Round 2 - Hitmen vs Wheat Kings

Closed Thread

Old
04-20-2005, 11:00 PM
Joe Hallenback

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire
Regardless of what Ladd and Getzlaf may have done, it was still out of line; the same way it is when they do it. Though I've never seen them do anything like that with anyone's back turned.

Umm yeah, that's exactly what I was alluding to.

To Jared. Ladd was facing the boards digging the puck out. Fehr came from about the mid-way on the ice, full force with his elbow flying into the back of Ladd's back turned head, knocking his helmet off.

Boohoo let me shed a tear for poor defenseless Andrew "little boy" Ladd from Eric "The Punisher" Fehr

Seriously I am sick and tired of Calgary fans and there ******** whining and crying about Brandon's Team of Dirty cheapshot artists. Everytime a Calgary player is touched its the most despicable play ever commited in the history of hockey and the Brandon player should be lynched.

Stone Destroyed Carson. I dont know about you but when I played Junior if another player destroys one of our players like that we seek payback and I for one was shocked that not one single player came to defend Carson and Calgary after that. It shows me that that team doesnt have the heart to win and it was proved by not being able to close out the series. And dont give me any ******** about being "classy" the playoffs are a WAR and you do what it takes to win.

Old
04-20-2005, 11:23 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

So you were all in favor of Domi's flying elbow on Niedermeyer a couple of years ago? There's hockey, and then there's dirty.

Maybe you're right. They should have done somthing about Stone's hit. There are only a couple of problems with that. You don't want to take retaliatory penalties in a close game, especially with a clean hit, and secondly you don't want to lose focus on playing hockey. Unfortunatley, that hit did just that. They totally lost focus on the game, and in the end lost.

04-20-2005, 11:40 PM
Jared Ramsden
Hockey's Future Staff

Send a message via AIM to Jared Ramsden Send a message via MSN to Jared Ramsden Send a message via Yahoo to Jared Ramsden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Hallenback
Boohoo let me shed a tear for poor defenseless Andrew "little boy" Ladd from Eric "The Punisher" Fehr

Seriously I am sick and tired of Calgary fans and there ******** whining and crying about Brandon's Team of Dirty cheapshot artists. Everytime a Calgary player is touched its the most despicable play ever commited in the history of hockey and the Brandon player should be lynched.

Stone Destroyed Carson. I dont know about you but when I played Junior if another player destroys one of our players like that we seek payback and I for one was shocked that not one single player came to defend Carson and Calgary after that. It shows me that that team doesnt have the heart to win and it was proved by not being able to close out the series. And dont give me any ******** about being "classy" the playoffs are a WAR and you do what it takes to win.
Are you for real??? Both sides had an equal amount of cheap shots, slashes, elbows etc. throughout the whole series.....and when did all this so called whining and crying take place?......

And you want to know why nobody attacked Stone??? It's because THEY WERE LEADING THE GAME BY A GOAL.....they were SMART for not realiting and giving Brandon a PP to possibly tie the game....Once they went up 3-1, then they went for their vindication....They weren't being classy.....they were being SMART and showing COMPOSURE....You don't think everyone on the team wanted to go and beat the living hell out of Stone???.....There was no penalty called on the play, so why would the Hitmen want to go a man down, with like less than 10 minutes left in the game, to give Brandon a chance to tie it???.....If the game was close, no question, Stone would have been jumped instantly.....No heart??? Please....Give me a break.....Sorry, but that is a weak, weak argument.......

2011-12: The start of a new making the playoffs streak!

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/CalDevil3219
Old
04-20-2005, 11:41 PM
Jared Ramsden
Hockey's Future Staff

Send a message via AIM to Jared Ramsden Send a message via MSN to Jared Ramsden Send a message via Yahoo to Jared Ramsden
Quote:
Regardless of what Ladd and Getzlaf may have done, it was still out of line; the same way it is when they do it. Though I've never seen them do anything like that with anyone's back turned.

To Jared. Ladd was facing the boards digging the puck out. Fehr came from about the mid-way on the ice, full force with his elbow flying into the back of Ladd's back turned head, knocking his helmet off.
I'll have to watch the highlights at 11:30 tonight to see it all.......

Old
04-20-2005, 11:47 PM
Joe Hallenback

You are comparing Domi to Stone and Fehr? Now thats Laughable. Stone's hit on Carson was far from dirty,brutal yes but not dirty. Fehr's "hit" was called because he punched Ladd to the head and yes it was a penalty but it was an agressive play made by someone near the end of a clsoe game in his defensive end trying to win a game.

Stop trying to make excuses for a team that ran out of gas.

Old
04-20-2005, 11:54 PM
Joe Hallenback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared Ramsden
Are you for real??? Both sides had an equal amount of cheap shots, slashes, elbows etc. throughout the whole series.....and when did all this so called whining and crying take place?......

And you want to know why nobody attacked Stone??? It's because THEY WERE LEADING THE GAME BY A GOAL.....they were SMART for not realiting and giving Brandon a PP to possibly tie the game....Once they went up 3-1, then they went for their vindication....They weren't being classy.....they were being SMART and showing COMPOSURE....You don't think everyone on the team wanted to go and beat the living hell out of Stone???.....There was no penalty called on the play, so why would the Hitmen want to go a man down, with like less than 10 minutes left in the game, to give Brandon a chance to tie it???.....If the game was close, no question, Stone would have been jumped instantly.....No heart??? Please....Give me a break.....Sorry, but that is a weak, weak argument.......

give me a break you remember those kinds of things and you store it away. Stone was running roughshod over there team and they ALLOWED it and guess what they ran out of gas and lost a series that they should have had.

Weak Arguement? Im sorry but did I not witness Brandon beating Calgary? After that hit they should have came back right at them, you do that to us we do that to you, but they didnt they did what you exactly what yo said they played SMART and showed COMPOSURE and guess what? THEY LOST THE SERIES! Guess they can play SMART and show COMPOSURE on the golf course.

Old
04-21-2005, 12:04 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
You are comparing Domi to Stone and Fehr? Now thats Laughable. Stone's hit on Carson was far from dirty,brutal yes but not dirty. Fehr's "hit" was called because he punched Ladd to the head and yes it was a penalty but it was an agressive play made by someone near the end of a clsoe game in his defensive end trying to win a game.

You seem to feel awfully guilty about that Stone hit. You keep brining it up when I hadn't at all. Doesn't that seem at all strange to you?

Fehr's hit is easily comparable. Another flying elbow. The only difference? They were winning.

Old
04-21-2005, 12:06 AM
Big Deaner

Send a message via Yahoo to Big Deaner
"You don't think everyone on the team wanted to go and beat the living hell out of Stone???"

Even if they wanted to they couldn't, he's the champ and everyone in the dub knows it. I also want to remind everyone what happened to Ryan Stone last year at the hands of one Brett Carson.

The game was in November at the Saddledome and I believe the Hitmen were leading by a few goals. In the third period a scrum broke out after Eric Fehr came in and laid a late hit on one of the Hitmen players. A few Wheaties and Hitmen players paired one another off to make sure no extra players were involved in the scrum. Stone and Carson were paired off near center ice and not much was happening, just holding onto one another.

Stone then said something to Carson and then turned away, as Stone turned Carson sucker punched Stone with a shot to the side of the head. The punch was one of the hardest I've ever seen live, Stone did not see it coming or have a chance to protect himself or even get ready for it. Stone skated immediately to his bench clutching his face. As a result of the sucker punch Stone suffered a broken orbital bone and was out for pretty much the rest of the regular season. Stone missed the World Junior tryouts as well as the WHL vs. Russia series. However, Stone and the Wheat Kings did not whine about it, or say that the punch cost them their season, he and the team accepted it, dealt with it like men and moved on.

So to anyone who says Carson is an angel I just wanted to bring that sucker punch up as a reminder. As well, you have to remember it's the WHL, **** happens. I'm sure Carosn didn't mean to break Stones orbital bone, and I'm also sure that Stone did not mean to concuss Carson but again **** happens.

A hall of famer says it best:

ďIf you donít have guts, and you canít take it, you donít belong in hockey"

-Former player Ted Lindsay

Old
04-21-2005, 12:14 AM
Jared Ramsden
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:

What excuses? We never made any to begin with.....

Old
04-21-2005, 12:20 AM
Joe Hallenback

Sorry wasnt directing it at you per say just a little steamed form users on another board lol

Old
04-21-2005, 12:23 AM
Joe Hallenback

Quote:
You seem to feel awfully guilty about that Stone hit. You keep brining it up when I hadn't at all. Doesn't that seem at all strange to you?

Fehr's hit is easily comparable. Another flying elbow. The only difference? They were winning.

No I am not guilty about it but I have been on a crusade to point out that a hit like that with no retribution can sometimes turn a series around but everyone scoffs at such an idea so whatever I give up.

Old
04-21-2005, 12:24 AM
Jared Ramsden
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
give me a break you remember those kinds of things and you store it away. Stone was running roughshod over there team and they ALLOWED it and guess what they ran out of gas and lost a series that they should have had.

Weak Arguement? Im sorry but did I not witness Brandon beating Calgary? After that hit they should have came back right at them, you do that to us we do that to you, but they didnt they did what you exactly what yo said they played SMART and showed COMPOSURE and guess what? THEY LOST THE SERIES! Guess they can play SMART and show COMPOSURE on the golf course.
Did you see the end of that game with the hit? I think they remembered, hence Stone getting knocked down and everyone on the ice brawling after Getzlaf scored to make it 3-1. They allowed Stone to run roughshod??? Ummmm....No.....Trust me, they didn't...Stone was on the seat of his pants many times this series.....

What I find really funny is how you keep on getting on Hitmen fans for making excuses when you are the one making excuses for the Hitmen for us!!!! ......The point isin't that Brandon didn't win that game....It's that they COULD have won it, had the Hitmen given them a power play.....How does this discussion turn from a game to the series??? Your only argument is that Brandon was the series and it doesn't prove anything except that you are totally missing the point of this debate.....

Old
04-21-2005, 12:33 AM
Joe Hallenback

Stone Knocks Carson out of the series
Calgary is forced to start using 2 unproven young defencemen(btw both played great and look to have great futures ahead of them)
Calgary loses 3 straight
Most feel they just ran out of gas

I mean Come on when you got guys lie Stone,Reaves,Day,Later,Webb,Leblanc, Courchene and company coming at you game after game it takes a toll. Im not just talking hitting but these guys will stick you,spear you,butt end you,rough you up and just generally make life misrable for you. Tell you the truth I was impressed by Calgary's composure but sometimes I think that composure works against you. They showed up for the last 3 games they just didnt look interested

IMO

Old
04-21-2005, 12:57 AM
Jared Ramsden
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Stone Knocks Carson out of the series
Calgary is forced to start using 2 unproven young defencemen(btw both played great and look to have great futures ahead of them)
Calgary loses 3 straight
Most feel they just ran out of gas

I mean Come on when you got guys lie Stone,Reaves,Day,Later,Webb,Leblanc, Courchene and company coming at you game after game it takes a toll. Im not just talking hitting but these guys will stick you,spear you,butt end you,rough you up and just generally make life misrable for you. Tell you the truth I was impressed by Calgary's composure but sometimes I think that composure works against you. They showed up for the last 3 games they just didnt look interested

IMO
That hit was the difference in the series....the Hitmen's defence was totally out of gas....playing without Yacboski hurt enough already, but when Carson went down that really hurt them.....Considering the Hitmen were playing with two 16 year olds and 15 year old on defence for the last half of the series, they held their own, but Yeo, Kohn, Alzner, and Schultz looked more tired each and every shift they played.....Yeo and Alzner were the only really reliable defensive d-men out there though.....Schultz is slow, has no mobility and doesn't hit, and Kohn makes too many mental mistakes and bad passes.....To be honest, I thought Plante was more reliable than Schultz as the series wore on......They all put a good effort in, but they were clearly getting fatigued....You could really see it start to show in Game 6....Having Carson and Yacboski might have helped Calgary out....The forwards worked their tails off too, but the bounces really weren't going their way the last few games....Game 5 was Calgary's best chance to win I though....But I'll give Brandon credit. They fought back and earned the series win.....I thought after Game 4, they were mentally out of it, but they found a way to fight back and take the series......

Old
04-21-2005, 01:28 AM
sbtatter

Quote:

Anyone who watches Fehr knows that he couldn't hit his way out of a wet paper bag, there was a scrum in the corner and everyones elbows were up. Getzlaff and Ladd have been doing worse to Later all series, if it was so bad why wasn't the penalty more than 2 minutes and why didn't the Hitmen get upset?? It wasn't a bad hit, I don't think either team were particularly dirty in the series, just both played hard and the series could have gone either way....

Last edited by sbtatter: 04-21-2005 at 01:33 AM.
Old
04-21-2005, 09:49 AM
allin4466

Ahhh..

And the excuses roll. Stones hit on Carson was 100% legal. Calgary was the one who initiated all the hard hits and stuff, and when Brandon didnt just cave in , but instead started dishing them back out, Calgary wore themselves down, face it, last few games, brandon beat calgary at there own game, tight defensive

Old
04-21-2005, 12:22 PM
goteam

Guys, quit the personal insults and stick to talking about the game and the series. This thread is under watch.

Old
04-21-2005, 02:17 PM
Jared Ramsden
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by allin4466
And the excuses roll. Stones hit on Carson was 100% legal. Calgary was the one who initiated all the hard hits and stuff, and when Brandon didnt just cave in , but instead started dishing them back out, Calgary wore themselves down, face it, last few games, brandon beat calgary at there own game, tight defensive
It wasn't legal, but it wasn't illegal....It was very boderline though. You can't deny that.....If a guy gets injured on a hit like that, you can't say it was 100% legal and clean.......

Old
04-21-2005, 02:20 PM
Hordichuk_24

Quote:
It wasn't legal, but it wasn't illegal....It was very boderline though. You can't deny that.....If a guy gets injured on a hit like that, you can't say it was 100% legal and clean.......
Stone hit Carson with his shoulder. So it was a legal hit.

Old
04-21-2005, 05:41 PM
Jared Ramsden
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hordichuk_24
Stone hit Carson with his shoulder. So it was a legal hit.
It was still borderline....Carson's back was turned.....It wasn't dirty, but still, can I get some aggreance here that the hit was at least borderline? I mean he gave him whiplash and a concussion.....

Old
04-21-2005, 05:43 PM
allin4466

stone

Well, heres my opinion on the matter. The referees at the game didnt call a penalty. typically, if a hit is dirty and causes a concussion, it is reviewed by the league. No suspension or fines or anything came out of it. There are hits like that in every hockey game, its just not always ryan stone delivering them

Old
04-21-2005, 06:39 PM
Jared Ramsden
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by allin4466
Well, heres my opinion on the matter. The referees at the game didnt call a penalty. typically, if a hit is dirty and causes a concussion, it is reviewed by the league. No suspension or fines or anything came out of it. There are hits like that in every hockey game, its just not always ryan stone delivering them
Refs do miss calls from time to time....and there aren't hits like that every game....if there were, there would be a lot of whiplashed and concussed players.....

Old
04-21-2005, 07:49 PM
Hordichuk_24

Quote:
It was still borderline....Carson's back was turned.....It wasn't dirty, but still, can I get some aggreance here that the hit was at least borderline? I mean he gave him whiplash and a concussion.....
It was from the side. It wasn't a hit from behind. If it was a hit from behind then I would agree, it was borderline. I probably still have the game on tape, maybe I'll watch it again...

Old
04-21-2005, 10:55 PM
Jared Ramsden
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hordichuk_24
It was from the side. It wasn't a hit from behind. If it was a hit from behind then I would agree, it was borderline. I probably still have the game on tape, maybe I'll watch it again...
It was pretty much inbetween in that it was half on the side, half from behind....I saw the play, it was right in front of the section I worked at....I think Stone could have at least been assesed a charging penalty, just because he skated all the way from the other end of the rink to make the hit, which is why the hit looked as violent as it did.......

Old
04-22-2005, 12:12 AM
Hordichuk_24

Quote:
It was pretty much inbetween in that it was half on the side, half from behind....I saw the play, it was right in front of the section I worked at....I think Stone could have at least been assesed a charging penalty, just because he skated all the way from the other end of the rink to make the hit, which is why the hit looked as violent as it did.......
I can live with that. Carson slightly turned at the last minute which made it worse for him. If Stone went at Carson with an elbow I'd totally understand Calgary fans being pissed off. But it was with a shoulder and it was clean in my opinion.

Closed Thread