HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 - Out of Town Scoreboard - Part 3 - Get outta Smith`s way

Closed Thread

Old
04-02-2013, 09:12 PM
Bleedred
Boedker sucks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fayne Staley View Post
i could not sit and watch those two teams, not after the weekend. kudos to you
I got buddies over that are Lightning fans! They're our local team!

Panthers were up 2-0 in the 3rd then the Lightning tied it quick with 2 fast goals.

Old
04-02-2013, 09:14 PM
Uli Hiemer
Dr. Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperoreddy View Post
Wait what? Just because they looked bad tonight doesn't mean it will happen again tomorrow night against a bad Rags team they own.

Also we can't fall to 9th tomorrow even if the Rags win. The 1st tie breaker is games in hand, and we have one on the Isles. We can by Thursday, but it requires a few things to happen, and it can't if we take care of our own business for once.
i am expecting the pens to dip a little bit. 15 wins in a row. back to back tomorrow. i know they have the rangers number, but crosby and martin are not playing. fleury is always questionable.

i am just preparing myself. i think it's inevitable. and like you said games in hand mean little if the devils don't win them.

Old
04-02-2013, 09:18 PM
CerebralGenesis

I would like to see us win a game, any way so the team can pick whichever way they'd like, before anything else.

Old
04-02-2013, 09:18 PM
Emperoreddy
End is Near

Quote:
i am expecting the pens to dip a little bit. 15 wins in a row. back to back tomorrow. i know they have the rangers number, but crosby and martin are not playing. fleury is always questionable.

i am just preparing myself. i think it's inevitable. and like you said games in hand mean little if the devils don't win them.
I expect a Pens dip too, but it isn't a given against the Rags. You just made it sound like you were preparing yourself for us to fall out tomorrow, which is impossible because we can't. Right now we have to lose ourselves out of the top 8. You can prepare for that considering how bad we are against Boston.

Old
04-02-2013, 09:20 PM
CerebralGenesis

I mean we aren't winning our way in right now. Go pens

Old
04-02-2013, 09:22 PM
Uli Hiemer
Dr. Evil

Quote:
I expect a Pens dip too, but it isn't a given against the Rags. You just made it sound like you were preparing yourself for us to fall out tomorrow, which is impossible because we can't. Right now we have to lose ourselves out of the top 8. You can prepare for that considering how bad we are against Boston.
yea i forgot tie break right now is games in hand, but the isles have more wins than the devils. that's what i was thinking about.

Old
04-02-2013, 09:22 PM
Bleedred
Boedker sucks

Panthers win. No goals scored on Mr Posturepedic Panther. Stamkos tries to go up top, and Markstrom took his glove which is the size of mosts peoples heads and swatted it out of the air.

Old
04-02-2013, 09:27 PM
Emperoreddy
End is Near

Quote:
yea i forgot tie break right now is games in hand, but the isles have more wins than the devils. that's what i was thinking about.
Worry about that when it gets there. With the game in hand if we actually use it we would have more points then them anymore. We can win our way in if they....you know....start winning. Considering it is Boston Thursday though...I'd be happy just to get a point and hope the Pens do us a favor tomorrow and the Caps do us one against the fishsticks Thursday.

I'm like the last positive guy left on here and even I know our chances against Boston are small, though if they can somehow muster something up there it is the type of game we could build off of.

Old
04-02-2013, 09:31 PM
njdevils1982
Hell Toupée!!!

Quote:
Worry about that when it gets there. With the game in hand if we actually use it we would have more points then them anymore. We can win our way in if they....you know....start winning. Considering it is Boston Thursday though...I'd be happy just to get a point and hope the Pens do us a favor tomorrow and the Caps do us one against the fishsticks Thursday.

I'm like the last positive guy left on here and even I know our chances against Boston are small, though if they can somehow muster something up there it is the type of game we could build off of.
not true. im on board for making the playoffs.

Old
04-02-2013, 09:31 PM
Emperoreddy
End is Near

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevils1982 View Post
YES!!! Let's start a club!!! Ahh but do you think we can win a 1st round series? That is the true test for the club.

Also even more off topic, but we have so many Chico avatars now. I know yours has been forever, but Bleed is Chico now too. haha

Old
04-02-2013, 09:35 PM
Bleedred
Boedker sucks

Quote:
YES!!! Let's start a club!!! Ahh but do you think we can win a 1st round series? That is the true test for the club.

Also even more off topic, but we have so many Chico avatars now. I know yours has been forever, but Bleed is Chico now too. haha
I was embarrassed of having Gio after all the Gio hate around here lately!

Honestly though I was debating between Steve or Chico as my avatar. I wanted to have a funny and random avatar and Chico's MSG profile picture seemed just that. I considered Steve since his picture is even goofier looking. Chico was my first favorite player though when I was younger!

And I'll be in your club if we can kidnap Clarkson's ghost and jump start his heart back to life!

Old
04-02-2013, 09:59 PM
Emperoreddy
End is Near

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
I was embarrassed of having Gio after all the Gio hate around here lately!

Honestly though I was debating between Steve or Chico as my avatar. I wanted to have a funny and random avatar and Chico's MSG profile picture seemed just that. I considered Steve since his picture is even goofier looking. Chico was my first favorite player though when I was younger!

And I'll be in your club if we can kidnap Clarkson's ghost and jump start his heart back to life!
I am ALL FOR that, Someone needs to bring Clarkson back to life.

I think Traitor Zach has had the most Gio hate. Most of the boards ire is directed at Clarkson right now.

I didn't realize how close the Caps were to taking the SE. Only two points out now. They may just take that joke of a division. Jets are sinking, the Canes have imploded. Caps to take now. Really hope Pitt does us a favor tomorrow. Want to take as much pressure of that Boston game as possible.

Old
04-02-2013, 10:01 PM
njdevils1982
Hell Toupée!!!

Quote:

i think the one i had before was a "bert and ernie" as doc and chico (with mics, a chico moustache and hotdog in hand. it was lost due to my old computer dying)

chico made me a devils fan originally in the mid 80's as a kid.

Old
04-02-2013, 10:03 PM
Bleedred
Boedker sucks

Quote:
I am ALL FOR that, Someone needs to bring Clarkson back to life.

I think Traitor Zach has had the most Gio hate. Most of the boards ire is directed at Clarkson right now.

I didn't realize how close the Caps were to taking the SE. Only two points out now. They may just take that joke of a division. Jets are sinking, the Canes have imploded. Caps to take now. Really hope Pitt does us a favor tomorrow. Want to take as much pressure of that Boston game as possible.
A couple people wanted Gio waived. He's not that talented, but he's bring the effort like Bernier and Carter who are also not the most talented. Bernier has a bit more since he was a top 15 or 16 pick in a really deep draft.

I think the Jets are done. I looked at the schedule and saw they've played 38 games too. The Caps have played 36 and are just two points ahead. That Jets team just isn't good enough for the playoffs the former Thrashers do not impress me in the slightest. And remember it was the Caps who absolutely crushed them two straight games in their own barn up in the Peg.

Old
04-02-2013, 10:11 PM
Uli Hiemer
Dr. Evil

Quote:

you should sign up to make a GDT. your positive vibes may help

Old
04-02-2013, 10:14 PM
Emperoreddy
End is Near

Quote:
you should sign up to make a GDT. your positive vibes may help
If I can think of a good idea I'll give it a shot. Hard to live up to I think it was Zachey Poo's from the other night or the epic Slammer ones.

I agree Bleed. Jets are seriously looking dead in the water, but the Caps can still crap this away so no way to know for sure. Ottawa has now lost two straight. Are they finally coming back to earth?

Old
04-02-2013, 10:16 PM
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevils1982 View Post
Quote:
My unwavering optimism is still here in spirit
I'm usually not a fan of blaming match ups, but like the 09-10 team that was faltering a bit in the stretch run... a bad match (which is really just Boston, maybe even Winnipeg) could definitely make short work of the Devils.

Old
04-02-2013, 10:21 PM
Bleedred
Boedker sucks

Quote:
If I can think of a good idea I'll give it a shot. Hard to live up to I think it was Zachey Poo's from the other night or the epic Slammer ones.

I agree Bleed. Jets are seriously looking dead in the water, but the Caps can still crap this away so no way to know for sure. Ottawa has now lost two straight. Are they finally coming back to earth?
The Jets just look dead. If we had to play them in the playoffs I'm confident we can beat them if we can score. Moose played in all 3 of those games, and I remember him looking particularly bad the first game. The Jets have no business being in the playoffs with how bad they've looked lately for the most part. They're a 9th place team that's in 3rd because they lead a weak division.

Old
04-02-2013, 10:25 PM
Emperoreddy
End is Near

Quote:
The Jets just look dead. If we had to play them in the playoffs I'm confident we can beat them if we can score. Moose played in all 3 of those games, and I remember him looking particularly bad the first game. The Jets have no business being in the playoffs with how bad they've looked lately for the most part. They're a 9th place team that's in 3rd because they lead a weak division.
I was at the first game against them. That was the one where Moose did the suicide poke check to no where and let in a horrific goal as a result. Everything else was soft, but you could say the defense should of helped, but the suicide poke check was brutal.

Old
04-02-2013, 10:27 PM
Bleedred
Boedker sucks

Quote:
I was at the first game against them. That was the one where Moose did the suicide poke check to no where and let in a horrific goal as a result. Everything else was soft, but you could say the defense should of helped, but the suicide poke check was brutal.
The one off his glove was the most brutal. Then he was beat to the glove side again right after the poke check breakaway, but it was borderline. The first gloveside one was real bad. Yeah I turned that game off early after the 4th goal. I was fuming after that one. I bet Nona was too cause he cites those games as when our downfall began. I think that's the only game I turned off early this year.

That was the day Marty got injured in warm ups, and the night after we got the beatdown from the Caps in DC.

Old
04-02-2013, 10:53 PM
Emperoreddy
End is Near

Quote:
The one off his glove was the most brutal. Then he was beat to the glove side again right after the poke check breakaway, but it was borderline. The first gloveside one was real bad. Yeah I turned that game off early after the 4th goal. I was fuming after that one. I bet Nona was too cause he cites those games as when our downfall began. I think that's the only game I turned off early this year.

That was the day Marty got injured in warm ups, and the night after we got the beatdown from the Caps in DC.
Yepp that was the game. Remember being super confused and bummed that Marty got taken out (no idea yet what was in store for us). Recall him being out there for warm ups too before vanishing.

Ya I remember the one off his glove too. Even from where I was sitting I knew that was one he should of had. I remember just being annoyed that whole game, and trying to tell this one drunk to stop trying to sing the "rangers suck" song because we were not only not playing the damn Rags, but we were losing badly too.

Also we need to start winning more games so Manilla can start posting here more again!!!

Old
04-03-2013, 12:05 AM
NJDevs26
No more status quo?!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Yepp that was the game. Remember being super confused and bummed that Marty got taken out (no idea yet what was in store for us). Recall him being out there for warm ups too before vanishing.

Ya I remember the one off his glove too. Even from where I was sitting I knew that was one he should of had. I remember just being annoyed that whole game, and trying to tell this one drunk to stop trying to sing the "rangers suck" song because we were not only not playing the damn Rags, but we were losing badly too.

Also we need to start winning more games so Manilla can start posting here more again!!!
nona brings up the two Jets games as a flashpoint of the season, but really it's only the second one for me. The first one was a third game in four nights, and the team was shell-shocked at Marty having left during warmups. But to no-show in the second one in Winnipeg, after losing four of five and with a few days off was really alarming.

Old
04-03-2013, 12:11 AM
NBC Hockey

Quote:
I'm probably more positive than I should be, but I can't help it. Still so much time for things to change, even though the season is winding down.

Old
04-03-2013, 12:13 AM
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering

Quote:
No self-imposed time out for me. I honestly haven't had much time over the past week to do anything but try and follow along on twitter.

Which is pissing me off because Center Ice is free this week and I can't even take advantage.

Old
04-03-2013, 01:14 AM
Emperoreddy
End is Near

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
nona brings up the two Jets games as a flashpoint of the season, but really it's only the second one for me. The first one was a third game in four nights, and the team was shell-shocked at Marty having left during warmups. But to no-show in the second one in Winnipeg, after losing four of five and with a few days off was really alarming.
The fact that the come back against the Flyers didn't spark anything was alarming. I think it's fair to look right there. Things just started compounding fast. We were really short on forwards (Loki hasn't come up yet I believe and carter might of been out I think that week) Marty just went down. Clarkson and Henrique were entering slumps. Zajac was lost on the ice. PK struggles and that was when Pete turned the merry go round on. Fayne's first trip to the press box was then and the D still hasn't looked right since

Closed Thread