HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Bears/NFL Thread #17 - 2013 Offseason/Draft edition

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-24-2013, 10:41 PM
  #426
Illinihockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 15,876
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
He'll probably be a good pro, I just don't want him and he definitely doesn't fit what emery says he wants

Illinihockey is offline  
Old
04-25-2013, 10:10 AM
  #427
Kurtosis
COYS
 
Kurtosis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Norwood Park
Country: United States
Posts: 16,569
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
That's a reach at 20...if they do truly want him they have to find a way to trade down and get an extra pick.

Kurtosis is offline  
Old
04-25-2013, 10:57 AM
  #428
digdug41982
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 26,474
vCash: 50
Te'o is a good player, but there is not much going on upstairs. I find it hard to believe something isn't going to happen with this guy again. Not to mention, he'll be torn to shreds in this town. Frankly, I don't want to hear it.

digdug41982 is offline  
Old
04-25-2013, 11:24 AM
  #429
ndgt10
Registered User
 
ndgt10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Poland
Country: United States
Posts: 4,105
vCash: 500
Lots of smoke about Te'o.

ndgt10 is offline  
Old
04-25-2013, 11:44 AM
  #430
Illinihockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 15,876
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndgt10 View Post
Lots of smoke about Te'o.
Not really. People mocking Te'o to the Bears does not equate to smoke. Emery came up under Pioli and runs a very tight ship. He's a lot like Bowman in that way. You aren't going to get anything out of Halas Hall. No one saw the Marshall trade coming, no one saw McClellin going to the Bears last year....if you hear a rumor, its probably because the Bears leaked that.

Illinihockey is offline  
Old
04-25-2013, 12:17 PM
  #431
digdug41982
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 26,474
vCash: 50
Agreed, the Te'o thing serves as an excellent decoy for the Bears.

digdug41982 is offline  
Old
04-25-2013, 12:19 PM
  #432
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 114,086
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Not really. People mocking Te'o to the Bears does not equate to smoke. Emery came up under Pioli and runs a very tight ship. He's a lot like Bowman in that way. You aren't going to get anything out of Halas Hall. No one saw the Marshall trade coming, no one saw McClellin going to the Bears last year....if you hear a rumor, its probably because the Bears leaked that.
Ian Rapoport @RapSheet 9m

Quote:
The #Vikings and #Bears love Manti Te'o. If Minnesota wants to grab him, they'll need to jump up over Chicago. That's what they plan to do

Blackhawkswincup is offline  
Old
04-25-2013, 12:21 PM
  #433
digdug41982
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 26,474
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Ian Rapoport @RapSheet 9m

Quote:
The #Vikings and #Bears love Manti Te'o. If Minnesota wants to grab him, they'll need to jump up over Chicago. That's what they plan to do
It may be true but if you are Emery and you want someone else, this is exactly what you want people to think, so we really will not know until the Bears are on the clock.

digdug41982 is offline  
Old
04-25-2013, 12:26 PM
  #434
Illinihockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 15,876
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Ian Rapoport @RapSheet 9m

Quote:
The #Vikings and #Bears love Manti Te'o. If Minnesota wants to grab him, they'll need to jump up over Chicago. That's what they plan to do
Like I said, if things are getting out, its because the Bears want them out.

Illinihockey is offline  
Old
04-25-2013, 12:30 PM
  #435
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 114,086
vCash: 50
Yeah such a tight ship that Bears new HC was outed by Jimmy Johnson ,, And the interest in Saints OL coach + LT was leaking out before the Bears approached either

This Emery ship has no leaks myth is not true

Blackhawkswincup is offline  
Old
04-25-2013, 12:32 PM
  #436
digdug41982
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 26,474
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Yeah such a tight ship that Bears new HC was outed by Jimmy Johnson ,, And the interest in Saints OL coach + LT was leaking out before the Bears approached either

This Emery ship has no leaks myth is not true
Yeah, actually, you are dead on about that. Everything came out, even about the interview where Arians had top assistants coming so Trestman had to match that.

digdug41982 is offline  
Old
04-25-2013, 12:32 PM
  #437
Illinihockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 15,876
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Yeah such a tight ship that Bears new HC was outed by Jimmy Johnson ,, And the interest in Saints OL coach + LT was leaking out before the Bears approached either

This Emery ship has no leaks myth is not true
In the first case you are right. I think that was Trestman that spilled the beans on that one. On the other part though, speculation does not = leaks. Just like this stuff with Te'o is likely speculation and not actual information.

Illinihockey is offline  
Old
04-25-2013, 12:35 PM
  #438
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 114,086
vCash: 50
As far as I am concerned Emery's future is this draft

If he has another disater of a draft the Bears are headed back into late 90's/early 00's

- Cutler will be gone next summer (Followed by Marshall likely)
- Tillman/Peppers/etc are not getting younger
- Very little quality young talent in last few drafts for Bears (OUtside of Jeffrey)

Cant afford to pass over a sure thing (like Chandler Jones) again

Blackhawkswincup is offline  
Old
04-25-2013, 12:38 PM
  #439
Illinihockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 15,876
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
As far as I am concerned Emery's future is this draft

If he has another disater of a draft the Bears are headed back into late 90's/early 00's

- Cutler will be gone next summer (Followed by Marshall likely)
- Tillman/Peppers/etc are not getting younger
- Very little quality young talent in last few drafts for Bears (OUtside of Jeffrey)

Cant afford to pass over a sure thing (like Chandler Jones) again
I liked Chandler Jones but he was not a sure thing. He was actually a huge combine riser with almost no college production (9 sacks in his career). I liked him because of his size and his bloodlines but I wanted Coples over him.

Illinihockey is offline  
Old
04-25-2013, 01:05 PM
  #440
Recoil
Registered User
 
Recoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 2,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
As far as I am concerned Emery's future is this draft

If he has another disaster of a draft the Bears are headed back into late 90's/early 00's

- Cutler will be gone next summer (Followed by Marshall likely)
- Tillman/Peppers/etc are not getting younger
- Very little quality young talent in last few drafts for Bears (OUtside of Jeffrey)

Cant afford to pass over a sure thing (like Chandler Jones) again
Can we stop using the phrase "another" before "disaster of a draft" when talking about Emery? Anyone with any sense knows it takes 3 years to evaluate how a draft class was, and it's been one for Emery.

So if you want to be irrationally negative, then just say "Emery can't afford a disaster of a draft", and we can all agree and move on. But to call last years draft a "disaster" after only one season is beyond irrational, it's just plain stupid.

Recoil is offline  
Old
04-25-2013, 01:06 PM
  #441
Cullksinikers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 'Merica
Country: United States
Posts: 14,733
vCash: 500




This is amazing.

Cullksinikers is offline  
Old
04-25-2013, 01:24 PM
  #442
Recoil
Registered User
 
Recoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 2,750
vCash: 500
LOL! Fantastic!

Recoil is offline  
Old
04-25-2013, 02:10 PM
  #443
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,587
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
If that happened the Bears would be admitting that Shea McClellin was a mistake
If we pick a DE it would have nothing to do with Shea, it would just make it clear that this coming season would be Peppers last for the Bears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
He'll probably be a good pro, I just don't want him and he definitely doesn't fit what emery says he wants
Emery wants guys with a good football IQ, versatility and good work ethic. He wants guys that love to play the game.
Te'o fits what Emery is looking for

Bubba88 is offline  
Old
04-25-2013, 02:12 PM
  #444
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 114,086
vCash: 50
Some reports saying teams are calling Pats about Ryan Mallett (Cleveland especially)

Says alot about this years QB class IMO


Last edited by Blackhawkswincup: 04-25-2013 at 02:19 PM.
Blackhawkswincup is offline  
Old
04-25-2013, 02:17 PM
  #445
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,587
vCash: 500
that's why we could get the guy we like in the 4th or 3rd if we trade down.

Bubba88 is offline  
Old
04-25-2013, 02:19 PM
  #446
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 114,086
vCash: 50
Drafting a QB is waste of pick that could be better used elsewhere

Blackhawkswincup is offline  
Old
04-25-2013, 02:23 PM
  #447
Illinihockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 15,876
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Drafting a QB is waste of pick that could be better used elsewhere
Agreed. If you aren't using a 1st round pick on a QB you might as well not take one.

Illinihockey is offline  
Old
04-25-2013, 02:32 PM
  #448
digdug41982
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 26,474
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Agreed. If you aren't using a 1st round pick on a QB you might as well not take one.
What about a hybrid QB like Colin Kaepernick. I wouldn't mind the Bears getting one of those. I know it is a luxury but it would be awfully nice to have.

digdug41982 is offline  
Old
04-25-2013, 02:43 PM
  #449
Illinihockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 15,876
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
What about a hybrid QB like Colin Kaepernick. I wouldn't mind the Bears getting one of those. I know it is a luxury but it would be awfully nice to have.
22 of the 30 starting QB's last season were 1st round picks, 4 others were 2nd round picks (and those guys went 33, 35, 36, 36). So 26 of the 32 starting QB's in the league last year went in the top 36 picks. Taking QB's in the late rounds is pretty much a waste of time. (Brady 6th, Romo undrafted, Wilson 3rd, Fitzpatrick 7th, Cassel 7th, Schaub 3rd).

Illinihockey is offline  
Old
04-25-2013, 02:47 PM
  #450
digdug41982
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 26,474
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
22 of the 30 starting QB's last season were 1st round picks, 4 others were 2nd round picks (and those guys went 33, 35, 36, 36). So 26 of the 32 starting QB's in the league last year went in the top 36 picks. Taking QB's in the late rounds is pretty much a waste of time. (Brady 6th, Romo undrafted, Wilson 3rd, Fitzpatrick 7th, Cassel 7th, Schaub 3rd).
I know, I agree. Just saying if there was a guy like that there, I would consider it. And by there, I am talking 2nd round, possibly 3rd. Is there? QB is the one position I have pretty much ignorned.

digdug41982 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:52 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.