HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hurricanes Off Topic Lounge X: Ma-Ma-Ma-Ma-Ma-Ma-Mad-Mad-Mad...Madness

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-27-2013, 01:15 PM
  #651
DaveG
Global Moderator
How's the thesis?
 
DaveG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Raleigh NC
Country: United States
Posts: 36,962
vCash: 50
Answer for the Jags is clearly Nard Dawg seriously it seems beyond their first 2 picks that they have no idea what they're doing in this draft.

DaveG is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 01:33 PM
  #652
Lethargic
Cthulhu 2016
 
Lethargic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Isle of Misfit Toys
Country: Somalia
Posts: 15,333
vCash: 500
Australian Hockey Captain died from snake bite.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti..._campaign=1490

Lethargic is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 01:43 PM
  #653
bilpeto
#Rongos Bandwagon
 
bilpeto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Raleigh
Country: United States
Posts: 7,600
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
Answer for the Jags is clearly Nard Dawg seriously it seems beyond their first 2 picks that they have no idea what they're doing in this draft.
Apparently the Panthers don't know what they're doing either.

bilpeto is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 03:07 PM
  #654
Brock Anton
panthers #badnwagon
 
Brock Anton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Westerly, RI
Country: United States
Posts: 16,762
vCash: 500
Mike Glennon is one ugly dude.

Brock Anton is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 03:20 PM
  #655
Novacane
Registered User
 
Novacane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Raleigh, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 22,052
vCash: 500
Barner? Interesting.

Novacane is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 03:21 PM
  #656
Brock Anton
panthers #badnwagon
 
Brock Anton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Westerly, RI
Country: United States
Posts: 16,762
vCash: 500
Never again to I have to see LeGarrette Blount fumble in a Bucs uniform.

Oh happy day!

Brock Anton is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 03:27 PM
  #657
DaveG
Global Moderator
How's the thesis?
 
DaveG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Raleigh NC
Country: United States
Posts: 36,962
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novacane View Post
Barner? Interesting.
Might be an interesting option to move him to the slot. Could be a potential Tavon type if he adjusts right.

DaveG is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 03:37 PM
  #658
BanginLikeaBiscuit
You are admonished!
 
BanginLikeaBiscuit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Raleigh, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 2,180
vCash: 500
It's all BPA for the Panthers this year, and I think we got some pretty good players. Defensive line, and the whole front 7 for that matter, is set for years to come. And Gettleman kept stressing when asked about the secondary, that he's learned that a lot of times the answer is on the roster. DJ Campbell and Josh Thomas looked pretty good at the end of last year, and Norman certainly has potential at corner. Can't say I know much about the OG or LB, but if they can be solid depth players for us, they'll be worth it. And check on Kenjon Barner on Sports Science, definitely makes me excited about the pick.



He'll get a year to learn and train at the NFL level, and when we do end up releasing D-Will, he'll be able to step up and be the change of pace back behind J-Stew.


EDIT: Also read on Twitter that he can be used as PR, and we're likely to try him there and use Ginn primarily as KR.

BanginLikeaBiscuit is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 03:59 PM
  #659
HisIceness
Michal Jordan
 
HisIceness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Charlotte
Country: United States
Posts: 11,943
vCash: 1365
Quote:
Originally Posted by garnetpalmetto View Post
The person I feel sorry for in the draft is Marcus Lattimore. If not for that fluke injury he'd likely have been selected by now.

And congrats on the bat'leth, CI!
I haven't kept up with his situation since that pep rally for him where Steve Spurrier tried to start **** with Dabo Swinney. What's his status?

HisIceness is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 04:47 PM
  #660
garnetpalmetto
Global Moderator
 
garnetpalmetto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Durham, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 7,088
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HisIceness View Post
I haven't kept up with his situation since that pep rally for him where Steve Spurrier tried to start **** with Dabo Swinney. What's his status?
He's still rehabbing, but was unable to take part in any running drills at the combine. Still got drafted in the 4th round by San Francisco, but he's one of those guys you just have to assign the "what if" label to - two consecutive seasons down the toilet to knee injuries. Here's hoping Lattimore has a healthy and prosperous NFL career that works out to his advantage.

Steelers have done a decent job trying to plug holes in this draft, although I'm a little worried we took an RB in the 2nd round. That's been our jinx pick for awhile now. I feel like the Steelers haven't been strong at that position since the Bus retired - Parker was decent, but a flash in the pan, and I was never 100% onboard with Mendenhall. Hopefully Bell can make something happen.

Picking Landry Jones intrigues me. Not following the Big XII at all, I wonder if this is about getting a solid, young backup for Roethlisberger or perhaps an interim QB if something goes sour with Ben (healthwise) until a new franchise QB can be drafted in the future.

__________________
garnetpalmetto is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 05:01 PM
  #661
DaveG
Global Moderator
How's the thesis?
 
DaveG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Raleigh NC
Country: United States
Posts: 36,962
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by garnetpalmetto View Post
He's still rehabbing, but was unable to take part in any running drills at the combine. Still got drafted in the 4th round by San Francisco, but he's one of those guys you just have to assign the "what if" label to - two consecutive seasons down the toilet to knee injuries. Here's hoping Lattimore has a healthy and prosperous NFL career that works out to his advantage.

Steelers have done a decent job trying to plug holes in this draft, although I'm a little worried we took an RB in the 2nd round. That's been our jinx pick for awhile now. I feel like the Steelers haven't been strong at that position since the Bus retired - Parker was decent, but a flash in the pan, and I was never 100% onboard with Mendenhall. Hopefully Bell can make something happen.

Picking Landry Jones intrigues me. Not following the Big XII at all, I wonder if this is about getting a solid, young backup for Roethlisberger or perhaps an interim QB if something goes sour with Ben (healthwise) until a new franchise QB can be drafted in the future.
It is. Jones is a much more solid backup option then I expected to be there. He's had issues with consistency at OU, but look back to his Soph and Junior years and he was a solid QB. Possible 1st rounder as a Soph, 2nd as a Junior. Solid prospect, probably the second best bet to have a solid pro career out of this draft class behind Geno.

The Bell pick I like, he can play that physical hard rushing game we've been missing since Bus retired.

DaveG is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 06:31 PM
  #662
Carolinas Identity
In Nelson We Trust
 
Carolinas Identity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: United States
Posts: 24,133
vCash: 50
I just met Eliza Dushku. Your feelings of jealousy shall sustain me for many moons BWAHAHAHAHAHA


Carolinas Identity is online now  
Old
04-27-2013, 07:57 PM
  #663
DaveG
Global Moderator
How's the thesis?
 
DaveG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Raleigh NC
Country: United States
Posts: 36,962
vCash: 50
.... mother ****er.

no seriously though, that's pretty badass. Guessing she was there at the expo?

DaveG is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 08:13 PM
  #664
HisIceness
Michal Jordan
 
HisIceness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Charlotte
Country: United States
Posts: 11,943
vCash: 1365
She purty.

(insert gif of guy raising glass here)

HisIceness is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 08:28 PM
  #665
Lethargic
Cthulhu 2016
 
Lethargic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Isle of Misfit Toys
Country: Somalia
Posts: 15,333
vCash: 500
I would drag my nuts across a baron desert just to hear her open a can of beer on a short wave radio.

Lethargic is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 08:56 PM
  #666
gocanes88
I heart Forslund
 
gocanes88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Fayetteville, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 2,559
vCash: 500
Jussi Trollinen (that will forever be his name to me) has just won the Canes board.

gocanes88 is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 09:14 PM
  #667
Carolinas Identity
In Nelson We Trust
 
Carolinas Identity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: United States
Posts: 24,133
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
.... mother ****er.

no seriously though, that's pretty badass. Guessing she was there at the expo?
Ya she was, and she really turned my frown upside down. I was forced to miss a photo op with Kristanna Loken (The T-X from Terminator 3) because they wouldn't let me out of the Weird Al concert for 20 minutes. Ya I wasted 40 bucks, but Weird Al put on a f***ing Amazing show for a 53 year old and I Get to meet Gillian Anderson tomorrow at 11am. All in all a good weekend.


Also not quite as sexy, but I just met Michale Biehn (Kyle Reese from Terminator and Dwayne Hicks from Aliens)



I expect much hilarity tomorrow tho. No idea why, but I'm going as Master Chief with a horse head.....

...Wrap your head around that


Carolinas Identity is online now  
Old
04-27-2013, 09:17 PM
  #668
HisIceness
Michal Jordan
 
HisIceness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Charlotte
Country: United States
Posts: 11,943
vCash: 1365
Thunder beating up on Rockets.

HisIceness is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 09:35 PM
  #669
DaveG
Global Moderator
How's the thesis?
 
DaveG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Raleigh NC
Country: United States
Posts: 36,962
vCash: 50
ok, the Master Chief with Horsehead is all kinds of win. Honestly you're probably going to have people dieing to take pictures with you sporting that. Likely will end up on reddit and/or /b/

DaveG is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 09:41 PM
  #670
Carolinas Identity
In Nelson We Trust
 
Carolinas Identity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: United States
Posts: 24,133
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
ok, the Master Chief with Horsehead is all kinds of win. Honestly you're probably going to have people dieing to take pictures with you sporting that. Likely will end up on reddit and/or /b/
I'll bring a phaser for good measure lol. but ya. That horse head is latex and makes me sweat like a mother ****er, but it's so hilarious I'll deal with it.

Carolinas Identity is online now  
Old
04-27-2013, 09:44 PM
  #671
Carolinas Identity
In Nelson We Trust
 
Carolinas Identity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: United States
Posts: 24,133
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by gocanes88 View Post
Jussi Trollinen (that will forever be his name to me) has just won the Canes board.
So you're saying I've achieved some sort of cult following status?

Carolinas Identity is online now  
Old
04-27-2013, 09:50 PM
  #672
bilpeto
#Rongos Bandwagon
 
bilpeto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Raleigh
Country: United States
Posts: 7,600
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolinas Identity View Post
So you're saying I've achieved some sort of cult following status?
Well I still refer to you was Trollinen. I don't like the new username, to be honest. It's also why I won't change usernames unless something awesome pops up. garnetpalmetto would be crushed.

bilpeto is offline  
Old
04-27-2013, 09:57 PM
  #673
Carolinas Identity
In Nelson We Trust
 
Carolinas Identity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: United States
Posts: 24,133
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PublicEnemy View Post
Well I still refer to you was Trollinen. I don't like the new username, to be honest. It's also why I won't change usernames unless something awesome pops up. garnetpalmetto would be crushed.
I like the old one too but Jussi got traded literally like 12 hours before I turned 30. I felt like something new was warranted.

Jussi is also (coincidently) only 4 days older than me. And I didn't wanna become a Pens fan haha

Carolinas Identity is online now  
Old
04-27-2013, 11:28 PM
  #674
gocanes88
I heart Forslund
 
gocanes88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Fayetteville, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 2,559
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolinas Identity View Post
So you're saying I've achieved some sort of cult following status?
You're right up there with Amaxing Joni Jokel in the Legends Division of our little section on HFBoards.

gocanes88 is offline  
Old
04-28-2013, 09:29 AM
  #675
CanesAvs16
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 565
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gocanes88 View Post
You're right up there with Amaxing Joni Jokel in the Legends Division of our little section on HFBoards.

CanesAvs16 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:22 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.