HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Out of town scoreboard

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-21-2013, 07:32 PM
  #826
Freudian
Patty likes beef
 
Freudian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Sweden
Posts: 29,009
vCash: 50
So Vokoun is out with a blood clot and Fleury was a giant mess in last episode. Stay tuned.

Freudian is offline  
Old
09-21-2013, 08:25 PM
  #827
Flanagan
Registered Loser
 
Flanagan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: St. John's
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,144
vCash: 650
Pascal Dupuis goes -5 in the loss to the Jackets.

Ouch.

Flanagan is offline  
Old
09-21-2013, 09:08 PM
  #828
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE
 
Duchene2MacKinnon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,480
vCash: 250
Nobody can score in the leafs vs Sabres shootout. Lmao @rangers attempt. Carlyle nearly pissed himself. Sacco even laughed at the pathetic attempts.

14rounds 28 players no goals

Silent Jay ends it 30 players 1 goal.

Duchene2MacKinnon is online now  
Old
09-21-2013, 09:10 PM
  #829
Freudian
Patty likes beef
 
Freudian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Sweden
Posts: 29,009
vCash: 50
Why do they keep shooting on Enroth's glove side. He's got a great glove hand.

Freudian is offline  
Old
09-21-2013, 09:41 PM
  #830
Frenchy
Global Moderator
 
Frenchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Alma, QC.
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,516
vCash: 3375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchene2MacKinnon View Post
Nobody can score in the leafs vs Sabres shootout. Lmao @rangers attempt. Carlyle nearly pissed himself. Sacco even laughed at the pathetic attempts.

14rounds 28 players no goals

Silent Jay ends it 30 players 1 goal.
there you go


Frenchy is online now  
Old
09-22-2013, 09:37 AM
  #831
Hesher
down on the upside
 
Hesher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: middle of nowhere
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,920
vCash: 2000
That Ranger attempt

Hesher is offline  
Old
09-22-2013, 12:13 PM
  #832
InjuredChoker
Registered User
 
InjuredChoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LTIR or golf course
Posts: 17,910
vCash: 500
Gagner out with broken jaw..

So best Oiler C with experience at position is Boyd Gordon?

InjuredChoker is offline  
Old
09-22-2013, 05:22 PM
  #833
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE
 
Duchene2MacKinnon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,480
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by InjuredChoker View Post
Gagner out with broken jaw..

So best Oiler C with experience at position is Boyd Gordon?
I don't like hall in that position but we'll see.

Jersey tucked in rule, hybrid icing, trapazoid, shootouts, puck over glass. Any other stupid nhl rules this year?

Duchene2MacKinnon is online now  
Old
09-22-2013, 05:30 PM
  #834
Avs_19
Peter the Great
 
Avs_19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,526
vCash: 645
Hybrid icing is good if it helps prevent serious injuries.

Avs_19 is offline  
Old
09-22-2013, 05:33 PM
  #835
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE
 
Duchene2MacKinnon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,480
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
Hybrid icing is good if it helps prevent serious injuries.
It won't so, it's stupid.

Nyquist and Tatar look good for the wings.

Duchene2MacKinnon is online now  
Old
09-22-2013, 05:52 PM
  #836
Nzap
Insert clever phrase
 
Nzap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Middle of Noux
Country: Finland
Posts: 3,953
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchene2MacKinnon View Post
I don't like hall in that position but we'll see.

Jersey tucked in rule, hybrid icing, trapazoid, shootouts, puck over glass. Any other stupid nhl rules this year?
Taking off helmets penalty?

Nzap is offline  
Old
09-22-2013, 05:55 PM
  #837
Freudian
Patty likes beef
 
Freudian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Sweden
Posts: 29,009
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchene2MacKinnon View Post
It won't so, it's stupid.

Nyquist and Tatar look good for the wings.
It will probably eliminate some injuries since you have fewer situations where a forward rides a defender into the board or trying to reach in with his stick to touch the puck first.

It does seem like players and refs aren't all that used to it at this point so there is a lot of hesitation in race situations which isn't good but if the rule sticks that will go away.

Freudian is offline  
Old
09-22-2013, 06:58 PM
  #838
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE
 
Duchene2MacKinnon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,480
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nzap View Post
Taking off helmets penalty?
Agreed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
It will probably eliminate some injuries since you have fewer situations where a forward rides a defender into the board or trying to reach in with his stick to touch the puck first.

It does seem like players and refs aren't all that used to it at this point so there is a lot of hesitation in race situations which isn't good but if the rule sticks that will go away.
The problem I have is that incidents like what happened with Foster are so rare, it takes unbelievable bad luck for them to occur. This rule does nothing for them because if a defender is already winning the race by a fair margin between the defensive circles he'll end up with the puck without much of a challenge from the forward (in most cases).

If they want to reduce injuries have the goalie be able to play the puck in the trapaziod( top 3 worst rules)

Duchene2MacKinnon is online now  
Old
09-22-2013, 07:11 PM
  #839
Freudian
Patty likes beef
 
Freudian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Sweden
Posts: 29,009
vCash: 50
Of course it's not going to reduce a lot of injuries since they are relatively rare. But the injuries are sometimes very serious because a player is so defenseless in that race situation. I can on the top of my head think of several injuries that would have been prevented with hybrid icing.

Fedun broke his femur and was out for ages.



Pitkanen broken heel


Freudian is offline  
Old
09-22-2013, 08:36 PM
  #840
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE
 
Duchene2MacKinnon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,480
vCash: 250
Would the refs actually stop the play dead in those instances tho? Both videos show the forward being 1 step behind and from my interpretation of the rule it's that if the race is close they will NOT blow the play dead. We'll see how they enforce the rule but I'm skeptical.

Duchene2MacKinnon is online now  
Old
09-22-2013, 08:49 PM
  #841
bohlmeister
$$ For Sale $$
 
bohlmeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,309
vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchene2MacKinnon View Post
Would the refs actually stop the play dead in those instances tho? Both videos show the forward being 1 step behind and from my interpretation of the rule it's that if the race is close they will NOT blow the play dead. We'll see how they enforce the rule but I'm skeptical.
No they won't. It is a stupid rule. The only good thing is that it speeds up the game when teams intentionally ice it. No touch isn't perfect either, but it is better than hybrid. It was the first thing Cherry said. They are safely blowing it dead when there are no close races, and leaving it in when there are.

bohlmeister is offline  
Old
09-22-2013, 08:51 PM
  #842
bohlmeister
$$ For Sale $$
 
bohlmeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,309
vCash: 400
LOL. John Scott jumped Kessell. Anyone see that? Kessell slashed him in the feet, then speared him. All completely warranted IMO.

bohlmeister is offline  
Old
09-22-2013, 09:03 PM
  #843
Freudian
Patty likes beef
 
Freudian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Sweden
Posts: 29,009
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchene2MacKinnon View Post
Would the refs actually stop the play dead in those instances tho? Both videos show the forward being 1 step behind and from my interpretation of the rule it's that if the race is close they will NOT blow the play dead. We'll see how they enforce the rule but I'm skeptical.
The ref can call icing if they judge that the defender will win the race, so in these cases he can blow the play dead since the defender is clearly ahead at the dot.

It's not like the defender would have to be ahead by five yards for the refs to call. That would make the rule completely pointless.

Freudian is offline  
Old
09-22-2013, 09:04 PM
  #844
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE
 
Duchene2MacKinnon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,480
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by bohlmeister View Post
No they won't. It is a stupid rule. The only good thing is that it speeds up the game when teams intentionally ice it. No touch isn't perfect either, but it is better than hybrid. It was the first thing Cherry said. They are safely blowing it dead when there are no close races, and leaving it in when there are.
Yeah, That's my thought as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohlmeister View Post
LOL. John Scott jumped Kessell. Anyone see that? Kessell slashed him in the feet, then speared him. All completely warranted IMO.
I just saw it... pretty embarrassing for the Sabres.

Duchene2MacKinnon is online now  
Old
09-22-2013, 09:45 PM
  #845
Avs_19
Peter the Great
 
Avs_19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,526
vCash: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by bohlmeister View Post
LOL. John Scott jumped Kessell. Anyone see that? Kessell slashed him in the feet, then speared him. All completely warranted IMO.
Good for Kessel. After the game Kessel said Scott told him he was going to jump him and he started to do just that. That's when Kessel started swinging his stick like a mad man. I would want Duchene, MacKinnon, O'Reilly, etc doing the exact same thing if someone like Scott went after them. I doubt the Leafs are happy with Clarkson getting a 10 game suspension for jumping off the bench but in our case, I would be perfectly fine with Bordeleau or McLeod coming off the bench in that situation.

Avs_19 is offline  
Old
09-22-2013, 09:51 PM
  #846
Lonewolfe2015
Registered User
 
Lonewolfe2015's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 11,159
vCash: 239
Jumping off the bench cost Clarkson at least 620k, that's one expensive fight.

Lonewolfe2015 is online now  
Old
09-22-2013, 09:54 PM
  #847
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional
 
tigervixxxen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Denver
Country: United States
Posts: 10,558
vCash: 150
That was pretty ridiculous. And then Kessel randomly comes back with the stick a good 3 minutes later to jab Scott. Too funny.

tigervixxxen is online now  
Old
09-22-2013, 09:54 PM
  #848
Freudian
Patty likes beef
 
Freudian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Sweden
Posts: 29,009
vCash: 50
NHL will be like a wet blanket for the first game between these teams and I suspect refs will be instructed to call it very tightly.

These just-you-wait-for-the-next-time games tend to be very anti-climatic.

Freudian is offline  
Old
09-22-2013, 09:59 PM
  #849
bohlmeister
$$ For Sale $$
 
bohlmeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,309
vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
NHL will be like a wet blanket for the first game between these teams and I suspect refs will be instructed to call it very tightly.

These just-you-wait-for-the-next-time games tend to be very anti-climatic.
Usually, but every once in a while..........






bohlmeister is offline  
Old
09-22-2013, 10:00 PM
  #850
Avs_19
Peter the Great
 
Avs_19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,526
vCash: 645
Nick Kypreos @RealKyper
@BizNasty2point0 will appeal his 10 games on legal vs illegal line change. #Leafs Clarkson's only appeal argument is he saved Kessel's life.


Avs_19 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:15 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.