HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs on Tradecentre Part 3 (Who do you want at the deadline/in free agency?)

Closed Thread

Old
03-26-2013, 04:31 AM
Mats86

vCash: 500
I would offer a package for Iginla. You don't get too many chances at a cup and this year we are a long shot. Could be that 1 big player away from top contender. Next year age may catch up to Markov, shelf life on Therrein could be nearing, injuries could occur, somebody like Subban or Patches could be Cole of this year. When you are this close go for it.

Give up our first with Kristo and a Ellis or Bennett.

Old
03-26-2013, 06:35 AM
Madevilz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexdaman View Post
- Sign Ryder to a 1yr 3M$ contract ( there is no better left winger than Ryder on the UFA market this summer. )
That's why he'll take 3M? lol especially for a 1 year contract, real talk.

Old
03-26-2013, 06:57 AM
HomaridII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats86 View Post
I would offer a package for Iginla. You don't get too many chances at a cup and this year we are a long shot. Could be that 1 big player away from top contender. Next year age may catch up to Markov, shelf life on Therrein could be nearing, injuries could occur, somebody like Subban or Patches could be Cole of this year. When you are this close go for it.

I thought the Habs were not amongst the teams Iginla submitted to the Flames that he would accept a trade to?

Old
03-26-2013, 07:00 AM
disturbedraven
Lets rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
I thought the Habs were not amongst the teams Iginla submitted to the Flames that he would accept a trade to?
he isn't, but I guess people who had their hopes torn apart when Perry signed in Anaheim had to turn their disappointment somewhere else. Reminds me of

when will people learn

Old
03-26-2013, 07:30 AM
No Team Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by disturbedraven View Post
he isn't, but I guess people who had their hopes torn apart when Perry signed in Anaheim had to turn their disappointment somewhere else. Reminds me of

when will people learn
That picture really doesn't work when he gets the princess in the last castle.

Old
03-26-2013, 08:21 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

In spite of what's being said/written, I still strongly believe that Lamoriello will resign David Clarkson.

Old
03-26-2013, 08:23 AM
Tuggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
Facts like that don't stop people around here...

Old
03-26-2013, 08:27 AM
Habaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats86 View Post

I would throw up. And post pictures on this site, if MB does
something this stupid.

Old
03-26-2013, 08:27 AM
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
In spite of what's being said/written, I still strongly believe that Lamoriello will resign David Clarkson.
they've got cap space, need & history...
hard to imagine they won't, unless Clarkson is demanding an insane amount... in which case he won't be worth the risk.

Old
03-26-2013, 08:29 AM
RC51

Pits has made 2 moves. boston will also make a move or two.
Making moves right now is always about overpayment to make a run.
I don't want MB to overpay for anything. I don't want to give picks at all.
If you look at the habs right now, this is a team that is being built for a really good 5 year window, but it does not start this year. MB must still re-adjust the money thing. Bergervin needs another 3-6 months to really fix things up. Those that overpay now will need to fix problems next year and all under the64mil CAP. Bergervin can setup to take advantage of all this if he does not panic NOW.

Old
03-26-2013, 08:34 AM
ItsAboutHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51 View Post
Pits has made 2 moves. boston will also make a move or two.
Making moves right now is always about overpayment to make a run.
I don't want MB to overpay for anything. I don't want to give picks at all.
If you look at the habs right now, this is a team that is being built for a really good 5 year window, but it does not start this year. MB must still re-adjust the money thing. Bergervin needs another 3-6 months to really fix things up. Those that overpay now will need to fix problems next year and all under the64mil CAP. Bergervin can setup to take advantage of all this if he does not panic NOW.
Completely agree with that, it's not worth sacrificing the future which looks very promissing for a shot at the cup this year, I think they should give it a go this year with what they got I mean Halak brought them to the conference finals and they didn't have such a good team then.

This year is different I don't think they need a big trade to get a good chace at the cup.

Old
03-26-2013, 08:36 AM
Kingbobert
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
The core of the team is young enough so that we shouldn't gamble for everything this year. We've also got long-term contracts on many of our core players. Instead of gambling picks we should wait for this summer to sign one or two UFA. The team so far has been doing great with few physical players, if we need to add toughness it's better to do it after the PO. Let's hope our boys don't get too banged up out there and make the best run possible.

This is what I want this summer

- Trade Moen for a draft pick/prospect

- Sign Armstrong to a 1yr 650K$ contract ( Army can do much better than he's doing right now and playing with Moen and White didn't help him )
- Sign Bryan Bickell to a 4yr 2.5M$ per contract
- Get rid of White ( he's terrible and I hope for him that his future gets brighter )
- Bring up Dumont to complete the fourth line

- Buy out Kaberle and trade Weber if we still can.
- Sign Ryder to a 1yr 3M$ contract ( there is no better left winger than Ryder on the UFA market this summer. )

agreed.
Moen has to go, Army really could be a better player he's actually being held back from being more effective (hes not a super star or anything just saying he could be more effective than he is atm), to me Dumont should take Whites spot this year.

Other than the local boy thing, he's really impressed me. Goes in dirty areas, takes a beating, is more able to fish out pucks from corners than you would of thought he was, and every good team needs a quebec pest lol

Old
03-26-2013, 08:42 AM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

Quote:
The core of the team is young enough so that we shouldn't gamble for everything this year. We've also got long-term contracts on many of our core players. Instead of gambling picks we should wait for this summer to sign one or two UFA. The team so far has been doing great with few physical players, if we need to add toughness it's better to do it after the PO. Let's hope our boys don't get too banged up out there and make the best run possible.

- Sign Armstrong to a 1yr 650K$ contract ( Army can do much better than he's doing right now and playing with Moen and White didn't help him )
- Get rid of White ( he's terrible and I hope for him that his future gets brighter )

1. Bryan Bickell is no Brandon Prust... I hope he's not getting $2.5 for 4 years.

2. Why the hell would Ryder sign a 1 year deal with less money than he makes now? It's probably his last contract of his career and he's going to want to cash in.

Old
03-26-2013, 08:46 AM
The Doors

Can't believe Shero made it so expensive for a 6th-7th stay at home defenceman... the exact type of player Montreal needs when he knows Bergevin doesn't want to pay big.. interesting.

Most of the stay at home D out there that would be available are on their last legs or are really struggling this season. Which is why I'd rather pony up on Bouwmeester. It would be a great **** you by Bergevin to Ray Shero, you can have Murray!

On the other hand, a future considerations for Hannan maybe? I can't see what other D this team could pick up for really cheap. He's having a bad year and is slow, but rugged and experienced. He would be 7a and Kaberle 7b which isn't awful depth guys to give MT a couple of options in the playoffs.

Old
03-26-2013, 08:48 AM
sandysan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
I'm with you, I think he will resign with the devils although if it gets touchy, I can see lou letting him walk.

Old
03-26-2013, 09:11 AM
CrazyShea

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Team Needed View Post
That picture really doesn't work when he gets the princess in the last castle.
WTF man spoiler alert!

Old
03-26-2013, 09:42 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Let's face it, we haven't been good enough in the last decade to justify making a big trade at the deadline. Closest we came was Hossa that one year until PIT upped their offer.

It's up for debate, IMO, if we're even good enough this year to justify a big move. Are we the real deal or just on a hot 30 game streak? Is it worth the gamble now that we have an idea of how high the costs are? Bergevin has some tough decisions ahead IMO.
Bergy has no tough decisions this year. The year is already a success and he is under no pressure. It's a no brainer, Habs will not give up picks or youth this year, for a rental. Everyone should stop wetting their pants.

Old
03-26-2013, 09:44 AM
dreamingofdrouin*

Quote:

He makes 3.5 now, so i dont see him taking a half million dollar pay cut6...the guys gonna make another million....and he's a right wing

armstrong for 650 isnt happening either....he makes a million now and that's with toronto paying him as well.....the habs know he's worth more and other teams know he's worth more, and they will pay it.....definitely agree with keeping him though...he's a solid defensive player and i believe is production will continue to rise.

Old
03-26-2013, 09:45 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
Bergy has no tough decisions this year. The year is already a success and he is under no pressure. It's a no brainer, Habs will not give up picks or youth this year, for a rental. Everyone should stop wetting their pants.
I think you are grossly underestimating the intoxicating effect the possibility of a lengthy playoff run can have on an owner.

Old
03-26-2013, 09:47 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
I think you are grossly underestimating the intoxicating effect the possibility of a lengthy playoff run can have on an owner.
The Habs already have tons of revenue(not that GM wouldn't want more), I'm sure Gm will let MB focus on the "big picture" instead of looking for a quick fix.

Old
03-26-2013, 09:51 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
The Habs already have tons of revenue(not that GM wouldn't want more), I'm sure Gm will let MB focus on the "big picture" instead of looking for a quick fix.
I wasn't saying Molson would push Bergevin to sell the farm, just that I think it's ludicrous to suggest a GM in Bergevin's position has "no pressure".

Old
03-26-2013, 09:51 AM
bud12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingofdrouin View Post
He makes 3.5 now, so i dont see him taking a half million dollar pay cut6...the guys gonna make another million....and he's a right wing

armstrong for 650 isnt happening either....he makes a million now and that's with toronto paying him as well.....the habs know he's worth more and other teams know he's worth more, and they will pay it.....definitely agree with keeping him though...he's a solid defensive player and i believe is production will continue to rise.
what production?? the guy suck. No way he come back next year

Old
03-26-2013, 09:52 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

I don't see the obsession on here with trading Gionta and Moen. Part of the reason the team made a quick rebound from last year's mess was having strong leaders in the room, those guys make it much easier for guys like Galchenyuk Gallagher Tinordi etc to step in and play well plus they show the right example at difficult times.

Gionta's production is back to what it was his first 2 years here after a slow start(understandably after a 12 month layoff), unless he asks for a trade or a team makes a ridiculous offer, he shouldn't even be shopped let alone traded.

Moen is definitely having a down year, but he is a quality bottom 6 guy and a guy that usually shows up more at playoff time, we need more guys like him not less.

I can't see MB shopping either guy unless there is something we, on here, don't know about the situation.

Old
03-26-2013, 09:55 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
couldnt be more wrong. Pens strategy always been this : suck badly, get generational talents (Lemieux/Jagr), trade prospects and picks to help the generational talents, once the two are gone trough trade or retirement... suck badly, get generationnal talent (Crosby/Malkin), trade prospects and picks to help the generationnal talents...

wanna bet on what will happen once Malkin and Crosby are no longer playing for the Pens ?
This is my ****ing post of the decade. You are a star.

This is what I've been saying for years about the Pens. I mean, Lemieux, Jagr, then just in time for the second wave, Crosby.

**** off. On top of that, Malkin.

I ****ing hate the Pens so bad, way more than the Bruins or the Laffs. Their fans are incredibly lucky and don't even know it.

For you younger guys: The Pens came in in 67 and sucked bag for 20 ******* years., until Lemieux. They were **** **** ****. They were going nowhere, and except for Oakland, they were the worst ****test 67 expansion team. Meanwhile, the Blues, Philly, Minny, and even LA iced pretty good teams not long after expansion, and in the case of Philly,won 2 cups in their first 8 years.

I too cannot wait for Pens suckitude starting in about 3 years. I hope it lasts for 20 years, and they lose the franchise. I mean it. I ****ing hate the Pens.

Have I made myself clear?

Old
03-26-2013, 09:57 AM
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I don't see the obsession on here with trading Gionta and Moen. Part of the reason the team made a quick rebound from last year's mess was having strong leaders in the room, those guys make it much easier for guys like Galchenyuk Gallagher Tinordi etc to step in and play well plus they show the right example at difficult times.

Gionta's production is back to what it was his first 2 years here after a slow start(understandably after a 12 month layoff), unless he asks for a trade or a team makes a ridiculous offer, he shouldn't even be shopped let alone traded.

Moen is definitely having a down year, but he is a quality bottom 6 guy and a guy that usually shows up more at playoff time, we need more guys like him not less.

I can't see MB shopping either guy unless there is something we, on here, don't know about the situation.
You can't have 6-7 guys that play the role of energy players on a roster. You have to count on just a couple, minimum 2, but not more than 3, who will give energy, provide some momentum to your team with a big hit, or just play a never giving up kind of game that will help their teammates play a more inspired game.

Right now, Moen and White are being counted on to play this kind of game, and they're just not putting it together. They never have any big hits, they never shift the momentum in our favor with a huge shift, they don't fight when their team is down... They're doing absolutely nothing.

You can only have so many guys in your lineup who are paid/dressed to do that. So it's logical that either White or Moen, ideally both, would be sent packing to let a real energy player do his thing. Ideally, I agree with the minority here who think we could use an HW fighter that gets dressed from time to time to play against more physical teams, but before even considering that, the more urgent need is to integrate some energy players to this lineup on the 4th line.

As for Gionta, from where we stand, absolutely. We should not trade him at the trade deadline.

That being said, this summer, if an interesting opportunity arises, we have to keep all doors opened.

Closed Thread