HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Devils acquire RW Matt D'Agostini and 2015 cdtl 7th rd pick for cdtl 4th/5th rnd pick

Old
03-22-2013, 02:23 PM
Devils731

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
Again... Lou probably talks to his head coaches in order to have a feel of what he can't see in the locker room but that doesn't take away the fact that adds, trades, waives whoever he wants and if a coach doesn't see eye to eye with his boss, Lou will do what he thinks is best.

That's how it works when your someone's boss... you have the final say regardless of what anyone else thinks. Lou has to work hand in hand with DeBoer but the final decision is Lou's and no one else.

Anyways, since that bit of info was thrown out by myself via Mario Tremblay from CKAC, it probably wasn't accurate in the 1st place
Having final say and having very little say are 2 different things. Nobody would have argued if you said Lou has the final say on all deals.

Devils731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 02:24 PM
dougiebrown

When Lou makes a trade, I love reading the comments over on the Rangers board. Here's what they've posted thus far(and notice they're all positive):

"Thats a great move by NJ yet again."

"A conditional 5th rounder?? Wtf. People were thinking they would trade a roster defenseman for him."

"Another classic Lou Lamirello trade."

"Wouldn't be shocked if Dagostini is a solid fixture in their top 6. Always had the skill."

dougiebrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 02:25 PM
apice3*

Lou has the final say but I highly doubt he's going to totally ignore anything DeBoer wants to do and I highly doubt he's going to do something DeBoer is totally against.

DeBoer probably said, I need 2nd/3rd line winger. Lou probably called a bunch of GM's to see who's available. Lou probably gave DeBoer a bunch of possible names. DeBoer probably talked over with his staff which players he likes the most. DeBoer probably reported that info back to Lou. Lou figured out the assets to be shipped out.

And that process can take as little as a few hours or as long as a few weeks, but I'm willing to bet everyone was on the same page the entire way because that's how successful hockey franchises operate.

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 02:25 PM
King Henrique
ɹǝʌo s,ʇı ǝnbıɹuǝɥ

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenriquesJawLine View Post
This is what I want when Zubs returns

Henrique-Loktionov-Kovalchuk
Elias-Zajac-Clarkson
Poni-Zubrus-D'Agostini
Carter-Gionta-Bernier
I agree, those are the lines I am hoping for as well.

King Henrique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 02:26 PM
Bleedred
Ruutu means 2 MPH

I remember someone even saying to trade Tallinder for Loktionov before we even got him. And during the lockout a couple Blues fans said Tallinder for D'Agostini would be a great hockey trade.

Bleedred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Aethon
12 Axes

Did Something happen today? I missed it.

Aethon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
ThePSEGPowerPoster
LOSER POINTS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougiebrown View Post
When Lou makes a trade, I love reading the comments over on the Rangers board. Here's what they've posted thus far(and notice they're all positive):

"Thats a great move by NJ yet again."

"A conditional 5th rounder?? Wtf. People were thinking they would trade a roster defenseman for him."

"Another classic Lou Lamirello trade."

"Wouldn't be shocked if Dagostini is a solid fixture in their top 6. Always had the skill."
You would think those would be the comments here, huh!?

ThePSEGPowerPoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 02:30 PM
Uli Hiemer
Dr. Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePSEGPowerPoster View Post
You would think those would be the comments here, huh!?
read the comments from yesterday when they were crying about brodeur's goal, and how the devils get all the breaks, and the rangers get none.

Uli Hiemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 02:31 PM
Devils731

Anyone who has seen him a play a bit care to comment with how he performs on the PP? The second unit have been sorely lacking in ability, but now we have Lokti playing well, and if D'ags is decent there, then you start to have a decent base for the unit.

Old
03-22-2013, 02:31 PM
Aethon
12 Axes

D'Agostini? That is an olive oil company right? No, a cold cut company or cheese or something like that? A Deli? So Lou bought an Italian Deli today?

Aethon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 02:32 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils731 View Post
Having final say and having very little say are 2 different things. Nobody would have argued if you said Lou has the final say on all deals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
Lou has the final say but I highly doubt he's going to totally ignore anything DeBoer wants to do and I highly doubt he's going to do something DeBoer is totally against.

DeBoer probably said, I need 2nd/3rd line winger. Lou probably called a bunch of GM's to see who's available. Lou probably gave DeBoer a bunch of possible names. DeBoer probably talked over with his staff which players he likes the most. DeBoer probably reported that info back to Lou. Lou figured out the assets to be shipped out.

And that process can take as little as a few hours or as long as a few weeks, but I'm willing to bet everyone was on the same page the entire way because that's how successful hockey franchises operate.
Maybe I'm naive, but I don't see Lou as the type of Gm who's going to ask DeBoer a bunch of questions in order for him to go "hunting" for new talent. He might have a say as to who he'd prefer but I don't see our Gm chasing the players DeBoer would like.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 02:33 PM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

vCash: 835
Quote:
Originally Posted by KovyLove View Post
D'Agostini? That is an olive oil company right? No, a cold cut company or cheese or something like that? A Deli? So Lou bought an Italian Deli today?
You're making me hungry, I could kill for some Italian sausage right now.

AfroThunder396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 02:34 PM
dougiebrown

Too bad we couldn't pull another Danton on them and sent them Ben Johnson instead.

dougiebrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
apice3*

I doubt he gives him a questionnaire but any good GM will get his coach's input on a move before he pulls the trigger.

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ThePSEGPowerPoster
LOSER POINTS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils731 View Post
Anyone who has seen him a play a bit care to comment with how he performs on the PP? The second unit have been sorely lacking in ability, but now we have Lokti playing well, and if D'ags is decent there, then you start to have a decent base for the unit.
I've only watched him play maybe 15 games his entire career and to be honest he hasn't changed much ability wise. Clearly the production isn't there anymore so there's something up.

He does everything at at least an average level and he's really not below average at anything. One thing that you will notice is his ability to skate. He'll likely be one of the better skaters on our team.

I'm a fan of D'Ags. If I had to pinpoint an annoyance it would be that he sometimes looks like he's coasting on the ice. Doesn't look engaged unless he has the puck. That's pretty much it. Curious to see what Blues fans think.

Old
03-22-2013, 02:36 PM
Wingman77
Glory Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post

Yup and how many times have we heard DeBoer say over the past 2 years how he and Lou both communicate well together

If DeBoer goes to Lou and says 'hey, I had player x on this team, and he may be struggling with the team he's on, but if we take a stab at him, I know how to get the best out of him and he'd fit in well with this team and locker room', Lou isn't going to say well **** you I'm the boss I do what I want

Wingman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 02:37 PM
The Green Unit
Lost Cosmonaut

-What do you need ?
- a bit of skills and speed.
-Ok.

The Green Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 02:37 PM
Richer's Ghost
McCleod is here

vCash: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroThunder396 View Post
You're making me hungry, I could kill for some Italian sausage right now.
serrano ham, hot capicola and sopressata sandwich... with fresh basil and provolone.

damnit now I'm hungry. I skipped lunch.

Richer's Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 02:39 PM
Wingman77
Glory Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer's Ghost View Post
serrano ham, hot capicola and sopressata sandwich... with fresh basil and provolone.

damnit now I'm hungry. I skipped lunch.
You gotta make a 'shop of D'agostini kissing Lou's hand

He'll be playing in one helluva great area Italian food wise for the next several months at least

Wingman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 02:40 PM
NJDEVIL

Lou knows what kind of people he wants on his team and while collectively he may have been happy with the group, something clearly needed to be added. I think he went straight to DeBoer on this one and offered a couple guys they were scouting. We ended up with this guy, thus far I have been impressed with these types of pickups, I love when players get new life, Loki!!!!

NJDEVIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 02:42 PM
The Green Unit
Lost Cosmonaut

If you can try Pata Negraguys, one of the best ham in the world.

The Green Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ThePSEGPowerPoster
LOSER POINTS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDEVIL View Post
I think Lou knows generally what kind of people he wants on his team and while collectively he may have been happy with the group, something clearly needed to be added and I think he went straight to DeBoer on this one and offered a couple guys they were scouting. We ended up with this guy, thus far I have been impressed with these types of pickups, I love when players get new life, Loki!!!!
Now you've got me curious. I wonder who those other guys were (assuming you're right). Come on Twitter, leak a list of players the Devils are scouting!

Old
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
NHLDevilsPR ‏@NHLDevilsPR 1m
New acquisition Matt D'Agostini will wear No. 16. #NJDevils

Devils Trap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Devils731

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman77 View Post
Yup and how many times have we heard DeBoer say over the past 2 years how he and Lou both communicate well together

If DeBoer goes to Lou and says 'hey, I had player x on this team, and he may be struggling with the team he's on, but if we take a stab at him, I know how to get the best out of him and he'd fit in well with this team and locker room', Lou isn't going to say well **** you I'm the boss I do what I want
I imagine it goes the other way too, Lou identifies a guy the scouts like, in this case D'ags, and then sees Barr has coached him before and asks Barr what his take was on D'ags.

Lou is big into finding players who will buy into the team first mentality, so I think he'd want information from people who personally knew the player.

Old
03-22-2013, 02:45 PM
ThePSEGPowerPoster
LOSER POINTS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Trap View Post
NHLDevilsPR ‏@NHLDevilsPR 1m
New acquisition Matt D'Agostini will wear No. 16. #NJDevils
JaJo's number? Hmm, interesting. Pesonen wore it as well so I guess it's not reaalllly JaJo's number.

And it's probably still Holik's number anyway if we're getting that technical.