HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Orr teaches Kaleta a lesson

Closed Thread

Old
03-22-2013, 05:17 PM
DickSmehlik

vCash: 500
Kaleta drew 3 penalties in a little over than 5 minutes played, he did his job (one of which resulted in a PP goal).

Orr played 2 seconds and was tossed. Not too sure he did his job.

Old
03-22-2013, 05:22 PM
TieClark

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickSmehlik View Post
Kaleta drew 3 penalties in a little over than 5 minutes played, he did his job (one of which resulted in a PP goal).

Orr played 2 seconds and was tossed. Not too sure he did his job.
I'm not sure which play you're referring to that led to a goal... the only one I remember was a brutal call.

As for Orr... I'd say he did his job perfectly. He pummeled the guy but didn't do anything over the top. "Doing his job" as you're putting it would refer to some sort of dirty play that left Kaleta unable to play...

Old
03-22-2013, 05:38 PM
Kulleroinen*
Oilers!

Orr is such a coward.

Old
03-22-2013, 05:42 PM
smitty10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulleroinen View Post
Orr is such a coward.
Of course. The guy who'll fight anyone in the league is a coward.

A little upset?

Old
03-22-2013, 05:46 PM
Kulleroinen*
Oilers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
Of course. The guy who'll fight anyone in the league is a coward.

A little upset?
Obviously that anyone includes guys that aren't even fighting him. Let's see how upset you are when a coward like Orr fights for example Kadri like that. Glad that you won't be upset at all!

Old
03-22-2013, 05:52 PM
Ogie Goldthorpe
Piloted Ogre Hog

I'd take Kaleta over Orr for my team any day.

Then again, I'm a Canucks fan.

Old
03-22-2013, 06:12 PM
eyeball11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elum View Post
So giving the other team a 4 min PP (I think,didn't catch the game), isn't costing your team? What if the Sabres scored twice or even once.

Orr didn't "neuter" Kaleta either.
If the queen had nuts she'd be king. So again, enlighten me as to how anything Orr did had any effect on the score?

If he didn't neuter him, name me one other thing that Kaleta did that game.

Old
03-22-2013, 06:14 PM
eyeball11

Quote:
Originally Posted by xNick View Post
He gave the sabres a 4 min power play , just because they didn't score he still gave the sabres a advantage.
So as I said (and quoted), he did nothing to cost his team a win.

I'm glad you agree.

Old
03-22-2013, 06:32 PM
xNick

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeball11 View Post
So as I said (and quoted), he did nothing to cost his team a win.

I'm glad you agree.
So if the Sabres did score, do you still think it would be worth it?

Putting your team a man down for 4 minutes and getting ejected isnt helping your team. Kaleta would of take that so called "beating" every game if it meant getting his team that power play. He lives for games like yesterdays and he suckered Orr into a stupid penalty.

He wasn't that noticeable for the rest of the game but he still played a role and helped his team.

Old
03-22-2013, 06:47 PM
Leo W
Stanley Cup Champs

I'm from Buffalo, I can't stand that Sabres fans actually think Kaleta isn't a piece of ****. I was cheering when Orr decided to do that to Kaleta. Can't ****ing stand players like him. At least Ott has skill.

Old
03-22-2013, 06:49 PM
eyeball11

Quote:
Originally Posted by xNick View Post
So if the Sabres did score, do you still think it would be worth it?

Putting your team a man down for 4 minutes and getting ejected isnt helping your team. Kaleta would of take that so called "beating" every game if it meant getting his team that power play. He lives for games like yesterdays and he suckered Orr into a stupid penalty.

He wasn't that noticeable for the rest of the game but he still played a role and helped his team.
The poster I quoted said that Orr cost his team a win. This isn't rocket science. There is no "but he could have", he either did or he didn't. He didn't.

Helping your team is making sure your players don't get run and potentially injured. Orr did exactly that. Kaleta did nothing the rest of the game. Mission accomplished. Yes, I would take that penalty from Orr time and time again. For several years a lot of teams have taken liberties with the Leafs. It makes it very hard for the skilled players. No one does that this year. Boston used to physically manhandle them yet in two games so far this year, they've barely even engaged them physically. I have zero problem whatsoever if someone takes a penalty for holding someone accountable. So be it. In fact I encourage it.

Old
03-22-2013, 06:52 PM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Nobody had it coming worse that Kaleta. Big props to Orr.

Old
03-22-2013, 07:01 PM
Milan the God*
king karlsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by TieClark View Post
Based on the current rules maybe, but there is no way a team shouldn't be able to handle a punk like Kaleta in the exact way Orr did. He has a history of doing what he did the shift prior (running players, diving etc.) and then cowers when challenged.
Well, the instigator rule needs to go. But yeah, under the current rules, the Sabres should have had a seven minute powerplay (in my opinion).

Old
03-22-2013, 07:02 PM
Elum

vCash: 113
Quote:
If the queen had nuts she'd be king. So again, enlighten me as to how anything Orr did had any effect on the score?

If he didn't neuter him, name me one other thing that Kaleta did that game.
Well, the Sabres usually get scored on in the first few minutes of the game. That was 1 goal the Leafs could have had but never had the chance to.

But on a more serious note, no, Orr giving the Sabres a 4 minute PP didn't directly have an outcome on the score. You did said that what Orr did didn't cost his team anything, which is false.

I stated in my other post that I didn't catch the game, so I couldn't name something Kaleta did even if he did do anything. I do know that stuff like this has happened to Kaleta numerous times before, but he does what he does.

Quote:
Helping your team is making sure your players don't get run and potentially injured. Orr did exactly that. Kaleta did nothing the rest of the game. Mission accomplished. Yes, I would take that penalty from Orr time and time again. For several years a lot of teams have taken liberties with the Leafs. It makes it very hard for the skilled players. No one does that this year. Boston used to physically manhandle them yet in two games so far this year, they've barely even engaged them physically. I have zero problem whatsoever if someone takes a penalty for holding someone accountable. So be it. In fact I encourage it.

I too, would take Orr taking that penalty time and time again. Who knows, it might actually cost your team a goal or 2 every once in a while.

Boston hasn't played physical against the Sabres in their 3 games either, but Bruins fan say its not because we got more physical.

Last edited by Elum: 03-22-2013 at 07:10 PM.
Old
03-22-2013, 07:03 PM
leeaf83
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to leeaf83 Send a message via Yahoo to leeaf83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulleroinen View Post
Obviously that anyone includes guys that aren't even fighting him. Let's see how upset you are when a coward like Orr fights for example Kadri like that. Glad that you won't be upset at all!
When Kadri starts trolling even one 10th as much as Kaleta, then your point MIGHT actually be valid.

Old
03-22-2013, 07:07 PM
Sinter Klaas

vCash: 1147
Quote:
Originally Posted by TieClark View Post
I'm not sure which play you're referring to that led to a goal... the only one I remember was a brutal call.

The first Buffalo goal was a result of a penalty that Kaleta drew. The same period where Orr "taught him a lesson" (I guess you can say Kaleta failed it).

Old
03-22-2013, 07:14 PM
eyeball11

Quote:
Well, the Sabres usually get scored on in the first few minutes of the game. That was 1 goal the Leafs could have had but never had the chance to.

But on a more serious note, no, Orr giving the Sabres a 4 minute PP didn't directly have an outcome on the score. You did said that what Orr did didn't cost his team anything, which is false.

I stated in my other post that I didn't catch the game, so I couldn't name something Kaleta did even if he did do anything. I do know that stuff like this has happened to Kaleta numerous times before, but he does what he does.

I too, would take Orr taking that penalty time and time again. Who knows, it might actually cost your team a goal or 2 every once in a while.

Boston hasn't played physical against the Sabres in their 3 games either, but Bruins fan say its not because we got more physical.
How can it be false? Being false would require proof. What's your proof?

What Orr did won't stop Kaleta from being stupid in other games. All we know is he didn't take any more liberties in THIS game and that is all that concerns Colton Orr.

Old
03-22-2013, 07:25 PM
eyeball11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinter Klaas View Post
The first Buffalo goal was a result of a penalty that Kaleta drew. The same period where Orr "taught him a lesson" (I guess you can say Kaleta failed it).
That might make some modicum of sense if Kaleta's actions involved him taking liberties. They didn't. It was an interference call.

Old
03-22-2013, 07:31 PM
Elum

vCash: 113
Quote:
How can it be false? Being false would require proof. What's your proof?

What Orr did won't stop Kaleta from being stupid in other games. All we know is he didn't take any more liberties in THIS game and that is all that concerns Colton Orr.
My proof is that they had to kill off a 4 minute penalty.

Like I've said, I wasn't able to watch the game so I don't know how Kaleta played after that. If by liberties you mean the kinds of hits that caused Orr to go after him though, he doesn't always make those hits every game.

Old
03-22-2013, 07:33 PM
TieClark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan the Great View Post
Well, the instigator rule needs to go. But yeah, under the current rules, the Sabres should have had a seven minute powerplay (in my opinion).
Well the instigator in itself is a rule... they don't give out 5 minute PP's for instigating a fight. I was surprised at the 4 tbh because the initial cross check seemed to be the start of the fight.. perhaps because he actually broke his stick over him but who knows. The rule itself doesn't make sense and the refs don't fully understand what should and shouldn't be called I don't think.

Quote:
Right... so like I thought the one that was a long time after Orr was out and the one that was on a brutal call where Fraser hit Kaleta has he chipped the puck in and it was called interference

Old
03-22-2013, 07:36 PM
bud12

Quote:
My proof is that they had to kill off a 4 minute penalty.

Like I've said, I wasn't able to watch the game so I don't know how Kaleta played after that. If by liberties you mean the kinds of hits that caused Orr to go after him though, he doesn't always make those hits every game.
Orr did is job and Toronto killed the4min pp. Whats your point?

Old
03-22-2013, 07:43 PM
xNick

Quote:
The poster I quoted said that Orr cost his team a win. This isn't rocket science. There is no "but he could have", he either did or he didn't. He didn't.

How come nobody "neutered" Ott then? He was running around a lot more than kaleta an had ended up getting the game winner in the shoot out. The only reason kaleta wasn't running around the rest of the game is because he only got 5 minutes of ice time. He's a fourth line player and he played his role perfectly.

Old
03-22-2013, 07:53 PM
RealisticLeaf55
Hurt a Smurf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moskau View Post
I agree with what you're saying but it doesn't apply here.

Lemieux was beaten and then called out by national media for an entire summer. When he actually dropped the gloves he got beaten again and looked even worse.

Lucic beat the **** out of Komisarek multiple times. Komi actually challenged Lucic and got his ass beat further embarrassing him.

Samuelsson took the mother of all sucker punches and was knocked out cold in the goalies crease. He basically laid there lifeless and his goalie couldn't be bothered to lift an arm. He was obviously concussed from that punch.

All Orr did here was show Kaleta that he could beat on his protective gear for 30 seconds and get thrown out of the game. The guy had prime real estate to tee off on Kaleta's face and he couldn't connect with a single punch.
The denial, you'd swear it is almost bad for your health. Although not all of Orr's punches connected, he did crack him in the face a couple times. Yet again, stop reaching.

Old
03-22-2013, 08:38 PM
Sinter Klaas

vCash: 1147
Quote:
That might make some modicum of sense if Kaleta's actions involved him taking liberties. They didn't. It was an interference call.
Yes, an interference call where Fraser hits Kaleta who doesn't even have the puck.

Opposing players lose it when Kaleta is on the ice and do stuff like this all the time. He really doesn't have to try anymore. Unfortunately our powerplay hasn't been very effective this season.

Last edited by Sinter Klaas: 03-22-2013 at 09:02 PM.
Old
03-22-2013, 08:43 PM
TieClark

Quote:
Yes, an interference call where Fraser hits Kaleta who doesn't even have the puck.

Opposing players lose it when Kaleta is on the ice and do stuff like this all the time. He really doesn't have to try anymore. Unfortunately are powerplay hasn't been very effective this season.
Kaleta chipped the puck in like half a second before the hit...

Closed Thread