Notices

NHL 14 & General Video Game Discussion Part Cinq

Closed Thread

Old
07-16-2013, 03:09 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

vCash: 50
Just joined a Ground War lobby and that Whiteboy7thst guy was in there too. Dude has over 2 million subs on YT. And yes it was really him, not a copycat. Just watched one of his recent videos and the name and emblem match up perfectly, though he's a fewer higher levels now naturally.

Old
07-16-2013, 05:45 PM
GMAN23
My grammer lacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Mays Here View Post
Just joined a Ground War lobby and that Whiteboy7thst guy was in there too. Dude has over 2 million subs on YT. And yes it was really him, not a copycat. Just watched one of his recent videos and the name and emblem match up perfectly, though he's a fewer higher levels now naturally.
I have a friend from high school that's YT famous now. Kinda weird. The only famous person I gamed online with was Ryan Longwell back in NFL Fever 2003. He kicked my butt like 45-10. We were just talking and he decided he would tell me who he was. He didn't accept my friend request though.

Old
07-16-2013, 05:57 PM
FUBAR McDangles

vCash: 710
I've played a few times with Frank O'Connor, the Franchise Development Director of 343i, or in other words the guy in charge of Halo.

Otherwise, no celebrities that I know of.

In the year 2017-2018, Koivu retired after two Art Ross trophies and four seasons over PPG. One of which was at 106 points and the others ranged from 84-97 points. In FA, I had to sign Zetterberg for my 2nd line spot. Pretty cheap coming in at just under 2.5.

T6 going into the 2018-2019 is going to be:
Parise(94) - Granlund(89) - Rattie(89)
Nino(87) - Zetterberg(85) - Backes(87)

Old
07-16-2013, 06:29 PM
INTOTHEVOID
Go right.

On the topic of facing "celeb" video gamers

I played against Alex Valle in SSF4 while he was streaming, he beat me very badly and then people in the stream were commenting on how bad I was.

Because I'm sure they could beat a fighting game professional who has been in the scene his whole life. Oh the internet.

Old
07-16-2013, 07:15 PM
Victorious Secret
Dr. Chuck Evil

vCash: 16145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Mays Here View Post
I've watched that guy. Hes not that good and he sounds like a whiny *****.

I had Matt Hackett on my friends list for a few months last year. I stopped playing, though.

Old
07-16-2013, 10:29 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorious Secret View Post
I've watched that guy. Hes not that good and he sounds like a whiny *****.

I had Matt Hackett on my friends list for a few months last year. I stopped playing, though.
Yeah, he's really not very good. His k/d is only 1.34 and his win/loss ratio is 0.1 because all he does is rage quit. Quit right out of the lobby I was in within 30 seconds of the game starting.

Still have the Kassassinator on my friends list.

Old
07-19-2013, 04:04 PM
Victorious Secret
Dr. Chuck Evil

Not even a week in the year 2019 and I already have 7 picks for the upcoming draft. I feel like its going to be a good year for rookies

Old
07-19-2013, 06:32 PM
Avder
Global Moderator
Sleep? What's that?

Quote:
Not even a week in the year 2019 and I already have 7 picks for the upcoming draft. I feel like its going to be a good year for rookies
Does the game just start randomly generating hockey players when you play that far into the future?

Old
07-19-2013, 09:06 PM
OpRedDawn*

vCash: 127
Ah. Playing against NJ in my BAGM. Natural hatty with Parise.... in Jersey.... in the first period. 3 goals, 4 shots lol

Old
07-19-2013, 09:16 PM
MNman

vCash: 500
My Be A GM team is pretty well set, especially after last season when some dumb team decided to place Jason Spezza on waivers.

When a little box pops up on the screen asking if you would like to claim a true #1 NHL Center who still has a number of years left as a top-notch player, you say yes, hold him in your AHL affiliate, and use him as trade bait for a new 23-year old, 88 OVR first line LW Power-Forward who is currently leading the NHL in assists.

On top of that, Calgary traded me their 1st round pick for prospects I didn't need anymore....and that pick turned out to be #3 overall

I always do fantasy draft, and here's my current line-up:

P. Hentunen (88) - Stamkos (93) - Eberle (89)
E. Wellwood (83) - Granlund (84) - T. Rattie (81)
H. Pesonen (79) - A. Henrique (83) - D. Setoguchi (84)
M. Raymond (79) - D. Helm (79) - M Grabner (80)

Pietrangelo (89) - B. Gormley (85)
J. Schultz (85) - J. Brodie (83)
Doughtry (81) - B. Jackman (83)

J. Markstrom (85) (reigning Vezina winner)

any time the other team is grabbing momentum, I just throw out that 4th line. That much speed just wreaks havoc. They always get scoring chances, and are just a menace on the fore-check.

Henrique and Seto will probably get traded this off-season, since I have rookies ready to step into those spots, one of which was a 4th overall pick the previous draft.

Harri Pesonen doesn't look like much, but he is a sniper with 99 wrist shot accuracy. Rattie got his first crack at the NHL this last season, and took advantage to the toon of leading the team in goals. Doughtry and Jackman have rookies ready to step into their positions as well, one of whom had 92 assists in his last AHL season.

Old
07-19-2013, 09:25 PM
OpRedDawn*

scratch that, 5 goals lol

Old
07-19-2013, 09:30 PM
FUBAR McDangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post
Does the game just start randomly generating hockey players when you play that far into the future?
Yup. Most of the time they use last names of actual NHLers, so every year you'll get a Staal or an Ovechkin or someone, and it's randomly generated where they come from, but then you get people like John Kovalchuk from Japan and you have to laugh.

Like just last season(2018-2019) I drafted Tanner Glass 1st overall. Center power forward with all A potential and he's already an 81. Probably top out around 92-93.

Old
07-19-2013, 10:22 PM
BigT2002

I really hope they don't screw up the BAGM mode for 2014. It is by far the only thing I play.

Old
07-20-2013, 12:04 AM
Victorious Secret
Dr. Chuck Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyratoku View Post
Yup. Most of the time they use last names of actual NHLers, so every year you'll get a Staal or an Ovechkin or someone, and it's randomly generated where they come from, but then you get people like John Kovalchuk from Japan and you have to laugh.

Like just last season(2018-2019) I drafted Tanner Glass 1st overall. Center power forward with all A potential and he's already an 81. Probably top out around 92-93.
What tyra said. Its based on previous, since the announcers won't know what to call them if they come up with new names.

It was a tough offseason for me. Had 37 million free, but had to find space for Granlund (12), Koivu (6), Brodin (8), Phillips (6), Coyle (6), and Hackett (9). I had to just RFA qualify Granlund, sign the others and then traded Koivu and Hackett to have enough money for Granlund. Phillips is only an 85 and doesn't deserve that money so I'll trade him for a couple firsts, too. Got Seguin(82 overall) and a first for Koivu (87 overall), Boston was in the bottom 3, so it should be a good pick. Plus, Seguin. HA Traded Hackett for a prospect and first rounder. Just wanted his contract gone.

Plus, for the draft, I will save, go through the draft and then when doing contracts I'll look to see what prospects turned out as and if they are worth drafting and then I'll go back to the previous save and draft them. So, if I don't find anyone worth picking, I'll trade the picks for the following year. I want to draft a franchise player or goalie. I have yet to see one.

Old
07-20-2013, 08:33 PM
OpRedDawn*

Heater - Granny - Wheeler

Awesome ogre line

Old
07-21-2013, 07:01 PM
MNman

Quote:
What tyra said. Its based on previous, since the announcers won't know what to call them if they come up with new names.

It was a tough offseason for me. Had 37 million free, but had to find space for Granlund (12), Koivu (6), Brodin (8), Phillips (6), Coyle (6), and Hackett (9). I had to just RFA qualify Granlund, sign the others and then traded Koivu and Hackett to have enough money for Granlund. Phillips is only an 85 and doesn't deserve that money so I'll trade him for a couple firsts, too. Got Seguin(82 overall) and a first for Koivu (87 overall), Boston was in the bottom 3, so it should be a good pick. Plus, Seguin. HA Traded Hackett for a prospect and first rounder. Just wanted his contract gone.

Plus, for the draft, I will save, go through the draft and then when doing contracts I'll look to see what prospects turned out as and if they are worth drafting and then I'll go back to the previous save and draft them. So, if I don't find anyone worth picking, I'll trade the picks for the following year. I want to draft a franchise player or goalie. I have yet to see one.
He wasn't listed as a franchise player, but the draft I just did today got me a goalie at the #3 overall pick:

75 OVR rating with 4.5 star potential, and he's only 18 years old.

I didn't need a G since Markstrom is locked up for a few years, but I suppose he's got a couple years of seasoning before I have to worry about it

Old
07-22-2013, 03:07 AM
Victorious Secret
Dr. Chuck Evil

WOW. Start playing online in NHL13. Get up to 11-0. 7 shutouts. Throttling next opponent up 3-0 in the middle of the second, game disconnects and I end up with the loss. 11-1. Thanks EA.

Old
07-22-2013, 06:37 AM
FUBAR McDangles

Quote:
WOW. Start playing online in NHL13. Get up to 11-0. 7 shutouts. Throttling next opponent up 3-0 in the middle of the second, game disconnects and I end up with the loss. 11-1. Thanks EA.
People online are surprisingly bad. I posted about it back before NHL 13 came out, but for a while I played NHL 12 online. I lost my first two or three games because I was getting used to the higher latency and delay in pretty much everything thanks to being online, but then I went on something like an 21-1-1 tear. Absolutely destroyed pretty much everybody.

Then I started playing Be a GM again and never touched online

Old
07-22-2013, 12:00 PM
mnwild

vCash: 125
if anyone wants to lose in some NHL13 1v1 VS play my gamertag is Doctor THC - xbox

Old
07-22-2013, 12:26 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Put in a fair amount of time with BL2 this weekend, starting to get a little bored. Loaded up Saints Row 3 but didn't really get much into it. Have to see where I want to go next.

Old
07-22-2013, 01:06 PM
Nsjohnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Put in a fair amount of time with BL2 this weekend, starting to get a little bored. Loaded up Saints Row 3 but didn't really get much into it. Have to see where I want to go next.
Pick up TES5 Skyrim. You'll be set till..oh right around season opener!

Old
07-22-2013, 01:32 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I forgot about Skyrim! Yes, definitely will have to check it out. Still $30 though.

Old
07-22-2013, 01:33 PM
BuddyMcCormick

vCash: 934
Quote:
I forgot about Skyrim! Yes, definitely will have to check it out. Still $30 though.
It doesn't have to be.
>.>
<.<

Old
07-22-2013, 01:35 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Ah, I see it's $22-23 on eBay BIN. That's better.

Old
07-22-2013, 01:44 PM
Nsjohnson

Quote:
Jarick maybe I'm biased since Morrowind was my favorite RPG of all time, and possibly favorite game, but Skyrim is quite honestly worth 100$. I remember putting around 200 hours in on Morrowind and never completing over 75% of what that game had to offer and Skyrim is even larger. If you haven't played Morrowind or Oblivion I would read up on those just to get 'caught up' with events in Tamriel.

Last summer I played probably 50 hours of Skyrim, maybe a bit more. I was at the tailend of my trimester in the beginning of August and I played it through mid-September. Probably completed 10% of the game (if you can ever truly complete it). Became too busy with school after that. I'm again at the end of my tri about to have 3 weeks of vacation and thinking of starting where I left off before heading to the DR/Haiti!

Closed Thread