HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Orr teaches Kaleta a lesson

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-22-2013, 05:17 PM
  #226
DickSmehlik
Registered User
 
DickSmehlik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: DC
Country: United States
Posts: 1,797
vCash: 500
Kaleta drew 3 penalties in a little over than 5 minutes played, he did his job (one of which resulted in a PP goal).

Orr played 2 seconds and was tossed. Not too sure he did his job.

DickSmehlik is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 05:22 PM
  #227
TieClark
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 4,115
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DickSmehlik View Post
Kaleta drew 3 penalties in a little over than 5 minutes played, he did his job (one of which resulted in a PP goal).

Orr played 2 seconds and was tossed. Not too sure he did his job.
I'm not sure which play you're referring to that led to a goal... the only one I remember was a brutal call.

As for Orr... I'd say he did his job perfectly. He pummeled the guy but didn't do anything over the top. "Doing his job" as you're putting it would refer to some sort of dirty play that left Kaleta unable to play...

TieClark is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 05:38 PM
  #228
Kulleroinen*
Oilers!
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,893
vCash: 500
Orr is such a coward.

Kulleroinen* is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 05:42 PM
  #229
smitty10
Registered User
 
smitty10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,305
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulleroinen View Post
Orr is such a coward.
Of course. The guy who'll fight anyone in the league is a coward.

A little upset?

smitty10 is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 05:46 PM
  #230
Kulleroinen*
Oilers!
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,893
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
Of course. The guy who'll fight anyone in the league is a coward.

A little upset?
Obviously that anyone includes guys that aren't even fighting him. Let's see how upset you are when a coward like Orr fights for example Kadri like that. Glad that you won't be upset at all!

Kulleroinen* is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 05:52 PM
  #231
Ogie Goldthorpe
Piloted Ogre Hog
 
Ogie Goldthorpe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: NS via BC
Posts: 2,790
vCash: 500
I'd take Kaleta over Orr for my team any day.

Then again, I'm a Canucks fan.

Ogie Goldthorpe is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 06:12 PM
  #232
eyeball11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 12,967
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elum View Post
So giving the other team a 4 min PP (I think,didn't catch the game), isn't costing your team? What if the Sabres scored twice or even once.

Orr didn't "neuter" Kaleta either.
If the queen had nuts she'd be king. So again, enlighten me as to how anything Orr did had any effect on the score?

If he didn't neuter him, name me one other thing that Kaleta did that game.

eyeball11 is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 06:14 PM
  #233
eyeball11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 12,967
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xNick View Post
He gave the sabres a 4 min power play , just because they didn't score he still gave the sabres a advantage.
So as I said (and quoted), he did nothing to cost his team a win.

I'm glad you agree.

eyeball11 is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 06:32 PM
  #234
xNick
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 27
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeball11 View Post
So as I said (and quoted), he did nothing to cost his team a win.

I'm glad you agree.
So if the Sabres did score, do you still think it would be worth it?

Putting your team a man down for 4 minutes and getting ejected isnt helping your team. Kaleta would of take that so called "beating" every game if it meant getting his team that power play. He lives for games like yesterdays and he suckered Orr into a stupid penalty.

He wasn't that noticeable for the rest of the game but he still played a role and helped his team.

xNick is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 06:47 PM
  #235
Leo W
Stanley Cup Champs
 
Leo W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,780
vCash: 500
I'm from Buffalo, I can't stand that Sabres fans actually think Kaleta isn't a piece of ****. I was cheering when Orr decided to do that to Kaleta. Can't ****ing stand players like him. At least Ott has skill.

Leo W is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 06:49 PM
  #236
eyeball11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 12,967
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xNick View Post
So if the Sabres did score, do you still think it would be worth it?

Putting your team a man down for 4 minutes and getting ejected isnt helping your team. Kaleta would of take that so called "beating" every game if it meant getting his team that power play. He lives for games like yesterdays and he suckered Orr into a stupid penalty.

He wasn't that noticeable for the rest of the game but he still played a role and helped his team.
The poster I quoted said that Orr cost his team a win. This isn't rocket science. There is no "but he could have", he either did or he didn't. He didn't.

Helping your team is making sure your players don't get run and potentially injured. Orr did exactly that. Kaleta did nothing the rest of the game. Mission accomplished. Yes, I would take that penalty from Orr time and time again. For several years a lot of teams have taken liberties with the Leafs. It makes it very hard for the skilled players. No one does that this year. Boston used to physically manhandle them yet in two games so far this year, they've barely even engaged them physically. I have zero problem whatsoever if someone takes a penalty for holding someone accountable. So be it. In fact I encourage it.

eyeball11 is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 06:52 PM
  #237
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26
 
Lion Hound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,728
vCash: 500
Nobody had it coming worse that Kaleta. Big props to Orr.

Lion Hound is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 07:01 PM
  #238
Milan the God*
king karlsson
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,958
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TieClark View Post
Based on the current rules maybe, but there is no way a team shouldn't be able to handle a punk like Kaleta in the exact way Orr did. He has a history of doing what he did the shift prior (running players, diving etc.) and then cowers when challenged.
Well, the instigator rule needs to go. But yeah, under the current rules, the Sabres should have had a seven minute powerplay (in my opinion).

Milan the God* is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 07:02 PM
  #239
Elum
Registered User
 
Elum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 594
vCash: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeball11 View Post
If the queen had nuts she'd be king. So again, enlighten me as to how anything Orr did had any effect on the score?

If he didn't neuter him, name me one other thing that Kaleta did that game.
Well, the Sabres usually get scored on in the first few minutes of the game. That was 1 goal the Leafs could have had but never had the chance to.

But on a more serious note, no, Orr giving the Sabres a 4 minute PP didn't directly have an outcome on the score. You did said that what Orr did didn't cost his team anything, which is false.

I stated in my other post that I didn't catch the game, so I couldn't name something Kaleta did even if he did do anything. I do know that stuff like this has happened to Kaleta numerous times before, but he does what he does.

Quote:
Helping your team is making sure your players don't get run and potentially injured. Orr did exactly that. Kaleta did nothing the rest of the game. Mission accomplished. Yes, I would take that penalty from Orr time and time again. For several years a lot of teams have taken liberties with the Leafs. It makes it very hard for the skilled players. No one does that this year. Boston used to physically manhandle them yet in two games so far this year, they've barely even engaged them physically. I have zero problem whatsoever if someone takes a penalty for holding someone accountable. So be it. In fact I encourage it.

I too, would take Orr taking that penalty time and time again. Who knows, it might actually cost your team a goal or 2 every once in a while.

Boston hasn't played physical against the Sabres in their 3 games either, but Bruins fan say its not because we got more physical.


Last edited by Elum: 03-22-2013 at 07:10 PM.
Elum is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 07:03 PM
  #240
leeaf83
HFBoards Sponsor
 
leeaf83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,041
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to leeaf83 Send a message via Yahoo to leeaf83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulleroinen View Post
Obviously that anyone includes guys that aren't even fighting him. Let's see how upset you are when a coward like Orr fights for example Kadri like that. Glad that you won't be upset at all!
When Kadri starts trolling even one 10th as much as Kaleta, then your point MIGHT actually be valid.

leeaf83 is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 07:07 PM
  #241
Sinter Klaas
Registered User
 
Sinter Klaas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Making Lists
Country:
Posts: 724
vCash: 1147
Quote:
Originally Posted by TieClark View Post
I'm not sure which play you're referring to that led to a goal... the only one I remember was a brutal call.

.
The first Buffalo goal was a result of a penalty that Kaleta drew. The same period where Orr "taught him a lesson" (I guess you can say Kaleta failed it).

Sinter Klaas is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 07:14 PM
  #242
eyeball11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 12,967
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elum View Post
Well, the Sabres usually get scored on in the first few minutes of the game. That was 1 goal the Leafs could have had but never had the chance to.

But on a more serious note, no, Orr giving the Sabres a 4 minute PP didn't directly have an outcome on the score. You did said that what Orr did didn't cost his team anything, which is false.

I stated in my other post that I didn't catch the game, so I couldn't name something Kaleta did even if he did do anything. I do know that stuff like this has happened to Kaleta numerous times before, but he does what he does.



I too, would take Orr taking that penalty time and time again. Who knows, it might actually cost your team a goal or 2 every once in a while.

Boston hasn't played physical against the Sabres in their 3 games either, but Bruins fan say its not because we got more physical.
How can it be false? Being false would require proof. What's your proof?

What Orr did won't stop Kaleta from being stupid in other games. All we know is he didn't take any more liberties in THIS game and that is all that concerns Colton Orr.

eyeball11 is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 07:25 PM
  #243
eyeball11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 12,967
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinter Klaas View Post
The first Buffalo goal was a result of a penalty that Kaleta drew. The same period where Orr "taught him a lesson" (I guess you can say Kaleta failed it).
That might make some modicum of sense if Kaleta's actions involved him taking liberties. They didn't. It was an interference call.

eyeball11 is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 07:31 PM
  #244
Elum
Registered User
 
Elum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 594
vCash: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeball11 View Post
How can it be false? Being false would require proof. What's your proof?

What Orr did won't stop Kaleta from being stupid in other games. All we know is he didn't take any more liberties in THIS game and that is all that concerns Colton Orr.
My proof is that they had to kill off a 4 minute penalty.

Like I've said, I wasn't able to watch the game so I don't know how Kaleta played after that. If by liberties you mean the kinds of hits that caused Orr to go after him though, he doesn't always make those hits every game.

Elum is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 07:33 PM
  #245
TieClark
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 4,115
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan the Great View Post
Well, the instigator rule needs to go. But yeah, under the current rules, the Sabres should have had a seven minute powerplay (in my opinion).
Well the instigator in itself is a rule... they don't give out 5 minute PP's for instigating a fight. I was surprised at the 4 tbh because the initial cross check seemed to be the start of the fight.. perhaps because he actually broke his stick over him but who knows. The rule itself doesn't make sense and the refs don't fully understand what should and shouldn't be called I don't think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinter Klaas View Post
The first Buffalo goal was a result of a penalty that Kaleta drew. The same period where Orr "taught him a lesson" (I guess you can say Kaleta failed it).
Right... so like I thought the one that was a long time after Orr was out and the one that was on a brutal call where Fraser hit Kaleta has he chipped the puck in and it was called interference

TieClark is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 07:36 PM
  #246
bud12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elum View Post
My proof is that they had to kill off a 4 minute penalty.

Like I've said, I wasn't able to watch the game so I don't know how Kaleta played after that. If by liberties you mean the kinds of hits that caused Orr to go after him though, he doesn't always make those hits every game.
Orr did is job and Toronto killed the4min pp. Whats your point?

bud12 is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 07:43 PM
  #247
xNick
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 27
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeball11 View Post
The poster I quoted said that Orr cost his team a win. This isn't rocket science. There is no "but he could have", he either did or he didn't. He didn't.

Helping your team is making sure your players don't get run and potentially injured. Orr did exactly that. Kaleta did nothing the rest of the game. Mission accomplished. Yes, I would take that penalty from Orr time and time again. For several years a lot of teams have taken liberties with the Leafs. It makes it very hard for the skilled players. No one does that this year. Boston used to physically manhandle them yet in two games so far this year, they've barely even engaged them physically. I have zero problem whatsoever if someone takes a penalty for holding someone accountable. So be it. In fact I encourage it.
How come nobody "neutered" Ott then? He was running around a lot more than kaleta an had ended up getting the game winner in the shoot out. The only reason kaleta wasn't running around the rest of the game is because he only got 5 minutes of ice time. He's a fourth line player and he played his role perfectly.

xNick is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 07:53 PM
  #248
RealisticLeaf55
Hurt a Smurf
 
RealisticLeaf55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ottawa, On.
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,963
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moskau View Post
I agree with what you're saying but it doesn't apply here.

Lemieux was beaten and then called out by national media for an entire summer. When he actually dropped the gloves he got beaten again and looked even worse.

Lucic beat the **** out of Komisarek multiple times. Komi actually challenged Lucic and got his ass beat further embarrassing him.

Samuelsson took the mother of all sucker punches and was knocked out cold in the goalies crease. He basically laid there lifeless and his goalie couldn't be bothered to lift an arm. He was obviously concussed from that punch.

All Orr did here was show Kaleta that he could beat on his protective gear for 30 seconds and get thrown out of the game. The guy had prime real estate to tee off on Kaleta's face and he couldn't connect with a single punch.
The denial, you'd swear it is almost bad for your health. Although not all of Orr's punches connected, he did crack him in the face a couple times. Yet again, stop reaching.

RealisticLeaf55 is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 08:38 PM
  #249
Sinter Klaas
Registered User
 
Sinter Klaas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Making Lists
Country:
Posts: 724
vCash: 1147
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeball11 View Post
That might make some modicum of sense if Kaleta's actions involved him taking liberties. They didn't. It was an interference call.
Yes, an interference call where Fraser hits Kaleta who doesn't even have the puck.

Opposing players lose it when Kaleta is on the ice and do stuff like this all the time. He really doesn't have to try anymore. Unfortunately our powerplay hasn't been very effective this season.


Last edited by Sinter Klaas: 03-22-2013 at 09:02 PM.
Sinter Klaas is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 08:43 PM
  #250
TieClark
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 4,115
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinter Klaas View Post
Yes, an interference call where Fraser hits Kaleta who doesn't even have the puck.

Opposing players lose it when Kaleta is on the ice and do stuff like this all the time. He really doesn't have to try anymore. Unfortunately are powerplay hasn't been very effective this season.
Kaleta chipped the puck in like half a second before the hit...

TieClark is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:45 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.