Old
09-07-2013, 06:52 PM
Avder
Global Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthClobber View Post
Hmm, this is interesting... Does EA Sports know something we don't, or is this just a mistake? Greens are listed as our homes and not our alternates in NHL 14. In fact, our reds are listed as our alts.

Oh please god yes.

Old
09-08-2013, 12:27 AM
tyratoku

vCash: 500
Finally finished the Ghost Recon: Future Soldier campaign. It was a fun one, I played on the hardest difficulty from the get-go in order to maximize my cheevos. Decent game. Probably won't play it again.

Just started playing the free game of the month, Magic the Gathering 2013. Never played the card game so this is...interesting. Kinda fun though.

EDIT: I also canceled my preorder for NHL14. Finally got around to trying the demo and I cannot ****inn believe that they are trying to get me to spend $60 on a game with the same exact commentary tracks as NHL ****ing 10?! Are you serious?

That is just embarrassing, EA. I never played NHL13 and yet I still know almost every line by heart before Thorne or Clement even say it. Ridiculous.

I refuse to buy the game because of that. No dice.

Old
09-08-2013, 12:47 AM
StealthClobber
EUCALYPTUS!!!

Well it's confirmed, Calgary is getting a new alternate.

From EA Sports on the jersey code:
Quote:
"We will post the code here when it is revealed.

The code can't be posted until all the teams have unveiled their jerseys. As of right now we are waiting on the Calgary Flames to reveal their alternate jersey.

For the teams that have already revealed the jersey but are locked, they were not revealed in time for EA to put them in the game and they are bound by contract to lock them until the code is released."
This is kinda annoying though. I searched google and found no mention of a new Flames jersey, so this must be breaking news, which means the jersey probably isnt close to being done yet, which means we may have to wait several months just to use the Wild's new away in 14. Jersey code my ass, just release title updates with the jerseys in them, you lazy azzes.

Old
09-08-2013, 12:25 PM
llamapalooza
Hockey State Expat

Yeah I'm with ya, I'm not sure why they have to hold all the jerseys back instead of just pushing them out in the next title update. Microsoft charges a lot for title updates so I can see why they wouldn't push an update just for a jersey, but they could certainly roll out all the jerseys that have been revealed with each update. Plus, Minnesota could have told them long before the game went gold that the jersey reveal would be at the State Fair (and therefore way before the game released).

They mentioned the contractual thing so I'm guessing the teams make the terms stricter than they need to be because they're afraid of leaks. And remember that one contract covers all 30 teams, so I don't know if Minnesota can be covered by different rules than Calgary.

Also, I'm almost positive Russo said there wouldn't be a switch to the greens full-time this year because those changes require a ton of lead time on file with the league and there's been no such motion. So as much as I hate to say it, that's probably just an error on EA's part.

Old
09-10-2013, 01:38 PM
BigT2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by llamapalooza View Post
Yeah I'm with ya, I'm not sure why they have to hold all the jerseys back instead of just pushing them out in the next title update. Microsoft charges a lot for title updates so I can see why they wouldn't push an update just for a jersey, but they could certainly roll out all the jerseys that have been revealed with each update. Plus, Minnesota could have told them long before the game went gold that the jersey reveal would be at the State Fair (and therefore way before the game released).

They mentioned the contractual thing so I'm guessing the teams make the terms stricter than they need to be because they're afraid of leaks. And remember that one contract covers all 30 teams, so I don't know if Minnesota can be covered by different rules than Calgary.

Also, I'm almost positive Russo said there wouldn't be a switch to the greens full-time this year because those changes require a ton of lead time on file with the league and there's been no such motion. So as much as I hate to say it, that's probably just an error on EA's part.
probably because that is the only jersey anyone ever used in the game lol

Old
09-10-2013, 03:22 PM
keppel146
We love Bacon

so does anyone know how or when to get updated jerseys and rosters? or will EA announce it?

Old
09-10-2013, 03:25 PM
Engebretson
Another GopherClone

Quote:
Originally Posted by keppel146 View Post
so does anyone know how or when to get updated jerseys and rosters? or will EA announce it?
On their site, they said they are waiting until all the new jerseys are released and then they will give a code to get all the new jerseys.

Old
09-10-2013, 03:32 PM
Wildlife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engebretson View Post
On their site, they said they are waiting until all the new jerseys are released and then they will give a code to get all the new jerseys.
Which jerseys are we waiting on getting? Is there any estimation on when that'll be?

Old
09-10-2013, 03:54 PM
Engebretson
Another GopherClone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildlife View Post
Which jerseys are we waiting on getting? Is there any estimation on when that'll be?
Pretty sure it's Calgary's new alternate, and apparently there's no word about when that will happen, but I'm guessing October or November. Just another reason to hate Calgary.

Old
09-10-2013, 05:37 PM
Victorious Secret
Eyebrows Defcon 1

Anyone who has the game thinks its worth the money for the yearly update?

Old
09-10-2013, 05:55 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

didn't buy last year, so bought this today. played one little game vs kings. changed the lines so Coyle (default at 4th line wing) replaced mitchell as 2nd line center between zucker and Heatley. Coyle steamrolled and injured someone and brown of all people jumped him. Barely won the fight (don't know what i'm doing with the new fight engine but it was much more fun). First goal of the game was Pommers from Koivu and Brodin. i haven't read up on the game at all...wth is "live the life"? what does that mean? you can pull a kaner and get wasted at a frat party?

Old
09-10-2013, 06:10 PM
Wild48
Our Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
didn't buy last year, so bought this today. played one little game vs kings. changed the lines so Coyle (default at 4th line wing) replaced mitchell as 2nd line center between zucker and Heatley. Coyle steamrolled and injured someone and brown of all people jumped him. Barely won the fight (don't know what i'm doing with the new fight engine but it was much more fun). First goal of the game was Pommers from Koivu and Brodin. i haven't read up on the game at all...wth is "live the life"? what does that mean? you can pull a kaner and get wasted at a frat party?
Live the life is pretty much that from what i've read. It's similar to the superstar mode in NBA 2k series in terms of depth.

Old
09-10-2013, 06:50 PM
tyratoku

Magic 2013 is actually pretty darn fun. Free game so I don't really care, but I've found myself playing it a bunch. And I started a new Madden franchise. Playing as head coach John Madden. I dumped Ponder almost immediately, drafted a guy 4th overall(already rated higher than Ponder was), and then picked up Kurt Warner in free agency when he came back from retirement. I am currently 5-1(**** you Detroit OT mother****ers), and just demolished Green Bay 62-35. Hell yesssssss.

Oh, and traded in a few games to Gamestop today. Guitar Hero 3 got me $.03. With a $.01 cent promotion addition because I was preordering another game. Oh well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
You create a player or choose another player and play their career. Play only as them in games, do post-game interviews, make contract decisions and stuff like that.

Seems kind of cool, but meh.

Old
09-10-2013, 08:07 PM
Randy BoBandy
Cheeseburger Party

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorious Secret View Post
Anyone who has the game thinks its worth the money for the yearly update?
Yes. Much more fun than the last two years. Hits are bigger, fights are much improved. I love game so far. I can't imagine playing last years game after today. The players aren't all laggy when turning and ****. Last year absolutely sucked compared to the new 14.

Old
09-10-2013, 10:16 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

I'll be picking it up Thursday and give it a good run through this weekend assuming my internet issues here in my dorm are solved. Very interested to see what kind of HUT puck bonus I'll get. Didn't complete any of the collections, but had about 1000 players, played around 300 games, and had a million pucks.

Old
09-11-2013, 08:13 AM
Engebretson
Another GopherClone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Mays Here View Post
I'll be picking it up Thursday and give it a good run through this weekend assuming my internet issues here in my dorm are solved. Very interested to see what kind of HUT puck bonus I'll get. Didn't complete any of the collections, but had about 1000 players, played around 300 games, and had a million pucks.
I had 1400 players, 250 gp, and 150K in pucks and ended up with a 113K bonus. With the bonus caps that they have per category, I'd say that you'd get 120-130K.

Old
09-11-2013, 10:33 AM
Ladde

What I heard 250k was max amount of pucks to get a a bonus from for the next game.

Old
09-11-2013, 12:00 PM
StealthClobber
EUCALYPTUS!!!

It is of my unfortunate duty to say, that the red and green jersey switch was indeed a bug. The final release has the jerseys correctly listed.

Old
09-11-2013, 12:06 PM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Anyone else coming to pick up their copy at midnight from Verkkokauppa.com kiosk in Jätkäsaari?

Old
09-11-2013, 12:51 PM
tyratoku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puhis View Post
Anyone else coming to pick up their copy at midnight from Verkkokauppa.com kiosk in Jätkäsaari?
Ah yes I did indeed. I also picked up the preorder bonus that came with a gnk'asdljnfassaariiinaara, as well as a sneak peak trailer for that new game coming out, voroskausaaarnaalund.

I hope this game turns out better. Last time I got my game from huulascarpkiiliand in guhaaaliskiieviea and the preorder bonus was not nearly as good. I only got a jeeisasouphola.

You know what I mean?

Old
09-11-2013, 02:31 PM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyratoku View Post
Ah yes I did indeed. I also picked up the preorder bonus that came with a gnk'asdljnfassaariiinaara, as well as a sneak peak trailer for that new game coming out, voroskausaaarnaalund.

I hope this game turns out better. Last time I got my game from huulascarpkiiliand in guhaaaliskiieviea and the preorder bonus was not nearly as good. I only got a jeeisasouphola.

You know what I mean?
NHL 14, you silly thing. Verkkokauppa.com is an electronics megastore in Helsinki, our glorious and beautiful capital. Jätkäsaari (Dude Island) is the district where the store is located in.

Old
09-11-2013, 03:47 PM
Sharppi
Nothing to see here

CBA to pick up the game at the midnight release, I have a massage time reserved 13-14, I'll just go pick up my pre-ordered copy from my local gamestop after that on friday.

Old
09-11-2013, 04:51 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Lucky *******.

A part of me hates this guy because he literally buys his team with money. In the first day alone he opened over $40 worth of packs. Then again, I do like seeing all the pack openings he puts out. Wish he would do a lot of them in one video though instead of doing each pack per video.

Old
09-11-2013, 05:07 PM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Picked up NHL 14. I also got an EA Sports beanie because I was among the first 50 in the line.

...And yeah, of course the pre-order content code doesn't work.

Old
09-11-2013, 05:46 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

way too easy to board people. :/ many injuries, many fights.

Closed Thread