HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > NCAA, CIS, and other college
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
NCAA, CIS, and other college Discuss college/university news, players, leagues, games, and tournaments.

Who is the favorite for 2006?

Closed Thread

Old
04-10-2005, 08:36 AM
Spectacular_Bid

vCash: 500
Who is the favorite for 2006?

I have to think that Minnesota is the pre-season favorite. Michigan might be there too.

Old
04-10-2005, 09:55 AM
X-SHARKIE

Send a message via AIM to X-SHARKIE
Minnesota is definitely the favorite, with Wheeler, Kessel, Fraaze. I also like North Dakota again. They have a strong recruiting class coming in starting with Brian Lee, Forward Johnathan Toews, Taylor Chorney is another good one to.

Old
04-10-2005, 10:31 AM
JimEIV

BU has had a pretty good recruiting year....I expect Boston U to be a top team next season.

Old
04-10-2005, 11:44 AM
Edler Von Gud

vCash: 181
Send a message via MSN to Edler Von Gud
No love for DU? They have all the ingredients to make a run at a three peat. Skinner and Carle should be back(unless they come out early), and even better than this year, which is a scary thought for WCHA teams. They are set in goal with Mannino. Up front they lose a couple key guys, but like last year have some guys who can step in and replace that offense. Gauthier and Statsny will both be back to lead the club up front. I'm putting my money on DU, if all their guys come back they should be the favorites once again.

Old
04-10-2005, 12:18 PM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
The teams with alot of freshmen won't be the ones to watch, its the ones who keep the majority of their players. BC could be strong, Michigan will be really strong if there is still a strike.

Old
04-10-2005, 12:23 PM
18Sarge

Send a message via ICQ to 18Sarge
Bc is losing i think 8 graduating seniors this year including important players like Shannon and Alberts. They are going to need a lot of people to step up and another good freshman class.

Old
04-10-2005, 01:11 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Cornell should be strong again next year, unless Moulson leaves early to sign with Pitt, but I hope he doesn't. Losing Cook and Downs on defense will hurt some for sure and Knoepfli as well. Still can't believe they lost in ot to Minnesota, thought they were going to win that one, oh well next season is only six months away.

Old
04-10-2005, 02:34 PM
Joey13

DU is losing 7 seniors but is bringing in 3 excellent defensemen and two really talented forwards.

Minnesota can't get the home ice preferential treatment for the next couple of years but their recruiting class next year is awesome.

Look for another National Champion out of the WCHA!!!

Old
04-10-2005, 02:42 PM
neophool*

Cornell should be right up there again next year...2 strong to-be-sophomore defenseman, not losing as many good seniors as other teams, and of course getting Moulson and McKee back is huge. I look for Tofer Scott to have a really good year next year. And Moulson won't sign with pItt, Pittsburgh traditioanlly has thier college kids finish school, CP has always preached the importance of egtting your degree and finishing school.

Old
04-10-2005, 04:46 PM
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor

With the lockout the roster continuity is going to be greater than ever. DU heads to next year with less question marks than coming into this season (picked to finish 6th in the WCHA ) If CC can bring back Stuart, Sertich and Sterling they look good, Minny and Wisconsin have good young teams this year and Zajak and Fabian could carry NoDak far. Throw in UMD could rebound from a bad year.

Outside the Winning Championships Hockey Assoc. Michigan should have a shot if Montoya returns, Cornel and Boston U had a real young team and Jack Parker.

Let's not count out the American International Yellowjackets.

Old
04-10-2005, 05:46 PM
kalehr

The WCHA should be VERY strong next year. Denver is returning a lot of this year's championship tam, and Manino will only be a sophomore. If he has another strong year, they should be one of the favorites for the title. Minnesota and North Dakota and CC will also be strong, as will Wisconsin, provided they can find a suitable replacement for Bruckler.

Old
04-10-2005, 05:54 PM
DownFromNJ

UNH did well despite injuries and a young team. Look for them to make the Frozen Four next year.

Old
04-10-2005, 08:09 PM
Patman

UMN should be the favorite, BC and Maine are Eaves and Howard away respectively from not likely having typical years and next year its going to be an all-out battle in Hockey East between BU, Maine, BC, UNH, Lowell, and Vermont with Amherst floating on the outside of that grouping.

Old
04-10-2005, 08:30 PM
acr*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownFromNJ
UNH did well despite injuries and a young team. Look for them to make the Frozen Four next year.
I was listening to the radio broadcast of the UNH/DU game, and between periods they were saying that 2007 is going to be their year. Macflickier anda couple of other forwards who contributed this year will be seniors, Regan will be a junior, and they're hosting a regional in Manchester.

Old
04-10-2005, 09:46 PM
X-SHARKIE

Send a message via AIM to X-SHARKIE
I still love Minnesotas recruitment class.

Sure Kessel won't be there very long, two years at the most.

But i've been able to watch Wheeler in the USHL and he's a stud, he doesnt hit or use his size but he's a gamebreakign end to end play with a beutifull stride and soft soft hands.

Plus they have the next Jimmy Howard IMO in Fraaze.

It should be an exciting team to watch.

It will be fun to watch Kessel play vs Skille...If you fellas outside of her in Wisconsin don't know.

They are not to fond of each other since there mite years...and thats putting it in a nice way.

Old
04-10-2005, 10:02 PM
SpinTheBlackCircle
Global Moderator
first of many

I picked Denver to go back-to-back, and I see no reason that they shouldn't be the favorite to make it a three-peat.

Old
04-11-2005, 01:13 AM
Rabid Husky

vCash: 583
Honestly, any one of the 4 teams that made it this year, none of them lose a whole lot, that is if Sertich and Sterling come back for CC. Denver does lose some key leaders, but that happened last year, didn't slow them down. Look for these 4 teams to fight it out again

Old
04-11-2005, 04:19 AM
MN_Gopher

Look at the gohers lines next year.
Potulny, Irmen, Howe
Guyer, Kessel, Stoa
Kaufman, Chucko, Wheeler
Sertich, Bostrom, Hirsh
Harrington-Gologoski
Hagemo-Anderson
Vanelli-Peltier

And the scratch line of
Pohl, Gordon, Borgon
Kennedy-Atherton

We could play 5 lines deep and 4 D rotaions and not loose a beat. And just because i love my gophers. All will play.
Potulny-Irmen-Howe
Mueller-Kessel-Stoa
Kaufman-Wheeler-Chucko
Pohl-Okoposo-Carman

Goligoski-RJ.Anderson
Vanelli-Peltier
Hagemo-E.Johnson

And just because 2020
MN_Gopher junior -

Last edited by MN_Gopher: 04-11-2005 at 01:17 PM.
Old
04-11-2005, 07:57 AM
TMHUNH

No question there are some great recruiting classes coming in next year, but you guys need to realize that no team will ever win a national championship because of a bunch of freshman. The teams to beat will be the teams that lose the fewest impact players, not the ones who bring in new ones. That is why everyone was pointing at BC and Michigan before this year. So, depending on who stays and who goes the teams to beat should be CC and Minnesota. But remember, I am not picking Minnesota because of the great recruiting class, I am picking them because all of their impact players should be sticking around (unless you count Tallackson as a huge loss).

Old
04-11-2005, 09:22 AM
Jori

Send a message via Yahoo to Jori
Matt Carle and Brett Skinner have publically stated they will stick around next year. Denver has some good young defensemen coming in next year, but it will be great to have the Carle/Skinner combo for one more season.

Old
04-11-2005, 09:36 AM
ceber

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMHUNH
No question there are some great recruiting classes coming in next year, but you guys need to realize that no team will ever win a national championship because of a bunch of freshman. The teams to beat will be the teams that lose the fewest impact players, not the ones who bring in new ones. That is why everyone was pointing at BC and Michigan before this year. So, depending on who stays and who goes the teams to beat should be CC and Minnesota. But remember, I am not picking Minnesota because of the great recruiting class, I am picking them because all of their impact players should be sticking around (unless you count Tallackson as a huge loss).
Good logic. I'm a Gopher fan, and I'm going to hedge my bet on this one. I think the Gophs will be good, but I don't think I'd call them a clear-cut favorite at all. There's a lot of room for improvement amongst the guys returning, and the young kids, no matter how talentented, might have a lengthy adjustment period.

Old
04-11-2005, 10:12 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

The NHL CBA will have a major say

Old
04-13-2005, 07:28 PM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

To those of you that are picking Michigan, here's somethings to keep in mind:

1) They lose something like 10 seniors this year, including players such as Eric Nystrom, Brandon Rogers and David Moss. That is a lot to lose and to have to replace, even with an incoming freshman class that features a terrific talent like Jack Johnson. I'm not saying the Wolverines don't have a chance to win it all this coming season but there's a lot of holes to fill coming this fall.

2) The Rangers really, really wanted Big Al to leave Ann Arbor early after last season, wanna bet that they'll try it again this off-season?

TMHUNH brings up a very good point about the freshman class leading teams to the National Championship, however there are many teams, that should they return all (or most) of their top players should be in the running. I see teams such as Wisconsin, CC, DU in the WCHA as well as teams such as BU, UNH and Maine in HEA that could make serioud run. But I also wouldn't count out schools such as Cornell and MSU either. A lot will depend upon who stays and who bolts early.

As for the Minnesota argument, I've said this numerous times this season and I'll state it again, you can never count out the Gophers. Love 'em or hate 'em, the Gophers are always tough and with that dynamite freshman class coming in next season, it could conceivably be the ONLY season where we'll see all of those talented youngsters together in the maroon and gold, thus perhaps the (added) pressure of winning a national championship again.

Old
04-13-2005, 07:51 PM
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor

Next year's Regionals are in Worcester (as always), Albany, Green Bay and Hitler Memorial Arena. The Frozen Four is in Milwaukee.

So Wisconsin benefits the most in terms of home ice advantage.

Old
04-15-2005, 01:15 AM
futurcorerock

Ton of talk between WCHA and the East Coast. What's the cut for the CCHA outside of Michigan?

Closed Thread