HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ryane Clowe to TB

Old
03-22-2013, 06:21 PM
DuckEatinShark
GET ALL THE PPs!!!!

vCash: 50
Ryane Clowe to TB

On the general hockey board there is a thread about how TB was gutless and soft and how they let other players run at MSL and Conacher. Well, just so you know, Ryane Clowe is more than available and he won't hesitate to back up a teammate. He's done that for Pavelski and Couture for years.

Only problem is, he's been pretty terrible all year and is a pending UFA. He makes $3.6 million this year.

We need forward prospects and/or picks. Hopefully a forward prospect that can step in as a depth forward by next year. Any thoughts TB fans?

DuckEatinShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 06:24 PM
stryfe604
Believes in Yzergod

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckEatinShark View Post
On the general hockey board there is a thread about how TB was gutless and soft and how they let other players run at MSL and Conacher. Well, just so you know, Ryane Clowe is more than available and he won't hesitate to back up a teammate. He's done that for Pavelski and Couture for years.

Only problem is, he's been pretty terrible all year and is a pending UFA. He makes $3.6 million this year.

We need forward prospects and/or picks. Hopefully a forward prospect that can step in as a depth forward by next year. Any thoughts TB fans?
Why not keep all our prospects and picks and just try to sign him UFA? We aren't making the playoffs, why would we make this trade now? Don't get me wrong though, I would like Clowe.

stryfe604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 06:32 PM
Koekkoek4U
Anthony Eclair

Clowe is single-handedly, the most OVERRATED player in the NHL. His value is around a 4th round pick. San Jose would be lucky if they get Crombeen and a 5th, not saying that trade would go through because that would make no sense. But value wise it does.

Koekkoek4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 06:32 PM
bassassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by stryfe604 View Post
Why not keep all our prospects and picks and just try to sign him UFA? We aren't making the playoffs, why would we make this trade now? Don't get me wrong though, I would like Clowe.
This.

Would love Clowe and hope SFY goes after him as a UFA. But I wouldn't be willing to trade any near NHL ready forward prospects for him as the players we have that fit that description all have relatively high end potential.

bassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 06:34 PM
Going Back to Cally
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 169
I like Clowe but we should be selling at the deadline not buying. I'd love him as a UFA though.

03-22-2013, 06:37 PM
DuckEatinShark
GET ALL THE PPs!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Taxes Conacher View Post
I like Clowe but we should be selling at the deadline not buying. I'd love him as a UFA though.
I see. I was just hoping we could get something useful out of him before he hits FA. He seemed like someone you could use.

DuckEatinShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 06:39 PM
stryfe604
Believes in Yzergod

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckEatinShark View Post
I see. I was just hoping we could get something useful out of him before he hits FA. He seemed like someone you could use.
Best bet would be a team that needs a bit of an edge in the playoffs grit wise. We wouldn't buy anything cause it is next to impossible for us to make the playoffs this season.

stryfe604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 06:41 PM
IdealisticSniper

I could see him being a target as a UFA but no reason to give anything up for him at this point.

IdealisticSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 06:46 PM
hockfan1991

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koekkoek4U View Post
Clowe is single-handedly, the most OVERRATED player in the NHL. His value is around a 4th round pick. San Jose would be lucky if they get Crombeen and a 5th, not saying that trade would go through because that would make no sense. But value wise it does.
Well I'm glad your not an nhl gm. Sharks will get a first for him or package him with someone else for an upgrade. Plenty of players with less talent have gotten better returns. 2nd and a prospect worse case

hockfan1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 06:51 PM
HoseEmDown

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockfan1991 View Post
Well I'm glad your not an nhl gm. Sharks will get a first for him or package him with someone else for an upgrade. Plenty of players with less talent have gotten better returns. 2nd and a prospect worse case
I hope your not serious?

HoseEmDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 08:31 PM
The YzerJesus
Turns Piss Into Wine

It's been said, but if Tampa wants Clowe, they'll wait for UFA. No use giving stuff up now, we aren't getting into the playoffs.

I really wouldn't mind Clowe. I think he's just what this team needs.

The YzerJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 08:33 PM
hockfan1991

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoseEmDown View Post
I hope your not serious?
Very you must not a follow the trade deadline last year when there weren't many sellers and Gaustad who statistically isn't anywhere near Ryan Clowe doesn't bring a power forward 20 goalscorer more than that is a great leader everything else he got a first throw that in with the small-market and availability of players and a second and prospect or first is not out of reach your crazy not to agree

Old
03-22-2013, 08:38 PM
HoseEmDown

Quote:
Very you must not a follow the trade deadline last year when there weren't many sellers and Gaustad who statistically isn't anywhere near Ryan Clowe doesn't bring a power forward 20 goalscorer more than that is a great leader everything else he got a first throw that in with the small-market and availability of players and a second and prospect or first is not out of reach your crazy not to agree
Clowe is not looking anything close to a 20 goal scorer this year. Gaustad is a big shutdown center who's great on the draw which is very important in the playoffs. There are plenty of big bodied physical wingers out there so the price for Clowe will not be that high. 2nd rounder at best.

Last edited by SnS: 03-22-2013 at 08:54 PM.
HoseEmDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 08:44 PM
IdealisticSniper

Quote:
The draft this year is 10 times deeper than the draft last year. Picks are worth more.

Old
03-22-2013, 08:47 PM
Arrch

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealisticSniper View Post
The draft this year is 10 times deeper than the draft last year. Picks are worth more.
Just like last year, and the year before, and the year before that, etc.

It's amazing that so many people can't recognize the pattern.

Arrch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 08:51 PM
hockfan1991

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoseEmDown View Post
Clowe is not looking anything close to a 20 goal scorer this year. Gaustad is a big shutdown center who's great on the draw which is very important in the playoffs. There are plenty of big bodied physical wingers out there so the price for Clowe will not be that high. 2nd rounder at best.
Okay well Clowe Has averaged 20 goals and 55 points over the last four seasons. While also only playing a full season in one of the four. He struggled a bit this year but anyone who's been watching him would know that he Has been snakebitten the goals will come

Old
03-22-2013, 08:53 PM
IdealisticSniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrch View Post
Just like last year, and the year before, and the year before that, etc.

It's amazing that so many people can't recognize the pattern.
Not true at all. Its amazing that so many people cant see the difference in talent in drafts.

Old
03-22-2013, 08:56 PM
hockfan1991

To be honest those are just the stats on Ryan clowe he brings lots of intangibles and sticks up for teammates and will drop the gloves with anybody he also plays a very physical game if they're knocking to get a high draft form I'd rather they keep them for the playoffs they're definitely going to need him

Old
03-22-2013, 08:59 PM
Arrch

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealisticSniper View Post
Not true at all. Its amazing that so many people cant see the difference in talent in drafts.
Well, they certainly can see it the year before. They then apparently don't see it anymore as the draft draws closer, but start seeing it in the following years draft.

Arrch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 09:17 PM
TBLHoser

SFY has already stated that he's not going to go after guys that will be UFA's. He's looking for players for the long run so this isn't going to happen.

TBLHoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 10:36 PM
magic school bus

vCash: 1965
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koekkoek4U View Post
I can't see how a San Jose player could possibly be the most overrated in the league. Our team is barely talked about in the media and when they are, it's usually about how big of disappointments we are.

magic school bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 10:46 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic school bus View Post
I can't see how a San Jose player could possibly be the most overrated in the league. Our team is barely talked about in the media and when they are, it's usually about how big of disappointments we are.
Clowe used to be one of the most overrated players in the league. Now he's one of the most underrated.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 10:46 PM
Steve Yzerman
A Great Season

vCash: 805
At most, I can see Yzerman trading a conditional 7th for his rights like Winnipeg did for Gustavsson. Otherwise, Yzerman will target him in the FA market if he is available.

Steve Yzerman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 11:30 PM
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack

I would be willing to give up Teddy Blueger+ for Ryane Clowe.

MichiganWolverines is offline   Reply With Quote