HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

Devils acquire RW Matt D'Agostini and 2015 cdtl 7th rd pick for cdtl 4th/5th rnd pick

Old
03-22-2013, 12:46 PM
SteveCangialosi123

vCash: 500
How are people's jimmies rustled after hearing this news? We can do nothing but improve from this. The negativity here sometimes...

And DATW you know I'm usually with you, but we're not on the same page here. Guy isn't gonna replace Parise, but he's a solid forward who will bring more offense than some of the crap we throw out there. And if he doesn't, oh well we gave up basically nothing.

SteveCangialosi123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 12:48 PM
Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdss4 View Post
OH god that pic is priceless

I honestly believe Lou is trying to move on of the D-men, but he isn't going to do it and get pennies back, and that is probably all he is getting offered right now. My guess is Lou wants the type of player we want for Tally, but the prices for those kinds of players are through the roof right now as basically everyone is still in the playoff hunt.

Barring injuries I think this is the last of the Lou reclamation trades for the year. If there is another it is either one of the bigger trades or we are done moving things this year. It really depends on the market. I'd agree too, if I move someone like Tally I want a solid roster player in return. Don't want pots and pans and low picks.

Emperoreddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 12:48 PM
CerebralGenesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by tycobb View Post
Do you know Backes, Oshie, Perron, Berglund, Stewart, Steen, McDonald, Sobotka, Tarasenko are? If so, would you slot D'Ag over anyone of the names stated above? If so...you're an idiot.
So he is penciled in on our top line but you can't put him in over any of them. I know I covered this bias in psychology class.

Not sure what the hooplah is about still, he's a good depth winger. Game.

CerebralGenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 12:49 PM
tycobb

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
So being the #1 PK'er, makes you a top 9 forward how? Anyways, keep the dream alive I say
Generally good defensive C are a lock for the top 3 lines. Funny how logic works.

tycobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 12:49 PM
day1devilsfan

Quote:
And he's bringing down our stars, who are actual 1st line players. Anyone that is put in a situation they shouldn't be in, will fail 10 times out of 10 and by doing so, will also drag down his teamates.

I know Poni isn't a 1st line player, that's not the issue. The issue is landing all these players and asking them to play over their heads, only for them to fail and drag down the production of guys that are suppose to carry this team.

I'm aware that there's not a top 6 forward out there that might be available, that's not the issue. The issue is having a fanbase that believes that some how, by pure miracle, a player who never played as a top #6 forward will somehow get the talent to stay on a line with Kovy.

I just don't understand how a player can magically turn his career around when arriving to the New Jersey Devils when he hasn't been doing it since his arrival in the NHL.
Drink the kool-aid, play the system, become awesome that's how! #troll

And I'd like to counter your turn your career around point; Look at Carter/Bernier...
Carter was cut from Fla and has been a fantastic role player / being a pretty big part in the Rangers series last year. Bernier was a 1st rd draft pick, fell off the deep end, and is now starting to turn it around into another hard working consistent player we have.

day1devilsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 12:50 PM
njdevilsjds
Fire DeBoer

Btw I like the move, we shall see soon enough if he is another steal.

njdevilsjds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 12:51 PM
njdss4
Logic dictates...

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevilsjds View Post
We'd be in salary cap hell, Malkin will easily get the max contract...
Malkin will make every other contract ever handed out look like the spare change left in the take-a-penny-leave-a-penny. This new CBA will make Kovy's contract and cap hit look like a friggin' steal.

njdss4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 12:51 PM
Bleedred
BEAT LA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
Cross that bridge when we come to it. But with all 22 of those players being healthy, I would bet that Kostopolous gets waived (and claimed.)

And becomes the newest addition to the "random Devils" thread
Yeah that makes the most sense. Barch did cross my mind, but that would be stupid to waive him with another year to go on his contract. Just past experiences of Peters and Boulton made that pop into my head. Even if Kostopolous is not picked up then they could put him in the AHL, and it wouldn't do no harm to pay him $650k or whatever to put him there for a month. Or the Pens could claim him.

Bleedred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 12:52 PM
tycobb

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerebralGenesis View Post
So he is penciled in on our top line but you can't put him in over any of them. I know I covered this bias in psychology class.

What is the team's top line? It seems lately we have 3 lines that play similar 5on5 mintues and Kovy who gets doubled shifted. I don't think he will play with Kovy due to what others already pointed out. My guess he will fit in on the "2nd line" with Elias or our "3rd line" that currently has Zajac as its C. I just find it funny that this kid think he knows what he is talking about but is clueless.

tycobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 12:52 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getzo5 View Post
I`m sorry to kind of quote this twice, but it was fitting.
What's wrong with my comment? Wasn't Parise part of our top #6? Aren't we missing a top #6 forward? Are posters speculating that this move is to help our top #6?

This place is so hilarious when we acquire someone that hasn't proven **** in his entire career, let it be by trade or the waiver wire. Now that he's with the team we cheer for... "he has top 6 potential and will probably stay there".

Can't make this up anywhere else... well maybe the Habs/Leafs board but that's about it.

Edit: And to respond to Apice for his remark about Loktionov, anyone who thought he was going to produce at the rate he's doing right now should go buy a couple of lottery tickets cause there's not one poster who could've figured that out or else they would've been clamoring for his services, on a day to day basis, wayyyyyyyyyy before Lou even made the move.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 12:53 PM
Henrique Iglesias
Let's go Albany

More depth = less minutes for Kovy

Henrique Iglesias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 12:54 PM
njdevilsjds
Fire DeBoer

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdss4 View Post
Malkin will make every other contract ever handed out look like the spare change left in the take-a-penny-leave-a-penny. This new CBA will make Kovy's contract and cap hit look like a friggin' steal.
I already think it does, I don't care that Kovy's contract has "bogus" years the cap hit is amazing!

Last edited by njdevilsjds: 03-23-2013 at 01:22 PM.
njdevilsjds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 12:56 PM
Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerebralGenesis View Post

The point you quotes was made because someone said you can't compare his situation to Loki's because the Kings had center depth that kept him out of the lineup, and the Blues don't...which is bunk because clearly the Blues do have lots of wing depth.

I am not pencilling him next to Kovy either, he is a good depth pickup that when we are healthy gets CBGB back to a 4th line and our ducks in a row.

Old
03-22-2013, 12:56 PM
Bleedred
BEAT LA!

I can't complain about Lou for at least trying here. Not a bad move, but I wish it would keep Poni off the 1st line but it won't. Hopefully Zubrus will as much as I think there's even better options than him though we don't have them.

My guess is Lou may have wanted to get someone of more significance by trading away a defensemen, but the guy he wanted to give up (Tallinder) is injured right now. I remember before the season started a Blues fan on the trade board said Tallinder straight up for D'Agostini would be a great move.

Bleedred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 12:57 PM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Quote:
What's wrong with my comment? Wasn't Parise part of our top #6? Aren't we missing a top #6 forward? Are posters speculating that this move is to help our top #6?

This place is so hilarious when we acquire someone that hasn't proven **** in his entire career, let it be by trade or the waiver wire. Now that he's with the team we cheer for... "he has top 6 potential and will probably stay there".

Can't make this up anywhere else... well maybe the Habs/Leafs board but that's about it.

Edit: And to respond to Apice for his remark about Loktionov, anyone who thought he was going to produce at the rate he's doing right now should go buy a couple of lottery tickets cause there's not one poster who could've figured that out or else they would've been clamoring for his services, on a day to day basis, wayyyyyyyyyy before Lou even made the move.
You don`t see it and you never will. And I`m tired of reminding you again and again for years.

This thread is pure comedy gold, that is true, but for different reasons than you think.

Getzo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 01:01 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveCangialosi123 View Post
How are people's jimmies rustled after hearing this news? We can do nothing but improve from this. The negativity here sometimes...

And DATW you know I'm usually with you, but we're not on the same page here. Guy isn't gonna replace Parise, but he's a solid forward who will bring more offense than some of the crap we throw out there. And if he doesn't, oh well we gave up basically nothing.
I know he isn't replacing Parise... that's pretty evident. I just don't understand how everyone is penciling him as a top line player.

I'm more then happy about the move, considering the return, cause it'll add depth on our 3rd and 4th line. I'm just not jumping for joy cause we got a player everyone wants to see on our top line.

There's a majoooooooooooor difference between both extremes... wich seems to be flying over everyone's head for whatever reason.

Old
03-22-2013, 01:01 PM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer's Ghost View Post
you just blew the horn of Gondor. Let's see if MartyOwns heard it.
i hear all...

but i dont expect this guy on our top line, nor do i expect PDB to try him at LW. if the coach is happy with SHG and PPG almost exclusively, i guess i have to be as well.

MartyOwns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 01:02 PM
Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
Yeah that makes the most sense. Barch did cross my mind, but that would be stupid to waive him with another year to go on his contract. Just past experiences of Peters and Boulton made that pop into my head. Even if Kostopolous is not picked up then they could put him in the AHL, and it wouldn't do no harm to pay him $650k or whatever to put him there for a month. Or the Pens could claim him.
I'd imagine they would since they wanted him from the start. Maybe Lou throws one in a Voltron deal.

Let me try and get this straight. Tally is on the IR right along with Zubs? So ya we would be one player over with everyone healthy if I am thinking this correctly.

Old
03-22-2013, 01:03 PM
MJMazzarone
JAGRBOMBS!!!

Scott Burnside ‏@ESPN_Burnside 39m
Devils add another unwanted spare part in D'Agostini now destined for top-six minutes, PP glory and playoff run as per Devils handbook.

Haters gonna hate.

MJMazzarone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 01:05 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getzo5 View Post
You don`t see it and you never will. And I`m tired of reminding you again and again for years.

This thread is pure comedy gold, that is true, but for different reasons than you think.
I really could care less about what you think of me, honestly, and you don't have to remind me about stuff I don't agree with cause you know I won't change my mind, so you might as well save your fingers the work of typing stuff that won't change a thing.

I say what I think is right and that's that. If you don't like it, that's your problem

Old
03-22-2013, 01:05 PM
Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
I can't complain about Lou for at least trying here. Not a bad move, but I wish it would keep Poni off the 1st line but it won't. Hopefully Zubrus will as much as I think there's even better options than him though we don't have them.

My guess is Lou may have wanted to get someone of more significance by trading away a defensemen, but the guy he wanted to give up (Tallinder) is injured right now. I remember before the season started a Blues fan on the trade board said Tallinder straight up for D'Agostini would be a great move.
It is a fine move for what it is, and I expect Zubs to be on the 1st line over Poni everytime. I think people underestimate how expensive a real top 6 player is right now.

Again I see him as a 3rd liner who if playing well could fight and maybe bump Clarkson down depending on his play. He will play with Poni and one of our centers on the 3rd line and CBGB can be our 4th line finally.

Old
03-22-2013, 01:06 PM
njdss4
Logic dictates...

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevilsjds View Post
I already think it does, I don't care that it's had "bogus" years the cap hit is amazing!
Only have to worry about the potential cap hit if he were to retire before its end, but that's (hopefully) a really long time from now.

We just really need Zubrus back and at 100%. Can't have Barch and Kosto playing regular minutes.

njdss4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 01:06 PM
SteveCangialosi123

Quote:
I know he isn't replacing Parise... that's pretty evident. I just don't understand how everyone is penciling him as a top line player.

I'm more then happy about the move, considering the return, cause it'll add depth on our 3rd and 4th line. I'm just not jumping for joy cause we got a player everyone wants to see on our top line.

There's a majoooooooooooor difference between both extremes... wich seems to be flying over everyone's head for whatever reason.
i feel you. he isnt a top 6 talent, but if he shows some chemistry and scores more than other guys we put there he'll be a top 6 player. i do agree theres some overreaction here, but the new shiny toy always gets people excited. and you have so many haters hahaha i dont get it.

SteveCangialosi123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 01:07 PM
Luke3026
When you're burned..

Only on HF could a minor depth move turn into a 10-page ****-storm.

Luke3026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 01:09 PM
Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJMazzarone View Post
Scott Burnside ‏@ESPN_Burnside 39m
Devils add another unwanted spare part in D'Agostini now destined for top-six minutes, PP glory and playoff run as per Devils handbook.

Haters gonna hate.
God it really must grind his gears how Lou just keeps spinning thread into gold.