NHL 14 & General Video Game Discussion Part Cinq

Closed Thread

Old
07-29-2013, 06:23 PM
tyratoku

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
I need help making that choice, I'm leaning towards the PS4.

I went through 3 Xbox's since 07...

I had a disk tray issue on my first one, then the RROD on the 2nd... Now I'm on my 3rd...

Disk tray issues and overheating are forcing me to get a new one...

The amount of heat it produces is ridiculous..
If you compare the actual box sizes of the Xbox One and the Playstation 4, you'll find that the Xbox One is a decent amount larger than the PS4. Almost a full third of the Xbox's size is dedicated to a huge fan. They're banking on it causing a lot of heat, and they're cooling it down quite a bit. And apparently, by all accounts, it is almost completely silent. So the overheating and absurd loudness that has been plaguing the 360 for most of its life(before the redesigns to the slim and now the mini) should be a thing of the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT2002 View Post
For me it is the controller. The MS one is meant for gaming. I'm still on the fence, but that is why I want to see how the systems react once they go live in 4Q first.

In this day and age, I'm concerned. Too many companies state their infrastructure is secure and then get their ***** handed to them once a DDos or Spearing attacks happens to them. Sony just happened to be one of the biggest gaming ones to happen. And the fact they "claimed" it was resolved and then had it happen again makes me concerned about how serious they are truly taking it.
The Xbox controller is 100x better than the Playstation controller IMO and is also a huge part of my decision. Whenever I go to one of my buddy's places that have playstations, I am struck with the feeling that I'm playing with fragile toys that are simply uncomfortable in my hands.

Granted, a lot of that is supposed to be different for the PS4, but man...it's hard for me to change.

And the security thing isn't really a concern for me. Especially with Microsoft. They've really improved their stuff for Windows lately and I trust MSE for my anti-virus. I haven't had an issue with my Xbox either so I might as well keep going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbcraig1883 View Post
Is Be A GM in NHL 12 worth giving a shot? I have played several hours of hockey sims before...I promise I don't expect it to be that specific but is the draft/development engine/algorithm (whatever you call it) any good?
It's pretty darn good. Better than NHL 11 and NHL 10, that's for sure. I still play NHL 12 Be A GM to this day. Some of the free agency stuff can boggle the mind. Like a player like Parise will continually sign one year deals at 5-6m a year when his overall is a 94, then once he starts declining all of a sudden he wants 12m a year. Yes. 12 million. Defensive defensemen in free agency can frequently be had for cheap(like an 87 overall DFD will sign for $3-4m, but 87 overall offensive defender will cost you like $6-7m).

Drafting is good. You'll get some first round guys maxing out at 82-83, some you'll get that pop into the low 90s. Very rarely do you draft a guy that gets above...say...93 or 94.

Potential on existing players can be a bit wonky though. A guy like Matt Dumba maxes out at like 77 from all my attempts. And Seguin and Hall can each get up to like 96. Your mileage may vary. I do recommend sinking some time into the mode though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorious Secret View Post
This might be the first year I'll get a Madden game. Not only that, but a Madden game and NOT an NHL.
I got Madden 13 for the first time last year since Madden 07, I didn't buy an NHL game. It was a very nice change of pace.

Old
07-29-2013, 06:59 PM
Vashanesh
My best outfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyMcCormick View Post
Do explain.
If I had a nickel for every time I've had my battle.net account (or WOW, before they merged) info stolen, I'd have like 45-50 cents.

Old
07-29-2013, 07:09 PM
Victorious Secret
Eyebrows Defcon 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyratoku View Post
I got Madden 13 for the first time last year since Madden 07, I didn't buy an NHL game. It was a very nice change of pace.
I was wary, but I'm more confident now. I'm going to try it.

Old
07-29-2013, 08:02 PM
llamapalooza
Hockey State Expat

Here's a take on it from someone on the fence and who had both this gen:

Xbox One:
- Better online interface
- Better controller
- Halo, Gears, Titanfall
- Skype (useless for ranked matches but will be nice for playing with RL friends/family)
- Cool Kinect features (auto sign-in, chat via positional microphone filtering, automatically matching splitscreens to where you're sitting in the room)
- Better Netflix/GameCenter/DVD playing/etc interface (both with & without Kinect)
- Most RL friends are buying it

PS4:
- Cheaper
- Very slightly more powerful
- Controller includes rechargable pack
- Uncharted/other Naughty Dog stuff, thatGameCompany, MLB
- No obnoxious Kinect features (anything involving flailing about)
- Cross-buy with Vita
- Most online friends are buying it
- More JRPG/Japanse Developer support (excl. Square Enix)

Same to both (but still notable):
- Basically all 3rd party games (EA, Ubisoft, Activision, 2K/Rockstar, Square Enix, Konami, Capcom, etc.)
- DRM policies (yes on downloads, no on discs)
- Obnoxious cloud stuff
- Obnoxious tablet stuff
- Pay for online multiplayer
- Free games for subscribers
- Blu-ray
- Start playing games while they download
- No backwards compatibility
- First-party driving sim

(And yes, I left out a bunch of exclusives but that's generally because they don't appeal to me. That's primarily Sony's mediocre first-party shooters and platformers.)

Old
07-29-2013, 08:12 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

You have to pay for online for PS4 ?

Wow.

Old
07-29-2013, 08:16 PM
BuddyMcCormick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vashanesh View Post
If I had a nickel for every time I've had my battle.net account (or WOW, before they merged) info stolen, I'd have like 45-50 cents.
Ah! Gotcha. I thought you meant CC info specifically.

Old
07-29-2013, 08:17 PM
BuddyMcCormick

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
You have to pay for online for PS4 ?

Wow.
Googled. You do have to pay.

Old
07-29-2013, 08:43 PM
Vashanesh
My best outfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by llamapalooza View Post
Here's a take on it from someone on the fence and who had both this gen:

Xbox One:
- Better online interface
- Better controller
- Halo, Gears, Titanfall
- Skype (useless for ranked matches but will be nice for playing with RL friends/family)
- Cool Kinect features (auto sign-in, chat via positional microphone filtering, automatically matching splitscreens to where you're sitting in the room)
- Better Netflix/GameCenter/DVD playing/etc interface (both with & without Kinect)
- Most RL friends are buying it

PS4:
- Cheaper
- Very slightly more powerful
- Controller includes rechargable pack
- Uncharted/other Naughty Dog stuff, thatGameCompany, MLB
- No obnoxious Kinect features (anything involving flailing about)
- Cross-buy with Vita
- Most online friends are buying it
- More JRPG/Japanse Developer support (excl. Square Enix)

Same to both (but still notable):
- Basically all 3rd party games (EA, Ubisoft, Activision, 2K/Rockstar, Square Enix, Konami, Capcom, etc.)
- DRM policies (yes on downloads, no on discs)
- Obnoxious cloud stuff
- Obnoxious tablet stuff
- Pay for online multiplayer
- Free games for subscribers
- Blu-ray
- Start playing games while they download
- No backwards compatibility
- First-party driving sim

(And yes, I left out a bunch of exclusives but that's generally because they don't appeal to me. That's primarily Sony's mediocre first-party shooters and platformers.)
Almost every gaming news source has said that the PS4 controller is either equal or better than the new XBone controller.

Titanfall is *NOT* an XBone exclusive. Where did that rumor start? It's XBone and PC at launch.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...nd-ea-weigh-in

Are there any confirmed Gears of War games for next gen? XBone or otherwise?

How is Skyping with friends/family any different than voice chatting with either system now? At best, it'll be a "nicer" interface, and I've got no issue with either XBL or PS options. I'm not trying to just be trollish on this, I honestly haven't heard one real benefit to Skype vs. any other voice chat ever.

Also, the numbers aren't out yet, of course. But the PS4 is very likely going to be more than "very slightly more powerful". It's got better hardware at every single step. Better RAM, better video card, better CPU, less useless (to me) crap going on in the background -- which means less multitasking on said hardware. The names might sounds similar, but most of the side-by-side testing with as near as we have publicly available hardware has the PS4 being markedly more powerful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyMcCormick View Post
Googled. You do have to pay.
But you get all the benefits of PS+ that I've enjoyed for quite some time. More benefits that XBL offers.

There's also the Gaikai aspect that's being completely ignored. The promise is real-time game streaming to your PS4. Something that I don't believe Microsoft has the infrastructure to match. This also means the PS4 is - roundabout - backwards compatible. Gaikai tech can stream the old games as long as the original publishers are on board.

There's also remote play to the Vita. Something that the XBone just plain can't match, ever. They flat out lack the hardware. I've got a Vita, and love it. Now I'll be able to play full console games on my Vita while my wife is watching whatever stupid garbage she watches with no huff or puff.

I understand why people want to stay with Xbox. The 360 was an awesome console and a lot of people are invested in XBL. But the PS4 just beats the XBone at every step for everything I'm looking for.

Old
07-29-2013, 09:53 PM
llamapalooza
Hockey State Expat

Quote:
Almost every gaming news source has said that the PS4 controller is either equal or better than the new XBone controller.

Titanfall is *NOT* an XBone exclusive. Where did that rumor start? It's XBone and PC at launch.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...nd-ea-weigh-in

Are there any confirmed Gears of War games for next gen? XBone or otherwise?

How is Skyping with friends/family any different than voice chatting with either system now? At best, it'll be a "nicer" interface, and I've got no issue with either XBL or PS options. I'm not trying to just be trollish on this, I honestly haven't heard one real benefit to Skype vs. any other voice chat ever.

Also, the numbers aren't out yet, of course. But the PS4 is very likely going to be more than "very slightly more powerful". It's got better hardware at every single step. Better RAM, better video card, better CPU, less useless (to me) crap going on in the background -- which means less multitasking on said hardware. The names might sounds similar, but most of the side-by-side testing with as near as we have publicly available hardware has the PS4 being markedly more powerful.

But you get all the benefits of PS+ that I've enjoyed for quite some time. More benefits that XBL offers.

There's also the Gaikai aspect that's being completely ignored. The promise is real-time game streaming to your PS4. Something that I don't believe Microsoft has the infrastructure to match. This also means the PS4 is - roundabout - backwards compatible. Gaikai tech can stream the old games as long as the original publishers are on board.

There's also remote play to the Vita. Something that the XBone just plain can't match, ever. They flat out lack the hardware. I've got a Vita, and love it. Now I'll be able to play full console games on my Vita while my wife is watching whatever stupid garbage she watches with no huff or puff.

I understand why people want to stay with Xbox. The 360 was an awesome console and a lot of people are invested in XBL. But the PS4 just beats the XBone at every step for everything I'm looking for.
Keep in mind that a lot of this was my opinion. e.g., no matter how much they refine the DualShock, I'll never prefer that layout.

Skype functionality isn't just voice, but actually can include video chat onscreen while you play. (One of the actual benefits of the Kinect.) Not to mention HD video chat on your TV with anyone on the most popular video platform. That's a more minor perk but I will definitely use it if I get an Xbone.

MS is doing 2 free games/month on Live now, although it's unclear if that promo will continue past the 360.

Titanfall is officially exclusive. There's a good chance that will change eventually but word on the street is that MS has at least a year of exclusivity.

I'm under the impression that the PS4 and Xbone are incredibly similar in terms of hardware, except the PS4 has faster RAM. But also worth considering is that the architectures are similar enough and 3rd parties are so committed to multiplatform at this point, that the vast majority of the games will probably be primarily developed with the weaker of the two in mind anyway and ported to the stronger very easily.

Now I could be completely wrong on this one, and only time will tell, but I'm really, really skeptical of any of the streaming options. I'm really unconvinced that Gaikai will be viable over typical network connections; there's just way too much latency and unreliability there. Remember that games don't have the advantage of buffering that Netflix, YouTube, etc. do. A 100ms delay between pressing a button and it registering, and then another 100ms delay before the image refreshes, will absolutely ruin pretty much any game. Similar problem with the Vita; I have found Remote Play from my PS3 to my Vita to be completely useless because of latency (and that's just over local Wi-Fi, no internet needed!). Nintendo achieves mostly lag-free (though occasionally still perceptibly laggy) on the Wii U with really specialized hardware that the PS4/Vita lack.

All that aside, I really, truly am on the fence. Like, have both preordered for launch and still haven't decided which I'm gonna cancel.

Old
07-29-2013, 11:41 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

$50 for an entire year is nothing. I don't think many PS users will put up a fuss about it.

Still have no idea what I'm going to do when it comes to the new console. I'll probably wait at least a few months, likely more before I decide which one I want. There's a chance I'll even wait at least a year.

Old
07-30-2013, 12:02 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

I still think I'm going to the PS4. I'm not pleased with Xbox...

Old
07-30-2013, 01:07 AM
Avder
Life Happens.*shrug*

vCash: 405
My 13 year old Microsoft Sidewinder 3D-Pro joystick is on its last leg. There's a wire break somewhere in its cord.

Time to either find another one on ebay or find a modern stick I can tolerate.

Old
07-30-2013, 03:56 AM
Sharppi
Nothing to see here

PS4 definitely. The Division was sexeeh.

Old
07-30-2013, 04:55 AM
Fallenity

I decided to completely jump ship and move back to PC gaming, Steam is just too good currently. Although it always costs a new consoles worth every two years to upgrade my system, the additional benefits are too good. Plus I like to tinker. I might buy the XB1 or PS4 after they've been released for sometime if my friends start buying them, but I'm hoping to draw them to Steam also. Now just to get the Xbox controller hooked to my PC and I'll be set.

Or what about that Steambox....?

Old
07-30-2013, 05:12 AM
Sharppi
Nothing to see here

Of course I'm mainly a PC gamer though, but PS4 is needed for some NHL games and selected few other games.

Old
07-30-2013, 07:35 AM
tyratoku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharppi View Post
PS4 definitely. The Division was sexeeh.
The Division is coming to X1 as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallenity View Post
I decided to completely jump ship and move back to PC gaming, Steam is just too good currently. Although it always costs a new consoles worth every two years to upgrade my system, the additional benefits are too good. Plus I like to tinker. I might buy the XB1 or PS4 after they've been released for sometime if my friends start buying them, but I'm hoping to draw them to Steam also. Now just to get the Xbox controller hooked to my PC and I'll be set.

Or what about that Steambox....?
I would love to be a PC gamer but can't really afford it right now. My laptop is horrible, but I can still play some lower end games on it. Steam is fantastic.

Old
07-30-2013, 07:44 AM
Fallenity

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyratoku View Post

I would love to be a PC gamer but can't really afford it right now. My laptop is horrible, but I can still play some lower end games on it. Steam is fantastic.
It's strange how Steam was originally just something you had to install with CS: Source, now it's like the future of PC gaming.

So I thought also, but apparently you can get a good desktop PC for a cheap price. Nothing that runs for example Crisis on full graphics, but something that'll let you play most games without problems.

I usually use www.logicalincrements.com if I'm getting a new PC, but that catch is that you have to put the pieces together yourself. But that's surprisingly simple, it's kind of like building a puzzle.

Old
07-30-2013, 08:29 AM
BuddyMcCormick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallenity View Post
It's strange how Steam was originally just something you had to install with CS: Source, now it's like the future of PC gaming.

So I thought also, but apparently you can get a good desktop PC for a cheap price. Nothing that runs for example Crisis on full graphics, but something that'll let you play most games without problems.

I usually use www.logicalincrements.com if I'm getting a new PC, but that catch is that you have to put the pieces together yourself. But that's surprisingly simple, it's kind of like building a puzzle.
www.newegg.com is also a pretty good place to shop for computer parts.

Old
07-30-2013, 09:55 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I was an XBL subscriber for two years. This is what I got for it:

Netflix access

As a PS+ subscribed for a little over a year, this is what I've got for it:

Little Big Planet 2
inFamous 2
Saints Row 2
Just Cause 2
Walking Dead 1 & 2
Borderlands
NFL Blitz
Resident Evil 5
Bioshock 2
NBA Jam
Demon's Souls
Sleeping Dogs
Deus Ex Human Revolution
Saints Row 3
Uncharted 3
XCOM
Little Big Planet Karting
Battlefield 3

And about twice as many more games that I never downloaded.

Also, 50% off Borderlands 2, Journey, and Beyond Good & Evil. 75% off Tiger Woods 2013.

Old
07-30-2013, 10:30 AM
Vashanesh
My best outfit

Quote:
Keep in mind that a lot of this was my opinion. e.g., no matter how much they refine the DualShock, I'll never prefer that layout.

Skype functionality isn't just voice, but actually can include video chat onscreen while you play. (One of the actual benefits of the Kinect.) Not to mention HD video chat on your TV with anyone on the most popular video platform. That's a more minor perk but I will definitely use it if I get an Xbone.

MS is doing 2 free games/month on Live now, although it's unclear if that promo will continue past the 360.

Titanfall is officially exclusive. There's a good chance that will change eventually but word on the street is that MS has at least a year of exclusivity.

I'm under the impression that the PS4 and Xbone are incredibly similar in terms of hardware, except the PS4 has faster RAM. But also worth considering is that the architectures are similar enough and 3rd parties are so committed to multiplatform at this point, that the vast majority of the games will probably be primarily developed with the weaker of the two in mind anyway and ported to the stronger very easily.

Now I could be completely wrong on this one, and only time will tell, but I'm really, really skeptical of any of the streaming options. I'm really unconvinced that Gaikai will be viable over typical network connections; there's just way too much latency and unreliability there. Remember that games don't have the advantage of buffering that Netflix, YouTube, etc. do. A 100ms delay between pressing a button and it registering, and then another 100ms delay before the image refreshes, will absolutely ruin pretty much any game. Similar problem with the Vita; I have found Remote Play from my PS3 to my Vita to be completely useless because of latency (and that's just over local Wi-Fi, no internet needed!). Nintendo achieves mostly lag-free (though occasionally still perceptibly laggy) on the Wii U with really specialized hardware that the PS4/Vita lack.

All that aside, I really, truly am on the fence. Like, have both preordered for launch and still haven't decided which I'm gonna cancel.
No, it's not. Did you read the link I put in my last post?

It's coming to 360, XBone and PC at launch. Respawn has not ruled out the possibility of PS4 in the future.

It's coming to the PC at launch, by definition, that's not an exclusive title.

I'm still not sold on Skype being worth anything, but, I wouldn't use any of that functionality. So there's a strong possibility it's just not meant for me.

Also, I'm not sure what you mean about remote play? I've had zero issues playing things like Tokyo Jungle on my Vita on local internet.

Better hardware to push the graphics, all the patents they've purchased with Gaikai, their streaming tech will be better. It would be a MASSIVE PR nightmare if it turned out to be complete crap, I don't think they would've talked about it if they weren't at least reasonably confident in the tech.

Old
07-30-2013, 01:17 PM
forthewild

Few things to keep in mind about the xbone/ps4

PS4 has a NEW DESIGN for the controller, from opinions at E3 people Prefer the PS4 controller. Battle Field Designer said its the best controller to date.

Also this is a KEY POINT to make. for PS4 in order to play games online you have to pay which is same as Xbox, but you also get free games with PS+ BUT NONE of the other stuff is behind a paywall. So you DONT NEED to pay to access netflix on ps4 (mind you ps3 has the most netfix users) and for games like Diablo 3 and MMO games YOU DONT need PS+. Meaning that there is less things behind the paywall on PS4 than Xbone.

Titanfall isn't an exclusive, its going to be on the PC and thats where the best experience will be (kb+mouse) It will also come to ps4 after like 6 moths. Sony has not revealed all their exclusive games yet either tho, they have many studios that are making games for them since that's where they put their money towards, they buy studios and fund them rather than paying for timed DLC.

If you are on the fence get the PS4, it cheaper and will be game focused with better value.

Old
07-30-2013, 09:59 PM
llamapalooza
Hockey State Expat

Quote:
No, it's not. Did you read the link I put in my last post?

It's coming to 360, XBone and PC at launch. Respawn has not ruled out the possibility of PS4 in the future.

It's coming to the PC at launch, by definition, that's not an exclusive title.

I'm still not sold on Skype being worth anything, but, I wouldn't use any of that functionality. So there's a strong possibility it's just not meant for me.

Also, I'm not sure what you mean about remote play? I've had zero issues playing things like Tokyo Jungle on my Vita on local internet.

Better hardware to push the graphics, all the patents they've purchased with Gaikai, their streaming tech will be better. It would be a MASSIVE PR nightmare if it turned out to be complete crap, I don't think they would've talked about it if they weren't at least reasonably confident in the tech.
I meant official as in company line. Thus far it has only been announced/confirmed for Xbone (and PC and 360). Developers sidestepping the question doesn't count as official. And like I said in my post, there's a good chance it will come out on the PS4 after a year or so, but nothing official.

I found that over local internet my PS3's menus didn't even stream smoothly to be usable on my Vita, but I'll admit that's completely anecdotal. Between that and the absolute fiasco that was OnLive (the last company to try streaming games) I guess I'm just very much in the "I'll believe it when I see it" camp on that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Mays Here View Post
$50 for an entire year is nothing. I don't think many PS users will put up a fuss about it.
$50 for a year subscription isn't that big of a deal for someone's first console, but I think it's going to discourage a lot more people from getting both consoles than in this gen. No way in hell I'm paying $50 for Xbox Live and $50 for PS+. Between the two, it's a toss-up (do I want a good online service or do I want a mediocre online service but free games?).

Also, PS+ free games started well into PS3's life as a way to move units to more budget-conscious late adopters. I'm really curious how that program is going to change as they move to a system where (A) they're only dealing with early adopters and (B) without a big catalog of games that are past their profitability and therefore can be offered for free without cannibalizing sales. Combined with the fact that Driveclub for PS+ is only a subset of the full game, it suggests to me that the free games probably won't be as extensive as they were this gen (at least not for a while) but that is of course complete speculation on my part.

Old
07-30-2013, 10:14 PM
Vashanesh
My best outfit

Quote:
I meant official as in company line. Thus far it has only been announced/confirmed for Xbone (and PC and 360). Developers sidestepping the question doesn't count as official. And like I said in my post, there's a good chance it will come out on the PS4 after a year or so, but nothing official.

I found that over local internet my PS3's menus didn't even stream smoothly to be usable on my Vita, but I'll admit that's completely anecdotal. Between that and the absolute fiasco that was OnLive (the last company to try streaming games) I guess I'm just very much in the "I'll believe it when I see it" camp on that one.

$50 for a year subscription isn't that big of a deal for someone's first console, but I think it's going to discourage a lot more people from getting both consoles than in this gen. No way in hell I'm paying $50 for Xbox Live and $50 for PS+. Between the two, it's a toss-up (do I want a good online service or do I want a mediocre online service but free games?).

Also, PS+ free games started well into PS3's life as a way to move units to more budget-conscious late adopters. I'm really curious how that program is going to change as they move to a system where (A) they're only dealing with early adopters and (B) without a big catalog of games that are past their profitability and therefore can be offered for free without cannibalizing sales. Combined with the fact that Driveclub for PS+ is only a subset of the full game, it suggests to me that the free games probably won't be as extensive as they were this gen (at least not for a while) but that is of course complete speculation on my part.
Ok, you're still entirely discounting the fact that a game launching for XBone, 360 and PC is *NOT* an exclusive, by any possible definition. It's a PC title at launch, you can't count that as an exclusive for the XBone.

Ignoring entirely the likelihood that it'll come to the PS4 sooner or later (or at least a sequel will), you can't count Titanfall's (complete lack of) exclusivity as a benefit to the system.

Your experience with remote play is very odd. I've had no trouble with it in my use. Who knows, router incompatibility, signal interference, hardware issues at any end of the spectrum... There's a lot it could be. Sucks it doesn't work for you.

As for PS+ vs XBL on the next gen consoles... *shrug*

It's either worth it to someone, or it's not. I think the benefits that PS+ offers blow XBL out of the water 100 times out of 100. But that's my opinion. I'll continue to pay for it with no hesitation, and I'll be happy to ignore XBL and it's terrible policies like pay-walling basic features ala Netflix.

I just don't have any faith that Microsoft has the consumer in mind this generation. They certainly don't seem to have the gamer in mind from what I'm seeing. When it comes down to it, Sony is just plain winning every point of argument for me.

To each their own. I hope they both end up being awesome in the end. They'll just push each other to improve.

Old
07-30-2013, 10:53 PM
MNman

No matter which next gen console you get, if you get it in the first year or two, make sure to buy the warranty along with it. I plan on going to the local Best Buy to make it easier for repairs/replacement when they arise (and they will on a new console)

TitanFall is not Xbox exclusive, but it is console exclusive. TitanFall will NOT be available on any Sony platform.

If you play online video games, go with the one your friends go with. If that is not a deciding factor, you go with the one that best fits your console exclusive games + price point ratio best. (Personally I don't care one bit about all of the Skype and TV interaction features of the Xbox One, I have other devices for that already)

I think this generation will be neck and neck between PS4 and Xbox One...Sony will make up a lot of ground lost with the PS3, if only for the $100 cheaper price point at launch (plus they have said it will be able to swap out Hard Drive's like the PS3 was able to, Xbox One only has one HDD option at launch)

Can anyone confirm if my Turtle Beach headset will still work with next gen consoles??? I have no reason to believe they won't, as long as the console includes a USB and optical port.

Old
07-31-2013, 12:31 AM
llamapalooza
Hockey State Expat

Yeah, I guess I shouldn't have used "exclusive," which has turned into a kind of muddy term. Point is, as someone who is neither equipped for nor remotely interested in PC games (except a few low-end strategy games like Civ on my Mac), Xbox One has Titanfall and PS4 doesn't. It's a small point––and I'm not even sure it makes up for missing out on Uncharted––but it's there.

Closed Thread