HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > NCAA, CIS, and other college
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
NCAA, CIS, and other college Discuss college/university news, players, leagues, games, and tournaments.

Who is the favorite for 2006?

Closed Thread

Old
04-15-2005, 05:56 PM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurcorerock
Ton of talk between WCHA and the East Coast. What's the cut for the CCHA outside of Michigan?
I'm not sure if I follow what you're asking. Now if you're asking what teams could have a legit shot at possibly making the FF, I already mentioned MSU. If NMU can find another Tuomas Tarkki, then I wouldn't count them out either. OSU is another good possibility, especially if Nate Guenin returns for his senior season.

Old
04-16-2005, 11:27 AM
Commander Enigma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbro
...Hitler Memorial Arena.
Am I not getting something here?

Old
04-16-2005, 01:12 PM
Patman

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkboy
Am I not getting something here?
Ralph Engelstad had a rumored Nazi fetish.

Old
04-16-2005, 02:19 PM
futurcorerock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers Chick
I'm not sure if I follow what you're asking. Now if you're asking what teams could have a legit shot at possibly making the FF, I already mentioned MSU. If NMU can find another Tuomas Tarkki, then I wouldn't count them out either. OSU is another good possibility, especially if Nate Guenin returns for his senior season.
Yeah, specifically I was asking if Notre Dame and Miami will be having rebound seasons as well as contending amongst NMU, MSU, and UNO.

Old
04-17-2005, 02:37 AM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by futurcorerock
Yeah, specifically I was asking if Notre Dame and Miami will be having rebound seasons as well as contending amongst NMU, MSU, and UNO.
In Miami's case, they're going to have to figure out who is going to carry the load in goal. Remember Brandon Crawford-West has left the team and he was a big reason behind the RedHawks success, particularly in the 03-04 season. Now Charlie Effinger could conceivably be Crawford-West's successor. He played well down the stretch as Crawford-West's backup this season.

In ND's case, it'll depend partly on who's coaching the team since Dave Poulin has stepped down (but he'll remain at ND). Also, alot will depend upon whether or not David Brown can rebound from his bad season this year. What many people may not know (or perhaps underestimating) is the Irish's incoming freshman class. They have some good-looking kids coming in this fall. That said, they'll still need their non-freshmen to step it up. Wes O'Neill had a very good season, but he too will need to kick it up a notch if the Irish expect to get to the NCAA Tourney, let alone the Joe this upcoming season.

UNO will lose very few players to graduation but IMO the big question will be if they can top or at the very least equal what they achieved this season. Depending upon who you believe, there are some who say that the Mavs overachieved this season and would be hard-pressed to equal or better that feat again next season. I'm of the opinion that they could conceivably equal it, but not so sure at this point if they'd be able to better it.

Closed Thread