HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Out of town scoreboard

Closed Thread

Old
09-22-2013, 10:04 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
Good for Kessel. After the game Kessel said Scott told him he was going to jump him and he started to do just that. That's when Kessel started swinging his stick like a mad man. I would want Duchene, MacKinnon, O'Reilly, etc doing the exact same thing if someone like Scott went after them. I doubt the Leafs are happy with Clarkson getting a 10 game suspension for jumping off the bench but in our case, I would be perfectly fine with Bordeleau or McLeod coming off the bench in that situation.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
Jumping off the bench cost Clarkson at least 620k, that's one expensive fight.
Funny part is in the end cLarkson and Scott didn't even end up fighting anyone. I wouldn't be surprised if Clarkson doesn't get 10 games.

ANyway time for BB.

Old
09-23-2013, 11:14 AM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

vCash: 500
Just saw the brawl.

Scott was in the wrong for jumping Kessel, but who knows what exactly was said. Maybe Kessel was making momma jokes? I don't think Scott can be suspended for anything, unless they call it intent to injure (which I could see, and wouldn't blame the NHL for as it was obvious what he was doing).

Kessel's slashes should warrant at least a few game suspension. The first one I could kind of see, but to slash him while Scott was engaged was over the top. He was pissed off and emotional, I get that, but you need to be more in control. Intent to injure like that shouldn't be allowed regardless of the situation.

Brennan or Ashton, while I think they did the right thing, should be suspended for both jumping Scott at the same time(rest of the preseason or 1 game seems sufficient to me). Sets a bad precedent if they are not suspended.

Clarkson was stupid for coming off the bench, it was already being handled on the ice and he didn't need to intervene.

Old
09-23-2013, 11:23 AM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

vCash: 50
I think Scott was upset that Devane drove Tropp's head into the ice just earlier and during the break Scott talked to Leafs bench. I guess Carlyle figured it was just hot air and put Kessel out there and after that things got out of hand.

Old
09-23-2013, 11:26 AM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
I think Scott was upset that Devane drove Tropp's head into the ice just earlier and during the break Scott talked to Leafs bench. I guess Carlyle figured it was just hot air and put Kessel out there and after that things got out of hand.
Makes sense. Carlyle should have never put Kessel in that situation.

I know people tend to disregard when enforcers do, but in that situation if Bordy was lined up against Scott on that shift instead... the only thing that happens is a fight between Scott and Bordy.

Old
09-23-2013, 12:52 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

Ben Eager on the Canucks: “We play them a lot down the stretch, and we’re going to go after their skill players also."

Can you be any thicker? If anything happens now it's premeditation and NHL will go medieval on Oilers. Keep your mouth shut and wait for the time to pay back, if you feel a reckless high stick deserves pay back. Don't announce it, you idiot.

Old
09-23-2013, 02:00 PM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

http://www.buffalohockeybeat.com/sab...end-a-message/

Bill Hoppe ‏@BillHoppeNHL 1h
John Scott said he would've went after anyone beside him. #Sabres

#Sabres John Scott: "I don’t know what their coach had in mind. I wasn’t going to try to hurt him. I was just trying to send a message."

#Sabres John Scott: "I’ve never seen a stick swing like that. He’s got to do what he’s got to do. So it was an even fight, I guess."

Old
09-23-2013, 02:03 PM
hockeyfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
Just saw the brawl.

Scott was in the wrong for jumping Kessel, but who knows what exactly was said. Maybe Kessel was making momma jokes? I don't think Scott can be suspended for anything, unless they call it intent to injure (which I could see, and wouldn't blame the NHL for as it was obvious what he was doing).

Kessel's slashes should warrant at least a few game suspension. The first one I could kind of see, but to slash him while Scott was engaged was over the top. He was pissed off and emotional, I get that, but you need to be more in control. Intent to injure like that shouldn't be allowed regardless of the situation.

Brennan or Ashton, while I think they did the right thing, should be suspended for both jumping Scott at the same time(rest of the preseason or 1 game seems sufficient to me). Sets a bad precedent if they are not suspended.

Clarkson was stupid for coming off the bench, it was already being handled on the ice and he didn't need to intervene.
Are there any rules against instigating a fight prior to the puck being dropped. You see a fight developing before all the time, but it always happens as soon as the puck is dropped. This all happened well before.

Old
09-23-2013, 02:26 PM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfish View Post
Are there any rules against instigating a fight prior to the puck being dropped. You see a fight developing before all the time, but it always happens as soon as the puck is dropped. This all happened well before.
Other than an aggressor or instigator penalty (which both end up in game misconducts) I don't think so. Now if Scott builds up too many of those misconducts he can be suspended, but the first of the season I don't know if the NHL has that in the rulebook.

Old
09-23-2013, 04:49 PM
Avs
Bozak + 2nd

I think Clarkson is the only one that is suspended into the regular season.

Kessel might get a game or 2 for the slash, but I doubt it.

Old
09-23-2013, 05:33 PM
Bordeleau Of Blood
Archangel

Kadri claims he was totally gonna jump in, bro.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=432586

Old
09-23-2013, 05:38 PM
agentblack

vCash: 70
I like Kessel a whole lot more, not because he tried to fight Scott but because he did what anyone would do when someone twice their size is coming at them like a madman, plus he actually got into a fight in his own weight class.

Old
09-23-2013, 05:40 PM
agentblack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordeleau Of Blood View Post
Kadri claims he was totally gonna jump in, bro.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=432586

I got ya back....wayyyy back

Old
09-23-2013, 06:46 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

I have no idea how they are going to call the new jersey tuck penalty. Looking at a pre-season game sweaters get stuck in the pants all the time in normal game situations. Are players supposed to skate around and pull on their jerseys all the time to make sure they're proper? Utter idiocy.

Old
09-24-2013, 05:10 PM
Hennessy
Blank Space

vCash: 1100
League really blew it with their fine on Rolston and kid-gloves with Kessel.

Old
09-24-2013, 05:30 PM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hennessy View Post
League really blew it with their fine on Rolston and kid-gloves with Kessel.
Agreed. I think they sent a bad message, but not surprising coming from a league that wants to ban fighting.

Old
09-24-2013, 05:37 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

Nice goal by Radulov in the KHL. And, as expected, he's not that into celebrating goals with his teammates but struggles to get away from them because **** those guys.

Old
09-24-2013, 05:47 PM
agentblack

Ouch.

Old
09-24-2013, 06:13 PM
Colorado Avalanche

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
Nice goal by Radulov in the KHL. And, as expected, he's not that into celebrating goals with his teammates but struggles to get away from them because **** those guys.

Beautiful goal. I would have nothing against Radulov coming to Colorado. I think he could help us.

Old
09-25-2013, 10:01 AM
Hesher
down on the upside

vCash: 2000
Kessel should have been suspended for at least one regular season game.

Old
09-25-2013, 12:56 PM
kento19
@kento19

Thought this would be the best place to post this. I don't really care about the other rookies but was pretty surprised today to learn that most Tampa fans want Drouin to be sent back to junior. Apparently he definitely wont get to play with Stamkos this year. He's in a battle with like 3 others for the 3rd line left wing spot and Tampa fans don't feel he's deserving yet. Obviously the kid is going to be great, but I expected him to be ready to play in the show this year. He really has nothing left to prove in junior.

Old
09-25-2013, 12:58 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

I have always been the opposite, I am more surprised about how many people think he will make the NHL than him being sent back to juniors. Even Huberdeau who was probably a bit more NHL ready was sent back to juniors.

Old
09-25-2013, 01:07 PM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

If Tampa really wants to make him a center in the future, it might be best for him to go back to Halifax and play center for a year again. If they are going to keep him at LW, I don't really see an issue with keeping him up or sending him back. If he stays up he will start to earn time on the 1st and 2nd lines by the middle of the season.

Old
09-25-2013, 04:46 PM
agentblack

It seems like none of the draft class from this year is really standing out
Ive read Monahan and Horvat do well but no one is setting the world on fire...so far.

Old
09-25-2013, 04:58 PM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentblack View Post
It seems like none of the draft class from this year is really standing out
Ive read Monahan and Horvat do well but no one is setting the world on fire...so far.
It is early. Going into the draft only MacK, Jones and Barkov were really expected to stick in the NHL this season.

It sounds like Nurse, Zadorov, Nichushkin, Risto, Shinkaruk, Monahan, Jones, Horvat, and Poirier (not his fault Shinkaruk was passed over) have all been impressive in their camps. I haven't checked much into Barkov, but I would assume he is doing well enough to make the team out of camp.

Old
09-25-2013, 05:15 PM
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional

vCash: 150
What I've read on Barkov is he hasn't played in about a week due to his shoulder but coverage of their camp is pretty thin so I don't know what that really means. Their fans seem to think he's for sure making the team though. Drouin got some time with Stamkos the last few days and has looked better but I don't think they plan on opening the season that way so I don't know what all that really means either. There is a vid with Halifax media guy interviewing Lightning scout about Drouin and the sentiment there wasn't really positive on Drouin sticking. Another variable is Connolly has looked great for Tampa and might take that 2nd/3rd line winger spot.

Closed Thread