HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

Nabokov is so overrated...

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-24-2013, 09:35 PM
  #76
seafoam
#Sharks2014
 
seafoam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Rhode Island
Country: United States
Posts: 31,348
vCash: 2049
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsMetsIsles View Post
He's playing the exact same as he did early in the season when our best defenseman was healthy in Strait. Our D is better this season than its been in the last 5. He's inconsistent because he's inconsistent.
You totally ignored the fact that he is 37 and is playing two to three games a week.

You think Roloson was better? Did Nabby sleep with your wife of something!?

seafoam is offline  
Old
03-24-2013, 09:44 PM
  #77
NYI JT91
(Islesallday)
 
NYI JT91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Mastic, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,675
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doshell Propivo View Post


And they'd be dead last in the league...
This

Quote:
Originally Posted by seafoam View Post
Nabby is inconsistent because he is an aging goalie being overplayed in a condesned season. Also playing in front of a bottom ten defense in the league doesn't help.
This

Quote:
Originally Posted by duster19 View Post
How is he 4 games over 500? When you lose in OT, it is still a loss. You dont get to just ignore it....

Nabby played well tonight and we won. Amazing how that works...
Ask the NHL how he is 4 games over .500 I dont make up the rules...all that matters is that he is, is that really your argument with me ? lol If so seems your reaching a bit my friend. Yes teams usually win when their goalies play well lol I dont see your point ? When goalies play bad the players and goalie lose, when the team plays bad the goalie and players usually lose as well. Point is Nabby has kept us in WAY more games then the Islanders have kept him in./

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsMetsIsles View Post
Lol top 20 goalie. Top 20 out of 30 is nothing to write home about. Its dare I say AVERAGE. The word I've been using. 30 teams and half of them have a goalie I'd take over Nabby or is basically on par with him. He's not bad he's just not as good as people here make him out to be.
I dont get your laughter at the beginning...37 year old on a usually horrific team in a condensed season playing just about every game..to me thats something "to write home about" as you say. the fact thats we are even remotely close at a playoff spot nevertheless 2 points!. Nabby and JT are the MVPs of this team. everyone thinks so including just about everyone on the NYIs broadcast but I guess the handful of people on here who think otherwise are a better judge then ex NHLers and people who have been watching hockey since before some people on here were even in diapers. The team plays horrid for a few games against ELITE teams and nabby has A bad game (which considering his surroundings its a suprise it has not been more often) so people pick someone to take the fall and bam instantly a Nabokov is overrated thread HA And that to me is the funny part. Not Hamonic or the 1st line dissapearing or Poulin having a horrid game or grabner who is not playing well or reasoner who cant hit the side of a barn or Martin who was suppose to have a breakout year is invincible most times but Nabby lol really ? Okay.... I love this board but when we play bad the sky falls and we point at someone, anyone and its so annoying.

Also I dont care how good someothers make him out to be lol HEs as good as I make him out to be so maybe your just taking what I say wrong. He is not elite or an all star or amazing he is a good goalie who at times is Very good not average and certainly not anything less.


Last edited by NYI JT91: 03-24-2013 at 10:08 PM.
NYI JT91 is offline  
Old
03-24-2013, 09:59 PM
  #78
PhysicalGraffiti
Hates Stevie Y
 
PhysicalGraffiti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,948
vCash: 500
http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...2671016?qr=1#1

Take a look at who we've had.

I don't think Nabby is the best in the NHL, but I think he's been pretty darn good.

PhysicalGraffiti is offline  
Old
03-24-2013, 10:02 PM
  #79
NYI JT91
(Islesallday)
 
NYI JT91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Mastic, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,675
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by seafoam View Post
You totally ignored the fact that he is 37 and is playing two to three games a week.

You think Roloson was better? Did Nabby sleep with your wife of something!?
This. No doubt Roloson was awesome but Nabby isnt doing to shabby either. If you give me Rolson and nabby from 2 years ago or even today. Game 7 SCF...My call, Nabokov starts. That being said there was a time where Roloson was an absolute beast...Shame that once he want to Tampa he kind of lost his game.


Last edited by NYI JT91: 03-24-2013 at 10:12 PM.
NYI JT91 is offline  
Old
03-24-2013, 10:24 PM
  #80
JetsMetsIsles
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,295
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by seafoam View Post
You totally ignored the fact that he is 37 and is playing two to three games a week.

You think Roloson was better? Did Nabby sleep with your wife of something!?
Roloson had a better save % and better GA by a fair amount with a worse defense and worse forwards.

What does his age have to do with anything. You don't get bonus points for being older. You judge players based on their production and thats it. He shouldn't be playing this many games but he's playing at the same level he was earlier in the season.

Our pathetic fan base loves to defend mediocrity. Nabakov isn't bad. He just isn't all that good at this point in his career.

JetsMetsIsles is offline  
Old
03-24-2013, 10:27 PM
  #81
JetsMetsIsles
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,295
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYI JT91 View Post
This



This



Ask the NHL how he is 4 games over .500 I dont make up the rules...all that matters is that he is, is that really your argument with me ? lol If so seems your reaching a bit my friend. Yes teams usually win when their goalies play well lol I dont see your point ? When goalies play bad the players and goalie lose, when the team plays bad the goalie and players usually lose as well. Point is Nabby has kept us in WAY more games then the Islanders have kept him in./



I dont get your laughter at the beginning...37 year old on a usually horrific team in a condensed season playing just about every game..to me thats something "to write home about" as you say. the fact thats we are even remotely close at a playoff spot nevertheless 2 points!. Nabby and JT are the MVPs of this team. everyone thinks so including just about everyone on the NYIs broadcast but I guess the handful of people on here who think otherwise are a better judge then ex NHLers and people who have been watching hockey since before some people on here were even in diapers. The team plays horrid for a few games against ELITE teams and nabby has A bad game (which considering his surroundings its a suprise it has not been more often) so people pick someone to take the fall and bam instantly a Nabokov is overrated thread HA And that to me is the funny part. Not Hamonic or the 1st line dissapearing or Poulin having a horrid game or grabner who is not playing well or reasoner who cant hit the side of a barn or Martin who was suppose to have a breakout year is invincible most times but Nabby lol really ? Okay.... I love this board but when we play bad the sky falls and we point at someone, anyone and its so annoying.

Also I dont care how good someothers make him out to be lol HEs as good as I make him out to be so maybe your just taking what I say wrong. He is not elite or an all star or amazing he is a good goalie who at times is Very good not average and certainly not anything less.
His save % is less than .900 On a lot of teams that will lose you your job we just have awful replacements for him. He's average. He has his good games and just as many awful games. most of the time he's just mediocre. Gives up goals but will keep you in the game. He's a smart veteran and is good for this team but if we ever plan on being a playoff team year after year then we need to bring in a goalie better than Nabokov.

JetsMetsIsles is offline  
Old
03-24-2013, 10:37 PM
  #82
MattMartin
KillerInstinct™
 
MattMartin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 4,814
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to MattMartin
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsMetsIsles View Post
His save % is less than .900 On a lot of teams that will lose you your job we just have awful replacements for him. He's average. He has his good games and just as many awful games. most of the time he's just mediocre. Gives up goals but will keep you in the game. He's a smart veteran and is good for this team but if we ever plan on being a playoff team year after year then we need to bring in a goalie better than Nabokov.
Over .900 now = ) ..so that makes him better but at .899 he was overrated

__________________
Go Dye Your Hair
MattMartin is offline  
Old
03-24-2013, 10:41 PM
  #83
iLandHer
Registered User
 
iLandHer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,210
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlTimeHockey View Post
And having played and coached for three decades nearly, I can say the teams and goalies you cite don't have a defense as abysmal as NYI's. We score....and we SUCK at defensive coverage.

You listed Florida. They play a defensive game with better passing. They hit. Jovo is out 3/4 of the year and they are thin but they have more talent. They are not scoring. They just are not that good. Their starters Theodore and Clemmenson are not faring very well, but Nabby has better stats with less on defense why?

Because he's better? Watch them in front of their goalie. Watch them and every other team protect their crease. Subtle facets of the game. I predict they will be hungry and have much better outlets, ESPECIALLY IN THE THIRD WHEN WE COLLAPSE LIKE ALL YEAR.
You're just being silly now.

Florida has let up the most goals out of any team in the NHL and you're going to sit here and tell me how much better they are defensively?

I'm not interested in going tit for tat on experience, because we'll both just minimize each others experience. My point was that I played the position my whole life, I know what I'm watching from goalies.

And your prediction was wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ MAC View Post
Uh oh, another shut out for the average goalie.
Two shutouts, AMAZING! 26 shots, he really stole this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsMetsIsles View Post
Lol top 20 goalie. Top 20 out of 30 is nothing to write home about. Its dare I say AVERAGE. The word I've been using. 30 teams and half of them have a goalie I'd take over Nabby or is basically on par with him. He's not bad he's just not as good as people here make him out to be.
It's funny how when you say he's overrated and you'd take 15-20 goalies over him that you're ridiculed, but when you say that he's a top 20 goalie in a positive way that's not the same thing at all somehow.

He's good, just not that good, I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYI JT91 View Post
I dont get your laughter at the beginning...37 year old on a usually horrific team in a condensed season playing just about every game..to me thats something "to write home about" as you say. the fact thats we are even remotely close at a playoff spot nevertheless 2 points!. Nabby and JT are the MVPs of this team. everyone thinks so including just about everyone on the NYIs broadcast but I guess the handful of people on here who think otherwise are a better judge then ex NHLers and people who have been watching hockey since before some people on here were even in diapers. The team plays horrid for a few games against ELITE teams and nabby has A bad game (which considering his surroundings its a suprise it has not been more often) so people pick someone to take the fall and bam instantly a Nabokov is overrated thread HA And that to me is the funny part. Not Hamonic or the 1st line dissapearing or Poulin having a horrid game or grabner who is not playing well or reasoner who cant hit the side of a barn or Martin who was suppose to have a breakout year is invincible most times but Nabby lol really ? Okay.... I love this board but when we play bad the sky falls and we point at someone, anyone and its so annoying.
You do realize that broadcasters are paid to hype up players, right?

We're not saying he's awful...he's just not really good. I've been posting about this for a while and made the same argument. You actually just agreed by saying he's a top 20, that's the bottom middle of the NHL goalies.

Also, as a side note, just because you've played in the NHL or watched it for a certain period of time doesn't mean you have a great hockey IQ. I find a lot of these 'experts' to be laughable at times, so be wary of buying into what they are selling sometimes.

iLandHer is offline  
Old
03-24-2013, 10:51 PM
  #84
JetsMetsIsles
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,295
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriCycleDriveBy View Post
You're just being silly now.

Florida has let up the most goals out of any team in the NHL and you're going to sit here and tell me how much better they are defensively?

I'm not interested in going tit for tat on experience, because we'll both just minimize each others experience. My point was that I played the position my whole life, I know what I'm watching from goalies.

And your prediction was wrong.



Two shutouts, AMAZING! 26 shots, he really stole this one.



It's funny how when you say he's overrated and you'd take 15-20 goalies over him that you're ridiculed, but when you say that he's a top 20 goalie in a positive way that's not the same thing at all somehow.

He's good, just not that good, I agree.



You do realize that broadcasters are paid to hype up players, right?

We're not saying he's awful...he's just not really good. I've been posting about this for a while and made the same argument. You actually just agreed by saying he's a top 20, that's the bottom middle of the NHL goalies.

Also, as a side note, just because you've played in the NHL or watched it for a certain period of time doesn't mean you have a great hockey IQ. I find a lot of these 'experts' to be laughable at times, so be wary of buying into what they are selling sometimes.
I agree with everything. Especially the bolded. Its hilarious how when Butch says Nabokov is good everyone takes his word for it but ridicule every other thing he says. Nabby has been good for this team and is a great stop gap goalie until we get a prospect ready to take over. Lets just not make him out to be a star or anything.

JetsMetsIsles is offline  
Old
03-24-2013, 10:55 PM
  #85
seafoam
#Sharks2014
 
seafoam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Rhode Island
Country: United States
Posts: 31,348
vCash: 2049
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsMetsIsles View Post
His save % is less than .900 On a lot of teams that will lose you your job we just have awful replacements for him. He's average. He has his good games and just as many awful games. most of the time he's just mediocre. Gives up goals but will keep you in the game. He's a smart veteran and is good for this team but if we ever plan on being a playoff team year after year then we need to bring in a goalie better than Nabokov.
I don't need stats to defend my opinion, just by watching Nabby you can clearly tell he's been better than Roloson. Nabby outright makes some filthy saves that have singlehandedly kept the Isles in a playoff race. Roloson never took this team to the level Nabby has.

I'm not settling for mediocracy but what realistic options are out there? There is no way Garth is paying up the *** for Bernier.

seafoam is offline  
Old
03-24-2013, 10:58 PM
  #86
Hipietro
Registered User
 
Hipietro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 4,404
vCash: 500
Nabokov deserves as much credit as JT for this team still being in playoff race. 37 years old playing way too much in a shortened season. He's been very good.

Like I said in the Moulson thread, can you people please find someone else to complain about?

Jesus Christ, make a ****ing Marty Reasoner sucks thread. He actually sucks.

Hipietro is offline  
Old
03-24-2013, 10:59 PM
  #87
MattMartin
KillerInstinct™
 
MattMartin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 4,814
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to MattMartin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipietro View Post
Nabokov deserves as much credit as JT for this team still being in playoff race. 37 years old playing way too much in a shortened season. He's been very good.

Like I said in the Moulson thread, can you people please find someone else to complain about?

Jesus Christ, make a ****ing Marty Reasoner sucks thread. He actually sucks.
What he said.

MattMartin is offline  
Old
03-24-2013, 11:06 PM
  #88
NYI JT91
(Islesallday)
 
NYI JT91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Mastic, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,675
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriCycleDriveBy View Post
You're just being silly now.

Florida has let up the most goals out of any team in the NHL and you're going to sit here and tell me how much better they are defensively?

I'm not interested in going tit for tat on experience, because we'll both just minimize each others experience. My point was that I played the position my whole life, I know what I'm watching from goalies.

And your prediction was wrong.



Two shutouts, AMAZING! 26 shots, he really stole this one.



It's funny how when you say he's overrated and you'd take 15-20 goalies over him that you're ridiculed, but when you say that he's a top 20 goalie in a positive way that's not the same thing at all somehow.

He's good, just not that good, I agree.



You do realize that broadcasters are paid to hype up players, right?

We're not saying he's awful...he's just not really good. I've been posting about this for a while and made the same argument. You actually just agreed by saying he's a top 20, that's the bottom middle of the NHL goalies.

Also, as a side note, just because you've played in the NHL or watched it for a certain period of time doesn't mean you have a great hockey IQ. I find a lot of these 'experts' to be laughable at times, so be wary of buying into what they are selling sometimes.
I am not buying into anything that is my opinion lol the player of the game poll shows Nabokov 2nd to only JT...so that's a lot of people's opinion as well. Also yes top 20 as in every goalie in the league not just starters.. Teams are using 2 goalie tandems a lot. It's no longer 90% of the starts go to top goalie on the team and some teams have 2 #1 goalies ie Vancouver, Anaheim, Ottawa, Chicago etc the 20th goalie in the leagues sv% is .916 that's pretty good and what nabby would have if on a better team. He is tied for 3rd in the league in SOs only 3 goalies have more shutouts then him, and only 3 goalies have faced more shots then him ! Facing that many shots on a garbage team in a condensed season at 37 playing just about every game. Not to mention we are horrific at clearing the zone most nights and put way more on his plate then needed. Guy sounds average to me

Oh and let us not forget all the deflection goals and screen goals that occur because we can't clear the dam crease or how many goals we've scored on nabby ourselves. The NY Islanders in so many ways are the reason his stats suck. Ie Cappy letting the flyers have fun with him in the 7-0 loss because no one on the roster decided to show up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipietro View Post
Nabokov deserves as much credit as JT for this team still being in playoff race. 37 years old playing way too much in a shortened season. He's been very good.

Like I said in the Moulson thread, can you people please find someone else to complain about?

Jesus Christ, make a ****ing Marty Reasoner sucks thread. He actually sucks.
Thank you. You hit the nail on the head as have many others on here. Just a few that think he sucks or is "okay" lol


Last edited by NYI JT91: 03-24-2013 at 11:19 PM.
NYI JT91 is offline  
Old
03-24-2013, 11:30 PM
  #89
JetsMetsIsles
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,295
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by seafoam View Post
I don't need stats to defend my opinion, just by watching Nabby you can clearly tell he's been better than Roloson. Nabby outright makes some filthy saves that have singlehandedly kept the Isles in a playoff race. Roloson never took this team to the level Nabby has.

I'm not settling for mediocracy but what realistic options are out there? There is no way Garth is paying up the *** for Bernier.
Thats the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Oh Roloson stats were better but he's not the better goalie because Nabokov happens to play on a better team? In what world does that make sense. Our Defense is better. Our offense is better. Guess that must be Nabby too. I guess Trent Dilfer is a better QB than Dan Marino because Dilfer won a superbowl.

JetsMetsIsles is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 12:09 AM
  #90
MattMartin
KillerInstinct™
 
MattMartin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 4,814
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to MattMartin
I think a better comparison for him and stats would be with Goalies closer to him in terms of GS,Shots against, wins and losses


Here are the top 12 Goalies for starts and their stats:
Goalie..................GS...W.....L...Shots Against
Ondrej Pavelec......29....14...14...817
Ilya Bryzgalov.......29....13...13...762
Pekka Rinne..........29....12...10...729
Jimmy Howard.......27....14....8....762
Evgeni Nabokov.....27....14...10...777
Henrik Lundqvist....27....13...12...748
Ryan Miller...........26.....11...13...887
Antti Niemi...........26.....12....8....744
Mike Smith...........26.....11...10...696
Carey Price..........25.....16....5....666
Semyon Varlamov..25......9...14...791
Devan Dubnyk.......25......8....9....758

Out of the top 12 Goalies for starts he is:
tied for 2nd in starts with 27
tied for 2nd in wins with 14
tied for 4th in losses with 10
He has seen the 4th most shots against with 777
He is the oldest of the 12 Goalies at age 37 the next closest are Miller and Bryzgalov at age 32

So for all you stat lovers who want to show his GAA ans SV% numbers chew on that for a bit. At the end of the day no matter the stats it's about wins which he is 2nd place and he is again 5 years older then any Goalie on the list.

Also someone said " you must count the OT losses as well" and going by that he would be at 14-13 only Price would be ahead of him at 16-9 and Howard would also be 14-13 no other Goalie is at or above the 500 mark in this list.


Last edited by MattMartin: 03-25-2013 at 12:39 AM.
MattMartin is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 06:37 AM
  #91
duster19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,259
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYI JT91 View Post
This



This



Ask the NHL how he is 4 games over .500 I dont make up the rules...all that matters is that he is, is that really your argument with me ? lol If so seems your reaching a bit my friend. Yes teams usually win when their goalies play well lol I dont see your point ? When goalies play bad the players and goalie lose, when the team plays bad the goalie and players usually lose as well. Point is Nabby has kept us in WAY more games then the Islanders have kept him in./


I dont get your laughter at the beginning...37 year old on a usually horrific team in a condensed season playing just about every game..to me thats something "to write home about" as you say. the fact thats we are even remotely close at a playoff spot nevertheless 2 points!. Nabby and JT are the MVPs of this team. everyone thinks so including just about everyone on the NYIs broadcast but I guess the handful of people on here who think otherwise are a better judge then ex NHLers and people who have been watching hockey since before some people on here were even in diapers. The team plays horrid for a few games against ELITE teams and nabby has A bad game (which considering his surroundings its a suprise it has not been more often) so people pick someone to take the fall and bam instantly a Nabokov is overrated thread HA And that to me is the funny part. Not Hamonic or the 1st line dissapearing or Poulin having a horrid game or grabner who is not playing well or reasoner who cant hit the side of a barn or Martin who was suppose to have a breakout year is invincible most times but Nabby lol really ? Okay.... I love this board but when we play bad the sky falls and we point at someone, anyone and its so annoying.

Also I dont care how good someothers make him out to be lol HEs as good as I make him out to be so maybe your just taking what I say wrong. He is not elite or an all star or amazing he is a good goalie who at times is Very good not average and certainly not anything less.
Ask the NHL? he is 14-10-3. That gives him 13 loses. He is 1 game above 500 when it comes to wins. My point is losing in OT is still losing. If you want to talk about points that he has won, that is different. From a win/loss record, he is 1 game above 500. If this was the playoffs and he was 1-1-2, he wouldnt be 500 and a series tied, we would be facing elimination.

duster19 is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 06:45 AM
  #92
duster19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,259
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYI JT91 View Post
I am not buying into anything that is my opinion lol the player of the game poll shows Nabokov 2nd to only JT...so that's a lot of people's opinion as well. Also yes top 20 as in every goalie in the league not just starters.. Teams are using 2 goalie tandems a lot. It's no longer 90% of the starts go to top goalie on the team and some teams have 2 #1 goalies ie Vancouver, Anaheim, Ottawa, Chicago etc the 20th goalie in the leagues sv% is .916 that's pretty good and what nabby would have if on a better team. He is tied for 3rd in the league in SOs only 3 goalies have more shutouts then him, and only 3 goalies have faced more shots then him ! Facing that many shots on a garbage team in a condensed season at 37 playing just about every game. Not to mention we are horrific at clearing the zone most nights and put way more on his plate then needed. Guy sounds average to me

Oh and let us not forget all the deflection goals and screen goals that occur because we can't clear the dam crease or how many goals we've scored on nabby ourselves. The NY Islanders in so many ways are the reason his stats suck. Ie Cappy letting the flyers have fun with him in the 7-0 loss because no one on the roster decided to show up.


Thank you. You hit the nail on the head as have many others on here. Just a few that think he sucks or is "okay" lol

How about the brutal goals he lets in that have nothing to do with defence or forwards? Wrist shots, snap shots from the blue line, high slot. Pucks he can see. He has been OK, but in order for this team to take the next step, they need a good goalie, not an OK one. Has he played well in games? Yes! Absolutely. Unfortunately, he seems to put together 50 min, and cant find the other 10 min. Most good NHL goalies make timely saves. That is nothing to write home about. It is the bad ones that are killers and Nabby has let in his fair share this year.

duster19 is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 06:58 AM
  #93
Bexlyspeed
Registered User
 
Bexlyspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Astoria, Queens, N.Y
Country: United States
Posts: 984
vCash: 500
I would love to see where this team would be in the standings without Nabokov!
the guy never gets a rest, he has a patchwork D, in which most of was put together on the eve of the season via the waiver wire.
and for every "Soft goal" he has let in, 5 more have gone past him due to his teamates stading around watching the puck pinball around the crease, or in Hamonic's case, knocking the puck in with various parts of his body.

gimme a a break

Bexlyspeed is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 07:23 AM
  #94
duster19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,259
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bexlyspeed View Post
I would love to see where this team would be in the standings without Nabokov!
the guy never gets a rest, he has a patchwork D, in which most of was put together on the eve of the season via the waiver wire.
and for every "Soft goal" he has let in, 5 more have gone past him due to his teamates stading around watching the puck pinball around the crease, or in Hamonic's case, knocking the puck in with various parts of his body.

gimme a a break
Depends on who you replace him with? Poulin? We are probably fighting with Florida. Brodeur? Probably in the playoffs.

Bishop, Bernier, etc probably right around where they are.

The Islanders are pretty well dead last in Goals against this year. Yes, our DEF is bad and our forwards dont back check enough. However, it is foolish not to think our goalie is not directly correlated to that stat.

Nabby is a quality goalie, but he hasnt been great this year. He needs help. Hopefully they address it at the deadline or in the offseason. Nabby would be a nice option in a time share.

duster19 is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 07:48 AM
  #95
Dan-o16
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,851
vCash: 500
He's not the answer, and that's the problem.

Cheers,

Dan-o

Dan-o16 is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 09:18 AM
  #96
Hipietro
Registered User
 
Hipietro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 4,404
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-o16 View Post
He's not the answer, and that's the problem.

Cheers,

Dan-o
So what's the answer?

Hipietro is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 09:24 AM
  #97
seafoam
#Sharks2014
 
seafoam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Rhode Island
Country: United States
Posts: 31,348
vCash: 2049
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsMetsIsles View Post
Thats the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Oh Roloson stats were better but he's not the better goalie because Nabokov happens to play on a better team? In what world does that make sense. Our Defense is better. Our offense is better. Guess that must be Nabby too. I guess Trent Dilfer is a better QB than Dan Marino because Dilfer won a superbowl.
Nabby bails out this team on a nightly basis, better team or not, He has been one of the most important players on this team in their playoff run.

seafoam is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 09:31 AM
  #98
Dan-o16
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,851
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipietro View Post
So what's the answer?
Have the GM/Owner get serious about winning, and start addressing issues for now and the future. What else?

Cheers,

Dan-o

Dan-o16 is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 10:26 AM
  #99
steveat
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,656
vCash: 500
We can discuss Nabby till the cows come home, but he and JT are the LEAST of our problems.

Lets concentrate on getting everyone up to Nabbys level before we do anything.

As far as I am concerned, I am only satisfied with a few players on our team..JT, Nielsen, Cizikas, McDonald, Nabby and Martin.

Moulson and Boyes play a one dimensional game and while they have their weaknesses, at least they are consistent with generating points.

Bailey..I don't know about him. I give him one more year. I see the potential, but he needs to produce consistently.

Okposo is just lazy..we don't need a player like him

bah..I am not gonna go through every player...but Nabby is not one we need to waste our time with. What we should be thinking is trying to bring in another goalie to share the crease with like a Kiprusoff or something. That way Nabby isn't overworked..

steveat is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 10:40 AM
  #100
wingnutks
Registered User
 
wingnutks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,210
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveat View Post
We can discuss Nabby till the cows come home, but he and JT are the LEAST of our problems.

Lets concentrate on getting everyone up to Nabbys level before we do anything.

As far as I am concerned, I am only satisfied with a few players on our team..JT, Nielsen, Cizikas, McDonald, Nabby and Martin.

Moulson and Boyes play a one dimensional game and while they have their weaknesses, at least they are consistent with generating points.

Bailey..I don't know about him. I give him one more year. I see the potential, but he needs to produce consistently.

Okposo is just lazy..we don't need a player like him

bah..I am not gonna go through every player...but Nabby is not one we need to waste our time with. What we should be thinking is trying to bring in another goalie to share the crease with like a Kiprusoff or something. That way Nabby isn't overworked..
One of the hardest workers on the team.

wingnutks is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:02 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.