HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Mtl-phi

Closed Thread

Old
03-29-2013, 01:55 PM
Price4Prez

vCash: 500
Mtl-phi

To MTL:

Hartnell+Simmonds

To PHI:

Eller+Tinordi+1st pick

Habs get two gritty forwards who can put up points. Phi gets a young center, a great d prospect and a 1st pick in a deep draft...

Thoughts??

Old
03-29-2013, 01:56 PM
Domino11

I would love this as a habs fan but Philly decline for sure !!

Old
03-29-2013, 01:56 PM
Sasso09

Is this a joke? Eller is useless on the flyers... Absolutely useless. They have Giroux, schenn, coots, briere, Laughton, talbot...zero room for a center.

Old
03-29-2013, 01:58 PM
MooseOllini
BobBarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Price4Prez View Post
To MTL:

Hartnell+Simmonds

To PHI:

Eller+Tinordi+1st pick

Habs get two gritty forwards who can put up points. Phi gets a young center, a great d prospect and a 1st pick in a deep draft...

Thoughts??
Change this to Desharnais - Tinordi - 1st pick and I'm in

Old
03-29-2013, 02:01 PM
JVR21
G

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBarker View Post
Of course you are. Two gritty top 6 wingers for Tinordi and a late first. Not a chance. I wouldn't do that for Simmonds alone.

Old
03-29-2013, 02:01 PM
AKL
#AnyoneButThem

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBarker View Post
That's even worse than OP.

This is a garbage thread.

Old
03-29-2013, 02:03 PM
ahthorne

Not moving Simmonds. I'd take a D prospect + 1st for Hartnell though.

Old
03-29-2013, 02:11 PM
Price4Prez

Really? Wow lol Considering what Iginla just got, and the fact the Flyers are absolutely pitts this year..you'd think that a 1st pick and two players that were top 1st round draft choices are enough for those two.

This is why its pointless to post here. Every trade is stupid and every opposing player is useless lol ...

Only in a dream world would Hartnell and Simmonds be worth anymore then that! If MB called Holmgren right now and offered the equivalent of 3 1st rounders for Hartnell and Simmonds, he would take it and run.

Old
03-29-2013, 02:23 PM
Jray42

Quote:
Really? Wow lol Considering what Iginla just got, and the fact the Flyers are absolutely pitts this year..you'd think that a 1st pick and two players that were top 1st round draft choices are enough for those two.

This is why its pointless to post here. Every trade is stupid and every opposing player is useless lol ...

Only in a dream world would Hartnell and Simmonds be worth anymore then that! If MB called Holmgren right now and offered the equivalent of 3 1st rounders for Hartnell and Simmonds, he would take it and run.
Iginla is 35 years old, having a down year, and is an impending UFA. His value doesn't come close to Simmonds' value, and add in Hartnell, the OP's deal gets a LOLNO response from Philly. Eller has very little value to us, and he isn't equivalent to a 1st round pick, at least not from our team's standpoint. While Tinordi is nice, the 1st is likely to be late. I wouldn't trade Simmonds alone for that package.

Also, Eller being a previous first round pick means absolutely nothing.

Old
03-29-2013, 02:25 PM
McNasty

Quote:

Iginla has 3 months left on his contract, Simmonds and Hartnell are both signed for the next 6 seasons, that's not even a remotely fair value comparison.

Old
03-29-2013, 02:33 PM
daynus

Quote:

homer would take it. homer is loved by some, liked by some, tolerated by some, disliked by some. i would label homer our gm as a like by myself. by moving those 2 guys, the flyers would turn into a brutally soft team. scary scary soft. and what would happen to homer in philly. wells-fargo is a tough arena, tough crowd, tough city. homer would not survive. bad bad things would happen. so do you understand what would happen if he took the trade, you just said he would take and run. he would run. far far away.

Old
03-29-2013, 02:42 PM
Galchenyuk4habs

What if we change Eller for Bourque(healthy) , swap Tinordi with Beaulieu, the 1rst pick this year and Calgary's 2nd rounder(which is basically another 1rst)

Old
03-29-2013, 02:46 PM
Roo Mad Bro
U havin a giggle m8?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galchenyuk4habs View Post
What if we change Eller for Bourque(healthy) , swap Tinordi with Beaulieu, the 1rst pick this year and Calgary's 2nd rounder(which is basically another 1rst)
lolwat.

No, no, no.

Old
03-29-2013, 02:50 PM
NitHeel
Mucker/Grinder

This thread will end in a bad place.

Before we get in a tizzy about the pathetic return, the Flyers aren't dealing both of their big, feisty wingers. One? Perhaps. So let's just leave it at that.

Old
03-29-2013, 02:52 PM
Habsfannick
HFBoards Sponsor

Thank you OP... I spent over 2 hours discussing possibilities with the flyers talking it out to try to see what could work and in one second you ruined that... Please never post an "NHL13" thread again FLYERS FANS I'm so embarrassed and sorry you had to be a part of this -_-

Old
03-29-2013, 02:52 PM
tade

I'm sorry but It's not even close and your proposal is very bad for Flyers. There is no reason for Flyers to acquire another center, especially someone like Lars Eller when we have Couturier, Laughton... We would be interested in Subban or Galchenyuk / Gallagher that's for sure.

If you want to get both Hartnell and Simmonds value is very high, both are signed for many years to come. Hartnell is still around his prime with 30 and Simmonds is just 24. Both are great power forwards, gritty wingers for 1st or 2nd line who are scoring a lot of goals, they play with big heart all games, right now especially Simmods, he's something like 'real Flyer'. In Philly everyone loves them.

If you want Hartnell, we probably can talk about something, but Simmonds is very unlikely about trading, he's a kind of 'untouchable player' for us.
You shouldn't compare them to Iginla values, it is very different there as guys above me explained.

Old
03-29-2013, 02:55 PM
Schenn Bros Pizza*
All-Star

That is the worst proposal I've ever seen. Good god.

Old
03-29-2013, 02:57 PM
respect the D

I,m not sure I'd like this from a Habs point of view, give up our first big D guy we've had in ages?!! and an eventual 1st or 2nd line center too! Sure we need some gritty guys but there are much better trades to be done for 3rd 4th line grit then trading our young talent away

Old
03-29-2013, 03:00 PM
Tripod

Quote:

No he really wouldn't. What does this trade solve for Philly? They add a #6 D-man who has upside, a pick and a 3rd line C...when they already have Couts. Why is it so hard for people to understand. PHILLY WILL TRADE A FORWARD FOR A D...NOT MORE FORWARDS.

Last edited by spiny norman: 03-29-2013 at 11:46 PM. Reason: [/B][/QUOTE]
Old
03-29-2013, 03:03 PM
tade

Quote:
Originally Posted by respect the D View Post
I,m not sure I'd like this from a Habs point of view, give up our first big D guy we've had in ages?!! and an eventual 1st or 2nd line center too! Sure we need some gritty guys but there are much better trades to be done for 3rd 4th line grit then trading our young talent away
Different is if you want just grit for 3rd or 4th line or if you want top and gritty wingers for 1st or 2nd line like Hartnell and Simmonds. It will cost you something big.

Old
03-29-2013, 03:05 PM
flyershockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by respect the D View Post
What? Both are top six wingers, and Hartnell is a very good complimentary first line player.

Also, lol at Eller eventually being a first or second line center. It's far from given that he gets to that level.

Old
03-29-2013, 03:11 PM
respect the D

I never said they were not good players guys, I am simply saying as far as Habs needs we don't really need grit on our first 2 lines. We already have a great team we are just lacking 3rd and 4th lines players with more grit.

As far as Eller not making at least a second line center, you obviously haven't watched him play much to doubt that.

Old
03-29-2013, 03:13 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:

No he wouldn't. He would actually do the opposite by hanging up the phone.

Last edited by LegionOfDoom91: 03-29-2013 at 03:22 PM.
Old
03-29-2013, 03:17 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galchenyuk4habs View Post
Posts like these are why no one likes the hab fan base

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schenn Bros Pizza View Post
That is the worst proposal I've ever seen. Good god.
No it's not. The players/pick offered has value. Not as high, or really close, but there's still value.

Old
03-29-2013, 03:25 PM
WeekendAtBernies

Well thought out proposal.

The Flyers clearly need another Center. We've been saying all year on the Flyers boards "If only we had another #3C, this team would be cup bound". And now this sweet proposal just drops in our laps like a gift from the gods. Thank you Montreal!!!

I also particularly like the inclusion of Jarred Tinordi, who is clearly going to be a two-way sensation at the NHL level.

And that late 1st round pick should be sweet too. It was nice of you to give us a late first instead of something like a 2nd + your 20th best prospect.

And we're not giving all that much up from a Flyers' perspective, only two heart and soul players who can score 30+ goals in a season while making life a nightmare for opponents.

If you seriously want to acquire Hartnell + Simmonds in a single deal, you can start w/ any of the following frameworks:
Price+
Subban+
Galchenyuk+
Pacioretty + Beaulieu+

Closed Thread