HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Lightning - absolutely gutless...

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-21-2013, 05:15 PM
  #1
boltsfanatic
Registered User
 
boltsfanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 47
vCash: 500
Lightning - absolutely gutless...

I've been a Lightning fan since their inception - going to games at the Fairgrounds, that monstrosity known as the Thunder Dome, and have loved every minute of it. I'm am at my wits end watching this bunch of gutless, spineless, uncaring ****s. Teams continue to take runs at their guys and there's nothing done about it. Marty has been abused all year long, and Cory Conacher gets it even worse. AND NO ONE DOES A ****ING THING ABOUT IT!!!! Take for instance last night - Victor Hedman gets elbowed in the head, and everyone just stands around and watches. This has been going on for years now and it drives me ****ING CRAZY!!! What the hell is the matter with this bunch? Is it a reflection of their coach? I mean come on. This type of **** doesn't happen to Boston, or Philly, or most teams for that matter. It's getting regoddamneddiculous....

boltsfanatic is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 05:15 PM
  #2
X0X0A0
Sons of Pirates
 
X0X0A0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: St.Pete, Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 29,068
vCash: 50
Yeah we suck.

X0X0A0 is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 05:16 PM
  #3
Follower of Yzlam
#FreeDrouin
 
Follower of Yzlam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 13,890
vCash: 134
Truth.

Follower of Yzlam is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 05:17 PM
  #4
Linden
[hello] :)
 
Linden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Granduland
Country: United States
Posts: 48,063
vCash: 50
This was the opinion of Canucks fans for quite a while when we lacked toughness, it's incredibly infuriating to see nobody stick up for your top players and for other teams to be able to push you around.

Linden is online now  
Old
03-21-2013, 05:17 PM
  #5
zeykshade
Registered User
 
zeykshade's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Tannhauser Gate
Posts: 6,109
vCash: 500
This doesn't happen in Syracuse at all. It's not tolerated. Something from the coach has to be causing it. Particularly since there are so many AHLrs up with the team now.

zeykshade is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 05:18 PM
  #6
Bad Will Hunting
It's my fault
 
Bad Will Hunting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Southie
Posts: 25,293
vCash: 69
Jordan Nolan for Stamkos! Straight up

Bad Will Hunting is online now  
Old
03-21-2013, 05:18 PM
  #7
boltsfanatic
Registered User
 
boltsfanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 47
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
This was the opinion of Canucks fans for quite a while when we lacked toughness, it's incredibly infuriating to see nobody stick up for your top players and for other teams to be able to push you around.
They need to bring Andre Roy back and get Dinger out of the booth. This **** didn't happen when they were on the team.

boltsfanatic is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 05:19 PM
  #8
TieClark
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 4,115
vCash: 500
Hedman wasn't elbowed in the head

TieClark is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 05:19 PM
  #9
bobbyflex
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,464
vCash: 500
true story: Lupul never elbowed Hedman

bobbyflex is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 05:20 PM
  #10
No Team Needed
Registered User
 
No Team Needed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: essex
Posts: 3,721
vCash: 500
Sustr is coming soon...

No Team Needed is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 05:20 PM
  #11
ZARTONK
Headscratcher!
 
ZARTONK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Armenia
Posts: 9,192
vCash: 500
I feel like this belongs on the Lightning board..

ZARTONK is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 05:21 PM
  #12
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,889
vCash: 500
http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...nge-is-coming/

Well apparently they're going to after Rinaldo next game these two teams play each other. Not that I necessarily blame them for trying get after him. Going through the media is pretty dumb though.

LegionOfDoom91 is online now  
Old
03-21-2013, 05:21 PM
  #13
boltsfanatic
Registered User
 
boltsfanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 47
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyflex View Post
true story: Lupul never elbowed Hedman
Whatever - elbow, shoulder, whatever the **** it was. Semantics folks... it's all the same ****.

boltsfanatic is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 05:22 PM
  #14
bobbyflex
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,464
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltsfanatic View Post
Whatever - elbow, shoulder, whatever the **** it was. Semantics folks... it's all the same ****.
not really..

bobbyflex is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 05:23 PM
  #15
No Team Needed
Registered User
 
No Team Needed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: essex
Posts: 3,721
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyflex View Post
not really..
It was an illegal hit to the head.

No Team Needed is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 05:23 PM
  #16
Analyzer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 44,342
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...nge-is-coming/

Well apparently they're going to after Rinaldo next game these two teams play each other. Not that I necessarily blame them for trying get after him. Going through the media is pretty dumb though.
Sounds like a game I need to watch.

It's very frustrating to watch your team be pansies.

Analyzer is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 05:24 PM
  #17
MountainHawk
Registered User
 
MountainHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Salem, MA
Country: Vanuatu
Posts: 12,771
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...nge-is-coming/

Well apparently they're going to after Rinaldo next game these two teams play each other. Not that I necessarily blame them for trying get after him. Going through the media is pretty dumb though.
It doesn't matter what you say. Chara said Pacioretty would get what was coming to him then went out the next game and broke his neck and didn't even get a call.

MountainHawk is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 05:25 PM
  #18
boltsfanatic
Registered User
 
boltsfanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 47
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyflex View Post
not really..
You're missing the point. Regardless of what body part Lupul used to hit Hedman in the head - nothing was done about it. I'm not upset with Lupul - hits like that have been a part of hockey forever. I'm upset with the Lightning for standing around and doing nothing.

boltsfanatic is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 05:27 PM
  #19
leaflover
New hope
 
leaflover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: beautiful B.C
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,954
vCash: 1513
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltsfanatic View Post
I've been a Lightning fan since their inception - going to games at the Fairgrounds, that monstrosity known as the Thunder Dome, and have loved every minute of it. I'm am at my wits end watching this bunch of gutless, spineless, uncaring ****s. Teams continue to take runs at their guys and there's nothing done about it. Marty has been abused all year long, and Cory Conacher gets it even worse. AND NO ONE DOES A ****ING THING ABOUT IT!!!! Take for instance last night - Victor Hedman gets elbowed in the head, and everyone just stands around and watches. This has been going on for years now and it drives me ****ING CRAZY!!! What the hell is the matter with this bunch? Is it a reflection of their coach? I mean come on. This type of **** doesn't happen to Boston, or Philly, or most teams for that matter. It's getting regoddamneddiculous....
I feel your pain.
Happened to the Leafs not too long ago as well. Things have changed now though and as a big fan of hardnosed hockey it feels good. It will change for Tampa too, just try and get through it until then.

leaflover is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 05:27 PM
  #20
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,889
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainHawk View Post
It doesn't matter what you say. Chara said Pacioretty would get what was coming to him then went out the next game and broke his neck and didn't even get a call.
Chara = star player
Crombeen/Labrie = 4th line plugs

If something bad were to happen. I'm sure the NHL would look back at these comments.

LegionOfDoom91 is online now  
Old
03-21-2013, 05:28 PM
  #21
boltsfanatic
Registered User
 
boltsfanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 47
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leaflover View Post
I feel your pain.
Happened to the Leafs not too long ago as well. Things have changed now though and as a big fan of hardnosed hockey it feels good. It will change for Tampa too, just try and get through it until then.
Don't have a choice. They're my team, but my head's going to explode before too long.

boltsfanatic is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 05:30 PM
  #22
unifiedtheory
Twitter: @ut_pez
 
unifiedtheory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Burnaby, B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,302
vCash: 500
You need to hope your team finds that moment when they are tired of the crap.

The Bruins were roundly bashed (by their own fans especially) for doing nothing about the Matt Cooke hit on Savard. It was an embarrassment. At some point they changed into what they are now.

Every team goes through this kind of thing at some point.

unifiedtheory is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 05:33 PM
  #23
PensBandwagonerNo272
the march
 
PensBandwagonerNo272's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Halifax, NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,712
vCash: 500
You need aggressive big bodies to settle things down.

It doesn't happen to teams you mentioned in Boston and Philly because they have guys like Lucic and Hartnell that will not tolerate it.

PensBandwagonerNo272 is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 05:33 PM
  #24
boltsfanatic
Registered User
 
boltsfanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 47
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by unifiedtheory View Post
You need to hope your team finds that moment when they are tired of the crap.

The Bruins were roundly bashed (by their own fans especially) for doing nothing about the Matt Cooke hit on Savard. It was an embarrassment. At some point they changed into what they are now.

Every team goes through this kind of thing at some point.
I've just never seen an entire NHL hockey team collectively stand around and let teams do whatever they want to their own players. It's infuriating.

boltsfanatic is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 05:35 PM
  #25
GordieHoweHatTrick
Registered User
 
GordieHoweHatTrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 13,829
vCash: 500
Its a culture that needs to be instilled. Maybe Malone and Purcell need to be shipped out

GordieHoweHatTrick is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:08 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.