performance from the lesser lights, but, no disrespect to them we need the "big guns" to perform. I want to see Fehr dominate as Getzlaff is....
Truth be told, Calgary could have won game 5. I thought Plante just about stole that game, now it's over to Sindell (-3 the other night in a 6 v 4 win), Konsorada and Fehr.
Should be a great game, glad I can see it on TV here in Mb!!
Good atmosphere on friday night wasn't it, those 2 early goals lit up the crowd.
Good to see White's sister doing a dance on her seat when Ryan scored both of his goals, nothing like some loyal family support!!
I thought Calgary could have won too....it was that slow start out of the gate that killed them, plus a few defensive miscues.....Everytime they got within a goal, Brandon would go up by another.....Brandon's 3rd line was good in Game 5, but you can't expect a 3rd line to carry a team offensively like that for more than one game.....Fehr, Stone and Co. need to have a big game tonight.......

2011-12: The start of a new making the playoffs streak!

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/CalDevil3219
Old
04-18-2005, 03:44 PM
sbtatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared Ramsden
I thought Calgary could have won too....it was that slow start out of the gate that killed them, plus a few defensive miscues.....Everytime they got within a goal, Brandon would go up by another.....Brandon's 3rd line was good in Game 5, but you can't expect a 3rd line to carry a team offensively like that for more than one game.....Fehr, Stone and Co. need to have a big game tonight.......
I thought Stone finally managed to neutralize Ladd/Getzlaff somewhat, I'm sure Courchene has been told not to try and stick handle away from Getzlaff when he's the last man back, did you see the break away speed Getzlaff demonstrated, I know he had just sat for 2 minutes in the box but there was no way any Wheatie had a hope of catching him......
5 v 2 with 11 minutes to go and we all hoped it was in the bag, the Hitmen to their credit didn't quit and made it very, very tense. If Calgary win tonight i hope it's White who scores the winning goal!!
If Brandon lose tonight some of the big stars will have an unhappy summer reflecting on what could have been........

Old
04-18-2005, 08:24 PM
Le Golie

Should be an awesome game tonight! It's a great night to watch hockey on TV. I see this as Game 7. Whoever wins this one will move on.

Old
04-18-2005, 08:47 PM
sbtatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Golie
Should be an awesome game tonight! It's a great night to watch hockey on TV. I see this as Game 7. Whoever wins this one will move on.
I'm not very confident that my Wheaties can do it tonight, but I'm hoping!!

Old
04-18-2005, 09:32 PM
Le Golie

Corey Courchene is the monster of the period. He's all over the place.

I remember watching him in the midget 'a' provincials when he was 14 years old, against 17 year olds he was the best skater and best stickhandler there.

While his Dub career has been a bit dissapointed, he has been outstanding so far tonight.

Pretty tight contest so far, time winding down in the first. Still 0-0, play is even.

Old
04-18-2005, 10:00 PM
Le Golie

1-0 Wheaties!!

Nice shot by Sindel, capitalizing on a turnover.

Brandon must be very happy so far. They are playing the game they need to play to win in Calgary. Good game!

Old
04-18-2005, 10:23 PM
monster_bertuzzi

Ladd's invisible out there.

Old
04-18-2005, 10:27 PM
Le Golie

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi
Now that you mention it, wow - is he ever. I think I heard his name once in the first.

Old
04-18-2005, 10:35 PM
Vinceee
Go Foreurs Go!

Send a message via MSN to Vinceee
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi
The guy is overrated IMO...

Old
04-18-2005, 10:53 PM
Le Golie

Hitmen are really pressing early in the third. Missed a couple of good chances on the powerplay.

Old
04-18-2005, 11:00 PM
Chistov23

Sounds like Plante is playing really well, Calgary can't capitalize on their chances.

Old
04-18-2005, 11:02 PM
Joe Hallenback

Can you Imagine a P.A/Brandon series? What a War that would be...

Old
04-18-2005, 11:21 PM
Joe Hallenback

Wow my prediction might come true and I was just posting that to piss that guy off

Old
04-18-2005, 11:43 PM
sbtatter

Wow, well played Brandon! Later played well tonight (that's what it looked like on TV anyway!), and the Getzlaff line looked a bit tired, maybe playing every 2nd shift is catching up to them?
Now need to guard against over confidence coming home.....

Old
04-18-2005, 11:54 PM
Le Golie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbtatter
Wow, well played Brandon! Later played well tonight (that's what it looked like on TV anyway!), and the Getzlaff line looked a bit tired, maybe playing every 2nd shift is catching up to them?
Now need to guard against over confidence coming home.....
I agree, the advantage is now Brandon's but this series is not over. Great hockey.

Old
04-18-2005, 11:57 PM
flamesfan01800

Brandon wins Game 7 in OT is my prediction

Old
04-19-2005, 12:43 AM
Big Deaner

Send a message via Yahoo to Big Deaner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catcher.In.The.RyE
The guy is overrated IMO...
I believe he is one of the most overrated prospects in the CHL. We'll see what he can do when he has to play without Getzlaf. I bet Ladd is praying his agent can swing a deal to get Ladd to Anaheim so he can keep playing on Getzlaf's wing or else it will be no NHL for him.

Old
04-19-2005, 12:56 AM
Jessie Lumsden

Ladd is terrible. Pushkarev will NEVER play pro hockey. Pogge played great and made almost no mistakes.

Plante was unreal. The Wheaties were just bigger and hit harder, and played a great possession game. Brandon wins game seven no problem.

Old
04-19-2005, 01:09 AM
LeftWing20

Overstatement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessie Lumsden
Ladd is terrible. Pushkarev will NEVER play pro hockey. Pogge played great and made almost no mistakes.

Plante was unreal. The Wheaties were just bigger and hit harder, and played a great possession game. Brandon wins game seven no problem.

Wow - Pushkarev will never play pro hockey? That's a bold statement, to say the least. "Pro hockey" covers an awful lot of ground. Are you saying he's not good enough to play in the RSL, or even the ECHL? That's pretty contradictory to what has been said about him in the past.

Old
04-19-2005, 01:38 AM
Jessie Lumsden

buddy after what I saw tonight i'd be surprised if he gets more than five minutes ice time in game seven. his career is over.

Old
04-19-2005, 01:47 AM
allin4466

Wow

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH! after game 4 and brandon was down 3-1 i put a $25 bet with my boss that brandon would take it in game 7.. so cmoooooooon BOYS. keystone better be rockin wednesday night.

Old
04-19-2005, 02:37 AM
bleedgreen

wow - nhl careers analyzed after watching them play in the juniors. so what you guys are saying is every former junior player in the nhl was dominant in juniors and showed it every night, huh? and every player who was dominant in junior was the same in the pros, huh? these guys wont be who they will be as pros for another 5 years. one game, one series, hell - one season wont decide the fate of any of these guys.

Old
04-19-2005, 03:22 AM
monster_bertuzzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedgreen
wow - nhl careers analyzed after watching them play in the juniors. so what you guys are saying is every former junior player in the nhl was dominant in juniors and showed it every night, huh? and every player who was dominant in junior was the same in the pros, huh? these guys wont be who they will be as pros for another 5 years. one game, one series, hell - one season wont decide the fate of any of these guys.
But Ladd hasn't shown anything to anyone that he's worthy of a top 5 pick. If you want to dis-regard his poor numbers, fine - but you cant disregard the fact that he isn't even visible on the ice.

Closed Thread