HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Other Sports Thread (Titans, Vols, Dores, etc) - Part III

Closed Thread

Old
05-09-2014, 08:45 AM
GeauxPreds

vCash: 500
Well, at least if you're going to go off the board from your needs, offensive line is really not a bad place to do it with. When was the last time a team complained their o-line was too good and that they really wished the rest of their team didn't suck as bad? It's a deep draft, hopefully they redeem it with a strong 2nd or 3rd round pick focusing on d-line and secondary.

Old
05-09-2014, 09:26 AM
Joe T Choker
Las Vegas Black Aces

I'm not on twitter, but following Jason La Canfora's twitter feed last night was awesome ... always ahead of the networks

Old
05-09-2014, 11:23 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
I thought it was a solid pick. I know they picked an OT last year too, but Lewan was slated to be picked in the top-6 and scouts love him.
Warmack is a guard, not a tackle. He'll play on the left side, next to Lewan. Throw in Roos and Levitre on the left, Stewart and Oher on the right, and Schwenke at center, and that's a mighty good offensive line.

A 6'7", 300+ pound guy with a 4.8 40 time is pretty rare, and now the Titans have one on their offensive line. I think they go with Carr in the second round if he's on the board, or maybe go tailback there and do some trading to get McCarron, but either way, this sets up a make-or-break year for Locker.

Old
05-09-2014, 12:10 PM
Nitrous Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeauxPreds View Post
Well, at least if you're going to go off the board from your needs, offensive line is really not a bad place to do it with. When was the last time a team complained their o-line was too good and that they really wished the rest of their team didn't suck as bad? It's a deep draft, hopefully they redeem it with a strong 2nd or 3rd round pick focusing on d-line and secondary.
It worked out well for miami when they took an LT at #1 overall a few years ago.

Old
05-09-2014, 01:02 PM
Persona5

With as many team needs as they have I don't get picking a tackle number one. We could have used a real 3-4 LB or a CB or D-line help at end. Lewon may end up being a great player and all but when you have two starting tackles on the team and big holes on defense I just don't understand the pick.

Old
05-09-2014, 04:03 PM
Gnashville
Playoff losers

Quote:
I thought it was a solid pick. I know they picked an OT last year too, but Lewan was slated to be picked in the top-6 and scouts love him.
It is the David Poile style of Drafting just keep stockpiling one position. Let's just draft Defenseman and O-linemen until the sky turns purple and ignore the other team needs.

Old
05-09-2014, 04:09 PM
AdmiralsFan24

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
I look forward to Nelson Muntz's catch phrase being played at Lambeau Field this year. Roll Tide, or something.

Last edited by AdmiralsFan24: 05-09-2014 at 04:15 PM.
Old
05-10-2014, 11:06 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

It's going to be a wide-open competition for carries this year. Sankey isn't explosive, but he's fast enough to get to the outside, and he can run up the gut, too, something Johnson either couldn't or wouldn't do. He has good vision and a real tenacity about his game that I like. If he has a career similar to the guy he outran at Washington, the Titans did well.

The team still has some holes on defense, and a big question mark under center. They're going to trust their board and take the best players available, which is what I would much prefer the team do than go after the attractive names and all the baggage that comes with them, but it could be a bit frustrating as far as filling needs. It looks like there are lots of project players in the last four rounds.

Old
05-10-2014, 04:43 PM
jwhouk
Cheesehead Pred

I like my team.

If Ha-Ha is half as good as Cheesehead Nation has made him out to be, we could be playing deep into January.

Old
05-11-2014, 10:59 AM
Joe T Choker
Las Vegas Black Aces

Quote:
But nothing like an awesome **** case to surround an otherwise solid player ... this team's judgment on player's is dumb (Adam Jones, Vince Young, Lewan)

Last edited by SixthSens: 05-12-2014 at 08:14 AM. Reason: do not use "retarded"
Old
05-12-2014, 08:05 AM
Joe T Choker
Las Vegas Black Aces

Watching Fox Sports Live just now, I'm going to reiterate my opinion on the NBA ... Nothing But *******s ... ain't nothing like getting punched in the junk

Old
05-13-2014, 01:00 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
I don't know all of them but I think Gray has Price type potential.
different styles, but both should be aces for a long time. Both throw hard, so I am worried about their eventual visit to James Andrews

Old
05-13-2014, 01:28 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
different styles, but both should be aces for a long time. Both throw hard, so I am worried about their eventual visit to James Andrews
Uncle Tommy John visits?

Maybe then the can both become R.A. Dickeys.

Old
05-14-2014, 08:07 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:
Uncle Tommy John visits?

Maybe then the can both become R.A. Dickeys.
I'd rather they both turn out like wainwright

Old
05-15-2014, 08:58 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
I'd rather they both turn out like wainwright
I was trying to only use local comparisons :-) but yes, I agree.

We were at the Todd Lane ball parks the other day warming up the 9u pitchers when the debate about how old a kids should be before they started spinning the ball. My brother and I agreed, middle school at the earliest. The two other coaches thought as soon as they could place the ball spinning it was fine. They also think the 75 pitch count rule is ridiculous for 9u, I have no issues with that either, 75 is plenty for one game and they don't need to be pitching twice a week, IMHO. I think they need to protect the kids from these coaches that are throwing one pitcher every game.

Old
05-15-2014, 04:52 PM
jwhouk
Cheesehead Pred

I've heard the Leo Mazzone method of dealing with pitchers: control the intensity, not the quantity of pitches. Pitching at lower intensity on days off instead of not pitching at all helps build arm strength.

Old
05-18-2014, 12:46 AM
ADifferentTim
Knowledgeable & Pure

vCash: 100
Since Marc Gasol is an expiring contract for the 2014-15 NBA season, would you do this, even if it were a fantasy trade?

To Los Angeles Lakers
Marc Gasol

To Memphis Grizzlies
Lakers' 1st-round 2014 NBA Draft Pick
Cash

Yes, HoopsHype lists Marc as an expiring contract.
http://hoopshype.com/salaries/memphis.htm

Old
05-18-2014, 04:07 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:

We were at the Todd Lane ball parks the other day warming up the 9u pitchers when the debate about how old a kids should be before they started spinning the ball. My brother and I agreed, middle school at the earliest. The two other coaches thought as soon as they could place the ball spinning it was fine. They also think the 75 pitch count rule is ridiculous for 9u, I have no issues with that either, 75 is plenty for one game and they don't need to be pitching twice a week, IMHO. I think they need to protect the kids from these coaches that are throwing one pitcher every game.
I kinda like the Rangers philosophy. They have their guys throw a ton of long toss on their days off to build arm strength. Up until Perez this past week, they haven't had a TJ issue. I think a lot of the TJ issues comes from not resting and throwing right in the days off between starts and poor management of arms by travel/HS coaches. But some of that falls on the pitcher too to take care of themselves.

Old
05-18-2014, 04:17 PM
AdmiralsFan24

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
Not just HS coaches. College coaches (not all but a lot) abuse the hell out of pitcher's arms.

Old
05-18-2014, 10:04 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:

(Played college ball) I didn't start until 12, and even then, I used a change up 99% of the time. No need for anything else at that age.

I'm not a fan of pitch counts in general, but grew up with inning limits per week...I think they're both useful just in terms of "giving everyone a chance" as much as anything else. It's just supposed to be fun at that age... I spent probably every day of my youth pitching tennis balls at my backyard wall, and had no problems until my arm got ridden into the ground by a summer league coach (at 17).

Old
05-20-2014, 01:19 AM
Iron Duke

Anybody have any insight on the shakeup in the Grizzlies front office? I follow the team but usually don't see a whole lot on the management/business side of things. What does this all mean? ...or is talking about those teams on the west side of the state kind of verboten (kind of like a Dodgers/Giants sort of thing)?

Old
05-20-2014, 07:24 AM
Joe T Choker
Las Vegas Black Aces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Duke View Post
Anybody have any insight on the shakeup in the Grizzlies front office? I follow the team but usually don't see a whole lot on the management/business side of things. What does this all mean? ...or is talking about those teams on the west side of the state kind of verboten (kind of like a Dodgers/Giants sort of thing)?
Pretty much Dodgers-Giants is bang on, Memphis is jealous as ****, and it goes back to the Titans coming to Nashville

Old
05-21-2014, 10:25 PM
AintLifeGrand

How about some Love for Nashvhille's own Josef Newgarden who will be starting 8th at the Indy 500 on Sunday?? He is a dark horse candidate to win

Old
05-29-2014, 10:05 PM
Joe T Choker
Las Vegas Black Aces

Someone needs to call in and troll George "i saved the preds" Plastered about his Braves getting swept and blowing two leads in this series

Old
06-04-2014, 08:14 PM
Gnashville
Playoff losers

http://www.tennessean.com/story/spor...-year/9927795/

Justus Sheffield named national player of the year. Vanderbilt signee (but what top pitcher is not these days) with the MLB draft looming.

Closed Thread