HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

are trade details priveledged?

Old
03-28-2013, 01:39 PM
sandysan

vCash: 500
are trade details priveledged?

Based on the developing debacle regarding the iginla trade I was wondering if trade proposals are
Priveledged info or not. A lot of people implied that feaster and iginla were using Boston to bump up the price, but I'm not sure if feaster is allowed to divulge to one suitor what another suitor offered. Does anyone know?

I mean if team A offers something and feaster can say no but how about XY and Z, but can he say to team A that we have the following offer from team B so if you want Jerome you will have to do better?

sandysan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 01:42 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 0
GMs always say "I got a better offer from team C". In the book money ball, it plays out how the A's were trying to trade a player, but the team they were talking to said they had a deal for player X for less. A's turned around and traded for player X and got the team by the short and curlies and got what they wanted for the player.

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 01:42 PM
mizzoublues29
Unregistered User

Game theory.

mizzoublues29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 01:48 PM
sandysan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
GMs always say "I got a better offer from team C". In the book money ball, it plays out how the A's were trying to trade a player, but the team they were talking to said they had a deal for player X for less. A's turned around and traded for player X and got the team by the short and curlies and got what they wanted for the player.
I get this, and if a gm makes an offer and feaster says, we have a better deal from somewhere else I can understand this, but can feaster tell team a what team B offered? This would be a good way to discern who could be moved, like your example but it seems skeevy to me.

But if you can't say team b offered us players about and c, then how can this drive up the price?

sandysan is offline   Reply With Quote